PDA

View Full Version : What kind of High Level mobs would you like?

Psycho_Soldier
17-07-04, 21:47
I would like to see some more high level mobs added to NC. Different ones too, not modified versions of mobs already ingame. Also since the engine is being upgraded the mobs can look better as well. Would nice to be able to see mobs that look like this or similar. They could spawn little babies that could be faster and more hungry than the the spawner, can jump and things like that, not extremely fast so that you can't target them but you get the idea.

http://www.bighairyspiders.com/pix/irminia2.jpg

Also see some mobs that look like giant centipede's,

http://www.bighairyspiders.com/pix/redhead1.jpg

This could add more a slight fear factor to the game as well.

I'm sure you guys could offer more ideas as well.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 21:48
omg them pictures scare me :(

I'd want hmm, gorrillas that are both fire and poison :D

Moscow
17-07-04, 21:58
Could you be considerate enough to put links to those images and/or a warning in the thread title?

Some of us don't appreciate being subject to that sort of thing.

Peace.

-Moscow

DonnyJepp
17-07-04, 22:19
Melee Zombies

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 22:19
Could you be considerate enough to put links to those images and/or a warning in the thread title?

Peace.

-Moscow

You afraid of spiders? want me to hold you? :D :D :D

Archeus
17-07-04, 22:24
High level super droms.

Celt
17-07-04, 22:25

Peace.

-MoscowThere are spiders in game.

Benjie
17-07-04, 22:58

Peace.

-Moscow
lol

Spiders are cute! Okay so tarantulas are poisonous, but they're still lovely. <3

Check out this uber sweet house spider. <3

http://primates.ximian.com/~federico/news-photos/7839-spider.jpg

I love animals. Spiders for the most part are incapable of even bruising you. So harmless, and the poisonous ones just have a natural defence.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 23:03
omg omg omg spiders are horrible, i always gotta get em outta the house and they are creepy crawlies >.<

Benjie
17-07-04, 23:04
omg omg omg spiders are horrible, i always gotta get em outta the house and they are creepy crawlies >.<

I let them crawl onto my hand and then put them under my shed or something.
They leave my hand covered in cobwebs! :p

Well I think there adorable.

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 23:05
Enlarged guinea pigs would be cool (Lexx your getting too slow)

Oh and if you didnt know daddy long legs or crane flies are the most poisonous spider in the world but they dont have strong enough fangs to pierce human skin.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 23:06
cant have guinea pigs, no one would wanna shoot em :p its like no one wants to shoot droms, just sex em up :D

Benjie
17-07-04, 23:07
Oh and if you didnt know daddy long legs or crane flies are the most poisonous spider in the world but they dont have strong enough fangs to pierce human skin.
Catch 22. :p

Do you mean daddy long legs as in everyday normal daddy long legs?
Exactly how poisonous are they?

DonnyJepp
17-07-04, 23:09
ooo super vultures and dragonflies!

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 23:22

Yes but I dont know if they could inject enough poison into you to be letal or not.

@Lexx Id kill them just like I kill wee crabs and droms.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 23:26
Yes but I dont know if they could inject enough poison into you to be letal or not.

@Lexx Id kill them just like I kill wee crabs and droms.

thats coz ur evil you devil worshiper :p

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 23:32
thats coz ur evil you devil worshiper :p

I only cull a certain amount because the baby spawns stop high level mobs from spawning so they have to die.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 23:33
I only cull a certain amount because the baby spawns stop high level mobs from spawning so they have to die.

Thats what they all say! That and "no, i wasnt sexing it, err, it fell onto me!" :p

Glok
17-07-04, 23:40
I only cull a certain amount because the baby spawns stop high level mobs from spawning so they have to die.If I have the zone to myself I kill everything. If not, I hang around for a bit and then leave. Exceptions are pure levelling where loot isn't a consideration.

Wouter
17-07-04, 23:47
there are some spiders, never seen them ingame though :)
maybe with doy or something

http://www.darksidesworld.de/pics/lodshots/IIIHH%20BAH.jpg

http://www.darksidesworld.de/pics/lodshots/they%20ll%20cumming%20up%20with%20DoY.jpg

a praying mantis (think that you call it like that in englisch :P ) would be nice.
they look evil :)

http://www.natuurfoto.tmfweb.nl/images/insect%20europa/BIDSPRINKHAAN102.JPG

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 23:47
i think them spiders were supposed to end up in the newb areas, a boss mob for them to kill

BlackwooD
18-07-04, 00:50
120/120 evil eric cartman

Mr_Snow
18-07-04, 00:52
Actually there has been atleast 1 arachnophobe that has left the game because of the amount of spider mobs in the game.

ichinin
18-07-04, 01:56
- 1/1 rats to replace all those random small rats in plaza district. Copbots shoot em for fun.

- 100/100 Warbots with a slightly larger brain and more speed. (fast as average players)

- 120/120 Rhinos driven by mercs NPCs at MB.

- 100/100 4x4 chaincrafts and/or TC's driven around by TG/FA NPCs.

- 150/150 flying monsters that attack with force.

- 50/50 to 75/75 Soulclusters that zoom around near the crahn church and attack anyone not invited. (non allied)

Shadow Dancer
18-07-04, 02:00
Where the heck is that pic from?

Anyways, I would like to see high level mobs that mimic gangs of NPCs. Like a PE leader of a gang, and a ppu monk mob that buffs/protects his allies. It would be awesome.

Ascension
18-07-04, 02:11
Where the heck is that pic from?

Well i have a SS of the spider egg or something from Halloween last year.. it was when the GM's were spawing chars in mid air and everyone was stealing them :lol:

amfest
18-07-04, 02:14
I"ve always thought that in the outzone storage level 8s that there should be a Legged version of a launcher cyclops. So that it would be huge standing up on some major muscluar legs and have an additional gun or something like maybe the rocket launcher like a warbots strapped to it's back and maybe a plasma like weapon.

More PSI style mobs.

Water mobs.

poison frogs

More mobs that:

Move around the area
Hunt over mobs
Have a enemy creature that if spawned near or draw near to will attack said creature out of hate unless you've caused it so much dmg that it's in a major rage.
not all mobs are the same. (one launcher cyclops can be different than another launcher cyclops in str and health. So when it's spawned it has a chance of having maybe more firepower dmg but less health or armor. Something along that lines)

seraphian
18-07-04, 02:16
I would like to see random-spawned 'boss' mobs in certian difficult sections of the wastes. Like putting a 120/120+ warbot (not hoverbot) varient or a high-level 'reaperspider queen' in a reaperspider nest somewhere near TG...

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 02:16
a 120/120 bouncy, with lasers for it's eyes and the little hat propeller means it can fly up and bounce ontop of you to make you lose health!!

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/bouncy.gif

scarier than spiders anyday :D

garyu69
18-07-04, 02:22
how about a 120/120*** Hegehog

http://www.glaquarium.org/scans2/hedgehog.jpg

Look at the evil in his eyes.

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 02:27
dude, grim chasers used to be hedgehogs, cant u tell? :p

Crono
18-07-04, 02:55
Man, some Big Spider Boss that sits upside down under a brige bunched up, then can drop down and chase you if you shoot it would be awsome :D

Lexxuk
18-07-04, 02:57
or you could have a mob called "Mother In Law" who runs after you with a broomstick hitting you on the head for gettin her daughter pregnant, the first melee mother in law!! she'd be 240/240 coz not even STORMBots would mess with her >.<

Thundra
18-07-04, 04:10
Catch 22. :p

they have one of the strongest poisons of any insect but the dont have any teeth and only live for one day. pretty funny when u think bout it. watch ricky gavais (spelt it wrong but dont care) animals, he has a great bit about it on there.

amfest
18-07-04, 04:21
they have one of the strongest poisons of any insect but the dont have any teeth and only live for one day. pretty funny when u think bout it. watch ricky gavais (spelt it wrong but dont care) animals, he has a great bit about it on there.
Yea but let's think about them being 10 foot tall and give them some teeth . .. if I saw one of those . ..

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/gifo10kill.gif

ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psycho_Soldier
18-07-04, 04:26
Dude that would fucking own, not 10 feet though, more like 50 feet, would be better than a strider in HL2!! Would also be nice when they kill you, they tie you up in a web and start dragging you around, until you GR that is.

amfest
18-07-04, 04:37
50 ft might be a bit much :p

How about we settle for half at 25 ft :p

And they have to be in groups and have that creepy wave movement they get when they walk and brush against each other :D

Codrum
18-07-04, 10:04

I have seen an episode of Myth Busters where they let a Daddy long legs bite the arm of the smaller guy (can remember his name atm) and they talked to a scientist who studies spiders, he said their poison is NOT the strongest. Wish I could find a link to a clip of that show :\ :D

TheGreatMilenko
18-07-04, 13:42
or you could have a mob called "Mother In Law" who runs after you with a broomstick hitting you on the head for gettin her daughter pregnant, the first melee mother in law!! she'd be 240/240 coz not even STORMBots would mess with her >.<

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/gifo10kill.gif

:lol: