PDA

View Full Version : co-op multiplayer games

Syntax-Error
19-07-04, 16:47
ok anyone think of any good co-op games. not team based ( likes CS ) games that have a structure like single player but allow multiplayer. ive played time splitters 2 on ps2 and that game owned. but i cant seem to find ANYTHING like that for PC. anyone help me out here?

Mumblyfish
19-07-04, 16:48
System Shock 2.

Thread won.

{MD}GeistDamnit
nolf2 and rts games :p

tiikeri
DUKE NUKEM 3D!"!!!!"#!"

Or Ravenshield is nice too..

Syntax-Error
19-07-04, 16:50
didnt actually realise ss2 was co-op available tbh :D mite play that. but how about summat a little less "serious" aswell. summat more like time splitters for those who have played it. i got Serious sam 1 & 2 both rule but get dull pretty quick.

Dirk_Gently
19-07-04, 16:51
Serious Sam has co-op. Fecking rocks too.

Edit:

i got Serious sam 1 & 2 both rule but get dull pretty quick.

Maybe not then :)

Mantiz
19-07-04, 16:55
You haven't played any co-op games until you have tried Sven-coop... BEST mod ever to Half-life... there are TONS of maps out there for it and they keep releasing new versions with new features...
I recomend this game to anyone bored at LAN-parties :)
Also it's great fun online too... give it a try

Omnituens
19-07-04, 16:56
System Shock 2.

Thread won.
only if you can get it to stay in sync with all the players.

Sven co-op is a good one, HL mod. you can play though the single player game with more players.

you just want FPS games, or are you willing to try other games.

Jock Rockwell
19-07-04, 16:57
Hidden and Dangerous (the 1st 2 they realeased) were shit hot multiplayer co-op. They didnt do it for H&D 2 which baffled me as every1 I know thought the multiplayer for H&D and H&D FFF were the best parts of the game.

Can't think of any others atm. Will try though

:p

Dirk_Gently
19-07-04, 17:02
I am also going to have to say Operation Flashpoint. That was always a laugh on multiplayer co-op.

Jock Rockwell
19-07-04, 17:05
Rainbow 6.

Loved em Co-op.

Syntax-Error
19-07-04, 17:06
Well were lookin at http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/

that looks like its guna be fun as fuck. and no ill try anythin but football sims and no more rpgs just now we got nwn on the go so we want summat less in depth. if that makes sence. and i love sven-coop but they all seem to hate it. *sigh*

Logan_storm_03
19-07-04, 17:07
AvP2 sven co-op ownes, just abit buggy, and some times the damn filthy bugs can take up to 10 sniper rounds to drop 1!!

tiikeri
19-07-04, 17:12
SS2 is fun, like somebody said, if you get the synch.. untill you have walked it throught the first time.. second time was quite boring.

Lionheart would be nice if RPGs would be involved with this thread. Tho it sucks at the end.. (well for me and my buddy.. we couldn't get the last fucker killed..)

Dribble Joy
19-07-04, 17:16
Timesplitters2

Logan_storm_03
19-07-04, 17:24
any one know any free downloadable one, coz an my m8s are abit bored an need sum stimulation, got man, we have even stated playing tibia (www.tibia.com :P)

james_finn
19-07-04, 17:31
Diablo 2 co op abosolutly owns, Im just installing NwN at the moment to play co-op! But if you want something less serious, id check out diablo 2, it might be a bit old, if so try dungeon siege, tahts a good laugh co-op as well. No where near as deep as NwN.

Delphi

[TgR]HusK
19-07-04, 17:46
There was some mod (or expansion... ?) I believe to have been released for Unreal 2 that allowed Coop, look for it a bit on google should be able to find it easy enough.

evs
19-07-04, 17:48
Alien Swarm is bloody brilliant on co-op (but make sure you whack it to hard! or its too easy )
Especially on a 6 player game :)

There's loads of servers available that host it as well.

Diablo2 is also great, as is NWN (but get a downloaded module from the net - single player played co-op is waaaaaayyy to easy to the point it gets boring), and dungeon siege is good for a laugh (play the multi campaign though, as the single player one is quite frankly crap on multiplayer)

Serious Sam2 is fantastic in single - but loses some on multi - probably as its too easy to sweep everything really quickly and can be over in a couple of hours.

The clancy games, such as rogue spear are also class on multi, and work very well, but it can get annoying if one of you loses a character, as its all xp gone for that bloke.

System Shock 2 works great on co-op.
One hosts, the other joins and off you go BUT you have to pretty much go through training stages at the same time, or you'll outsync and have to start again.
Another SS2 warning is DONT install the new skin/model pack - as it doesnt then render your blokey, and so you cant actually see the other player (even though you can highlight him lol)

Other than that it works fine with no problems. (bullets can hurt your co-op buddy, but melee doesnt :wtf: )

Sven co-op ive never really thought about, so i'll give that a bash later, but all the above ive played co-op as im a huge co-op whore :)

Crono
19-07-04, 17:49
The Sven Co-Op mod for Half-Life, Still very much alive and being worked on, enough so that they are making a version for HL2 also, so you wont be playing another unsupported dead HL mod :D

-Crono

paolo escobar
19-07-04, 17:55
I am also going to have to say Operation Flashpoint. That was always a laugh on multiplayer co-op.

I agree too, OFP was always a good giggle. Shit loads of mods, addons, maps and missions. Piss easy to mod for it urself.
I was always either the SAW/MINIMI or the door gunner in the chinook :)
online can be a chore, LAN is awesome.
PVP co-op is great

Syntax-Error
19-07-04, 18:02
hmm looks like Sven coop is dead? there website no longer works and i cant seem to find a download newer than beta 2.

james_finn
19-07-04, 18:09
wots the nwn module for co op? Hmmmm..... Im trying to play atm. Evs if your their then reply biatch :P

Delphi

evs
19-07-04, 18:26
There's shedloads mate

just go to nwn.vault.com and order by ratings

some of them are farrrrr better than the single player game, with a hell of a lot of thought gone into 'em.

Halls of heroes and Ravenloft are great.

Several of them are massive campaigns, some are up to 4 'chapters' and each chapter is 20 hours + each.

Great replay value!

LTA
19-07-04, 18:31
Have to agree with the few and say Sven Co-op it rocks, so much fun playing through hl with some mates and some of the maps are very nice :D

tiikeri
19-07-04, 19:31
d2 = too easy and too boring to play with just couple guys.
(d2, since stress test, until 1.10 lvl 97 hc-javazon doing solo hell baal runs in less than 5minutes without maphack = BORING - so I quitted.And there went 7id annihiluses, and 5 unid :) )

NC > d2

I vote for Raven Shield. It's so nice when you have good team work with your buddy, either coms or he sits next to u.

Serious sams.. ok but starts getting boring cause it repeats too much. Kill 1000 mobs, go a bit ahead, kill 1100 mobs.. move.. kill 1200.. bleh.

I think it sucks that game companies aren't making any co-op games anymore. Atleast FPS games. Like Duke3d was helloffun when it came out, and the coop mode just owned.. even when using parallercable to play with your buddy :)

TheGreatMilenko
19-07-04, 20:10
Halo.

Mantiz
19-07-04, 20:44
d2 = too easy and too boring to play with just couple guys.
(d2, since stress test, until 1.10 lvl 97 hc-javazon doing solo hell baal runs in less than 5minutes without maphack = BORING - so I quitted.And there went 7id annihiluses, and 5 unid :) )

Okay I didn't play since stress test but D2 was alot of fun for about 2 months, I actually took a break from NC to play D2, but returned after I got bored of D2 :p

Sex teh ub0r diablo ;)