PDA

View Full Version : What are all the features from DX9 will be used?

Psycho_Soldier
19-07-04, 01:30
As the title says, what are all the features from DX9 will be used for "Neocron 2"?

All I know about so far is the look of the water, and that is about it. If so thats pretty disappointing.

Lexxuk
19-07-04, 01:35
iirc, DOY and parts of NC... the chars maybe, and thats bout it, but it might be more

Psycho_Soldier
19-07-04, 01:36
iirc, DOY and parts of NC... the chars maybe, and thats bout it, but it might be more

By features I mean, are they going to use Pixel Shaders 3.0, Bumpmapping, things like that.

Benjie
19-07-04, 01:40
Rendering, Water, Performance (allowing further draw distance and more polygons etc), apparently bumped mapped textures, and other things I can't remember that were written in the plan file.

//edit

Thanks to an upgrade to Direct X 9, the engine will support the nowadays common features like higher texture resolutions, higher polygon counts, and several new shading technologies. This will raise the overall quality of the graphics by quite a bit (real-time bump-mapping, realistic lighting and shadows, photorealistic water etc.)

Lexxuk
19-07-04, 01:41
Its based on the Genesis3D engine, so I'd guess it would use the functions that the latest Genesis3D allows.

Benjie
19-07-04, 01:47
Its based on the Genesis3D engine, so I'd guess it would use the functions that the latest Genesis3D allows.
Actually, it's heavily updated.
I doubt the same restrictions apply.

Lexxuk
19-07-04, 02:05
i just want the strippers to look hot :angel: