PDA

View Full Version : Medic Needles.

Glok
18-07-04, 23:12
Ok, a pretty simple idea. Medic needles of various types. I figure 3 types for a start:

1) TL35) Heals target player for 150 Health
2) TL52) Resurrects target player
3) TL90) Resurrects and restores 150 Health to target player

These needles would have Imp and TC reqs, with imp being the main req (you know like 80 imp and 56 tc or something). They are foreign use only, you can't use a needle on yourself (for obvious reasons). Now the main thing about these is that they have zero 'cast' time. They are instant, however, they give 10% SI for the #2 version and 5% SI for the #3 version. Something like that. What I see this doing is making every char class besides the tank having a role in an OP war or group fight if setup properly. It would also force decisions on whether to set your char up with a support role in mind. And the most important part, PPUs are no longer an absolute necessity. A correctly specced PE could shelter, deflect, give level 1 prims, and heal and rezz with this new skill.

So whatcha think?

Maloch Octavia
18-07-04, 23:15
So that there are more people buffing and priming?

No thanks.

Keep it to PPU's to:

A: Keep them in a job
B: Give the rest of us a clear, defined target.

TheGreatMilenko
18-07-04, 23:20
im special i voted its Great first haha *as a n00b would say*
"i pwned j00 nibs"

Shadow Dancer
18-07-04, 23:23
I think the health might be a bit too much, but I like the overall idea. PPUs are way too important right now, and this could be a good step in balancing out the roles in pvp.

Marx
18-07-04, 23:26
I'm a supporter of non-PPU based first aid, as such I fully endorse this idea. It needs a bit of refinement, but I think it would be a good step away from this "OMG MAGIC MISSILE! HEAL!" shit we have now.

Lethys
18-07-04, 23:31
Very good idea. Rated 5 stars.

Nerfing PPUs endlessly won't reduce the need for them, but things like this will.

Just as long as PPUs are still superior for healing, I can't see any reason why this shouldn't happen, and it can't be that hard to implement either.

Glok
18-07-04, 23:33
I think the health might be a bit too much, but I like the overall idea. PPUs are way too important right now, and this could be a good step in balancing out the roles in pvp.Well remember a PPU with a capped holy heal can heal something like 400 health. I figured 150 was a good compromise, especially considering any player specced to do this would be more vulnerable than a pure combat player. :)

I'm a supporter of non-PPU based first aid, as such I fully endorse this idea. It needs a bit of refinement, but I think it would be a good step away from this "OMG MAGIC MISSILE! HEAL!" shit we have now.What do you suggest? Different needles? Different TLs?

Marx
18-07-04, 23:36
What do you suggest? Different needles? Different TLs?The TL's seem ok, I'm just not a fan of 'instant' stuff, even if it does have a SI negative... Just personal preference really.

:)

Sleawer
18-07-04, 23:37
I find hard to swallow that in the future our only chance to survive wounds, illness and other genetic and morphological disorder, resides in some strange PSI abilities. Especially when there are companies, such as Proto Pharm and BioTech, whose business depend on medical progress and treatment.

I also found extremely rare that in Neocron city there was no hospital, so besides the recreation units in our appts and Medicare, our only hope lies in what? medkits and psionic mofos?

The existance of implant skill in the game suggest that surgery is still a practice in the society, so I don't find unbelievable both the creation of hospitals and medic players, with their proper tools (first aid kits, medic and paramedic bags, etc...)

True is that any change has to be evaluated carefully in 'pro' of balance, but as Glok suggested being it foreing use only, I just see a particular benefit on this, which is relieving the PPU of his over-stressing healer role and lifting the player menace that is always over him.

I can't count the times this subject has been brought to discussion already, but I always agreed that some sort of non-psi medic skills would improve the game in its diversity of roles, and makes a a lot of sense.

Dirk_Gently
18-07-04, 23:38
Yeah introduce stimpacks and make it as much of a FPS as possible that sounds fun :(

However anything that screws over monks is fine by me.

Glok
18-07-04, 23:40
The TL's seem ok, I'm just not a fan of 'instant' stuff, even if it does have a SI negative... Just personal preference really.Well, being needles, they would have melee range. So no hiding in cover to rezz or snipe-rezzing. The medic would have to run right out to the player in need and poke them with a needle.

That makes me think. This would be fun. :)
Yeah introduce stimpacks and make it as much of a FPS as possible that sounds fun :( Um, they aren't stimpacks, so self-use for one, and not very effective for another.

Yes there are some tweaks that would need to be made, maybe make the heal tick over 10 seconds, stuff like that.

Marx
18-07-04, 23:42
I find hard to swallow that in the future our only chance to survive wounds, illness and other genetic and morphological disorder, resides in some strange PSI abilities. Especially when there are companies, such as Proto Pharm and BioTech, whose business depend on medical progress and treatment.

I also found extremely rare that in Neocron city there was no hospital, so besides the recreation units in our appts and Medicare, our only hope lies in what? medkits and psionic mofos?
My thoughts exactly, the existance of not one, but two companies which specialize in medical research and treatment dictate the neccesity of non-psi healing abilities.

Come on, what does Protopharma do? Oh, it makes crappy cheap drugs (actually, not so much anymore now that certain drugs are 'illegal' even though they're sold by trader union dude, lol), and it makes crappy medikits.

Whoo.

State of the art futuristic healing consists of a first aid kit - You go future.

NS_CHROME54
18-07-04, 23:44
I am a finely tuned sniper...

A killing instrument of great precision...

I can take out a target from 3000 meters away...

With grace and finesse I can move into the shadows after making my kill...

They don't know I'm there until it's too late...

And sometimes they never know I'm there...

but alas...

I lack the fine skill required to poke a needle into a corpse...

Because i have no implant skill.

:rolleyes:

Glok
18-07-04, 23:46
but alas...

I lack the fine skill required to poke a needle into a corpse...

:rolleyes:LOL. :D

Well, you could consider the needle the ingame representation of a set of skills.

Marx
18-07-04, 23:46
Any moron can stick a needle in someones skin - but to do so effectively and safely... That is an art unknown to most.

NS_CHROME54
18-07-04, 23:51
Any moron can stick a needle in someones skin - but to do so effectively and safely... That is an art unknown to most.

ok howsabout...

Hey looks it's a melee tank, wearing power armour, running with 100 athletics and 90 agility, killing an enemy...

but, oh, he's taking damage from that monk there.

i'll just run up beside him, and, while running at full speed, jab a needle with incredible precision into his shoulder while he's swinging his paw of bear at that pistol pe.

there will be no risk involved, because i have 80 points in my implant skill...

Marx
18-07-04, 23:53
ok howsabout...

Hey looks it's a melee tank, wearing power armour, running with 100 athletics and 90 agility, killing an enemy...

but, oh, he's taking damage from that monk there.

i'll just run up beside him, and, while running at full speed, jab a needle with incredible precision into his shoulder while he's swinging his paw of bear at that pistol pe.

:rolleyes:Hey, it makes just about as much sense as:

"Hey, I wear a blue robe, so if I think really hard I can make some yellow shit appear around that running melee tank dude that will heal him and make him godlike even though there's no nano or physical connection between me or him which would warrant the idea of the original psi-use and healing."

I prefer 'super-skilled-needle' man over 'I'm a cleric, just without a sheild and mace' man.

Glok
18-07-04, 23:54

:rolleyes:What is different about that from a PPU taking fire from 2 CS tanks while resurrecting a dead player, which should require a lot of concentration, being mind power and all. And 80 points was just to demonstrate the skill ratio between imp and tc.

Alice
19-07-04, 01:25
Ok.

First off, you'll need a tool. The tool could be either sold by Biotech, or maybe even have to do a mission to get it.

The tool will act the same as an implant tool (if the tool idea is rejected, just use the implant tool), but loads up "ammo", like the remote repair does with nanites.

Ammo consists of:

Heal 1 (100 health restored over 10 seconds)
Heal 2 (200 health restored over 15 seconds, also causes 5% SI)
Heal 3 (300 health restored over 20 seconds, also causes 10% SI
Ressurect (Revived with 1 health, MUST be done within X time of the target's death. Causes 30% SI)

The reason for the SI is, that the chemicals used to boost the targets white blood cells and healing by something like 500%, also does damage to the nervous system. This can be also represented by drugs flash, where Ressurect = blinding drunk, and Heal 2 gives the same flash as drug popping.

The heals can be bought in serum form (ammo) from medicare and other places, and can be recycled. Ressurect cannot be recycled and costs alot. The use of the ressurect also will damage the tool X%, because the chemicals needed to bring someone back from the brink of death isn't too healthy for the needle.

I suppose at a later date, you could have a tool that has replacement needles too, if you use the same needle on different people, a blood disease could be caught, which basically acts like constant poison, until someone cures you of it...

Cure (Cures target of poison/blood disease, takes 60 seconds to initialise)

Cure is not recycleable again.

Rellix
19-07-04, 02:04
tbh i dont think its a good idea cause how can a needle bring someone back to life? :P

Seymour

Glok
19-07-04, 03:27
tbh i dont think its a good idea cause how can a needle bring someone back to life?buhuhu how can a monk mind warp a player back to life... buhu. hahahahaha. Needles really do bring people back to life NOW, IN THE PRESENT DAY. ffs.

StryfeX
19-07-04, 03:37
buhuhu how can a monk mind warp a player back to life... buhu. hahahahaha. Needles really do bring people back to life NOW, IN THE PRESENT DAY. ffs.I thought it was massive electrical jolts to the heart? :p

Anyway, I think this is a great idea.

--Stryfe

Marx
19-07-04, 03:51
tbh i dont think its a good idea cause how can a needle bring someone back to life? :P

SeymourOk... You can pump in fluids to stand in leiu of blood and plasma... Through a needle. That of course replaces lost bodily fluids.

You can inject adreneline which can cause the diaphram and rib-lining muscles to contract creating a vaccuum in the chest cavity... This is how you breath by the way. That contraction also has the chance to create enough tension to jostle the SA-node of the heart which will create the electrical charges which cause your heart to pump... So if all the stars are in your favor you have the chance of causing spontaneous resuscitation with a pin prick. Of course that only has a chance of working with people who've been clinically dead for a short period, and even then its not favorable.

You can always hope for the easy way out though.

Inchenzo
19-07-04, 04:13
i like the idea, just add a construction time though to keep people from running around and ressurecting everyone by just pinching them.

so it would be like pinch a needle into the corps, stay there until the construction progress ends, and he's up and running :)

Vanten
19-07-04, 12:11
You could use a 0% SI requirement on the needles, and keep them instant. This way there will be a delay before the "caster" could cast again.

Clyde
19-07-04, 12:16
Decent idea, I think the names could be changed to somethin like for the resurrecting one "Defibrillator Kit" . Also, it should only bring them back with 50hp, SI of 5% plus drug flash.

Mantiz
19-07-04, 12:21
Love the idea, PPU's do need an indirect nerf :)
I don't think however that you should be able to inject the needles while running...

LTA
19-07-04, 13:02
Love the idea, PPU's do need an indirect nerf :)
I don't think however that you should be able to inject the needles while running...
yeah i agree there

maybe have a little construction progress, basically the time it takes for the chems to reach whatever there reaching and start the heal process :D

Yeah you might not have the skill to jab a needle in someone but if any muck can jab a needle in someone Doctors wouldn't need to spend so many years studying, would you goto a Doc for a injection if he wasn't well trained in the field?
I say the lesser the tl the more chance of some fatal side effect occuring, say you have just on the tl of the Needle then there's a 50 chance it will work then like the other 50 something nasty happens (say 100 si or temp level down, poison etc)

Mr_Snow
19-07-04, 15:11
As well as that there should be some form of tech combat based energy shield that works like shelter, not being as good obviously, but allows for people to do more stuff without ppus and reducing their need in combat.