PDA

View Full Version : Venus

Celt
19-07-04, 21:20
So....

Got pissed off with saturns problems and went back to venus.

Enjoying it, enjoying the relaxed feeling, the extra touches(every faction has a faction specific vendor selling rare items for cheap, crahn has had a powerarmour vendor for months)

Enjoying the level of PVP, it's not as good as other servers but you feel like you've achieved more...

Less random pk'ing especially in newbie areas

Active FC's, most of who dont mind speaking english :D

More events(weekly rally on sundays)

Best GM EVER(legba)

Stuff like hidden labs/factories.

This is just a post to pimp venus to english players, as our crahn clan has sadly declined in the past few months, and a lot of people are missing out on a terrific server.

Scikar
19-07-04, 21:22
You mean so another bunch of English folks can go over and screw it up even more? I thought Venus already got messed up, that's why Menolak's here.

Celt
19-07-04, 21:24
[ edited ]

Scikar
19-07-04, 21:27
Fair enough. I'm tempted, but I'm sick of levelling now. Tried Uranus for a while, but I haven't got very far on the treadmill and and I can't see a reason to stay when I do.

Celt
19-07-04, 21:31
Fair enough. I'm tempted, but I'm sick of levelling now. Tried Uranus for a while, but I haven't got very far on the treadmill and and I can't see a reason to stay when I do.I got my melee tank to /30 on saturn and felt the same.

On venus I have a /63 ppu, /64 resser pistoleer and /64 pe, the spy is only base 93 dex though.

Judge
19-07-04, 22:12
So... there's an English Crahn clan on Venus, eh?

When I get back from America I may give Venus a try out. If you guys'll have me. :p

Just... don't expect me to be powerleveling to Cap within a few weeks... or tbh even months.

Shadow Dancer
19-07-04, 22:22
I'd go, but Venus has a very low pop when i'm on and I really don't want to level an apu again. Especially with the new screwed up dex gain.

bleh

Btw what do you mean sell rares for cheap? You mean rare rares? As in HL, CS, RolH, etc...?

Celt
19-07-04, 22:30
So... there's an English Crahn clan on Venus, eh?

When I get back from America I may give Venus a try out. If you guys'll have me. :p

Just... don't expect me to be powerleveling to Cap within a few weeks... or tbh even months.Yeah, a few people from uranus started on venus day one and stayed there, a few others joined them around september 2003, and a whole clan moved their early 2004 but quit :)

Anyone's welcome, even people I argue with on the forums.

I'd go, but Venus has a very low pop when i'm on and I really don't want to level an apu again. Especially with the new screwed up dex gain. Try something new :)

Melee PE? Melee tank? :)

Btw what do you mean sell rares for cheap? You mean rare rares? As in HL, CS, RolH, etc...?I said that? 0_o
Well rares do go fairly cheap, plus I have a nice collection(mostly pistol though) myself.

Shadow Dancer
19-07-04, 22:33
Melee PE? Melee tank? :)

Yea but I kick ass as an apu. :p

But I could see myself leveling a PE. Their pretty fast to level. None of this boring 80-100 bs other classes go through.

hrmmm

Probably a rifle PE. Or maybe HC pe.

Celt
19-07-04, 22:34
Yea but I kick ass as an apu. :p

But I could see myself leveling a PE. Their pretty fast to level. None of this boring 80-100 bs other classes go through.

hrmmm

Probably a rifle PE. Or maybe HC pe.HC PE is easy, just start as bio and go CM doing both epics.

Rifle PE, I have a spare 2 slot unmodded pain easer :)

Shadow Dancer
19-07-04, 23:06
HC PE is easy, just start as bio and go CM doing both epics.

Rifle PE, I have a spare 2 slot unmodded pain easer :)

How many drugs does a PE need to use TPC?

I'd like to try TPC pe.

Menolak
19-07-04, 23:07
Although we've had a lot of english-speaking asshats show up...(personally, I don't give a fuck anymore about them, kill or be killed), it IS coolor there.
Pros: Better RP style PvP
More intrigue/politics (fits in with the better RP)
Less Asshats
Legba!!!!!!!!!!!!! (No offense, Niddy, but Legba kicks ur ass :) )
You can actually take out your LE, and die a LOT less than on Saturn
Trashcans and Gogo's at the garages
People actually Trade on Trade
It's a lot more tightly controlled (names, etc)
More Events

Cons: Mainly French speaking, but a lot of english speakers are there
Low Server pops,mainly after suppertime (Eastern Standard Time)

Apparently the Alchemic Dream staff are PAID for their work, it shows.

One of the best RP PvP moments I remember: TT (Militech clan, i think) assassinated the TG Faction Counselor..Caused a real big stink when the FC refused to accept his fate and take his first and last GR, instead waited 45 minutes for a rez...
There is also a heavily used RP forum on the french forum section, for anybody that might be interested..If you show that you're not a prick, and you ask nicely, good chance someone will translate your work for you.
They did it for me. (I'm not french, but I've lived in Quebec for 12 years..my roommate who got me into the game set me up on Venus when I started)
If I can ever help ya..contact Darksoul or Wakeup, but I'm not on that much lately..my roommate will be coming back for Doy, the original Menolak, I'm gonna be starting a forum account for Tomalak, my Saturn main, soon...
My shit got stolen once, in a badly thought out transfer with a newer member of the clan..because the guy deleted after, Legba killed (permanently) all 4 of his accounts, took control of the thieves character to personally look for my stuff in his apartments..Unfortunately, 4 accounts=8 venus characters+multiple apartments, so i have to wait until the item tracker is finished for Doy to get my stuff back...An example of how nice they are.
Some good clans:
TG: Chaos Troopers, VTA.2 (VTA2 is an english speaking clan)
TT: Militech
CM: M.E.R.C.S
PP: Apoticaire
N.E.X.T: DivAlpha
DRE: who cares, it's DRE :p
CA: U4N/Unforgiven
BT: not sure, don't remember the names
Some of these clans might not exist anymore, I haven't been really active on venus in a month or two...
You can join Anarchy Breed also, not sure how, but there ARE AB Runners ...

r0ti0n
19-07-04, 23:24
Venus is fun..
Those pictures I posted of my PE in Pa with the Crahn Heal Bolt was from Venus. :lol:

Cyphor
19-07-04, 23:33
every faction has a faction specific vendor selling rare items for cheap, crahn has had a powerarmour vendor for months

Out of curiosity, if this isn't rares like cs etc, is it lvl 3 imps? or what type of rares?

Its good to see a different system than kks as you can compare them and see whats mre effective, it sounds like venus is best rp and community wise atm from what people are saying :angel: Just a pity about the low pop :(

Tratos
19-07-04, 23:35
Venus was great fun while i played there i may starting popping in more to help out Inquisition if you'll have me back and of course if thats still the name :)

Celt
19-07-04, 23:38
TG: 5eme colonne/ Chaos Troopers
CM: M.E.R.C.S. / Ombre
PP: Virus
NEXT: Div Alpha
CA: BAC
BT: HIX
FA: AFE
Crahn: Enfants
BD: La Rose Noire / Les Banks
Tsu: ADLN

These are the largest, not necessarily the best

Celt
19-07-04, 23:41
Out of curiosity, if this isn't rares like cs etc, is it lvl 3 imps? or what type of rares?

Its good to see a different system than kks as you can compare them and see whats mre effective, it sounds like venus is best rp and community wise atm from what people are saying :angel: Just a pity about the low pop :(Drugs like tigers blood, crescent tabs, some people got gliders.

Ive personally seen the NEXT faction reward and the crahn reward.

NEXT sells all vehicles(including stuff like trikes) with a vendor for cheap, as does TT with PE PA, etc

Menolak
19-07-04, 23:51
TG: 5eme colonne/ Chaos Troopers
CM: M.E.R.C.S. / Ombre
PP: Virus
NEXT: Div Alpha
CA: BAC
BT: HIX
FA: AFE
Crahn: Enfants
BD: La Rose Noire / Les Banks
Tsu: ADLN

These are the largest, not necessarily the best
can't believe I forgot 5ieme colonne and ADLN...(Im M.E.R.C.S, can't believe I forgot ADLN either, last I heard we were at war with them..:)

Celt
19-07-04, 23:52
can't believe I forgot 5ieme colonne and ADLN...(Im M.E.R.C.S, can't believe I forgot ADLN either, last I heard we were at war with them..:)hehe :)

btw, legba rules, rules completely and utterly.

Teal'c
19-07-04, 23:57
some people got gliders
everybody got em :(

RayBob
19-07-04, 23:58
I wonder what it would take for an American company to license NC from KK and launch a U.S. server. Hmmm.

shaKa le vrai
20-07-04, 00:23

I don't :D

Disturbed021
20-07-04, 00:36
I wonder what it would take for an American company to license NC from KK and launch a U.S. server. Hmmm.
:eek: 8| that would be sooo uber!

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 00:40
The only problem with americans starting on venus is that the quebecois(spelling) is low so not alot of people are on in the american evening and most have migrated to saturn including Menolak and PFE which are ex-members of BFE and AFE on venus.

Marx
20-07-04, 00:42
Ok, how about I form a company called "MARXS SERVAR INKORPURATED", all those who want the US server can mail/paypal/etc me 5 bucks a head... And I'll see what I can do.

;=

Menolak
20-07-04, 01:21

Everybody except you?
(I dont have one either)

ichinin
20-07-04, 01:57
Less Asshats...
...You can join Anarchy Breed also, not sure how, but there ARE AB Runners

Hmm...maby i'll check it out. Sounds like a cool server, althoug i wont understand 90% of what people are saying.. (except for Salut and Bonjour)

Menolak
20-07-04, 02:26
Hmm...maby i'll check it out. Sounds like a cool server, althoug i wont understand 90% of what people are saying.. (except for Salut and Bonjour)

You'll learn, it'll be an educational experience..:p (who said video games aren't good for ya!) there are people that speak english, too....
the ``head`` of AB is a guy named Niniche, I think...

Celt
20-07-04, 02:51
[ edited ]What the fuck?
I was replying to scikar,flamed no-one, scikar's post was fine(and rightly so) but mine is flaming?

Mods word is final(even if its stupid).

N.

amfest
20-07-04, 03:00
You can join Anarchy Breed also, not sure how, but there ARE AB Runners ...

You have to be a damn good RPer and have a very good reason on why you should be AB. I've read a few posts that say you need to constantly RP to stay in AB also.

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 04:38
It also helps if the people already in AB like you or atleast dont like you, there was a dude that got his sl into the minus seventies made up a good reason and then was turned down by the AB faction councilor because he wasnt liked by two of the more prominant AB members.

juvestar15
20-07-04, 05:01
I hope more of you come over, I get bored by myself. :(

Teal'c
20-07-04, 11:40
Everybody except you?
(I dont have one either)
Yes I have one...
First was sold 15 Millions, 2 days after you can find data cubes for 50K max... Just because someone wanted to make money.. :(
It should be like the spiritmod, no blueprint

Ultazha
20-07-04, 12:00

Its good to see a different system than kks as you can compare them and see whats mre effective, it sounds like venus is best rp and community wise atm from what people are saying :angel: Just a pity about the low pop :(

Exemples:
For Next: all vhc with prices depending on your faction sympathy
Fot TG: Artefact Inqui 4 armors, localised TG apparts, change an epic doy rifle to a doy pistol or doy canon, fusion guns. All prices on faction sympathy
For TT: Spy PA (i think)
For Crahn: Monk PA

You can't buy to that NPC if you're not of the NPC Faction.

That increase the RP Trade ;)

LTA
20-07-04, 15:18
Venus was great fun while i played there i may starting popping in more to help out Inquisition if you'll have me back and of course if thats still the name :)
It's still the name but there's like 4 of us left.... and that's the 4 who was there in the first place heh, i am sorta half active playing ff and dod a bit more tho, but we didn't have enought o do much and krel and cad have become ca and well yeah ....
Of course if peeps like crahn they can join, just we don't have enough stuff to supply people so don't join and expect to equipped by us cuz we don't have the stuff after tha last load joined got equipped then quit and didn't bother to give it back....

Menolak
20-07-04, 15:43
It also helps if the people already in AB like you or atleast dont like you, there was a dude that got his sl into the minus seventies made up a good reason and then was turned down by the AB faction councilor because he wasnt liked by two of the more prominant AB members.

One of them was Speedball,right? I was tossing around the idea of joining AB one, he told me no. :)

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 15:45
One of them was Speedball,right? I was tossing around the idea of joining AB one, he told me no. :)

And Youroba, I like Youroba though because he roleplays being AB very well, basically hes a mugger, but speedball basically is in AB to minimise his SL loss for sniping newbs at the MB with a ravanger.

OpTi
20-07-04, 15:59
Yourouba is my Fav AB before KAO, both i find amusing.

I still remember when Yourouba tried to get money off Xizor's /30 ppu only he didn't realise the 5 noobs and my tank (i was just looking after our noobs) stood round him were all Inqui. Needless to say he got shot at from all angles and quickly stealthed away with me chasing him across most of the zone, everytime he came at me again i almost killed him before he stealthed and ran off again to heal.

and last i remember KAO was just a plain psycopath and talks crazy most of the time.

and yeah our supplies are pretty low after we all quit and only 4 of us returned, but i do have a capped ppu that needs lots of int xp.

LTA
20-07-04, 16:32
and yeah our supplies are pretty low after we all quit and only 4 of us returned, but i do have a capped ppu that needs lots of int xp.
Who currently sports my ds :p

yourouba
25-07-04, 19:43
Yourouba is my Fav AB before KAO, both i find amusing.

I still remember when Yourouba tried to get money off Xizor's /30 ppu only he didn't realise the 5 noobs and my tank (i was just looking after our noobs) stood round him were all Inqui. Needless to say he got shot at from all angles and quickly stealthed away with me chasing him across most of the zone, everytime he came at me again i almost killed him before he stealthed and ran off again to heal.

and last i remember KAO was just a plain psycopath and talks crazy most of the time.

Quesce qu'il a dit sur moi :wtf: .

Jsuis suceptible

Tratos
25-07-04, 19:48
looks like im back, lol

stupid new ventrilo and my inability to talk :(

Tomalak
25-07-04, 20:05
Quesce qu'il a dit sur moi :wtf: .

Jsuis suceptible

Il a dit que t'es son AB preferré..Il raconte un histoire de un situation avec toi...tu as voulez faire les poches de un /30 PPU, mais tu etais entouré par lui et ses potes, 5 bas niveaus (des membres de Inquisition, et le tank de Opti, leur gardien de corps.Tous monde a tirer sur toi de tous les directions, tu etais obligé de stealther pour sauver ta peau, le tank t'a suivi partout dans le zone...
Pis il dit que KAO c'ets un psycopathe qui parle comme en fou...

NOTE: You english folks should be nice and translate your remarks about the Venus players into french,if you mention them directly, so they can understand what you are saying. Youraba didn't seem happy......

Nidhogg
25-07-04, 20:09
The "English" in the forum title refers to the language you should post in, not your nationality.

N

LTA
25-07-04, 20:09
NOTE: You english folks should be nice and translate your remarks about the Venus players into french,if you mention them directly, so they can understand what you are saying. Youraba didn't seem happy......
this is the english forum heh, use google like we have to on French heh, i seen my name plenty of times and had to google it....

Tratos
25-07-04, 20:17
How about you translate the rest of that post into english? :)

As Mr Nid said posts in this area of the forum should be in English.

evs
25-07-04, 20:33
ive recently been playing venus and i enjoy it loads.

very hardwork being an english speaker for trade etc

but meh i suppose it comes with the territory lol