PDA

View Full Version : And now Fight Night is ruined...

Scikar
18-07-04, 01:18
Great week for player events this has been. Perhaps NC2 should put a note on the back of the box, "Note: You must be an asshole to gain any enjoyment from this game."

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 01:21
this is why KK needs to be seen to be taking positive action, and define a clear set of enforceable rules, so that the minority cant ruin it for the majority.

Dru Blood
18-07-04, 01:24
i would like to see player run events assisted by a gm or faction councilor someone with authority, there are lots of event which ive been to which have been trashed due to a small group of people.

theres nothing wrong with raiding a faction event though. :angel:

MkVenner
18-07-04, 01:26
only problem is theres not enough FCs to have one on all the time....i suppose if you got in contact ahead and gave them enough warning so they could make it...same goes for GMs...

true tho, there are some real fuckwads in this game

Mr_Snow
18-07-04, 01:35
What happened now?

[TgR]KILLER
18-07-04, 01:36
What happened now?

thats what i wanna know.. realy....

Scikar
18-07-04, 01:39
A certain person at FN was supposed to be banned from the previous FN (though I don't know why). He managed to get into a few fights, before being asked by the organiser to stop, because he was banned. He responded by firing rockets into the next fight, which was a 3v3. He then killed the organiser, and his clan mates helped him with the rest as far as I could tell. I'm not sure exactly to what extent his clan helped him though, as I was lagging pretty bad at the time (I get connection problems around midnight every night).

ichinin
18-07-04, 01:45
Some people are just so pathetic. I suspected stuff like this would happen.

I can tell that the "1,17,2" clan on pluto is now on alot of peoples shitlists..

EDIT: Better Scikar?

Scikar
18-07-04, 01:46
Ichinin, please edit your post. Flaming isn't going to get anywhere, disguising the name just means the flames won't start until one of them posts.

Doc Holliday
18-07-04, 01:50
this is fn on pluto tonight. i went to play with my noob pe there for a bit. lack of stuff to do. i thought i would dust off the old cron for a bit lol

Benjie
18-07-04, 01:52
I got some good footage of a couple of the fights, but I came late and left early. (you might have seen my drones flying around) The only problem is that it was so dark you can't make them out that well. If I can docter them up I'll post them, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

:(

Cerbious
18-07-04, 02:10
this is fn on pluto tonight. i went to play with my noob pe there for a bit. lack of stuff to do. i thought i would dust off the old cron for a bit lol

0o doc ffs come do a fly by on uranus man,

VirtualReGen
18-07-04, 02:43
they dont care if everybody has them on there shitlist ^_^ i wouldnt either, i think its pretty funny myself actually :o
Jason

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 02:49
they dont care if everybody has them on there shitlist ^_^ i wouldnt either, i think its pretty funny myself actually :o
Jason

This is the 3rd player event in a row that has had disruption from immature players thinking they can do what they like. If you think that it is funny for player events to be disrupted, then I'm sure you'll be laughing your head off when they playerbase says "fuckit" and your left with only GM events.

VirtualReGen
18-07-04, 03:01
This is the 3rd player event in a row that has had disruption from immature players thinking they can do what they like. If you think that it is funny for player events to be disrupted, then I'm sure you'll be laughing your head off when they playerbase says "fuckit" and your left with only GM events.
If it comes that far that the playerbase says "fuckit" and were left with only GM events, wouldnt that be better? Then people wouldnt (couldnt) ruin the events and the other people wouldnt have anything to complain about... Becaus right now, how do you want to stop these guys from doing what there doing? I dunno.... I just dont see a reason why i should be all upset and make myself mad about this situation, im sorry , thats just the way I am m8 =/ But everyone has theyr own oppinion :o I dont want to drag this any further at is, so ill stop posting =p =} cya

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 03:05
thats your opinion and your entitled to it, but having 1 event on pluto disrupted, then one a day later on uranus totally ruined (by the same individual) I actually have said fuckit, and cancelled my plan to host the event on Saturn, and will never be holding another event to try to bring some fun into the game for the players. So what you find funny, has already cost some future events on Pluto/Uranus/Saturn.

amfest
18-07-04, 03:16
thats your opinion and your entitled to it, but having 1 event on pluto disrupted, then one a day later on uranus totally ruined (by the same individual) I actually have said fuckit, and cancelled my plan to host the event on Saturn, and will never be holding another event to try to bring some fun into the game for the players. So what you find funny, has already cost some future events on Pluto/Uranus/Saturn.
Does that mean the Truth or Sex Emote get together is cancelled at your apt lex :(

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 03:17
Does that mean the Truth or Sex Emote get together is cancelled at your apt lex :(

Thats not a umm.. publicly known event.. it was just a way to get lots of girls into my apartment for us, so shhhhhh :angel: :angel:

amfest
18-07-04, 03:26
Thats not a umm.. publicly known event.. it was just a way to get lots of girls into my apartment for us, so shhhhhh :angel: :angel:
oh my bad!! >_<

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/pro_juggy.gif http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/pro_juggy.gif http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/pro_juggy.gif http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/pro_juggy.gif

Anyhow it's sad that player run events are failing due to certain individuals. I think though that group events just dont' work because of things like this unless you can get GM support for the event. I"ve been thinking about running events for just a small amount of people. Don't notify everyone just go out and gather them up in some RP way and give them a good adventure. I think those would be alot easier to handle but would in most cases require a few more people willing to work with you and make it run perfectly fine. So next time a runner says .. .psst in DM and says come over here to this dark corner I want to talk to you . .it could be your invitation into a player run event ;)

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 03:30
oh my bad!! >_<

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/pro_juggy.gif http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/pro_juggy.gif http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/pro_juggy.gif http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/pro_juggy.gif

I stopped reading after that :( :( :(

Anyhow, i had a kewl outline for a nice RP event, where DOY use an inside guy to break into TT's mainframe, download the blueprint for a new devistating weapon. Then some runners would be placed around the city with clues on where to find the DOY infiltrator, with anti city going to different people for clues than the city ones, coz the anti-city want DOY to get it, City want to get it back. Deleted the word document where i was writtin the script/plot etc.. :-/ shift+delete

Snake EYE
18-07-04, 03:31
I really dont understand their mentality.
Is it "Hey, I think I'll go to FN with a PPU and kill all the un-prepared people that dont have PPUs...yeah...that'll make me feel big"?
Or have they just not had sex (for a while) so they're frustrated?
What ever it is...they're sad, sad people.

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 03:32
Or have they just not had sex (for a while) so they're frustrated?
What ever it is...they're sad, sad people.

I didnt think minors were allowed to have sex :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Snake EYE
18-07-04, 03:34
Ah so what you mean is they just climbed up onto daddy's char, hit a few buttons, accidently brought up NC, and held their finger on the mouse button?

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 03:35
Ah so what you mean is they just climbed up onto daddy's char, hit a few buttons, accidently brought up NC, and held their finger on the mouse button?

more like "omg dad, CS is so last year, buy me that game!"

Snake EYE
18-07-04, 03:39
....and get mummy here, I need some milk.

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 03:40
....and get mummy here, I need some milk.

Ahh, now we're on the same wavelenth!! ;)

Snake EYE
18-07-04, 03:43
Good...now I can go to sleep :P

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 03:46
Good...now I can go to sleep :P

Valid point, i'm knackered too >.<

amfest
18-07-04, 03:48
I stopped reading after that :( :( :(

Anyhow, i had a kewl outline for a nice RP event, where DOY use an inside guy to break into TT's mainframe, download the blueprint for a new devistating weapon. Then some runners would be placed around the city with clues on where to find the DOY infiltrator, with anti city going to different people for clues than the city ones, coz the anti-city want DOY to get it, City want to get it back. Deleted the word document where i was writtin the script/plot etc.. :-/ shift+delete
Damn that must of sucked badly. Wonder what I'd do if that happened to me. Oh yea . . I'd go watch anime :p

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/ctr-085_2.gif

Candaman
18-07-04, 03:51
[ edited ]

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 03:54
Well, at least there are two things everyone here can agree on...

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/cool02.gif

is the best siggy ever!! and...

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/pro_juggy.gif

Are both very hypnotizing 8|

solling
18-07-04, 14:05
why not just have all at fn kill them and their clan if they show up problem solved

steweygrrr
18-07-04, 14:16
this is why KK needs to be seen to be taking positive action, and define a clear set of enforceable rules, so that the minority cant ruin it for the majority.

I remember the 'escaped prisoner' event on Uranus when Niddy, Callash and Thanatos were there. There was also a certain black dragon clan and a certain twilight guardian clan there. Callash had made a rule for no PvP during the event. So what did these clans do?

One: kill people looking in the Jeriko zone for Niddy and Thanatos
Two: Kill people on the a_08 zoneline so they dropped belts.
Three: Kill people right in front of Callash knowing that although the rule was there, he couldn't enforce it to any serious degree.

So although the events are in place and rules are set, looks like sometimes even the Devs aren't able/allowed to enforce them. If that had been the case, there would have been more than a few bans handed out to said TG clan after the Storm event....

SorkZmok
18-07-04, 14:17
why not just have all at fn kill them and their clan if they show up problem solved
Couldnt be done on uranus as they are a pretty large clan and its a 4 character server, they wouldve just come back.

steweygrrr
18-07-04, 14:18
Couldnt be done on uranus as they are a pretty large clan and its a 4 character server, they wouldve just come back.

and back and back and back....they're like an extra annoying version of the energiser bunny!

Mighty Max
18-07-04, 14:31

Unfortunally when KK tries to cretae those rules step by step, all that is earned is "OHH MY GOD KK SUQZ, dont do it it removes 'Athmosphere'"

Just refering from the last Dont-Push-PPL-ove-zones-rule thread.

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 14:44
Not doing it removes player events, which would KK rather see? Player events not happening, or disruption at events against the rules?

Snake EYE
18-07-04, 14:48
[ edited ]

Ryuben
18-07-04, 14:53
[ edited ]

ROFL

you really made my day [ edited ]
and thats jsut one that came to my mind at the time, been many more where u have snake

XaNToR
18-07-04, 14:54
i dont know if it was post on the english forums, but snowcrash said, that people who disturb/destroy an event will be bannend, but he also said, it would only be possible if u report the event to a gm to watch over the event.

But if there is no gm, im afraid those people can destroy every player event they want.... but i mean ... hey GMs are not really active on uranus...

And thats why im not organizing events anymore until my clan is active again...

Candaman
18-07-04, 14:54
[ edited ]

Underground
18-07-04, 14:55
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
18-07-04, 14:57
Any more flames or clan-bashing posts will result in this thread's closure.

N

Marx
18-07-04, 15:20
No surpise, players always fuck up other peoples fun... Whether it be HUR HURR PKING a person who's obviously not able to put up a fight, killing someone mid-hack, harassing over trade and direct, to outright wrecking of player events.

I stopped hosting the events I used to offer, I don't feel bad about it either.

THE_TICK!!!!
18-07-04, 15:38
hmm dunno bout the situation on pluto...hell i been gone so long i really dont know whats what..but are there any protection clans about lex ? like you could hire for security for your events so on so forth ?

-REMUS-
18-07-04, 15:41
OK quick post cuz im going to the sea side with my gf, but i hamemred out a deal with Magneto of ayb, return the spy in questions rifle that did some pking, ayb host the next fight night, gm's will be involved to make sure ppl dont take advantge of the open gr or ruin fight night again.

Astrix is no longer kos to them although that may take time to filter through the ranks.

This has yet to be OK'ed by the clan heirachy but I hope it does

*runs for the car*

Barak
18-07-04, 16:42
hmm dunno bout the situation on pluto...hell i been gone so long i really dont know whats what..but are there any protection clans about lex ? like you could hire for security for your events so on so forth ?
CIX the CM clan will but the long list of people who hate us would just take it as a quick way for a fight.

Ryuben
18-07-04, 16:44
its not that we hate you its just wel you won't sit down and stfu

for example if a melee tank + ppu killed about 8 people u think OOC would be quiet but ohhh no its not the said 8 are "shit talking"

*shrugs* i want those 8 defening ur FN ?

Barak
18-07-04, 16:48

for example if a melee tank + ppu killed about 8 people u think OOC would be quiet but ohhh no its not the said 8 are "shit talking"

*shrugs* i want those 8 defening ur FN ? oh christ don't get me started on that - t'was fucking abismal.

+ I myself don't go mouthing off on OOC...

think im going too do Morrigan some harm

Back on topic People are assholes the world over, more so in games where the anonimity keeps them safe from being punched in the teeth.

Ryuben
18-07-04, 16:51
well as im meant to be arangeing next weeks fight night u want to make an effort to attend, might hire you as the guards :D

Barak
18-07-04, 16:56
well as im meant to be arangeing next weeks fight night u want to make an effort to attend, might hire you as the guards :D
Not up to me, its upto spelly and we know how much earth and spelly love eachother...

sorry for the OT

+ erm.. some random relavent thingy here...

Darth Slayer
18-07-04, 17:09
I know longer play as much if hardly at all due to these Twats.
I have a fair idea as well who they are.

Scorpius.

-Demon-
18-07-04, 17:13

*shrugs* i want those 8 defening ur FN ?

Tee hee not as fun as me on my Spy killing a PE and PPU at rockshore..the rest of the guys in clan were having ago at me after that..they wanted part of the action :P

..i..DemonX
18-07-04, 17:22

Only Clans i would hire for Security on Pluto are either SilentMobius or AYB. Tbh i think thats the only both on Pluto that realy would be able to secure anything real!

Carinth
18-07-04, 20:01
You shouldn't expect gm's or kk to punish ppl for not playing nicely. I'd rather have a way that players can punish each other. The faction council system could be one way. If a runner or a clan is consistantly misbehaving and bringing a bad name to the faction, then the faction should be able to boot them.

Also, when you associate FN with a clan or have a clan hired to protect it, you have a high likelyhood of the clan's enemies taking this as an invitation to attack. For a long while Kramer ran FN on Pluto and so Pimp was heavily involved with it. We had several FN's wrecked by our enemies. At the time Pluto had a healthy population which almost unanimously outcasted said FN wreckers. Clans that didn't mind them before now declared war, tradeskillers refused them, etc.

I would say the same should happen now, but with Pluto's pop so low the percentage of asshats is higher. And the prospect of making more enemies is actualy a good thing since people are often bored anyway.

Xylaz
18-07-04, 20:11
Only Clans i would hire for Security on Pluto are either SilentMobius or AYB. Tbh i think thats the only both on Pluto that realy would be able to secure anything real!

Heh, yes, those are only clans (well, DarK as well...) i would never hire for the Security on Pluto, rather for something quite opposite... but i dont play on pluto anymore so meh... :angel:
Well i would like to play, really, but only when pluto's pop would *stay* around 100+ most of the day and not only for the 2 "peak" hours...

[TgR]KILLER
18-07-04, 20:12
kinda BS just saying AYB is gonna host the next FN astrix and a few others were hosting FN and already had plans for the next places. but you guys screwed up the first FN @ OZ station and now you just take FN over.. screw you cause i won't be there.. FN aint shit without kramer or jest hosting it.. you guys all think you own FN but you don't your crap..

and thanks for not Kossing astrix lol.. but in any zone AYB is KOS already was KOS and will be KOS exept for events maybe.. AYB been KOS since they were raiding TH again.

Underground
18-07-04, 20:20
KILLER']kinda BS just saying AYB is gonna host the next FN astrix and a few others were hosting FN and already had plans for the next places. but you guys screwed up the first FN @ OZ station and now you just take FN over.. screw you cause i won't be there.. FN aint shit without kramer or jest hosting it.. you guys all think you own FN but you don't your crap..

and thanks for not Kossing astrix lol.. but in any zone AYB is KOS already was KOS and will be KOS exept for events maybe.. AYB been KOS since they were raiding TH again.

I disagree with that killer, remus spoke with danger_mouse from AYB and asked AYB to run the next one. we did not say were taking it over.

Astrix declared that Kayne is banned from FN and not allowed to fight. Kaynes a tank, standing infront of astrix, with his CS armed, and hes told that ? Ofcourse hes gonna be a little pissy about it :p

It wasnt AYB that started the killing tho, it was a crahn clan who had a sniper there who started killing some people first.

Scikar
18-07-04, 20:49
There was a 3v3, Kayne wasn't allowed to take part, so he started firing Moon Striker rockets into the fight. Maybe a Crahn sniper did something separate, but I think it's safe to say it was Kayne who killed the event. In fairness though, I didn't see him doing anything wrong before that really. I think it might have been best for Astrix to have just let it go - especially since despite AYB supposedly being banned, one of their PPUs was doing the rezzing.

[TgR]KILLER
18-07-04, 20:59
yes course AYB fucked up the FN @ OZ station last week. in the middle of fights they ran trough the sides and killing people. till everybody left cause they just focked up thats why they were banned.. they destroyed the FN yesterday.. and if they are getting GM support for keeping a event they destroyed 2 times then fuck me but thats just total BS

ufora
18-07-04, 21:03
ayb are nice people.

Shadow Dancer
18-07-04, 21:06
Ufora you should send that to abuse@neocron.com.

I also think that your post might get edited for bringing unwanted attention. I'm not sure though.

ezza
18-07-04, 21:10
not to mention rasism

and1guy
18-07-04, 21:24
it was all out of context i swear..

Mumblyfish
18-07-04, 21:26
ayb are nice people.
Ufora, send that in to abuse. Please?

Nidhogg
18-07-04, 21:26
I warned you to stop the flaming. Thread closed.

N