PDA

View Full Version : Event Team - Idea

Syntax-Error
19-07-04, 02:33
Well i see alot of bitching about player event not going well. and how the GM support is.. well lacking.

So this is my simple idea. an event team a group of guys dedicated to one thing.. events. one of these per server. and would have a structure as follows.

Event Co-ordinator ( GM ) 1
Event Runners ( Player ) 2-3
Event Controllers ( Player ) 6-8
Event players ( Player ) 1>

Basically the co-ordinator is there to authorize event and supply and GM support needed.

The Runners plan and execute the events

The Controllers overwatch the event and report any problems to the runners

The players are just those who sign up to be a part of the events and have no part to play in the planning. ( aka standard players :D )

not difficult not complex. and i think it could be effective.

Lexxuk
19-07-04, 02:34
there is already an Event Team gmevents@neocron.com I think is the email.

..i..DemonX
19-07-04, 02:39
Lexx is right. But as well the support of the "Event team" well u know it. :angel:
I think may more GM's and far more FC's (1 per Server, per Fraction) and faster Change out of them (like 2 months inactive = new person for the job) will help for events and all other stuff like RP etc.

Lexxuk
19-07-04, 02:41
aye, something needs to be done at events to ensure that they can run nice and smooth, so having a FC per server who could get in touch with GM's, or at least having at least 1 active FC per server = a good idea.

Syntax-Error
19-07-04, 02:42
i know about the GM event team. and i know that they tend to handle the large scale event. im talking the little server specific events. the ones that may only involve 15+ people.

Lexxuk
19-07-04, 02:43
i know about the GM event team. and i know that they tend to handle the large scale event. im talking the little server specific events. the ones that may only involve 15+ people.

15 people = over 10% of the server, so could be considered large scale ;) me off to bed, nite nite <3

..i..DemonX
19-07-04, 02:46
15 people = over 10% of the server, so could be considered large scale ;) me off to bed, nite nite <3

True hehe
Good night Lexx!

Tratos
19-07-04, 03:04
The sad thing is...

A fair few GMs actual have the title of ECC meaning "Event & Content Co-Ordinator".

garyu69
19-07-04, 03:06
GM's have a RL too and they cannot always be there 24/7, if someone can be there then i am sure they will be.

I think if you plan an event far enough in advance and give enough warning and request then the more of a chance you have of getting someone there.

Maybe more active FC's would benefit.

I like the base of the idea though.