PDA

View Full Version : Should Faction Gaurds Attack Based On Faction Sympathy?

Crono
19-07-04, 22:31
Pretty much thats it, should gaurds attack based on faction standing, or what faction you are? Currently the whole Faction system is broken, and people are just using it against its intention, with more "Allied and Nutral" clans fighting then enemies.

Weither you think people should always fight their own fights or not is not even a question, as they were there to begin with to keep people out of there who arent supposed to be there, or atleast give people a home cort bonus. Having it attack based on negative Sympathy, would almost make things work again.

its a PvP game, but things are faction basses for a reason, it shouldnt be able to be using allied faction standing as a free ticket in if you go and kill people of that faction all the time. Things like this happen on all servers currently.

-Crono

Scikar
19-07-04, 22:37
There's arguments either way. Plus side, it would stop those kind of situations. Bad side, just from killing your natural enemies will bring you to -99 in most if not all factions bar your own. I'd really hate to be TG and have to tell my FA allies that I can't help defend TH because the turrets shoot me due to a war my clan had with Next or BioTech.

ezza
19-07-04, 22:40
my BD tank has -99 on all but BD, thats without killing some factions.

i mean ive never killed a NeXT member yet have got -99 as like the scikar says you end up like that over time just killing natural enemies

cRazy2003
19-07-04, 22:43
id love it for guards only attack depending on FC, that way you could be rewarded for having good symps

J. Folsom
19-07-04, 22:48
I think the best solution this would be the idea I once read... That the Faction Council (Y'know, those guys who are clan representatives you can vote for) can influence when the guards attack, this could include a setting for sympathy, and of course the standard security settings (Much like outposts turrets have, Attack all not in faction, attack enemies, attack none).

Marx
19-07-04, 22:51
I vote yes, but it has a caveat - it would have to be done after a proper clan wars system was implemented.

Benjie
19-07-04, 22:52
All of AYB vote no.

I vote yes and grant you with 5 gold stars, although faction sympothy losses from NPC's would need reworking.

Crono
20-07-04, 01:27
:D

But yea, the way faction loss is done from players and NPC's really needs to have a rework. But It still could be implimanted now, a couple hours of playign will bring u to a positive lvl after an accidantal kill or 2 of that faction. But would stop people from killing someoen there and staying unharmed from gaurds for more.

It has the biggest impact on Anti city areas, but they should really change innercity faction basses and give them a much better use. But there are gaurds from those places around the area outside it also.

As fun as it is to get a mini group together to wipe some random PKer out of a faction base, its usually too late and any constructors/noobs that was around has been killed by someone who can run anywhere like its his home.

-Crono

Brammers
20-07-04, 01:50
I think the best solution this would be the idea I once read... That the Faction Council (Y'know, those guys who are clan representatives you can vote for) can influence when the guards attack, this could include a setting for sympathy, and of course the standard security settings (Much like outposts turrets have, Attack all not in faction, attack enemies, attack none).

Now that idea I do like! :) Power to the council...erm people!

J J
20-07-04, 02:11
I'd really hate to be TG and have to tell my FA allies that I can't help defend TH because the turrets shoot me due to a war my clan had with Next or BioTech.

Wow what server do you play on?? Obviously not the one I play on ;) Those who do will know why lol

But yeah I like the idea

Shadow Dancer
20-07-04, 02:34
my BD tank has -99 on all but BD, thats without killing some factions.

i mean ive never killed a NeXT member yet have got -99 as like the scikar says you end up like that over time just killing natural enemies

Indeed. I have -99 symp on all factions except my current one, TG.

Crono
20-07-04, 02:37
Indeed. I have -99 symp on all factions except my current one, TG.

yea man, but thats cause Pluto Factions have a monkey wrench thrown in the way it should be working :P

But if it worked properly, i think this is how it shouls be donw with the gaurds :P

-Crono

Scikar
20-07-04, 03:00
Wow what server do you play on?? Obviously not the one I play on ;) Those who do will know why lol

But yeah I like the idea
I know. Check your clan forums. ;)

TG on Saturn was different, at least it used to be back when I was part of it.

Celt
20-07-04, 03:05
I would say yes if they revamped the system of gaining/losing FS and reset everyones.

IceStorm
20-07-04, 03:06
I like that idea. I'd also like it expanded to include DoY bots. If this was implemented, I could go anywhere in NC at any time - all my fac symps are positive. :-)

..i..DemonX
20-07-04, 04:29
I kinda like the idear but i think it have to be very dynamic. But like the ppl say it would be bad on the way u cant help anybody anymore cuz u get killed by theyr guards. Sure thats when u PK, PVP a lott in non war zones.
So i think be4 it should come there realy have to be a working clan war system!
Else u just will get shoot everywhere u go just cuz u play lott PvP in the game.

Birkoff
20-07-04, 04:35
99% of the population wouldn't be able to go anywhere if they did that lol

GOD NO

Implement clan wars... then do it maybe... depending on how they implement them.

Candaman
20-07-04, 05:24
i voted yes but one the back hand would turrets not attack enemys if they had posi symp?

Crono
20-07-04, 05:26
probably, but unless they did a bunch of missions, after their first kill the turrets woluld have a feild day :P

-Crono

Candaman
20-07-04, 05:33
i am still gonna vote for remove the turrets or make them bearable when neocron was popular "in mah dhey" mb / th / tg raids were teh win. It added somewhere else to pvp other than ops and pp now there is ops or pp or no where. Lots of fun was had by the attackers and the defenders had fun with the challenge to defend themselves.

I'm not saying turrets are a bad idea but maybe downtone them so it is still raidable and make the respawn time looooooooong then maybe u will find less friendly vs friendly killing

Crono
20-07-04, 05:39
yea man, the raids are fun, but tradeskillers are forced to work out of apts killing any life inside the place. Defending is fun, but only when you hear someone was ganked and u rush in to defend. It isnt fun to wait for people to attack like a night watchman :P

It is usually more fun for the attacker though ;P

most the time its 1-2 people running around ganking solo runners, then hightailing it out of there when some resistance comes to "spoil their fun" :P
Would be cool if a part of TH/MB/TG was a safezone that would act as the Hub for trade, (apts suck, common :P ) then the rest can be a less protected battle ground :D

so if its that kind of fun that it would ruin then its no big deal :P its rare latley that there is bigger battles there :/ Most dont stay and fight (sometimes they do though) when high lvls come, most usually die running to the GR. :P

having some sort of plaza like communities grow in thsoe places are more important :/

-Crono

Scikar
20-07-04, 05:55
Guards and turrets need to be toned down, but I think it's also not really viable until populations increase again. Some factions just don't have the people to defend against a raid atm.

Crono
20-07-04, 06:01
Yea, but with the way their desighned they seem to be like mini Plaza's for people to have trade and as mini hubs for commerce. I dont think their meant to be raidded and all tradeskillers killed by a group of 1-3 people (what fighting class in his right mind would sit and wait for it to be atatcked :P ) and "then" have people come and defend. if people had to die each time before defence comes, no one will ever hang there and tradeskill. So those places will always be ghost towns and only the random noob/person running threw will be ganked.

Its fun for the city sidded attackers who cant be raidded back, and its espically fun for the attackers cause they can do it "at their convience and leisure" and not get riped out of whatever you were currently doing to defend.

Defending can be fun, but the whole whay it s is chasing out all life from these places.

-Crono

Scikar
20-07-04, 06:34
That's also true. For a long while the biggest raiders of MB etc. on Saturn were all in BD. They all said what great PvP it was and how it was the Mercs' fault for not defending MB. When was the last time you even saw a BD in BD HQ, let alone someone raiding it? Those same BD would sit in P2 all day when they weren't out fighting (except, in fairness, Vet, who I've never seen in P2, and seems to actually spend all his time fighting, and isn't scared to fight without a PPU). Maybe things will change with NC2, who knows. I think raids are a workable point of the game, as long as things are in balance. There should still be tradeskillers to be found in TH ideally, and also the occasional raid. But raids should be balanced also, not just certain factions only ever defend and others only ever raid.

Sorin
20-07-04, 07:20
Not quite sure I understand the original post. The way it sounds like it's worded is the way it is now. I can't go to any neutral or allied faction HQs because my sympathies are so screwed. I walk by a neutral/ally and the guards threaten and attack me.

Now however, if the post was suppose to mean should they attack based ONLY on faction sympathy and disregard the Allied/Neutral/Hostile tags, then hell yes absolutely. I could go to enemy areas to get location specific supplies and not have to worry about guards shooting at me.

Scikar
20-07-04, 07:23
Sorin, if you're clanned then guards ignore your faction sympathies and generally just go by allied/neutral/hostile.

Sorin
20-07-04, 07:27
Really? :lol: That would explain it then, with only 1 of 7 characters on my home server being clanned.

20-07-04, 12:36
Err isnt that how it _used_ to work?

I remember being able to go anywhere (as NEXT) because Ihad LE and positive symp in all factions

Then they changed it to faction enemies (theres even a note in my Apartment guide about this)

Personally I'd like it to go back to symp-based but....

_Somehow_ you would need to stop faction enemies building faction to the point where they could walk freely through 'enemy' areas - the reason for this is it pretty much screws the story when DOY can walk freely around NC (and vice versa), one of the good things about DOY was the proposed 'exile' from NC for its enemies

n3m
20-07-04, 12:51
I vote not yet. :)

Archeus
20-07-04, 12:56
I think it should be like this. This would stop the neutral factions raiding areas and killing factions they shouldn't be for a long period.

However LE users shouldn't be affected by it.

..i..DemonX
20-07-04, 14:55
I like Cannings idear! :) Remove the uber high level Guards and let us raid till DOY is here O_o

Crono
20-07-04, 16:53
I like Cannings idear! :) Remove the uber high level Guards and let us raid till DOY is here O_o

me too, as long as they remove the safezones from inside the city that way its not just pro city that "omg i love raiding the HQ's" because they know there isnt a damed thing we can do back ;P

If not the "Fun" is more 1 sidded, its fun to defend, but not all the time. When people attack the do it at their leisure, and usually puss out soon as real comp comes, so it isnt usually even any fun for the defenders.

-Crono

Crono
20-07-04, 19:04
I heard that after DOY all safezones currently are being removed, and the only safezoes are going to be in faction HQ's and Clubs. (i assume this is to promote those places as stress free meeting grounds)

How will that work with the out of city HQ's? i wouldnt mind it, but would be a shame for TG, it has to be one of the coolest places for battles. Defending it like playing a king of the hill type Quake map, its so fun :D

-Crono

J. Folsom
20-07-04, 19:13
I heard that after DOY all safezones currently are being removed, and the only safezoes are going to be in faction HQ's and Clubs. (i assume this is to promote those places as stress free meeting grounds)

How will that work with the out of city HQ's? i wouldnt mind it, but would be a shame for TG, it has to be one of the coolest places for battles. Defending it like playing a king of the hill type Quake map, its so fun :D

-CronoFrom what I've picked up all factions wil have their main HQs in the city belonging to their side, and these main HQs are the ones that are safezones. So you'd still be able to attack the canyon, the only difference being that it's not the main HQ of the twilight guardian. ;)