PDA

View Full Version : Rare hunter

djskum
19-07-04, 13:49
As I've never has a rare hunting character and I fancy one. What do you find is the best char to do it? Oh and how much hack to you need for WB's?

I'm thinking either SPy with silent hunter or some sort of tech PE. Not interested in using a monk to farm or a tank, well maybe a melee tank but not HC.

So whats the best in your opinion?

DjSKum

Mumblyfish
19-07-04, 13:50
H-C Spy makes an awesome techpart hunter. You can't level, though. At all. Ever. KK hate you. You bastard.

cMz
19-07-04, 13:56
You need about 50 hack to get in to warbots.
Some say you can do with less, but with 50 I dont have problems with WB's or WBT's.

r0ti0n
19-07-04, 13:58
why not an H-C Pe :rolleyes:
you can use gats and plasma cannons/waves
and get the heavy assault trike :lol:

SorkZmok
19-07-04, 14:01
H-c pe in a heavy scorpion trike. By far the best choice. Very easy to level up. Took me 1 day to get him to use the trike.

Also a viable pvp character. Even more fun if you make him a h-c/melee combat pe.
Attack the enemy with a trike, then jump out, cast a DB und hack away with a tai chi sword or a paw of tiger if you like drugs. Fun!!

Trikes are awesome to take down vehicles btw. The rockets do loads of damage to em.

TheGreatMilenko
19-07-04, 14:02
Trike PE is teh win for tech hunting

ezza
19-07-04, 14:04
if your hunting warbys, id got for RoG or healing light rifle spy

amfest
19-07-04, 14:08
Well with a HC spy you can research your own techs and if you want even have enough construction to build yourself gloves and imps and low end weapons although if you do that you might want to give Es to someone else unless you're brave like I am :). Although I don't hunt warbots. I just kill doomreapers, grim percs and grim chasers. Typically it's faster because for one you don't have to hack. for another reason most people won't get in on your game because if they get close they will get attacked hard too ;). And if you put enough fire resist and wear inq 1 on yoru spy while in the trike you won't get hurt as bad and drop a chaser in about 30 seconds time or so.

Neo LoneWolf
19-07-04, 14:13
Depends partly on wether or not you want to be able to ID the parts on the same char. If you do, you're pretty much left with spy or monk.

Rifle spy works alright - I started hunting WBs with my TAR, way back when. Though I personally wouldn't recommend a SH for hunting - PE, HL, RoG, Disruptor for preference.

Hack required is about 30-50. Run 50 for easy & quick hacking.

winnoc
19-07-04, 14:53
Best to go for a vehicle pe that specs some in repair skill.
Go with the trike, they take down a wb in seconds.

Or if you go for firemobs, you can stay in the vehicle and pick up the loot. (faster).

Ive had a rifle spy that used sh to kill wb's and firmobs, a HC spy using trikes, a HC tank with 50 hack and reveler (cheap and fast too).

Right now i hunt in a rhino with a hacker/driver. Much safer if you have the occasional WB spwan on you while in hack, the tank can gun it down before it kills you.

ichinin
19-07-04, 15:16
A Riflespy..

+ 50 (minimum) hack skill
+ Healing Light (Explosive ammomod & riflebarrel/ultimated)
+ Research skill (including glove, special sciense and Adv Nerves 3)
+ Hovertec
+ And maby Stealth III

= Cash cow.

Or do what i did;

A 5/10 Rifle spy
+ 75 hack skill
+ TL 17 Sniperrifle

= also works, takes longer, but it works :D

(P.S: and yeah, SH sucks for warbie hunting, HL do much more damage over time)

DonnyJepp
19-07-04, 16:14
Rifle PE was a very fun tech hunter for me, you get more carrying capacity than a spy and you can still use a ROG or epic raygun rifle and drop warbots pretty fast. Juggling 3-5 warbots and then hacking them was some of the most fun I've had.

{MD}GeistDamnit
19-07-04, 16:17
spy with redeemer or HL is the way to go if u want to have fun and get many parts :D

Gohei
19-07-04, 16:23
Explosive Wyatt earp PE. Can carry loads, cap easy, can damageboost, very good resists, cheap weapon with slow decay rate....

Dirk_Gently
19-07-04, 16:29
Rifle Spy or Droner Spy.

Also keep the LE in. If the char is just for hunting then this stops people screwing with you.

zii
19-07-04, 16:39
HL apu with tl 3 heal/deflector and perhaps a heal sanctrum. you don't need to be able to run-cast the HL.
25 in veh and 50 in hck.

you can hide behind a rock, HL the WB to death and then hack. You have your Hovertech to cart yourself around in.

Not a very interesting set-up, but it'll work fine.

|R@zor|
19-07-04, 16:42
Im lomming the poke on my spy to hack and using him as my rarehunter, when my PE was rifle he was excellent for rare hunting so im hoping my spy will be the same.

Edit: Although my PE is still an excellent Rarehunter with a Phosphor Wyatt Earp, does loads of damage can take a warbot/titan down in under 2 clips

Rob01m
19-07-04, 17:23
I know you said that you don't like using the tank, but really I think you're missing something - It's not really class dependant, it's just that the tank "gimps" himself the least by speccing HC. Why do I say HC? Because vehicles, mainly the Reveler (my personal favorite), the Heavy Trike, and Rhino, are the fastest mob killers. I mean, the reveler does like 157 x4 each burst with 60 in the clip to 120/120 Grim Chasers with a fast reload time and nice hit ratio.

Everyone so far has recommended warbots, and that's what I used to hunt day in and day out... But now I just hop on my reveler and go to fire country. I usually end up with 20-30 or so techs per run, which can last a couple hours each. I usually get a tech part per every other kill off Doomreapers, Grims, Terrors (not maulers), etc. Also I find lots of level 2 implants (Including a couple FH2) this way off the Terror Raptors/Leapers I kill.

I mainly got away from the Warbots because nowadays theres usually an enemy Rhino just around the corner... Bah. If you still want to hunt warbots and want to get away from the commonly camped NW zones, you could try hunting in the steppe. (Still quite a few warbots mixed with the occasional decayed horror/brute)

The route I took is best for my tank, because I didin't want to add any hacking. I recommend an HC PE, who can drive the reveler, or trike etc and with his buffs take punishment from most mobs. Non-vehicular weaponry seems horrible in comparison to me now... :p

ezza
19-07-04, 17:49
I know you said that you don't like using the tank, but really I think you're missing something - It's not really class dependant, it's just that the tank "gimps" himself the least by speccing HC. Why do I say HC? Because vehicles, mainly the Reveler (my personal favorite), the Heavy Trike, and Rhino, are the fastest mob killers. I mean, the reveler does like 157 x4 each burst with 60 in the clip to 120/120 Grim Chasers with a fast reload time and nice hit ratio.

Everyone so far has recommended warbots, and that's what I used to hunt day in and day out... But now I just hop on my reveler and go to fire country. I usually end up with 20-30 or so techs per run, which can last a couple hours each. I usually get a tech part per every other kill off Doomreapers, Grims, Terrors (not maulers), etc. Also I find lots of level 2 implants (Including a couple FH2) this way off the Terror Raptors/Leapers I kill.

I mainly got away from the Warbots because nowadays theres usually an enemy Rhino just around the corner... Bah. If you still want to hunt warbots and want to get away from the commonly camped NW zones, you could try hunting in the steppe. (Still quite a few warbots mixed with the occasional decayed horror/brute)

The route I took is best for my tank, because I didin't want to add any hacking. I recommend an HC PE, who can drive the reveler, or trike etc and with his buffs take punishment from most mobs. Non-vehicular weaponry seems horrible in comparison to me now... :pim guessing Mr Scum wants to try another class for hunting due to having a tank for such a long time perhaps, and being a merc he has warbys on his doorstep, but really having your intel in hack aint benefiting your tank.

djskum
19-07-04, 18:20
WOW, loads of different setups for me to play with! I think I might take my PE as he's almost capped and use him. He has an ROG atm and I can give him some more hack. Maybe even take him too VHC but I'll have to see what inspires me tonight.

As far as the tank is concerned, I agree that it's a good char to hunt anything with. It's just that's my primary OP war char and I need to keep him PVP ready at all times. That is until my APU is ready but that's another story...

Thanks for your input, I'll think hard about my next steps, I might just sod it and buy that second account I've been drooling over for sometime. Need to make a combat spy at some point anyway...

Anyone know what grace period you have after setting up your 10 day free account before it's deleted? ie, if I get a 10 day trial, can I then activate it in 20 days (10 days after it's expired) and the work I've done is still there?

DjSKum

/EDIT got it in one Ezza ;-) Ta, Been playing a tank heavily since beta 4. Want to do something else...