PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2 feature list

Celt
19-07-04, 20:29
Been looking about, and havent been able to find anything near a definitive feature list for bdoy, or a list of what [u]WONT[/b] be in it.

Please reply with what is confirmed, suspected, and definitely wont be in it.

If you have a link to verify it, that would be nice too.

Confirmed:

Neocron taxi system
45(?) new zones in and around the city of Dome of York
Wisdom of Ceres skills(what exactly is known about them?)
New red vs blue faction system
Updated DX9 graphics engine
Customisable player appartments
New models
New name filter
hacknet
New vehicles
Removal of safe zones
Suspected:

New weapons
Wont be in:

Mechs

J. Folsom
19-07-04, 20:31
Customizable appartments and new player models have also pretty much been confirmed.

Also, the name filter seems to be a fact.

neofrag
19-07-04, 20:31
Confirmed:
- More sex!

regards neofrag

Benjie
19-07-04, 20:35
- player venders
- thousand new cloth sets apparantly (unconfirmed)
- good frames per second

J. Folsom
19-07-04, 20:41
Confirmed:
HackNet

Suspected:
New mobs, new dungeons

Won't be in:
Realistic physics (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?p=1479043#post1479043)

Benjie
19-07-04, 20:42
Won't be in:
Realistic physics (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?p=1479043#post1479043)
Of course there won't be. ><
That thread was just stupid.

J. Folsom
19-07-04, 20:44
Of course there won't be. ><
That thread was just stupid.
Might as well throw it in people's faces. ;)
I knew that as well though, Nasher's idea in there seems doable though.

Tratos
19-07-04, 20:46
Confirmed:

New Vehicles (Gliders etc)

blaczero
19-07-04, 20:47
can someone clarify what they mean by "name filter"

i LOVE the fact that neocron allows anything in the names of chars, just adds to the overall cyberpunk antidisestablisment feel of the game.

Celt
19-07-04, 20:48
Confirmed:

New Vehicles (Gliders etc)Gliders are in, do you mean bombers?

J. Folsom
19-07-04, 20:50
can someone clarify what they mean by "name filter"

i LOVE the fact that neocron allows anything in the names of chars, just adds to the overall cyberpunk antidisestablisment feel of the game.
Please check:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=102843
And
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?p=1460484#post1460484

slaughteruall
Gliders are in, do you mean bombers?

Venus is the only server with gliders in that i know off. None of the other servers have them.

Slaughter

Scikar
Both are in technically, but not available on retail (though sounds like gliders are on Venus?).

Tratos
19-07-04, 20:51
Gliders are in retail? O_o, they may be on Venus as they arnt on other servers as in released officialy.

And bombers aswell yes.

RuButt
19-07-04, 21:06
werent they going to remove the safe zones?

ezza
19-07-04, 21:08
yes apart from HQs and clubs i belive

Marx
19-07-04, 21:29
Extra accessory items... Confirmed... But we don't have a clue as to what the hell they are.

:)

Dirk_Gently
19-07-04, 21:59
I'd like there to be bombs. What with the no safezones it would be great if you could stealth into P2 wait till noone is looking and plant a bomb. Would make sure that everyone is involved in the storyline.

Also mines would be cool too, both for vehicles and people, maybe give PE's the ability to detect them.

Carinth
20-07-04, 06:34

Plaza and Viarossa will nolonger be safe zones. However Clubs/HQs/and some other buildings will become safe zones, as they're not now.

Sorin
20-07-04, 07:10
Most people seem to nut at the idea of Plaza and VR not being safe zones anymore, but really, as if people are going to continue to hang out in those sectors and do business when they can be mass slaughtered? Everyone's just going to kick it in the closest decent HQ/Club/Restaurant (i.e. new safe zone). Plaza and Viarossa are going to be ghost towns.

Scikar
20-07-04, 07:21
Most people seem to nut at the idea of Plaza and VR not being safe zones anymore, but really, as if people are going to continue to hang out in those sectors and do business when they can be mass slaughtered? Everyone's just going to kick it in the closest decent HQ/Club/Restaurant (i.e. new safe zone). Plaza and Viarossa are going to be ghost towns.
Why do you think I still want Neptune? Besides some of us aren't afraid of anarchy zones.

Sorin
20-07-04, 07:25
I want Neptune too, though I'd never go there. Theory being that it would get rid of all the morons, dipshits, asshats, cowards, pricks, etc on Saturn. I might actually be able to take out the LE on the 5 of my 7 Saturn characters who are LEed.

Scikar
20-07-04, 07:41
I want Neptune too, though I'd never go there. Theory being that it would get rid of all the morons, dipshits, asshats, cowards, pricks, etc on Saturn. I might actually be able to take out the LE on the 5 of my 7 Saturn characters who are LEed.
Hate to disappoint you, but the majority of morons, dipshits, asshats, cowards and pricks I know would find life very difficult without their precious safezones to hide in while they wait for a PPU friend to log on. ;)

MjukisDjur
20-07-04, 08:43
NO MECHS? What the crap happened to them? They were due a year ago :(

Maarten
20-07-04, 13:44
This might help:

http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=190

:)

Xylaz
20-07-04, 13:48
- good frames per second

how do u know this?

J. Folsom
20-07-04, 13:50
how do u know this?
Engine being upgraded to DirectX 9 means it makes better use of any graphics card you might have, as opposed to mostly relying on your CPU. Because of that, better performance, which also means better FPS.

Benjie
20-07-04, 13:50
You guys, it is unlikely that plaza will be an Anarchy zone.
It is more likely it will be a new kind of zone with heavy tradeoffs and that it will be heavily guarded.

how do u know this?
DX9 !> DX7

Scikar
20-07-04, 17:16
Start -> Run, type dxdiag and press OK. When it's loaded, go to Display and test Direct3D. Assuming you have DX9 on your system, it will run a test with DX7, DX8, and DX9. Notice how the cube spins faster as the DX version increases. Though on my system I just get the cube doing some insanely fast psycho dance on all three. ;)

Carinth
20-07-04, 18:39
Plaza/Via will be like Pepper park was, with copbots.

I agree with Sorin, the city will be a ghost town. Everyone will be in their apts, in their HQ, or in a another safezone. It has nothing to do with being a hardcore pvp'r or whatever. It's just common sense. Standing around and chatting with people in a game were it can only take a few shots to kill you is just stupid. To be on guard 24/7 incase someone attacks is equaly stupid. I'm not going to rebuff my friends for hours on end just so they'll be ready incase someone attacks us. I do enough of that at op fights. Then we have tradeskillers, there's noway I'm going to have my tradeskiller alt working in a place were she can be cut down by some passing arse. Beyond just her, I'm not going to be conduct business with tradeskillers in a non safe area. Now maybe poking is ok, even tho you're impaired while waiting for it to finish. But I'm not going to tab and open up my inventory to drag items to trade window while someone could walk by and stab me in the back.

Marx
20-07-04, 18:43
Plaza/Via will be like Pepper park was, with copbots.

I agree with Sorin, the city will be a ghost town. Everyone will be in their apts, in their HQ, or in a another safezone. It has nothing to do with being a hardcore pvp'r or whatever. It's just common sense. Standing around and chatting with people in a game were it can only take a few shots to kill you is just stupid. To be on guard 24/7 incase someone attacks is equaly stupid. I'm not going to rebuff my friends for hours on end just so they'll be ready incase someone attacks us. I do enough of that at op fights. Then we have tradeskillers, there's noway I'm going to have my tradeskiller alt working in a place were she can be cut down by some passing arse. Beyond just her, I'm not going to be conduct business with tradeskillers in a non safe area. Now maybe poking is ok, even tho you're impaired while waiting for it to finish. But I'm not going to tab and open up my inventory to drag items to trade window while someone could walk by and stab me in the back.I don't think that will really happen if it becomes a Red v. Blue society, which its looking like it'll become. Neocron will probably be full of allied pro-city people? How many can you kill before the CopBots come after you?

DoY will be obviously filled with Pro-DoY, which means there really isn't any particular reason for people to kill eachother... But if they do they will probably face a similar penalty.

The reason why the anarchy zones in the city wouldn't be safe now, is the fact that every faction no matter who or what can go into just about everywhere. If that gets changed with tuned up guards and CopBots, you'll find the populace more willing to chill in the streets, since only friendly faction killing assholes will be a threat.

Scikar
20-07-04, 19:11
Add to that, since you can only go so far in killing friendly factions before hitting red SL, it's gonna be fairly difficult for someone to mass slaughter tradeskillers in Plaza. In fact, KK could go so far as to say in the inner sectors you should be warned and then killed by CopBots (just like the Pepper ones did when you had a weapon drawn) just for having negative SL. That way if you kill anybody then you better run pronto or you're dead. Stick around to kill another and you'll get blown away.

Carinth
20-07-04, 19:43
Maybe cityside factions are used to being more or less friendly to each other, but anti city folks are not. I know they will drasticly change the faction relations, but as they are right now DOY is its own worst enemy. We fight each other as much as we fight the city.

One of DOY's features is the placement of Faction over Clan, which I guess means more enforcement for us to fight only hostile factions, not neutral/allied. But that's only a guess, all I have to work on is present nc experience. And that tells me that neutrals will be fighting neutrals. It's possible to kill 3 or even 4 people before you go red. That's more then enough to warrant staying in your apt. The mentality of the raid is, kill some people and then leave. You don't sit around and wait for reinforcements, you don't go on a killing spree until the copbots shoot you.

Even if we assume only hostiles will attack each other, you can look at current pepper park experience. For a while Pimp fought exclusively hostile factions. Does that mean Pepper Park 1 was somehow off limits for Crahn/Black Dragon/City Admin/Protopharma ? Not at all, though they sometimes got hit by guards, they could easily swarm the place and kick us out. I don't believe DOY/NC will be as secure as you think.

Marx
20-07-04, 19:48
Even if we assume only hostiles will attack each other, you can look at current pepper park experience. For a while Pimp fought exclusively hostile factions. Does that mean Pepper Park 1 was somehow off limits for Crahn/Black Dragon/City Admin/Protopharma ? Not at all, though they sometimes got hit by guards, they could easily swarm the place and kick us out. I don't believe DOY/NC will be as secure as you think.The current Pepper Park situation is very different. It's already been said that guards will be further worked on, more would be put in place, etc.

I can easily imagine GR's being restricted, cue hacknet to get around restrictions.

With GR restrictions and possible fast paced guards... Unless you brought an army, I find it doubtable that a person who doesn't belong there would survive. Any tradeskiller in a non-safe zone would easily hear the ruckus and know to move out, idlers of course will get punished as idlers always do.

For awhile I used to have my tradeskillers work out of Pepper Pub (before Leo got -100 SL ;P ), No one ever killed me, though alot of people were afraid to come. I think people worry a tad too much about their safety, and if people in the end have to stick to safezones to feel better off... I welcome them to it - but I know I won't be.

Dribble Joy
20-07-04, 19:50
Does that mean Pepper Park 1 was somehow off limits for Crahn/Black Dragon/City Admin/Protopharma ? Not at all, though they sometimes got hit by guards, they could easily swarm the place and kick us out. I don't believe DOY/NC will be as secure as you think.
Anyone who pulls out a gun will be shot by copbots, and anyone red to CA/NC-empire will be cut down as soon as he zones.
That said, it won't be 100% safe, traitors and lamers on alts will still do it.

Rellix
21-07-04, 16:18
NO MECHS? What the crap happened to them? They were due a year ago :(

Most of the stuff in NC2 was due over a year ago and for free at that.

Celt
21-07-04, 16:24
This might help:

http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=190

:)Read the other planfiles.

Then understand :)