PDA

View Full Version : The joys of re-installation

Menolak
16-07-04, 17:03
Well, NL Pro borked my Neocron...the RPOS went screwy, all the HUD colors turned into a kind of flourescent white (I couldn't see item names, could not see that I wasn't able to equip an item, etc..) I couldn't replace the original rposcolor.ini, or change the values/color of the RPOS that was there..oh well, third-party software for ya..a shame, because I liked the HUD...
Anyway, now I'm re-installing, I backed up the neocon\patches directory before I re-installed, but it didn't work, my NC is only patched to 135...could someone send me the link to re-download the patches?

MjukisDjur
16-07-04, 17:06
How odd. I reinstalled last week and it went super great...
Just copy the .pat files to the patch directory and replace the patcher the first thing you do.
You are not using any old shortcut, right?

Lexxuk
16-07-04, 17:08
ftp://ftp.neocron.com/retailpatches :)

J. Folsom
16-07-04, 17:10
When you start Neocron, download the launcher said in "Bug du patcheur US!" (I'm assuming it's in French for you, otherwise it's "US Version Patcher Bug!"), close the launcher, replace the launcher in your Neocron directory, and start patching again.

If that does not work, delete patches 159 and 184, then let the launcher do it's work. Make sure to use the Update Launcher link (Or run nlsp.exe from your Neocron directory) whenever it tells you to do so.

Harch
16-07-04, 17:11
i havent read anyone else replys but ... if you put the patches file on your desktop or sumwhere it wudnt get deleted beofre u reinstalled . if you did then you might have to actually install the patches but not download em

slaughteruall
16-07-04, 17:11
I just reformatted my harddrive the other day. So beleave me you reloading NC is nothing. Try a low lvl format on a 240 gig raid setup. That takes a while.

Slaughter

phunqe
16-07-04, 17:19
http://www.twilight-guardian.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=12

:)

Make sure you download the updated launcher as well, that way you'll do without the patches crashing problem...

Menolak
16-07-04, 17:27
yeah, i Think it might just be the launcher, cause I backed up my patches first..thanx guys :)

Menolak
16-07-04, 19:28
I had already backed up the patches, re-downloaded them all when NC wouldn't start..then I discovered the problem:
I typed the wrong IP, I typed 104 instead of 140 (62.140.29.54)
lol

Please close this before I get laughed at too much :p

Opar
16-07-04, 19:40
I burn all the patches to a CD and just keep it in my Neocron box.