PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Doc Oc vs Green Goblin

Saza
17-07-04, 01:11
Just went to see Spiderman 2, kickass movie :D . All the way back from the cinema me and my bro were arguing, who is the better bad guy? Doctor Octopus with his super cool giant metal arm thingies, or the Green Goblin with... what he's got. :p I dunno why, but this really intrests me.

eric-the-ded
17-07-04, 01:26
the doc's always been my favorite spidey baddy.
he's the mr. freeze of the marvel universe. so cruel and cold. i can relate to him. teehee.

Menolak
17-07-04, 01:46
pfft...none of 'em
Dr.Doom pwns all.
'though, I haven't seen Spidey 2 yet, going tonight...

I've always thought the Hobgoblin would kick the Green Goblin AND Doc.Oc's ass together, at the same time, if need be

jernau
17-07-04, 01:47
Best thing about the second film is that I didn't LMAO every time the baddy was on screen.

Can't say much about them in the comics as I'm no fan of Marvel/DC but in the films so far Octopus wins easily. I just hope the ending doesn't mean we get another lycra goblin in part 3.

Shadow Dancer
17-07-04, 02:03
Due to the excellent actor playing him, I vote for Green Goblin.

Green Goblin>Martin J's rolex

jernau
17-07-04, 02:04
excellent actor
True but he looked like a tit.

Darken
17-07-04, 02:12
GOD i loved Spiderman2 one of the best fucking films ive seen in laste time (believe me i seen alot ^^)
Well Dr. Oc > Green Goblin but Spiderman > All

Ok i must admit im Spiderman fan ^^

Tratos
17-07-04, 02:17
Doc Oc, he pwns.

Menolak
17-07-04, 02:17
sweet, I just fired up Kazaa Lite, and now I've got Spidey2..cool, it's raining out, and the only english language cinema here is on the other side of town, and is like 20% more expensive :)

Tobey MaGuire, sorry for pirating your latest movie, come on over and I'll burn one with you to make up for it......

Tratos
17-07-04, 02:19
pssstt...your not allowed to talk about w34rz on teh forum...

seraphian
17-07-04, 06:38
I like Doc Oct better, but then again the best Spider Man villians ever were The Vulture and Venom IMHO...

tiikeri
17-07-04, 06:42
Venom > Spiderman
Or that one guy..(i guess he was on only one serie)
Carnage or something like that, was Venoms jailmate and caught that symbiot from Venom :) He rockd

Menolak
17-07-04, 20:44
pssstt...your not allowed to talk about w34rz on teh forum...

oops...damn, sorry mod's..I would have edited it, didn't notice until today..

Yep..great movie..
(wouldn't Doc Ock's body melt from the fusion? I know the arms were built to withstand it, but the body? hmm..Well, I guess people don't walk on walls and spin webs in real life, either...)

(Although I'll admit I know next to nothing about fusion power, I find it hard to believe that dumping it in the river would stop the reaction.)

I guess the next movies gonna be the Hobgoblin, or does he take over for his dead dad as the Green Goblin? Can't remember how it went in the comics, I'm racking my brain trying to remember the origins of the Hobgoblin..wasn't his name Jason something? Anyone?

Heavyporker
18-07-04, 02:27
yup, back in town for a couple.

haven't seen movie yet (dammit!),

but I can safely say that cutting a fusion reactor off from main conduits and dumping it into a river (preferably a deep and broad one) will stop the reaction (if cutting the reactor off from main conduits that fed it the initiation energy and containment power didn't stop it in the first place and the reactor's vents were open (additonal note - make fucking sure the vents open IN the river, not while you're carrying it, otherwise, your ass is fucking vaped)). Fusion reaction relies on VERY high and tight events

- one, it needs a fuckload of energy to start in the first place, something like a multi-megawatt, if not gigawatt, laser
- two, it needs the reactant matter (hydrogen, deneuterium/trinium, helium to start with) to be under extreme pressures, you thought diamond needed a lot of pressure, that's nothing. Plus with the heat from compression and ignition, metal vaporizes in microseconds, the scientists in that fusion laboratory in RL (its somewhere in russia or MIT, not sure) are using tokamak magnetic reactors to use magentic fields to contain the hydrogen matter at extreme pressures.
- three, even with high pressure and a tightly-focused ignition, lose control of the reaction once and all you have is a particularly unwieldy plasma grenade.

Fusion is like fission - it's a process that feeds back into itself - a fission reaction needs the neutrons liberated by the initial injection to continue cartwheeling into other atoms and split THOSE atoms too. Fusion reaction will need the heat liberated by the hydrogen atoms melting together to form helium to force other hydrogen atoms to fuse too.

Menolak
18-07-04, 02:57
hmm..yeah, I guess so..

On the original topic...
Spiderman kicks all their asses...

However, I think the Goblin would kick Doc Ocks ass..Green Goblin (or the Hobgoblin) could just fly high up and blast the shit out of Doc Ock..there ARE limits to how high those arms can propel him..Okay, maybe the arms are pretty tough, just kill the organic part, and you've removed half the problem right there.
Bullet to the head to Doc Ock= Bye Bye...

Budzilla
18-07-04, 03:01
Well to be honest doc oct is defo the winner!

8 Arms
Looks Cool
and owns spiderman and goblin!

No one can beat it really :lol:

Tratos
18-07-04, 03:12
Yeah Carnage (http://forum.neocron.com/member.php?u=7979) Was a pwnage Spidy enemy! but watch out for those l337 Community Supporting Skillz!!!!

:p

The actualy Spidy Carnage did pwn he and Venom are join second in spidy enemy mintess after Doc Oc.