PDA

View Full Version : Melee PE

Jeros82
20-07-04, 13:31
Does anyone have an idea what would be a good Melee PE Setup ???

For Chips I was planning, M.O.V.E. O.N., PP Resistor, Marine CPU and Melee Exp. 3. Dunno about the rest. Only know that Bat Queen Imps will be needed.

J. Folsom
20-07-04, 13:37
Only bat queen imp you'll really need is the arm... :p

Anyway, are you sure you'll be getting enough strength that way? With the implants you mentioned, you only get +8 strength, you could add in a backbone for 5 more I guess, which'd give you +13 strength, but that's still only 73 strength without drugs, but you'd only get 68 normally (Because you need 81 strength for the marine to work), meaning you'd need +13 strength from drugs to activate your marine. And to get that, you'd need to rely on rare drugs, which isn't particularly viable.

Maarten
20-07-04, 13:39
You need to add a STR spine.

And as for the chips, depends on what you want to focus, defense or offense.

If you want to go for offense, use zerk 2 and 3 instead of PPR and Exp Melee for the extra STR, so you can use better weapons. You can go for the TL80 Tai-Chi sword with that setup.

Candaman
20-07-04, 13:40
Does anyone have an idea what would be a good Melee PE Setup ???

For Chips I was planning, M.O.V.E. O.N., PP Resistor, Marine CPU and Melee Exp. 3. Dunno about the rest. Only know that Bat Queen Imps will be needed.

Zerk 3 not melee exp 3 and be prepared to sell ur soul to afford all the drugs u need to be effective

Magic Sausage
20-07-04, 13:40
Change that melee 3 to a zerk three... and put a strength booster 3 in and thats an extra 10 str...

Hope this helps you out man

Jeros82
20-07-04, 13:42
I would like to try to make a setup with skillmanager, but since i'm @ work I can't DL ans install one (cause they will kick my ass if they find out)....

Also dunno yet how to deal with the points for CON.... They always confuse me... 8|

landofcake
20-07-04, 14:50
the way i worked it out (i'm making a Melee PE right now) you can use Move On, Marine and Zerk 2 and 3 and you can use the Tai Chi Sword, and take one drug for a Paw of Tiger. If you take out the Zerk 2 for a PP Resistor you can also use the Paw of Tiger with one drug but you'll need to drug for the Tai Chi Sword too.

MkVenner
20-07-04, 14:53
ok my melee Pe was drugged to hell and back. Marine, Zerk 3, PPR, Moveon, BQ Arms, gamma rest, titan armour and Inq, drugging for Tai Chi and BR3, and if you want MORE drugs you can drug for a Medium fire belt, oh and use a Str booster not a Hardened, you need the agi/ath

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-07-04, 14:53
I'm leveling my new PE with melee and can use the special forces combat knife and cap it with no drugs ( I hate using drugs ). imps are beserk 2,3, moveon, melee 3 and str 3 backbone. he does good damage in pvm and pvp and can hack too :D

TheDuckMan
20-07-04, 15:11
If you wanna be able to use a paw of tiger... you'll need...

MOVEON - Zerk3 - Zerk2 - MARINE - Hardened Backbone 3 - XStrong - Thyronol

I dont wanna give to much of my setup away but you can cap your speed, fire resist, and energy.

Tai Chi sword sucks... you dont wanna use it. Its good if your drugs run out and you have no more in your quikcbelt...but you wanna go PoT when u can.

Take it from a guy that knows ^^

Candaman
20-07-04, 15:35
The two weapons u use are either PoT which u can use with Beast/xstrong and wear a ppr so better defence or u can swap ppr for the zerk 2 and drug for the energy soulblade

TheDuckMan
20-07-04, 15:42
If you wanna be decent forget the ppr all together...

First off... it is way to expensive and to much work to get beast and xstrong and your drug haze will just suck.

You CAN cap your resist (+114 armor including the .9 armor for resists thing) in Energy Fire and have a good amount of XRay.

You can try the PPR but it will mess things up.

pearl
20-07-04, 16:55
melee PE is nice.
with paw of tiger you can hit hard. plus you have the str for excellent armor. combined with the PE's psi capabilities you can have fun in pvp. the only downside is the combatrank. i got 43 with pot :(

Jeros82
21-07-04, 11:39
OK, this is what my Setup is for the moment. Any comment is welcome....

Some additional info : 45 H-C for the ER Combat Hovertec V.1 and 62 VHC so i can drive the Rhino4x4 Chaincraft V.2 and the AT Troop Carrier V.1

btw, i sucks at resists :(

Glok
21-07-04, 11:55
What's with the Crahn belt? And your resists suck... but I can't seem to see where you wasted points.

Rob01m
21-07-04, 11:58
What's with the Crahn belt? And your resists suck... but I can't seem to see where you wasted points.

It's his armor.

Underground
21-07-04, 11:59
Melee PEs need beast and xstrong, moveon, marine, zerk 2/3 and str booster 3 spine to get to 90 strength for energy soulblade, you can get away with lowish ath as youll have stupidly high agility coz of 80 levels of unneeded dex, you can wear tank armour (Inq 4, duranium 3 etc) and have self cast shelter and blessed def. Melee PEs are better then a melee tank in the solo defence section, and coz of damage boost, energy soulblade does energy fire and force, and with that damage boost does damage comparable to the DG for a tank...

Your resists are low as you havent taken the 2 drugs for 90 strength, then you can use inq 4 armour, and use a light energy belt, you can get away with like base 14 fire i think then, and you havent put shelter onto the skill manager either. a melee PE should have around 400-430 HP when buffed and drugged, and youll take half the damage a solo tank will :)

Jeros82
21-07-04, 12:01
How much should alt be then ??? And I don't know what I should change my armor into....

BTW I don't want to use drugs all the time....

Underground
21-07-04, 12:03
How much should alt be then ??? And I don't know what I should change my armor into....

BTW I don't want to use drugs all the time....

Youll wanna take XStrong and Beast for fights, that gives you the energy soulblade which is your best weapon you can get to and it gives you the better armour aswell. Youll get used to drugging :)

Ath can be as low as 50 with imps coz youll have around 130-150 agil lol

Glok
21-07-04, 12:05
You want an FH2 and duranium boots. Unless you really want poison resist, lose the viper king for titan. Totally get rid of the crahn belt for a light energy belt.

Jeros82
21-07-04, 12:20
Can anyone make a post with a Skill Manager Pic what you think is the best setup ??

Glok
21-07-04, 12:34
Here is one. A few tweaks could be made of course, especially if you want poison resist.

[edit] Oh buffs, melee 1, spy 1, brb 2, shelter, bless def.

http://eastsdomain.com/site/people/skronk/meleepe.jpg

Rob01m
21-07-04, 13:31
Why is your FRC over 200? You know 200 armor is a hard cap right? (Pre-deflector/shelter)

Glok
21-07-04, 13:33
Why is your FRC over 200? You know 200 armor is a hard cap right? (Pre-deflector/shelter)Just because I capped skill resist at 114. Armor changes will change the total resist, like for mob specific hunting and such.

Cirith
21-07-04, 13:36
I'm PE melee on Venus, my setup is really better than urs, but the difference comes from drugs i use.
On venus it' s easy to find tiger blood and crescent tab, i don t know how it is on others servs, but i can use easily energy soulblade and PoT, medium energy belt, i got 520 HP and 130 in all resists except poison with heat 1.
I can also drive and gun rhino with beast, i repair TL 100, i hack and got 100 in psi use; and i can do this with only 3 drugs ^^ .

Glok
21-07-04, 13:39
...on Venus, my setup is really better than urs...tiger blood and crescent tab...with only 3 drugs ^^ .Yeah. :o

Cirith
21-07-04, 13:40
I've heard that TB and CT was not only on Venus... ;)

Rob01m
21-07-04, 13:47
I've heard that TB and CT was not only on Venus... ;)

Of course the drugs exist on other servers, but they are rare and unreliable due to it.