PDA

View Full Version : Can something be worse than nc?...YES!!!

awkward silence
18-07-04, 17:31
There is a Game called RYl out there.
I tried to register an account for 3 days.
Mailed em, posted in 2 places on their forum...a day later started getting players to help me. They have a whole fucking channel for ppl to report their problems... 8 posts all needing something players cant help out with like they could help me.
Some posts were a week old. Apparently they had a account wipe of some sort,
someone said they havent been fixed for a week. Some ppl including me have had problems getting to the server. I started a post and got quite a few players not knowing whats going on. NO GM or MOD reply we are used to here with in a few hours. Finally, i decided to go check the forums and taaaaaada the forums are apparently down too.

NC is a badly run game honestly eventhough some are doing there best.
Regardless IF RYL gets online soone, go try it. You will give that GM a kiss
even if he/she is 4 hour late. You will probably even get that warm fuzzy feeling when a mod edits you since you know hes there and he might help you out if you need it some day. :angel:
Even if the quality is bad atleast nc has one. ;)

Oath
18-07-04, 17:38
RYL sucked.

MrChumble
18-07-04, 17:54
At risk of looking like an ass kisser (I think my past posts should prevent this)...

I actually think NC is very good and KK do a good job. All my frustrations stem from the fact it could be so much more. KK are a small outfit and have done an impressive job with little manpower and (I assume) little cash.

There are many companies out there who are much much worse.

They're not perfect though, hence the endless cycle of posts about vehicles, op wars, para, ppus, blah blah blah.

DoY will fix some. If it's reasonably successful I will be expecting to see a lot of time invested in balance and content issues. If they don't I suspect I'll be leading the stampede out the door.

Hmm my SI should be gone now, back in game ^_^

Scikar
18-07-04, 18:13
At risk of looking like an ass kisser (I think my past posts should prevent this)...

I actually think NC is very good and KK do a good job. All my frustrations stem from the fact it could be so much more. KK are a small outfit and have done an impressive job with little manpower and (I assume) little cash.

There are many companies out there who are much much worse.

They're not perfect though, hence the endless cycle of posts about vehicles, op wars, para, ppus, blah blah blah.

DoY will fix some. If it's reasonably successful I will be expecting to see a lot of time invested in balance and content issues. If they don't I suspect I'll be leading the stampede out the door.

Hmm my SI should be gone now, back in game

Yes! Agreed completely. It's disappointing to see all the bugs etc, but then when you think about what has been achieved, it's pretty damn impressive. Especially the recent stuff with only CoDi to do it (though I think Callash can code some as well). You can't really blame KK if level3 is messing up the servers (though I always get confused there, I thought they rented servers from level3 yet it's KK who's installing the new hardware for NC2?), but there's other things which they really don't have an excuse for. Such as bringing back para, bringing back guard punching, and other silly little things. The showstopping and FRE bugs must be one hell of a task for one coder to fix by himself, especially when he also has to code new DoY stuff in, new storyline stuff, etc. etc. Though when I think about it like that, I feel as though if they're not gone for NC2 they might never be fixed.

amfest
18-07-04, 19:38
RYL is a run by Asian company. I forgot which one though :\. It's already in retail over there. The Open beta is a watered down version of the retail where they are testing and trying things. It's sorta almost pointless to play because there really isn't anything to do except level as there hasnt' been a patch in ages to add in dungeons with boss mobs. It also has silliness like being able to walk up any incline or swim forever. Mobs can walk through anything to get to you. You could run away from a mob and jump onto a high rock and it'll just walk inside the rock and hit you no matter how high you are. I suppose that does stop exploiting mob ai :p I suppose it's like neocron in a way. After youv'e leveled enough you can head to the Arena Zone and PK the other race. The interesting thing about it though is you can not communicate with the enemey race. So the other crap talkers are the people who challage people to duels and beat them easily. :p

Anyhow . . there are alot of games out there that contain bugs. I think we hit Neocron especially hard with this because it is a MMORPG and we pay to play. But imo alot of bugs have disappeared or have grown less in appearance

Oath
18-07-04, 19:41
RYL is a run by Asian company. I forgot which one though :\. It's already in retail over there. The Open beta is a watered down version of the retail where they are testing and trying things. It's sorta almost pointless to play because there really isn't anything to do except level as there hasnt' been a patch in ages to add in dungeons with boss mobs. It also has silliness like being able to walk up any incline or swim forever. Mobs can walk through anything to get to you. You could run away from a mob and jump onto a high rock and it'll just walk inside the rock and hit you no matter how high you are. I suppose that does stop exploiting mob ai :p I suppose it's like neocron in a way. After youv'e leveled enough you can head to the Arena Zone and PK the other race. The interesting thing about it though is you can not communicate with the enemey race. So the other crap talkers are the people who challage people to duels and beat them easily. :p

There's also a bug where if you follow said mob while it's targeted, when its running away, you can follow it through terrain o_O.

Oh yeah did they ever fix the LAN bug? where you can see the other person that plays on the same connection as you o_O ?

amfest
18-07-04, 19:59
I have no idea. I stopped playing a while back when my friend broke his hand ><. RYL had major lag problems for me . .and apparently most everyone else. It was 10% death from your fault 90% death from lag. You'd be swinging at a mob but it's health isn't going down then boom you fall over dead because the mob was behind you. You'd be sitting down resting and regaining health then boom you fall over dead because there was a mob killing you the whole time. You setup a player store and sit in a town square while you sleep or go to do something and come back and find that someone has pushed your body into the ocean or you are dead because they pushed you into some mobs which killed you. In which case you have to return your stuff to the Dragon Vault bank and pay the fee to store them there <--- OMG neocron could use a cashsink like that. At certain levels you could get a chance at more Gogu Space and have to pay to use the extra space :p

I did like the slots you can get on armors and such to improve aespects of them. Wish Neocron had slotted armor where we could improve things on them like adding a bit of poison, fire, energy, x-ray, force, or pierce. Just something to customize the armor to your needs.