PDA

View Full Version : Leveling @ Tech Haven

Jeros82
20-07-04, 17:12
Since I started my first FA runner today I need some help. I don't know where I can lvl in TH. I found Energy Core LVL1 near the TH elevators, but it was completly empty. The LVL were filles with 35/35 sentry guns which killed me in 2 secs...

Can somebody give me some info plz....

SirRah
20-07-04, 17:13
run to NC and lvl in the sewers/aggies :p

Jest
20-07-04, 17:14
Run to Neocron. Sad but true. Though TH does have some great mid level hunting spots if you have a team and can hack.

Jeros82
20-07-04, 17:20
:( That's the reason why i started a FA char, so I wouldn't have to go to NC... Guess only TG and CM have there own lvling places for new chars..... :(

n3m
20-07-04, 17:29
yar, TH noob leveling was fucked when the turrets got their boost. just like the spiderbots got borked

Archeus
20-07-04, 17:36
The level 1 isn't actually empty. What happens is they spawn outside of the tunnel area. So you can't get to them.

[TgR]HusK
20-07-04, 18:02
one ppu, techhaven 2 cores, will level you crazy enough.

Should not be to hard to find a PPU willing to help you, especialy not after you joined his or her clan :p

(note that you do need a hacker to open the door for you to go to the mad place)

[TgR]KILLER
20-07-04, 18:09
TH level 2 cores in TH3 and TH3. they spawn. a few low level mobs there.. jut found out today 1 core was almost emty and others had indeed higher level mobs in them. and in yet another the mobs were all spawned over time in a hackroom it was full of low level stuff and a few of the bigger ones :/

seraphian
20-07-04, 20:54
TH cores are best for people that can take the rank 40 Sentryguns... until that point either run/get a ride to NC, or get a PPU to help you... With a PPU doing Sentrygun 'normal' missions (to get my symp up enough to join FA) I went from a dex of 8 (and using a stiletto knife) to using an Assault rifle with a rank of like 30 in one night...

Thanks Holy, wherever you are!

Be forewarned though, that the Light and Heavy Malfunctioning bots do a LOT more damage than other mobs of comparable level. They're rank 32 and 35 respectively, but they do pure peirce damage, which most people don't resist well and their hard as hell to hit unless you're an APU or a Melee or cap aiming on your gun... they're tougher than launchers by far, for less XP.

J. Folsom
20-07-04, 20:57
Be forewarned though, that the Light and Heavy Malfunctioning bots do a LOT more damage than other mobs of comparable level. They're rank 32 and 35 respectively, but they do pure peirce damage, which most people don't resist well and their hard as hell to hit unless you're an APU or a Melee or cap aiming on your gun... they're tougher than launchers by far, for less XP.
From my experience, those bots do way less damage than aggressors do, while around double their rank... Hmm.

slaughteruall
20-07-04, 21:00
The cores are good. I lvl'd my pistol spy/resser on pluto in there. And my MC tank on saturn there. Good CON xp :)

Slaughter

Organics
20-07-04, 23:21

:confused: Did they increase Bot damage significantly in the last couple of months? When I was leveling my Melee tank down there a couple months ago, they were quite hard since I was 10/10 rank ish but they were doable as long as I legged it to heal occasionally. Not quite sure what happened to TH, but I found it a fucking great place to level my Melee Tank, didn't leave for ages and bypassed NC entirely, just went straight to MB / TG.

Having a bit of hacking helped getting through the doors, but you don't need much so it won't gimp your setup.

J. Folsom
20-07-04, 23:22
:confused: Did they increase Bot damage significantly in the last couple of months? When I was leveling my Melee tank down there a couple months ago, they were quite hard since I was 10/10 rank ish but they were doable as long as I legged it to heal occasionally. Not quite sure what happened to TH, but I found it a fucking great place to level my Melee Tank, didn't leave for ages and bypassed NC entirely, just went straight to MB / TG.

Having a bit of hacking helped getting through the doors, but you don't need much so it won't gimp your setup.
They got stronger at the same time TH's defences got boosted, now shoot more, walk faster, and have been washed with bad washing powder, since they're about half their previous size.

Glok
20-07-04, 23:25
The loot from them has been nerfed into oblivion though. I barely get enough junk to recycle my ammo, and sellable loot is non-existant. They mostly drop glass, wires, metalplate, and metalpipes now, along with low level chems.

seraphian
20-07-04, 23:27
Caveat: Since Force resist skill also helps with peirce, most tanks can stand up to it pretty well, the ones that have real trouble are APUs and spies.

The real trouble with the little blighters is how fast they move, damn impossible to target, nearly as bad as a dragonfly.

Organics
20-07-04, 23:28
They got stronger at the same time TH's defences got boosted, now shoot more, walk faster, and have been washed with bad washing powder, since they're about half their previous size.

Wow really? Well that fucking sucks. I can see how it'd be hard as hell to level effectively there from 0/2 onwards. They should have left the "attack anyone" mobs alone. Whether you're FA or not, they attack you anyway so what the fuck is the point in increasing their power? Admittedly they didn't do a lot of damage BUT they were infinitely more agile and manevourable than an Aggressor/Captain. So pretty good really for starting chars.(which on a sidenote is the whole point considering FA chars got a fucking long way to run to NC by themselves, thus why the cores were effective before the change)

ichinin
21-07-04, 00:28
You can also exit TH and take on the bats, creepers and other stuff that can be killed by a noob with some TL 5 knuckles..

Just stay away from the Hoverbombers and warbots/spiderbots and you'll be ok.

Glok
21-07-04, 00:34
What I did with my noob FA chars was run delivery missions till all my stats were 10+, and then went directly to the bots. Only takes a few hours.

[TgR]HusK
21-07-04, 00:36
Its not that bad,
I've leveld with them as a tank, as a hybrid monk and as a rifle pe, there more of a challenge than aggressors offcourse, but they also have higher ranks... and I love it that for once something is a challence in other ways than firepower and healthbar. As a tank I could take them on my own from the start, as a hybrid monk I could to (barely though) and as a pe I had some starter help though, but the aiming wasn't the problem after some practise.

Necrosadistic
21-07-04, 00:37
Leveling Midlevel in the swamps is also fun.... I just love bringing down swamp warriors... you get a real sense of achievement... Another bonus is that there are no pkers there so you can level in peace...

If you are a rifle spy you can level there no problem... Once you have enough psi for heal and deflector/resist booster