PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of BestBuy?...

System
17-07-04, 01:46
Yea well They don't carry Neocron. They Carry every MMORPG there is but Neocron they don't even know what the hell it is.

Best Buy is one of the biggest Entertainment chain stores in the US. You need to stock it there and other big chain stores in the US. Doing this might bring a better player base to this game.

Get NC2:BDOY in BestBuy they day it comes out!

r0ti0n
17-07-04, 01:49
Frys > Best Buy

:lol: :lol:

I bought Neocron at Frys. :P

Mattimeo
17-07-04, 01:55
Best Buy, Compusa, Electronics Boutique, Fof Your Entertainment, Gamestop, Toys R Us, Staples and Office Depot....

All the largest chains you can get games at, not a single one of them in my area has ever heard of Neocron, or knows of anything with a name anything like it. I would expect this of a few of these places listed... but EB and GS keep some pretty obscure games, and even they dont know what I'm yammering about.

I'm going to be far from surprised when release flops.

DonnyJepp
17-07-04, 01:56
got all mine at Babbages but yeah, if they can get Best Buy to sell it then they are going to sell bigtime.

Rob01m
17-07-04, 02:02
Yea well They don't carry Neocron. They Carry every MMORPG there is but Neocron they don't even know what the hell it is.

Best Buy is one of the biggest Entertainment chain stores in the US. You need to stock it there and other big chain stores in the US. Doing this might bring a better player base to this game.

Get NC2:BDOY in BestBuy they day it comes out!

Ummm, I got my copy of Neocron at Best Buy many years ago...

Nobody knows about Neocron 2 yet though.

Menolak
17-07-04, 02:10
the store where I bought NC has never heard of BDoy, same with the Futureshop's (an electronics chain) in the Quebec City area...I would think that with only 6 weeks to go, they would have heard something by now..
Swear to god, KK, if there is a delay, I'm dusting off my passport and hopping the next plane.....

Scikar
17-07-04, 02:15
That reminds me. I saw a copy of NC in Chips the other day when I was out. And it was still £30. :lol:

amfest
17-07-04, 02:16
Try stores in germany I'm sure some might of heard of it . . . everyone keeps going on and on about retail stores in other countries than reakktors but I can pretty much figure it's going to be released in stores in germany and the rest of us can order online from them somehow. It's not exactly the same as retail because only germany got it for retail then the rest later on got their version. So we can all start at one time. I doubt they'll want to hit everywhere from the start . .I'm sure they'll see how well it does before attempting to brandish it everywhere and chance it not selling at all around. Then again maybe I'm wrong. At least I'm sure most everyone is hoping I"m wrong ;)

BTW I bought my copy of neocron retail from my small town in texas the april after release from a store called Hastines. Last copy at the time also. I decided to wait to see if alot of bugs got fixed and jumped in for all the syncing into different zones era ;)

Tratos
17-07-04, 02:23
Got mine from HMV in the Metro Centre (Shopping centre in gateshead in NE england) me and my friend got it at the same time and there was still one more copy on the shelf, of course this was in April 2003 :(

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 02:31
i got 1 from Amazon and 1 from Gameplay, neither have NC2, Gameplay dont even got NC1

COLD
17-07-04, 02:31
well its been almost 2 years since I got my copy of NC, and If I remember correctly I ordered it from amazon.com cause best buy didn't have it when it went retail here in the states.

joran420
17-07-04, 02:40
got mine in Comp USA

System
17-07-04, 03:21
All your guys in England and UK this doesnt count for you :-p

I'm talking strickly about in the US. There are a bunch of low lives (like myself) that play games everyday in the US, All I hear people talking about is EverQuest thats all I hear about... Why because they never heard of Neocron until I told them and since they don't see it in stores they arent gonna waste time downloading it or they will forget about it. KK needs to hit the US chain stores big time. But make sure you KNOW your servers can handle a big server count because if servers are like what it is now then forget about it don't advertise in US

Shujin
17-07-04, 04:03
actually they do at some of them, and if they dont im pretty sure you can request it and they will get it.

i bought my NC at Gamestop and a 2nd copy at bestbuy not to long ago

Heavyporker
18-07-04, 03:20
I got my copy of NC at Best Buy in November.... so... if Best Buy will stock BDoY, then we got a fighting chance.

Redburn
18-07-04, 04:34
CompUSA had NC first day of US retail that's where I got mine, my second copy was bought at EB Games for $5.00

tkNukem
18-07-04, 04:39
i saw it at compusa...not the first day of retail though :(
i had to wait a few days for EB to get the game in stock, which is why i didn't start the moment retail was released.

i would really like to see a sales rep or spokesperson from whatever the publisher of NC2:BDoY is. we can prod at the person to see that they're releasing it reasonablly. it would be in the interest of KK and the community in my opinion.

Ferabukoo
18-07-04, 04:58
i work at best buy and believe me.. . our store has no idea what the fuck nc2 is or bdoy

notneo
18-07-04, 08:37
all uk players ,amazon doesnt list nc in online games but its there if you search for it specifically

Opar
18-07-04, 09:00
Holy shit, so many damn yankies play this game :eek: :eek: j/k.... honest :p

But to be honest, I think KK should be aiming their marketing like this :

1. Germany
2. UK
3. USA
4. ^>^>^>^>^>JAPAN/KOREA<^<^<^<^<^

Take note KK. Asia love gaming. NC + Asia = gooooood.

Scikar
18-07-04, 10:28
Take note KK. Asia love gaming. NC + Asia = gooooood.

Yeah, so much so they beat people up IRL for killing them in Lineage 2.

Opar
18-07-04, 11:00
Yeah, so much so they beat people up IRL for killing them in Lineage 2.

Holy shit? Really? Thats pretty fucked :p

deac
18-07-04, 11:11
haha traveld the east of europe this summer and saw 3! copies of neocron at a tesco in hungaria :O

full price ofcourse but still kinda cheap 20€