PDA

View Full Version : Hand grenades

Ozambabbaz
19-07-04, 20:42
Should they be usable at all?

greendonkeyuk
19-07-04, 20:46
dex related only. aye. they should be in game, Tg epic?

Benjie
19-07-04, 20:49
What? Grenades are a tank weapon you newbies. And they are in dire need of a boost. Besides you need strength to throw things. Resist psi? What the hell?

Crono
19-07-04, 20:52
this is not a good idea of a poll to add what u want. It will be PE's and Spies will vote for Dext, Tanks will vote for Str and so on. Regardless of what it shiould be. :P

-Crono

Ozambabbaz
19-07-04, 20:53
What? Grenades are a tank weapon you newbies. And they are in dire need of a boost. Besides you need strength to throw things. Resist psi? What the hell?

yes they do need Str... but Str 1 is all u need really, rest is dex and agl. the resist psi was the obligatory "funneh". One of the issues with nades being where they are, is that once u pull out a nade, ur speed decreases. Not sane that is.

But no, hand grenades are not a gen-tank weapon per say, IMO

Crono
19-07-04, 20:54
It goes will with the Tank Weapon line, as they were intended for. Boost them, but shure as hell dont try to take them away from the tanks by making them a PE/Spy weapon at high end.

-Crono

Ozambabbaz
19-07-04, 20:55
this is not a good idea of a poll to add what u want. It will be PE's and Spies will vote for Dext, Tanks will vote for Str and so on. Regardless of what it shiould be. :P

-Crono

Well, just like NC game politics, exploits etc, people need to police themselves, restricting possibilities/choices would restrict gameplay and ffreedom in the end :(

Edit: why not? i mean making them Dex, tanks would still be able to use them pretty high up? And being too muscle grown decreases mobility flexibility, it makes sense, in my mind =P

Benjie
19-07-04, 20:55
yes they do need Str... but Str 1 is all u need really, rest is dex and agl. the resist psi was the obligatory "funneh". One of the issues with nades being where they are, is that once u pull out a nade, ur speed decreases. Not sane that is.

But no, hand grenades are not a gen-tank weapon per say, IMO

They are a H-C weapon, which unless you want to be a serious gimp, is either Tank or Private Eyes. Mainly Tanks.

Ozambabbaz
19-07-04, 20:58
They are a H-C weapon, which unless you want to be a serious gimp, is either Tank or Private Eyes. Mainly Tanks.

Why are they/should they be a HC weapon?

Crono
19-07-04, 20:59
What, how far can gimpy little arms throw compared to a Gentanks arms :P Espically when were talking about a 10-30 pound metal construction, sometimes filled with various heavy liquids :P

Give tanks the Big nades, and make some winpy little dinamite stcik or m80's for dext :P

-Crono

Biznatchy
19-07-04, 21:02
I voted leave them as they are and just as i hit vote it dawned on me what the hell to do with nades. No get this make a few mods for nades that are cheap, or make just store bought versions that are super easy to make, as far as wep parts go.

OK get this, its going to be great.

Make them a melee aoe wep that has nasty damage like the kami drones but more. Make a posion, and xray version of them. They would do Force/Fire/Posion or Force/Fire/Xray. They would have limited range as they would be hand tossed. But man you could be at an op and have the defenders just inside the entrance and be tossing nades at them stack some posion damage then rush in with the POB.

It whould be the only place that nades are needed. I mean HC tanks dont need them. Spies would just kill themselves with them. Pe's are a fucked class anyway who cares.

Note I have no melee char. I have a HC tank and cant see me lomming him.

Crono
19-07-04, 21:05
hehe, acually a melee version sounds more viable, str plus m-c, throwing it is more of a melee thing anyways.

nice

-Crono

Ozambabbaz
19-07-04, 21:09
not a bad idea, Bizzy, i forgot the MC option :(

But Crono, the Tang nade has a req of 52 Str, weighs 0.3 AND can be thrown like 10 mtrs, that aint right.

The Uber heavy grenades for tanks just doesnt sound feasible. I mean with all the stuff available it'd be more right to make Hvy Mortars to propel them or something.

The_Tyrant^
19-07-04, 21:15
i heard enough nerf them !
but seriously make resist psi usefull for smthing

Pre-Moistened
19-07-04, 21:49
NC has hand gernades?!

Benjie
19-07-04, 22:02
Why are they/should they be a HC weapon?
BEEECAAAAS THEEEY AAARRREEE!!!!! ;)

Damned weapon thief.

Oh wait, should I start a thread suggesting Tanks get Holy Lightning instead of monks? That would be cool, wouldn't it? o_O

Ozambabbaz
19-07-04, 22:10
do you use grenades?

wouldn't saying "because they are" be like saying "don't fix it"? Or maybe you don't think hand grenades are broken?

Benjie
19-07-04, 22:11
do you use grenades?
Yes. I do.
There arn't broken. In fact they are perfectly balanced for there Tech Level.

// edit. I'm trying my best to stop myself from flaming you, but it's becoming hard. Grenades are a Tank weapon, and your trying to justify taking them way from us. Just, no. Okay? Thats the nicest way I can put it.

Crono
19-07-04, 22:22
Geze guys, ffs dont try to pull weapons to another side because you think it usses 1 mnore then another. Seriosuly, Str/Dext and so on are generic names KK picked as describers for stats. it can be argued that you really dont need to be dextarious to use a rifel/pistol or so on. that all weapons use a little of everything. Dont use that as an arguement. hell, shooting rifels for long amounts of time you need Str, should i start saying that rifels should eat TONS of stam unless you are imped for higher Str? o_O

The system is too flawed to defend/argue using that as a basis

-Crono

Ozambabbaz
19-07-04, 22:24
Yes. I do.
There arn't broken. In fact they are perfectly balanced for there Tech Level.

// edit. I'm trying my best to stop myself from flaming you, but it's becoming hard. Grenades are a Tank weapon, and your trying to justify taking them way from us. Just, no. Okay? Thats the nicest way I can put it.

OK, my arguments why hand grenades are broken:

Pulling out a 0.3 grenade has the same run-speed impedement as pulling out a shoulder mounted heavy cannon.

This 0.3 grenade can be thrown somewhere like 10 mtrs.

Logically, i can't see any reason why hand grenades should be under Str+HC. Sure using maths to project how far any given object can be thrown, the force of the propelling instrument and the trajectory is key. But with human physics, theres more than just brute force, the flexibility and speed of limbs to take into account also. Do you see what i mean?

Marx
19-07-04, 22:29
hehe, acually a melee version sounds more viable, str plus m-c, throwing it is more of a melee thing anyways.That's the way I think of 'em.

HC has the grenade launchers - MC should have the handgrenades.