PDA

View Full Version : neocron servers

cRazy2003
21-07-04, 00:15
i know level 3 host the neocron servers, and im not sure who hosts the venus servers?

but id really love to know how companies and stuff go about hosting neocron servers, and what bandwidth they would use etc, would be intresting to know. anyone have any ideas?

Lexxuk
21-07-04, 00:18
couple of zx spectrum's with a few gprs mobile phones should do it :p

Doc Holliday
21-07-04, 00:24
wtf lexx u noob. they use various old tv sets/vaccuums/other old household appliances to power them coupled with a small 6 watt bulb to show if they get hot and then plenty of microwaves all wired in together. thats why when u fatal its just the micro pinging saying your food ( the server ) is cooked.

Lexxuk
21-07-04, 00:25
that would have been my 2nd guess <3

cRazy2003
21-07-04, 00:27
shut up bitch

its just our radio station has access to a 1gbps backbone server in america, and i know some people have been wigning for an american server, so what bandwidth do they use?

StryfeX
21-07-04, 00:59
shut up bitch

its just our radio station has access to a 1gbps backbone server in america, and i know some people have been wigning for an american server, so what bandwidth do they use?Well, assuming a worst case scenario of using 6KBps (48Kbps) and 1000 people on at once (HAHAHAHA....'scuse me :p) that would be roughly 6MBps (48Mbps). Either way, that's a nice chunk of data.

--Stryfe

I think KK said that NC is only designed to use like 4KBps max, so 6 really is a "worst-case" scenario.