PDA

View Full Version : crash problem

Thundra
18-07-04, 12:51
dont suppose anyone knows whats causing this do they.
when im playin if i press right shift or ctrl the game crashes. now and then it stops doing it for a bit and then it will crash it again the next time i load up. sometimes it even changes buttons so instead of left shift it will be right ctrl that crashes it. ive tried the old scroll lock and num locks and that makes no difference.

thx in advance to anyone who can help

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 13:54
if ur using xp, holding certain buttons for a few seconds will cause your disability options to pop up, like sticky keys and stuff, so hold down shift for 10 seconds, when the box comes up change the options to not use shortcut key.

Alice
18-07-04, 13:57
My noob friend who started the other day, gets the same thing, if he presses the down arrow.

Mad eh?

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 13:59
My noob friend who started the other day, gets the same thing, if he presses the down arrow.

Mad eh?

solution to that is easy.

dont press the down arrow :p :lol: :lol: :angel:

Mantiz
18-07-04, 13:59
A couple of weeks ago I used to have a similar problem where I crashed straight to the desktop everytime I touched uparrow.
After a couple of days it just went away, weird...

Nidhogg
18-07-04, 14:07
An entry in the FAQ states:
If your game crashes to the desktop whenever you press UP or DOWN (for example) and you're using a USB keyboard, turn off numlock and the crashes will stop.

NIt's worth checking that one out. Also check this thread:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=101769

N

Magic Sausage
18-07-04, 15:18
Awww.... And I was seriously considering getting a USB keyboard to replace this one... guess I can't though cause neocron won't like me anymore.

rob444
18-07-04, 15:25
I recognize the problem as the "voicecom" problem. With Teamspeak/Ventrilo etc., you'll have to disable direct input and you wont crash anymore.

Thundra
18-07-04, 16:32
I recognize the problem as the "voicecom" problem. With Teamspeak/Ventrilo etc., you'll have to disable direct input and you wont crash anymore.

how do i disable direct imput? sorry if im being stupid.

nid its not the numlock prob as i tested all those. pressing the button does crash me driect to desktop. now and then it stops happening thena few days later it starts again.its a bit strange.

thanks for all your replys btw

rob444
18-07-04, 17:12
Teamspeak: Settings>Options>Other check "Disable Direct Input".
Ventrilo: somewhere in the settings, just look :rolleyes:

Thundra
18-07-04, 17:26
Teamspeak: Settings>Options>Other check "Disable Direct Input".
Ventrilo: somewhere in the settings, just look :rolleyes:

ah ok i get ya. altho i dont normaly have teamspea laoded up so unless it runs in the background without my knowledge i doubt its this. maybe its jsut my keyboard oh some strange program interfereing with neo.

Scikar
18-07-04, 18:38
The arrow key problem can also be caused by the ATi control panel. You can disable that at Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Options.