*throb*

Actually, hasnt that trailer been out for a while? :wtf:

Mantiz
18-07-04, 22:02
So impressive... and scary... just like the way doom used to be :D
Nothing beats Silent Hill in that area tho *checks under bed for monsters*

Opar
18-07-04, 22:06
Yeah, Silent Hill made me shite myself (nearly :wtf: )

I'm gonna need a new sound system to get the full feel of Doom 3 though, and I also need a bit more RAM and a new CPU.

Wish I had the cash.

Mantiz
18-07-04, 22:14
Yeah, Silent Hill made me shite myself (nearly :wtf: )

I'm gonna need a new sound system to get the full feel of Doom 3 though, and I also need a bit more RAM and a new CPU.

Wish I had the cash.

Yeah I will have to upgrade aswell. Dont want to experience something like this:

"Hey nice, 60 fps stable, but where are the zombies..."
*5 zombies comes around the corner* *starts shooting*
"Uh-oh... 10.... 5 fps..."

n3m
18-07-04, 22:17
since I heard rtcw2 might come out with the doom3 engine, I got interested in it again

looks a lot better than the alpha I played

TheGreatMilenko
18-07-04, 23:14
can any 1 tell me the story behind "Doom" i played the Doom like WAY BACK in the day and i cant remember shit of it

Matthew.v.smith
18-07-04, 23:36
Any idea if the X-box version is out on the Same day as the Pc one?

Matty. :angel:

J. Folsom
18-07-04, 23:38
can any 1 tell me the story behind "Doom" i played the Doom like WAY BACK in the day and i cant remember shit of it
It was something to do with some invasion from hell or whatever.

Anyway, I seem to remember reading in an interview someplace that Doom 3 is also a remake of the original Doom game, remake as in same story etc., but wholly different game. So it should clarify itself.

Agent L
19-07-04, 01:04
Military scientists on Phobos (a moon of Mars) were researching teleporting technology. They've opened a wormhole, threw some things and rabbits and recruits, but on other end everything was popping out ripped to shreds. So they pumped more and more energy and at some point portal turned out to be leading to hell. They've tried to shut it down, but hell hordes plugged own power at their side and started mass immigration.
That explains why teleporters had pentagrams on them :p

Benjie
19-07-04, 01:07
Military scientists on Phobos (a moon of Mars) were researching teleporting technology. They've opened a wormhole, threw some things and rabbits and recruits, but on other end everything was popping out ripped to shreds. So they pumped more and more energy and at some point portal turned out to be leading to hell. They've tried to shut it down, but hell hordes plugged own power at their side and started mass immigration.
That explains why teleporters had pentagrams on them :p
Thats scary. 8|
They should make it into a movie. It's actually a surprisingly good plot. A hell of a lot better than Tomb Raider at least.

Doc Holliday
19-07-04, 01:13
looks nice. lets hope it has some nice multiplayer options to it cos i get bored of single player games too easy.