PDA

View Full Version : F6, TG, Anarchy Breed and the Psycho Within

Spikadelia
20-07-04, 19:58
And I quote from the Good Book. Chapter Seven, Verses 7.2……

Idealistic, uncompromising, enthusiastic. That is what the men and women of the Twilight Guardian are – or at least strive to be. In their fight against the current despotic Neocron regime they are determined to give their lives if need be, to create a better future for the people of Neocron.

Sex, drugs, Rock n’Roll. Basically this is what the conglomerate of punks, dealers, junkies, outlaws, politically objectionable and full time philosophers called “Anarchy Breed”

Quotes from the Neocron Manual Faction outlines

For God’s Sake please make AB a playable faction.

Let them hang out in the Outzone Jail. Make them neutral to all Mutants and let them take over Dark Metal as their stronghold. Make any civilised city either DoY or NC off limits, shot at instantly by spy-in-the-sky security turrets in any main city area, except for the darkest, deadliest danger zones. Only let them trade with Nomads or their own Stronghold traders. Give the hardcore badass PK and RP/Pkers a faction worthy of their actions. You turn up at a Player Event with that Beast/Powerbooze Gold tanked up Dennis Hopper in “Blue Velvet” stare and we know what will happen. Security better be tighter than a gnat’s chuff or else. Damn it I’m a crap PvPer but even I would create an Anarchy Breed runner for the hell of it.

Restore Twilight Guardian’s vaunted reputation as heroic and independent freedom fighters. At the moment all I read in the forums is an endless litany of complaints about TG clans and their behaviour to allied factions. Caring little for the –100sl it brings or the disgust of their fellow players. This would at least provide a legitimate raison d’etre for the worst psychotic behaviour you care to indulge in. Isn’t this better than the F6 exploiting/ bad-blood causing rubbish the game seems to be festering in at the moment. With DoY about to hit we’ll all have to see how factions and allegiances shape up. I’d love to see TG a force for liberty and AB a force for absolute mindless violence.

Any thoughts welcome about the nature of the faction and how it might. Apologies if this is an old idea, but my memory ain’t that good and neither is my use of the search facility.

Climbs into asbestos body-bag and holds breath. :D

“Why does the guerrilla fighter fight? We must come to the inevitable conclusion that the guerrilla fighter is a social reformer, that he takes up arms responding to the angry protest of the people against their oppressors, and that he fights in order to change the social system that keeps all his unarmed brothers in ignominy and misery.”
- Ernesto Che Guevara

Frank announces that the mood-altering pills have psyched him up, and the darkness has brought his lethal, aggressive potency to full bloom:
“Now it’s dark. Let’s F—K, I’ll f—k anything that moves.”
Blue Velvet Screenplay

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 20:02
AB isnt about being a pker its about being anti-establishment and until people realise this it shouldnt be a playable faction or it should be heabily regulated by the faction councilor who to let in and who to kick out.

Sakletare
20-07-04, 20:03
For God’s Sake please make AB a playable faction.

They will be in BDoY/NC2. You can't be factionless in NC2, you become AB when you are kicked out of a faction.
....and i really hope they will be red to everyone, including other AB.

Duder
20-07-04, 20:03
If AB would be a playable faction abilty to make clans should not be possible. (How the hell can you make Anarchy organized into tidy little clans? HUH?)

Rob01m
20-07-04, 20:05
If AB would be a playable faction abilty to make clans should not be possible. (How the hell can you make Anarchy organized into tidy little clans? HUH?)

....and i really hope they will be red to everyone, including other AB.

Hehe, imagine being in a clan with fellow red=dead people. :p

J. Folsom
20-07-04, 20:05
Too true. ;)

Also have to agree with Snow here though, being an anarchist isn't the same as being a mad psychopathic killer who froths all the time. :p

Spikadelia
20-07-04, 20:08
AB isnt about being a pker its about being anti-establishment and until people realise this it shouldnt be a playable faction or it should be heabily regulated by the faction councilor who to let in and who to kick out.

In pure RP terms I agree Mr.Snow. I'm just trying to find a "real-politick" way of giving the rampant PK/players a way of venting steam and playing an approximation of their values. Also to liberate TG from said behaviour.

Marx
20-07-04, 20:08
Duder and Mr_Snow already beat me to the good stuff.

'Anarchist' does not equal 'Murderer'.

Rob01m
20-07-04, 20:09
Maybe have a separate faction labeled "Scum" or something? :p j/k

Speedball
20-07-04, 20:11
AB roxxxx
:lol:

Sakletare
No clans in AB gets my vote. AB are scum, kicked out of their faction for being a criminal/traitor. They should act as what they are; outcasts, hunted and despise by everyone.

Mr_Snow
Monster faction seems to fit name wise and I think pkers would like the name better then anarchy breed, personally I always like the insect faction myself but dont know why.

@Speedball I personally trhink you should be removed from the anarchy breed because you dont even attempt to roleplay you only use the faction to keep your sl up.

Rob01m
20-07-04, 20:12
Monster faction seems to fit name wise and I think pkers would like the name better then anarchy breed, personally I always like the insect faction myself but dont know why.

So the uber dragonflies don't kill you?

Spikadelia
20-07-04, 20:15

Anarchists can choose to organise themselves into clans, they just will not accept external authority imposing said structure.

Look Guys I'm not saying this is a perfect solution but if it channels some of the worst excesses committed on some of the servers into a vaguely RP'able form and that you know to grab your guns when AB ride in to town isn't that worth considering?

Thanks for your replies. :)

Marx
20-07-04, 20:18
Anarchists can choose to organise themselves into clans, they just will not accept external authority imposing said structure.

Look Guys I'm not saying this is a perfect solution but if it channels some of the worst excesses committed on some of the servers into a vaguely RP'able form and that you know to grab your guns when AB ride in to town isn't that worth considering?

Thanks for your replies. :)Hey, I don't mind PKers.

I would mind "anarchists" making clans and taking over factories, labs, etc.

Especially since the money given to clans from holding OP's is money from the faction, paying you rent for use of the place you captured. So figure these anti-establishment folks would be getting money... From an establishment.

Hell, just the fact that there is a faction devoted to the ideals of Anarchy is kind of hokey and hypocritical.

To me its like people wearing clothes from Hot Topic saying that they're non-conformist. It just doesn't compute.

Archeus
20-07-04, 20:23

Exactly...

Evey: "All this riot and uproar, V...is this anarchy? Is this the land of do-as-you-please?"
V: "No. This is only the land of take-what-you-want. Anarchy means 'without leaders'; not 'without order'. With anarchy comes an age of ordnung, of true order, which is to say voluntary order. The age of ordnung will begin when the mad and incoherent cycle of verwirrung has run its course. This is not anarchy, Eve. This is chaos."

-V For Vendetta

seraphian
20-07-04, 20:37
I like the basic concept, but I have an inkling that this would end up being an excuse for all kinds of anti-social and disruptive behavior:

"I'm a member of an anarchist faction in a dark and gritty cyberpunk world, therefore it's only logical I spend all day Barreling Genereps, tradeskill scamming people, Ruining events and telling people to '******* their ******* ******* motherfucking ******' on trade chat."

Most people don't understand that anarchy as a political system has NOTHING to do with spraypaintins that overused 'A' symbol on everything in sight, breaking random windows and setting off bombs in government buildings and a lot more to do with a belife in the basic goodness of people and the ability of people to manage their own affairs responsibly rather than needing a government to control them

<<PS: I consider myself a liberitarian/anarchist politically, but I'm disgusted by what a lot of people do in the name of the movement>>

EDIT: wow, I didn't think THAT MUCH of that sample quote would get edited by the forum... well, I think you understand the point.

Spikadelia
20-07-04, 20:54
Sex, drugs, Rock n’Roll. Basically this is what the conglomerate of punks, dealers, junkies, outlaws, politically objectionable and full time philosophers called “Anarchy Breed”

I'm concerned that people think this is a debate about the nature of anarchism. There are a lot of people far more informed to debate the nuances of that, I won't go there.

I re-quoted the above to shift my point back to a veiw that the AB are mal-adjusted and generally anti-social. We need to have a lightning conductor in the game for problems that after nearly two years we have to acknowledge aren't going away. This would at least coalesce the attitude into an identifiable game element.

[QUOTE=seraphian]I like the basic concept, but I have an inkling that this would end up being an excuse for all kinds of anti-social and disruptive behavior:

"I'm a member of an anarchist faction in a dark and gritty cyberpunk world, therefore it's only logical I spend all day Barreling Genereps, tradeskill scamming people, Ruining events and telling people to '******* their ******* ******* motherfucking ******' on trade chat."
QUOTE]

Sadly Seraph I think that the above behaviour is here to stay. With this idea though if you're AB though you can't camp any GR be it DoY or NC, FA, MB, or TG.

Marx
20-07-04, 20:58
I re-quoted the above to shift my point back to a veiw that the AB are mal-adjusted and generally anti-social. We need to have a lightning conductor in the game for problems that after nearly two years we have to acknowledge aren't going away. This would at least coalesce the attitude into an identifiable game element.And I have no problem with that, as long as there are barriers which would prevent the rise and proliferation of AB... Which is exactly what would happen if it opened up.

Make it so they can't clan - if they can... Fine, make it so they can't take Outposts.

As small potatoes criminals and political philosophers... They have no reason to hold territories.

This would prevent everyone and their mother from switching over to "OMG SO KOOL" AB; and it would be fitting.

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 21:10
I think there should be a faction for all full-time pks which they are forced into called the happy bunny faction which is allied to everyone but doesnt have missions so if you kill somebody you have no way of getting you SL up, fill up this faction with people for a week and the majority of neocron anti-social problems will be solved.

Spikadelia
20-07-04, 22:16
Would it work having Anarchy Breed as the default faction for anyone whose soul-light drops below a certain point?

The punitive aspects of denied access to the cities and trading restrictions would apply to those who are forced into the faction as a result of their actions.

Some would make it a badge of honour to exist as an AB outcast, for others's it would be a stigma only to be removed by missions before re-admittance into the rest of the NC faction community.

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 22:20
Would it work having Anarchy Breed as the default faction for anyone whose soul-light drops below a certain point?

The punitive aspects of denied access to the cities and trading restrictions would apply to those who are forced into the faction as a result of their actions.

Some would make it a badge of honour to exist as an AB outcast, for others's it would be a stigma only to be removed by missions before re-admittance into the rest of the NC faction community.

Again you have to murder to get low soul light and that isnt roleplaying being anarchy breed and anyway to get low soul light all you have to do is gank all the vendors in the OZ for a while.

Archeus
20-07-04, 22:34

Have two factions.

AB = Negative FS in all factions, but positive SL.
Evil = Negative SL
Chaos = Negative FS, Negative SL.

The option to play Chaotic should incur serious penalties.

Spikadelia
21-07-04, 00:49
Have two factions.

AB = Negative FS in all factions, but positive SL.
Evil = Negative SL
Chaos = Negative FS, Negative SL.

The option to play Chaotic should incur serious penalties.

I like this train of thought Archeus, although maybe three factions is over-extending the process. After all one mistake can tip you over into negative soullight and with the penalties/nature of AB it would be a tough price to pay for one stray plasma burst.