PDA

View Full Version : Help me out pals!

bounty
19-07-04, 21:54
Neocron freezes after the cdv/kk/tektonic logo and i can't get to the log in screen. Just started doing this last night and rebooting doesn't work, nor does starting in windowed mode. When i cntrl-alt-del it says program not responding so i assume that it is just locking up. So odd, any ideas on what i can do to alleviate this problem?

Dirk_Gently
19-07-04, 21:56
When mine did it I just defragged and it stopped.

My system drive is screwed though.

J. Folsom
19-07-04, 21:57
Possibility 1: You need to free up some memory on your PC, kill some processes using control + alt + delete.
Possibility 2: Spy-ware Try scanning your computer with some anti-spy ware program. Spybot Search & Destroy and AdAware are the most popular choices.
Possibility 3: Software firewall causing problems by popping up a window you can't see. Unlikely since you don't see that when you do control + alt + delete, but you never know.

Matthew.v.smith
19-07-04, 22:11
Thats happened to me a few.

Just Restarting windows fixes it for me although when i first started NC i had to re install but i dont think that's the problem.

Matty.

whifix
19-07-04, 23:56
Did you try running a file check?

garyu69
20-07-04, 00:11
I've had this before and the reason it was not working for me was because earlier on i had a BitTorrent running and for somereason it conflicted with the Client.

Had to go into Task Manager and stop the torrent thing.