PDA

View Full Version : Rules for FC's

Candaman
17-07-04, 15:11
Is there anywhere i can find a rule list that FC's are supposed to follow. More importantly when they are and aren't allowed to use their godmode or nodmg mode.

There was a incident today when we were fighting a clan in MB and all of a sudden the faction counsellor appears mid fight. Now the FC himself was not fighting but he was running round and purposely getting in the way of targetting and such like making it very hard for us to fight. I was wondering if this is allowed in the FC rule book. If it is i think something should be done about this something like when godmode is on they become untargetable or something because having godmode but still targetable can be used to advantage as it has been shown today.

Capt. Rik
17-07-04, 15:14
I suggest sending an email to Arbiter. Afaik he deals with FC's and can probably give you all the details u need.

Also possibly send an email to exploits@neocron.com

Tratos
17-07-04, 15:16
Arbiter is your best bet arbiter@neocron.com is his e-mail i believe but not 100% sure.

Krysm
17-07-04, 15:40
Faction Counsellors are normally allowed to use godmode if they are assisting or heading an event. The Faction Counsellor of discussion was leading a belt-hunt event throughout the wasteland sectors. He would have been dealt with more severly with if he had attacked back; but as he did nothing but stand still while looking at the map, and quickly try to run away, he will be reprimanded but not punished.

I'm also sure that the said Faction Counsellor was not expecting to be attacked by an allied faction.

If you have further questions about rules of a Faction Counsellor, feel free to PM me or any of the other Counsellors.

Hope I was able to help.

Underground
17-07-04, 15:56
Faction Counsellors are normally allowed to use godmode if they are assisting or heading an event. The Faction Counsellor of discussion was leading a belt-hunt event throughout the wasteland sectors. He would have been dealt with more severly with if he had attacked back; but as he did nothing but stand still while looking at the map, and quickly try to run away, he will be reprimanded but not punished.

I'm also sure that the said Faction Counsellor was not expecting to be attacked by an allied faction.

If you have further questions about rules of a Faction Counsellor, feel free to PM me or any of the other Counsellors.

Hope I was able to help.

Totally incorrect, did you get this statement from him ?

AYB were fighting CIX inside MB, the CM FC appears, fenix was the only one there from AYB tho Danger_Mouse might have been around aswell, the CM FC was getting in the way of fenix fighting Solitaire and Barak, The CM FC then says ''what a complete sucker of cock you are'' over trade-NC Directed at Fenix, is this seriously the way you want FC's to act ? Out of Char abuse directed at other runner, out of RPesque godmode in the middle of a fight between 2 warring clans, CIX and AYB are in allied factions, however both clans are fighting for the OPs around MB and due to the history between the runners of both clans. I find it outrageous that the CM FC can get away with this

[Edit] If he was leading a belt hunt event through the wastelands, why was he inside MB at the same time, and location that a MB clan were fighting, also having godmode on and generally getting in the way ?

Krysm
17-07-04, 16:12
The CM FC then says ''what a complete sucker of cock you are'' over trade-NC Directed at Fenix, is this seriously the way you want FC's to act ? Out of Char abuse directed at other runner, out of RPesque godmode

I fail to see how that was not RP. Of course, it was in the wrong channel, but that's a common mistake anyone makes. If something the FC says offends you, tell the FC how you feel about it and he/she will stop. Ask anyone that has ever seen me in - I do nothing but shoot out a slur of insults directed towards anyone in my way. If someone tells me that it bothers them, I apologize and leave them alone.

If he was leading a belt hunt event through the wastelands, why was he inside MB at the same time, and location that a MB clan were fighting, also having godmode on and generally getting in the way ?

He just entered MB from setting up the belts, and was on his way to his appartment to announce the event. It was a cooincidence that his appartment was in the same hallway that you were fighting in.

As I said, this mishap was a small infringement on the rules - All small coincidences and mistakes. If he attacked back, or stayed there for a considerable amount of time, this situation would be handled much, much differently.

Hope I was able to help.

phunqe
17-07-04, 16:26
If I get insulted by a runner, within context (i.e on local and not randomly over some channel), I usually respond back in an RP manner. All the times (I usually don't get insulted OOC) it has been RP.

As Kirja said, if you don't like it, ask them to stop and they will.

That's at least my experience :)

EDIT: If the insult contains sexual preferences or racist elements, it's certainly not RP. As long it doesn't, consider the presence of RP before you throw any stones :)

Shadow Dancer
17-07-04, 19:06
Totally incorrect, did you get this statement from him ?

AYB were fighting CIX inside MB, the CM FC appears, fenix was the only one there from AYB tho Danger_Mouse might have been around aswell, the CM FC was getting in the way of fenix fighting Solitaire and Barak, The CM FC then says ''what a complete sucker of cock you are'' over trade-NC Directed at Fenix, is this seriously the way you want FC's to act ? Out of Char abuse directed at other runner, out of RPesque godmode in the middle of a fight between 2 warring clans,

Funny thing is if there was a rule against insults, players would quickly flame KK saying "wtf this is a game for mature 18+ people WTF U CAN'T HANDLE A LITTLE INSULTS?" or some other stupid bs. But if an FC says it.......... :rolleyes:

Candaman
17-07-04, 19:08
If I get insulted by a runner, within context (i.e on local and not randomly over some channel), I usually respond back in an RP manner. All the times (I usually don't get insulted OOC) it has been RP.

As Kirja said, if you don't like it, ask them to stop and they will.

That's at least my experience :)

EDIT: If the insult contains sexual preferences or racist elements, it's certainly not RP. As long it doesn't, consider the presence of RP before you throw any stones :)

Sucker of cock is not a sexually offensive abuse?

ichinin
17-07-04, 19:09
...Now the FC himself was not fighting but he was running round and purposely getting in the way of targetting and such like making it very hard for us to fight.

I heard that discussion earlier today, when he run inbetween people, dont that work both ways? How were only 1 side affected by him running around infront of their sights?

Just a question.

(Rumor says FC's are only allowed Godmode during events..)

Krysm
17-07-04, 19:37
Sucker of cock is not a sexually offensive abuse?

As I mentioned above, if you find it offensive, then tell the FC involved and he will refrain from saying that to you again.

Celt
17-07-04, 19:39
As I mentioned above, if you find it offensive, then tell the FC involved and he will refrain from saying that to you again.Can I call germans the n*** word then, and nothing will happen because im roleplaying?

Cool.

Scikar
17-07-04, 19:44
Can I call germans the n*** word then, and nothing will happen because im roleplaying?

Cool.
From an RP perspective, you don't know if anyone is actually German, since Germany doesn't exist any more. It's possible that people might still 'suck cock' though.

[TgR]KILLER
17-07-04, 19:46
Can I call germans the n*** word then, and nothing will happen because im roleplaying?

Cool.

no cause thats so long ago you shouldn't even know what it meens in a rp kind of style ;)

Gotterdammerung
17-07-04, 19:58
I think that if anyone has any questions about an fc or what rules they are governed by then to please do as another poster suggested and send an e-mail to arbiter@neocron.com

Furthermore any questions regarding racial and/or ethnic epithets used on the forum or in-game [role play or not] can be answered here
http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=23

here
http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=27#forumrules

and here
http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=195