PDA

View Full Version : Now I am REALLY annoyed

MrChumble
16-07-04, 22:45
Ok so yesterday I had a little moan about trikes. Here's a new moan.

Why the FUCK does a trike STOP when it runs into a player?

The end.

Mr_Snow
16-07-04, 22:49
Why does my spy stop when she runs into a clump of grass?

Rellix
16-07-04, 22:52
why dosent my car stop when i crash into a person? :( i wish my brakes were as good as the trikes ^^

Seymour--(saturn)

r0ti0n
16-07-04, 23:02
how come my person keeps running through people and doesnt stop? :eek:

Rellix
16-07-04, 23:05
how come my person keeps running through people and doesnt stop? :eek:

they are all ghosts ^^

Sakletare
17-07-04, 01:08
Why the FUCK does a trike STOP when it runs into a player?

The same reason a small bike can stop a huge rhino (sigh)... because Neocron doesn't have real physics.

my old thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103232) *hint hint*

bounty
17-07-04, 01:12
I'm gonna be doing a article on vehicles really soon. They need some love.

amfest
17-07-04, 01:13
do you have to hit them a certain way? cause I always remember people getting pushed out of the way when my trike had a collision with them.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 01:19
do you have to hit them a certain way? cause I always remember people getting pushed out of the way when my trike had a collision with them.

omg you have the best siggy ever!

as for the trikes, well, they only weight like 1ounce coz of the material they are made of, so its natural that they stop whenever they can :D

amfest
17-07-04, 01:24
I wish vehicles could catch air though :(
Everytime I park my trike on top of CRP bunker I always think I'm going to fly off the cliffs when I run off .. but instead my trike just follows the cliff down :(

Would be awesome for a bunch of people to be standing around then they look up to see a trike falling down on them :D

MrChumble
17-07-04, 01:24

Well...I've calmed down a little now, so I can describe the situation with less swearing than I could have originally.

I was racing out of McPherson OP in my trike and an APU and PPU was running in. My trike hit one (I forget which) head on and just stopped. By the time I'd managed to rev the engine and circle round the apu had dropped enough HL on me to take me to half health. There's complaint number one - I should I have run him over and left HIM with half health.

Then - as I was driving away cursing the living shit out of KK, their mothers, MJS's dog and really anything else I could think of to take the blame - the apu chased me over almost half a zone, keeping pace with me the whole way, dropping HL on me as his pool regenerated. Bugger all I could do about it but run away and hope he FRE'd.

If I hadn't been getting my ass handed to me it would almost have been funny in its absurdity. Like so many of KKs design decisons I just can't for the life of me work out why they would choose to make vehicles so utterly crap. They're so cool, so crying out to be used, and hardly anyone does because they cost too much, die too fast and are generally a liability.

So today I nominate KK for the Craziest Design Decision of the year award. They're currently clear favourites to win.

amfest
17-07-04, 01:29
Drivers and passangers should be protected MORE in open top vehicles and there should be way better acceralation on all vehicles save the hovertech and maybe the rhino.

Running people over would actually produce alot of whinning though due to laggage and such. You could be driving along avoiding people then through a lag/server placement thing someone that was running on the side seems to jump in front of you and it will still register the hit. And if collision dmg was put in you'd have to recieve collision dmg when you hit a tree or rock or something. And you know how much that is going to suck with the way vehicles handle ;)

bounty
17-07-04, 01:33
Isn't it like, insta death if you run over someone with a vehicle on planetside?

I remember during the beta, there were some guys that would just drive around the big spawn area and pk their own race all day. Never heard so much bitching in all my life.

MrChumble
17-07-04, 01:34
ooh oooh oohh and and....

Why do I target my own gunner (and why does he target me)?

I've not done much coding, and I know just about sod all when it comes to 3D engines, but assuming NC uses a ray trace or such to discover who's in the line between the crosshair and infinity couldn't some highly cunning code like

If (isMyGunner == 1)
doNotTargetHim = TRUE

be added? There must be *some* sort of flag for being in a vehicle :confused: