PDA

View Full Version : You can't take it with you...?

Selendor
17-07-04, 22:57
Ok, so this might be already known (since most official information about DoY outside the .plan file is hidden throughout the forums), but I was wondering just what we are going to be able to take to the new DoY servers when they go live in September? So far as I can tell the only thing guarenteed will be:

Characters and their experience level.

So...will we loose all of our possessions? Will be be allowed to take money? Assets like appartments and vehicles? Clans - will we all be set loose to start again in 2-4 servers? What if we make the wrong choice and all our friends migrate to a different server? Will we be able to switch? I feel like I'm about to die and if I put a silver coin under my tongue I will be able to pay the ferryman....but I'm going on faith alone :(

So when will the remaining player base be told this information? Have we already learned parts of this and I've missed the posts? If I have then I think we need a gathered faq of all known info about DoY - If I haven't then I hope someone is going to tell us...unless they already know we are going to loose all our posessions in 6 weeks time and they don't want us to stop playing for that period.

Think about it guys, your 5 slot weapons, your Mc5's you worked so hard to get, this is a virtual currency that could be about to be liquidated...(although resetting money could be good for balancing new starters with veterans).

What is the community's thought on this matter, and if KK can answer this, do you know how this migration is going to work yet?

Thanks, Sel.

Rellix
17-07-04, 22:59
i think u should be able to pick ONE wepon and ONE imp that u want to go over with ur character that way all those months of pay and hunting to get them hasnt been wasted

Seymour

Terayon
17-07-04, 23:00
i for one wouldent mind losing all my possetions. its fun getting them back. and if you find it as work why do you "work" so hard to get them?

ya and i was totaly wondering the same thing about the servers. i cant speak for kk but i think they will release all that information right before doy is gold.

i dont think transfering items over will be to much of a problem anyways as long as money cant be transfered.

Garg [RogueNET]
17-07-04, 23:03
Why isnt there a FAQ about Doy?
(if there is one hidden under a hampster somewhere then plz enlighten me)

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 23:04
If you start off capped with 0 items 0 chips you have 0 way of getting money items, you cant buy a gun, you cant hunt anything to give you money, your screwed.

ezza
17-07-04, 23:05
no i spent long time getting the stuff i got, and i damn well want to take it with me.

If you start off capped with 0 items 0 chips you have 0 way of getting money items, you cant buy a gun, you cant hunt anything to give you money, your screwed. rank drops to zero, kills rats, some more rats, buys crappy weapons, kills more rats, etc etc

i for one wouldent mind losing all my possetions. its fun getting them back. and if you find it as work why do you "work" so hard to get them? you might enjoy hunting endlessly for techs but some dont

[TgR]KILLER
17-07-04, 23:07
said this so much.. and afaik KK said our chars and stuff would just come over..

see it.. i trayed like everything in i got for cash. so i could buy some of those cool new homes in when DOY came out.. got 1 cab with spare armor 1 with spare spells.. and a few guns.. thats it..

but i do have 3 all arti PE's another PE and 2 termi's for most of them i worked my ass off to get them.. same for my moveon ppr sa sf.. i don't want to do all that shit agian. would it be fun doing all that again.. no bloody way lol.. din't play this game for 1.5 years to shove all that work out of the window after that 1.5 year.. my 2 cents

Dirk_Gently
17-07-04, 23:10
There needs to be powerful chars on the DoY servers who know what is going on. The game will work better with established clans etc so new players are actually joining a community.

Selendor
17-07-04, 23:12
no i spent long time getting the stuff i got, and i damn well want to take it with me.

Of course, so for those people who are holding all their assets in specific clans, will these clans be lost in translation? If so I think we need to know sooner than later so we can start the (huge in some people's case) job of reorganising our items. I for one have at least 30 appartments spread among my characters, and this will take a lot of time to organise.

If we are to keep our items, or at least KK are going to do their best to allow us to move them, can they please tell us?

KILLER']said this so much.. and afaik KK said our chars and stuff would just come over..

Cool...so can anyone find the quote? Surely we need a FAQ, if something like this might or might not (!) have been said?

DonnyJepp
17-07-04, 23:14
Doy is supposed to be the continuation of the storyline so most likely, you get to take it all with you. They did say that TH apartments (contents included) would be relocated to DOY (this was in '03) and I infer that they intend for things to continue on.

I will be pissed if they strip my 8 characters on Saturn bare. That's not ok at all.

Selendor
17-07-04, 23:16
Hmm, so again we're going on memory of things KK might have said? Time for me to do some forum searches....back in a sec

[TgR]KILLER
17-07-04, 23:19
we need so much more info.. about servers number of servers whats gonna happen.. we don't know shit realy.. pmed a few of KK staff on the forum here din't get reply :/

Garg [RogueNET]
17-07-04, 23:33
Give Us A Faq!

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 23:36
']Give Us A Faq!

they are introducing ciggies with DOY apparently, so you'll have to wait till then to have one, that and smokig is bad for your health >.<

DonnyJepp
18-07-04, 00:10
Hmm, so again we're going on memory of things KK might have said? Time for me to do some forum searches....back in a sec

WOC skills become available to capped characters with the release of DOY so unless a lot of things they've already announced are changing, it's a safe bet that characters aren't getting wiped.

I agree with Garg, they need to make a lot of information available.

Alice
18-07-04, 00:42
I'd like to see some fresh servers, where people can all start new. When Venus started up, it was *SO MUCH FUN*. Instead, now trying to level a character is frightful, if you are lucky you might find someone to team with, most of the time no-one wants to know.

Shadow Dancer
18-07-04, 00:43
I do NOT want to do MC5 again. That place is rediculous, and extremely boring. I HATE that place.

I hope they let us keep at least 5 items or so, if they decide to take items away.

n3m
18-07-04, 00:49
hope they let us keep some items?
fuck that, keep all our items

Selendor
18-07-04, 01:41
I've posted all information I could find on BDoy in the forums here:

http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=103969

No mention of character assets so far. Perhaps the German forums contain something.

DonnyJepp
18-07-04, 01:44
A lot of older threads on the subject are now unavailable due to the forum upgrades wiping out things from before roughly August of last year.

Crono
18-07-04, 02:08
I do NOT want to do MC5 again. That place is rediculous, and extremely boring. I HATE that place.

I hope they let us keep at least 5 items or so, if they decide to take items away.

yea man, i wouldnt mind loosing some items, may even help the servers, but not all items.

Like letting u keep your implanted Imps, your equiped armor, and items you decidded to keep in your QB. That would not harm any economy with stockpiles of anything, but you most lilkly diddnt lose anything that rare, only maby stockpiles of extra secondary stuff.

Wouldnt mind taking it all though ;P

but doing things that way would elimanate any apt carrying over problems, they could just assighn u a new starter apt with whatever your name is as the pass now.

-Crono

Disturbed021
18-07-04, 03:17
It would be kinda fooked up if they didn't let you take your weapons, imps, etc......I would luv to see a $$$ whipe tho :D

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 03:23
Well, we know* that accounts that are inactive more than 3 months* are to be deleted* the rest will be held somewhere to be transfered to the new system/databate* possibly letting you choose which new server* which are to be called Dr Fluffykins' and Jane' however, I do not think KK will do an items wipe, they may scan the database for anything suspicious i.e. stacks of stuff which shouldnt be stacked*

However, moving "clans" over would be a different kettle of fish, FA/TG etc. are moving to DOY so they would need to move clan apartments to DOY, and if people are able to select a server, the clan might end up in a different database than what the clan members themselves are in*

* - conjecture, subject to change and probably incorrect
' - completely untrue

Candaman
18-07-04, 04:13
from what i hear and see they say they are implementing a new item id system with DoY now for this to work u would have to wipe all items o_O (BAD) also the fact that they now say DoY is a new game and this means they can use they excuse no u don't get ur stuff this isn't neocron its neocron 2 so it looks to me that it will be chars only moved over. wether i stay after this happens i'm still undecided

ezza
18-07-04, 11:49
from what i hear and see they say they are implementing a new item id system with DoY now for this to work u would have to wipe all items o_O (BAD) also the fact that they now say DoY is a new game and this means they can use they excuse no u don't get ur stuff this isn't neocron its neocron 2 so it looks to me that it will be chars only moved over. wether i stay after this happens i'm still undecided
hmm ya could be right, and cant say im down with that

KK should tell us whats going to happen not string us along, otherwise i might as well stop hunting now

spongeb0b
18-07-04, 12:09
yeah can we get an official word on this cos i really dun wanna lose all my stuff that would we really make me think twice about moving to doy :(

Cerbious
18-07-04, 23:02
simple... i lose my inventory and my 5 slott CS (my goal for living :p ) then they lose me. Also yeah shouldnt string us on... should i continue MC5 hunting when it would all be a waste ofmy time?

Dirk_Gently
18-07-04, 23:16
It wouldn't be particularly bright to screw over the real hardcore loyal customers (we're still here paying our subs when a hell of alot of others aren't) so I am fairly confident that there will not be an inventory wipe.

DonnyJepp
05-08-04, 05:15
I heard there might be a wipe.

notneo
05-08-04, 12:44
ita all rumors which kk need to answer but do not,can you tell me they dont ever check the forums,?

mind you if the forums active they must think that the player base will be loyal enough to wait till christmas,which i can easily see nc2/doy slipping to

GambitFlame
05-08-04, 12:56
i for one wouldent mind losing all my possetions. its fun getting them back.

Oh no no no no no, there is no way i wanna camp MC5 for 3 hours a day for 2 weeks to get my DS back :( theres no fun in that

Alice
05-08-04, 13:04
Ok. NC2 will have an item tracking system, which every item in the game has a unique ID, and if that item is lost, they can just do a quick server check, and if it isn't on the server (say backpack loss) then they can just re-issue it to you, based on the data they have for it.

However, all items pre NC2 will have no item tracking system.

To go through each person's inventory, QB, cabinets, go go, and replace each item with an identical one, but with an ID number tagged to it (or even to just issue ID numbers to them all) would take forever. There would be at least a few months downtime as they did this. Plus as it's humans doing the work, human error comes into play, and someone will whine that their gun isn't there anymore etc.

So in their eyes, it's easier to wipe all items from characters. Maybe give out cash as a replacement, or in extremes, maybe X amount of tech parts per person?

Original monk
05-08-04, 13:07
i for one wouldent mind losing all my possetions. its fun getting them back. and if you find it as work why do you "work" so hard to get them?

daamn i hate it when people start talking out of there ass :/

i dont care that youre one broke ass player ... but when ya have everything youre heart can possible desire in youre little virtual world and they take it away after 2 years of non stop work ...

then i wonna thank the neocronstaff for what they have done and never show my face again , ever

quote: "then ya can restart with all the fun off leveling up and getting all youre gear back"

-> for what ????? so they can wipe it again in 2 year when neocron3 appears ?? yeah yeah :rolleyes:

edit: i have enough ultrarares to decorate youre entire RL house Terayon, its not like: "then ya go hunt some techs and ya have youre gear back ..."

Zaq
05-08-04, 13:18
To go through each person's inventory, QB, cabinets, go go, and replace each item with an identical one, but with an ID number tagged to it (or even to just issue ID numbers to them all) would take forever. There would be at least a few months downtime as they did this. Plus as it's humans doing the work, human error comes into play, and someone will whine that their gun isn't there anymore etc.

Not true, its very easy to add primary keys to a database table which doesn't have one.

Alice
05-08-04, 13:26
yeah, but adding keys to items, making sure that they don't clash with other keys, maybe if the id's are co-ordinated at all, sticking the items into the right order. It might be easy to add a key, but I don't think the KK guys are going to be pressing a button on Access to end all their troubles. You can see them doing this manually. That means for Fixer alone 50-60 guns, plus about 40 psi modules, then about 100 tech parts, that all need an ID. And what about the stuff that's old? Like my original ARS, or the mob junk I stored away, that they removed from the game? Why would KK give an item to something they've deleted, wouldn't they rather just delete it?

If it was that easy, they would have already put the system into practice, making it easier to move over to NC2.

Inchenzo
05-08-04, 13:36
daamn i hate it when people start talking out of there ass :/

i dont care that youre one broke ass player ... but when ya have everything youre heart can possible desire in youre little virtual world and they take it away after 2 years of non stop work ...

then i wonna thank the neocronstaff for what they have done and never show my face again , ever

quote: "then ya can restart with all the fun off leveling up and getting all youre gear back"

-> for what ????? so they can wipe it again in 2 year when neocron3 appears ?? yeah yeah :rolleyes:

edit: i have enough ultrarares to decorate youre entire RL house Terayon, its not like: "then ya go hunt some techs and ya have youre gear back ..."

Amen brother !!

ow and org, nice to see ya :)