PDA

View Full Version : [CbT] Support for Player Events

Lexxuk
16-07-04, 15:38
Due to the lack of KK events, Player Events are the only ones that are a constant, from Fight Nights to having fish and chips in Chez Sypher. But sometimes there is invariably a dipstick (no names mentioned s... heh) which can hurt the event in some form or another.

For instance, last nights event, the PVP had an idiot who took great pleasure in disrupting the filming of the event, he wasnt there to participate, just to be a complete twat.

Things like that will just make people not want to do events, or take part in events (player run events that is, GM events have a GM present so naturally have rules) which can only serve to hurt the general population of NC based on the actions of some numbnuts 12 year old with his dads credit card.

Because of this, I believe KK should a) make rules against interfering with player run events that are announced on the forum and b) when a player event is announced on the forum, try to have a GM handy in case of trouble so the GM can take care of the person causing the trouble.

A GM last night could have easily have sent the troublemaker away to Dark Metal or something and warned them to stop pissing about and interfering with the way the event was being run, we really need GM support in player run events to keep the AOL'ers in line so Player Events run well, and give people incentive to do future events.

QuantumDelta
16-07-04, 15:42
They'd have just hacked their way outta there.

--
Certain people's conduct should really remove them from the game.

I Whole Heartedly agree with this post.

Tratos
16-07-04, 15:45
Yes it would be great if when a player event was being run an official GM or even FC was present just to keep things running smoothy, in most cases they would not have alot to do as somtimes people are behaved but they should be there just incase.

Scikar
16-07-04, 15:48
Absolutely. The worst part is when those same people then come on to the forums and whine about the lack of events.

Moscow
16-07-04, 15:49
The presence of Game Masters or Faction Counsellors is far from being a deterrent. Morons will be morons.

In fact, I've seen several people try to ruin events because of the GM/FC presence.

Peace.

-Moscow

Lexxuk
16-07-04, 15:49
I dont think GM's should be at every event, they have much better things to do with their time, but there should be a GM active on the server for the duration of the event.

I'm running the King Of Fighters PVP tourny tonight, its lots of people shooting each other in a controlled environment, one person could disrupt the event easily enough to make the event worthless, so where would be my incentive to do the event on Saturn? There wouldnt be one, but if a GM is available to come to the event in case someone starts to try to ruin everyone elses fun, then that can only be seen as a positive move by KK to support player run events.

Tratos
16-07-04, 15:51
The presence of Game Masters or Faction Counsellors is far from being a deterrent. Morons will be morons.

In fact, I've seen several people try to ruin events because of the GM/FC presence.

Peace.

-MoscowIf this is the case i dont see why the FC or GM (If not senior) could contact a senior GM/lead GM to have the person carrying out such acts banned (or locked out of the zone if possible) for a short period of time while the event takes place.

That sound fair enough?

SorkZmok
16-07-04, 15:53
Get a GM to hang around there invisible and as soon as said crahn guy and his lame clan show up and try to ruin the event, he can just warp them somewhere else.
Right next to the viperking or the flame chaos queen would be a good place. :D

Josh Dabbs
16-07-04, 15:53
If any English speaking CA runner (I say that because I'm told typing English slowly and loudly doesn't mean non-English speaking runners are going to understand me :D) wants someone to oversee his/her player event, feel free to contact me via email, in game email or via PM on the forum. If you can't get hold of your FC, and I happen to be around, I will still be happy to keep an eye on things, even for anti-city factions (just, err, dont tell Reza).

Just remember that altough we FC's are in touch with the GM's, we aren't GM's ourselves, so dont ask us to spawn you L337 stuff or ban people because we just can't do it ;)

Judge
16-07-04, 16:01
There needs to be ALOT more support for player events in anycase.

Although, its definitely improving. The last event I ran I had a GM and three FCs helping me out. :)

Lexxuk
16-07-04, 16:06
Some events might need a fair bit of GM/FC assistance, some like FN require none, but it would be really nice for a FC to show up on Uranus at Jerico cage, tonight at 9PM UK Time or 10PM Germany time, to oversee the Tourny there (hint hint :p).

For events that dont require or need GM/FC, it would be nice for KK to have some rules set down, and a GM available, or FC available to get the rules enforced if someone decides to be a dick.

Nidhogg
16-07-04, 16:27
A GM last night could have easily have sent the troublemaker away to Dark Metal or something and warned them to stop pissing about and interfering with the way the event was being run, we really need GM support in player run events to keep the AOL'ers in line so Player Events run well, and give people incentive to do future events.
Well let me try and resolve this issue to everyone's satisfaction - at least for the future. I watched the person in question for over an hour and a half, waiting for him to break the kind of rule that I generally get called on to police; exploiting, racism etc. Unfortunately he seemed to be happy just to obstruct the fight night in a low-level, albeit effective, way (buffing people, getting in the way of the cameras etc.) so I did not interfere. Why? To answer that question you have to bear in mind the entire history of GM intervention in the light of past charges of corruption against officials. We have to be 110% sure that our action is safe to take and that usually means seeking approval from a superior and unfortunately an Assistant-Chief GM (or upwards) was not available until after the event had ended.

I've discussed what happened last night with Carbonite (ACG) and he approved limited action to be taken against such individuals in the future. That means the offender may be moved somewhere else or temporarily removed from the game world.

I realise that's a little late for the last night's event and my apologies go to Lexxuk and especially to Morpheous, who was the most disappointed in my inactivity. If your event is troubled by similar activities in future then please raise an in-game call ticket and an ISW level GM (e.g. myself) will try to resolve the issue to almost everyone's satisfaction. ;)

Again, please try to bear in mind that GM inactivity is always more preferable to GM interference and we are all obliged to do things strictly by the book.

N

Lexxuk
16-07-04, 16:34
cool, cheers niddy, and I agree with you that GM's should be quiet in the background, and only be called upon when really needed because of mass disruption. I've been told that the same person from last night might disrupt tonights event just for the sake of it, so its nice to know I can press the ? and get some assistance to keep the tourny going.

SorkZmok
16-07-04, 16:34
Now they know for sure they can show up and ruin the event as there wont be any actions taken against them. o_O

J. Folsom
16-07-04, 16:35
Now they know for sure they can show up and ruin the event as there wont be any actions taken against them. o_O
Read Nidhogg's post again, it says that they're now allowed to take actions against people disrupting player events. ;)

Mr_Snow
16-07-04, 16:36

Carbonite says that there can be so if he starts acting the prick he can be warped to his appartment or to plaza to keep him from running the event.

Lexxuk
16-07-04, 16:36

Read this bit..

I've discussed what happened last night with Carbonite (ACG) and he approved limited action to be taken against such individuals in the future. That means the offender may be moved somewhere else or temporarily removed from the game world.

If someone starts to screw up a player event, they could be temporarily moved somewhere else (I recommend the Bat Queen myself, fire and poison) or removed from the game which = a good thing.

/edit - omg, beaten by two people to the "Post it" button, I feel i'm losing my forum special touch :(

Tratos
16-07-04, 16:37
See, Niddys not just a pretty face and a mod, lol :p

Edit, Very good news for player events

Jest
16-07-04, 16:41
If any English speaking CA runner (I say that because I'm told typing English slowly and loudly doesn't mean non-English speaking runners are going to understand me :D) wants someone to oversee his/her player event, feel free to contact me via email, in game email or via PM on the forum. If you can't get hold of your FC, and I happen to be around, I will still be happy to keep an eye on things, even for anti-city factions (just, err, dont tell Reza).

Just remember that altough we FC's are in touch with the GM's, we aren't GM's ourselves, so dont ask us to spawn you L337 stuff or ban people because we just can't do it ;)Hehe, Dabbsy I think you must have been smoking something this morning if you think having an FC at an event will actually increase security. :p It usually just spurns people on to do naughty things. ;)

In my experience player events are really hard to do. If you try and discipline a person for being a cunt at the event, they will most likely only start to do it worse, perhaps bringing friends to disrupt it, attacking people out of turn, spamming, etc... I've found that really the only sure fire way of getting some one in line is to contact a higher ranked member of that persons clan and hope that that member is reasonable enough to yell at the guy for you. Though if the player disrupting the event IS the high ranked member. Well then you are pretty much f00ked. :D

SorkZmok
16-07-04, 16:41
Read this bit..

If someone starts to screw up a player event, they could be temporarily moved somewhere else (I recommend the Bat Queen myself, fire and poison) or removed from the game which = a good thing.

/edit - omg, beaten by two people to the "Post it" button, I feel i'm losing my forum special touch :(
I swear that wasnt there when i posted!!1
Well, maybe it was and i just shouldve read that text twice. :rolleyes:

seraphian
16-07-04, 16:43

Peace.

-Moscow

Yeah, but a few people are now enjoying vacations of varying length because they tried to muck with some GM events that I know of...

GMs can do something punitively about it, players can kill the bastard, but then they just GR back and start it again... GMs can teleport people away, or just wax them with a COPbot rifle everytime they show up in the zone if they persist in making trouble.

Lexxuk
16-07-04, 16:44
I swear that wasnt there when i posted!!1
Well, maybe it was and i just shouldve read that text twice. :rolleyes:

Your just looking for an excuse not to turn up and be pwned by me :p

SorkZmok
16-07-04, 16:44
I've found that really the only sure fire way of getting some one in line is to contact a higher ranked member of that persons clan and hope that that member is reasonable enough to yell at the guy for you. Though if the player disrupting the event IS the high ranked member. Well then you are pretty much f00ked. :DI'm pretty sure the person in question is the leader of a clan full of people who love to fuck things up for others. o_O

/edit

Your just looking for an excuse not to turn up and be pwned by me :pI will be there from 9 to 10 only and i'm not sure if i'm even gonna enter the competition. I suck at such events, my fps go down to less than 5 with details and fog turned down completely.
On the other hand, me and a h-c pe wasted a melee tank and a h-c tank at the last fightnight. So we'll see.... ;)

Lexxuk
16-07-04, 16:49
I'm pretty sure the person in question is the leader of a clan full of people who love to fuck things up for others. o_O

The person in question got booted from his clan on Pluto, so now wont have the support there of a rather large clan, and hopefully wont be picked up by any other Clan, so will spend his time thinking about his actions whilst PPU'ing for himself <3

Nidhogg
16-07-04, 16:50
GMs can teleport people away, or just wax them with a COPbot rifle everytime they show up in the zone if they persist in making trouble.
Now that's one thing a GM absolutely cannot do. We can warn, we can move and we can remove, but we are not allowed to kill people.

N

P.S. I'd appreciate it if this thread didn't turn into another list of harassment posts against that particular runner from last night.

Jest
16-07-04, 16:52
Now that's one thing a GM absolutely cannot do. We can warn, we can move and we can remove, but we are not allowed to kill people.

NJust teleport the bad people to the Crystal Caves and let the bats do your dirty work for you. :p

Candaman
16-07-04, 17:08

N

P.S. I'd appreciate it if this thread didn't turn into another list of harassment posts against that particular runner from last night.

don't do it urself nid i'll come be a hit man for u

seraphian
17-07-04, 06:53

N

Um, yeah I know that, I was kind of exxagerating for comic effect... honestly I think being warped/moved/kicked/ect. is a LOT more threatening and less disruptive than a ass-kicking anyway... and it looks less random.

I also was typing that as you responded, Niddhog, so I'd like to add a thank you for trying to look out for us players...

Tostino
17-07-04, 07:04
The person in question got booted from his clan on Pluto, so now wont have the support there of a rather large clan, and hopefully wont be picked up by any other Clan, so will spend his time thinking about his actions whilst PPU'ing for himself <3
Ok this guy only has 1 more char in the clan that is his and he can log like 4 more ppls chars. he is not at all cut off...

[TgR]KILLER
17-07-04, 14:56
don't know what has happend in that 1+ year between my event and his one..

i'm sure most of the "old" people remember my event @ the DOY gates.. pretty much the only event i had upto today. but afaik untill today i never had any complains about PKing and i had support of 2 GM's who spawned loads of warbots and little bots and whatever more.. we just had huge fun without pking or anything..

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 15:43
I was actually thinking that myself, on uranus a year ago any wars were put aside for events everyone would participate in the event and would leave after having fun, there was the odd exception of just a general lamer, but things have been going down hill on uranus since a clan started camping the gr at the MB while there was an event going on there and ever since then the server has been spiraling downhill.

ezza
17-07-04, 17:25
why not just deal with the idiot yourselves?

in the case of Lexxuk's event, there was a number of combat chars around, get them to deal with the trouble causer.

i recall a few events on saturn(long time ago :lol: )where the mercs were hired to keep the peace at the events.

maybe such things should be taken into concideration when you have an event.

just cos your having an event, doesnt mean everyone is, for the other guys its just another day of trouble causing.

of course if its offical event then then there should be no idiots ruining stuff.

meh i know above aint gonna be popular opinion buts its my view never the less

Morpheous
17-07-04, 17:29
The troublemaker on Uranus was killed, he then logged several alts and bought a large force who killed everyone.

Mercs may be called in to keep peace at certain events on Pluto in the near future.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 17:31
why not just deal with the idiot yourselves?

We did in the end, thats when he came back with his clan, people waiting for me to fight Rah, so no one buffed up = easy prey. Mind you, I almost killed the lame wanker later on when I was rezzed, he had got me to half health before I decided to buff rifle and fight back, he was almost dead when the apu and spy decided to help him out (if only I were PPU buffed).

Naturally any time I see anyone from that clan in a non safe zone, I'm going to attack them without question, and I'll be speaking to more friends on Pluto (spoke to some last night) about sticking the guy on KOS on Pluto, seeing as how I have friends in most all factions, he might want to avoid Pluto for a while.

ezza
17-07-04, 17:39
The troublemaker on Uranus was killed, he then logged several alts and bought a large force who killed everyone.

Mercs may be called in to keep peace at certain events on Pluto in the near future.
its a good idea imo to have security, for event like this, and its good for the role play

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 17:46
its a good idea imo to have security, for event like this, and its good for the role play

The dick was probably pissed off even more by the fact he lost his first fight vs an unbuffed APU, so logged on a different char to fight again (he woulda lost that one too mind you), he also hides behind a clan, on Pluto he came with a Clan APU (who i was snipering till I fell off the cage), on Uranus he came back with [ edited ], he's been booted from the Pluto clan now, the [ edited ] one, well, from what I heard they are lamers from other servers who couldnt hack being killed all the time.

Xylaz
17-07-04, 17:48

Yes it's a good idea though it wont ever work. Mercs or any other security forces can take care of the troublemakers yet the event itself will be ruined anyway.
So, after big fight, you remove all troublemakers and want to start the event again, he will appear again, with more people, or with sniper, or drone or anything else.
The only solution for this would be to place an event in a some kind of "secure" zone where every potential fights would take place at the entrance - without disturbing the event itself. But stealthers could ruin the event anyway as well as some people who would 'play nice' just be let in and start havoc in the middle of the event.

ezza
17-07-04, 17:52
Yes it's a good idea though it wont ever work. Mercs or any other security forces can take care of the troublemakers yet the event itself will be ruined anyway.
So, after big fight, you remove all troublemakers and want to start the event again, he will appear again, with more people, or with sniper, or drone or anything else.
The only solution for this would be to place an event in a some kind of "secure" zone where every potential fights would take place at the entrance - without disturbing the event itself. But stealthers could ruin the event anyway as well as some people who would 'play nice' just be let in and start havoc in the middle of the event.
ok say it is PvP comp, the 2 compettitors carry, on, while say if its one trouble maker the mecs could easily dispatch him quickly with no trouble.

if theres more, then it all depends on what number of mercs you got.

yes it will disrupt the event, but wont mean you have to fuck it off because lamers are camping the event and killing all

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 18:04
The only way that disruption at player events and GM events is going to stop, is if KK start to take positive action. On Pluto, just moving him away would have surficed. On Uranus, the whole clan got involved in destroying the event (and making is so I'm not doing the Event on Saturn now, nor any event ever again), so their punishment should be either temp bans for the clan, or the deletion of the clan or both, I'd prefer the last option.

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 18:21
It was meant to be a dueling event not an op war which is what it will basically turn into if there are mercs and full clans on security.

Well anyway its the last time I log onto uranus just to help out with resses at an event.

Xylaz
17-07-04, 18:38
It was meant to be a dueling event not an op war which is what it will basically turn into if there are mercs and full clans on security.

Yes exactly, small army of mercs security would draw the whole clans/group of pkers, still it would be viable if one can keep the fight at the entrance to the zone, not in the place of event itself.
Not sure if there is any real solution for it - if we remain such things in the hands of players only. It's like with the noob pkers, few months ago my clan on pluto was actively fighting them in MB area. Bored like hell, but we were patrolling mb all day long only to see that pkers just learn to avoid(stealth)/ignore us while killing the noobs at bunker. Even if the pker couldnt ran away from us, he just rushed into bunker and started shooting everyone inside hoping to kill every noob before we killed him. Rince & repeat every 15 mins untill all noobs just logged off or quit the game.
There was no countermeasure for this - noobs were still dieing and the only thing we could do for them is to kill their oppresors in revenge. But they still died at least 50 times more than pkers.
Same thing is here, there are 1001 ways to disrupt the event and without KK intervention the only thing players can do is to kill the troublemakers after they do their job. Which wont help in anything, because they can log alt, come with the ppu, sniper, droner, vehicle etc etc etc.
And the problem with roleplay is (as usual) that both sides have to agree on some rules to be able to roleplay work. Yet such people intentionally want to destroy those rules, to make it (the event, for example) impossible to work.

alig
17-07-04, 19:23
Maybe lexxuk you should have a gm present to note down information too....maybe just maybe if you rezzed evil ryoko after he got sniped and killed by someone, JUST MAYBE THIS IS! ncat would'nt of come and killed you all for being twats yourselfs and not rezzing him.

So next time either get your facts straight or say nothing at all.

Oh btw im Ricky, the ppu that fucking rezzed you and let you live and you calling me a twat, nice one. :mad:

Edit/ Oh and not only that, you blew up my rhino tank. :rolleyes:

Scikar
17-07-04, 19:29
So one person from your clan dying is enough justification for the entire clan to go out and slaughter everyone at the event? Way to go NCAT.

alig
17-07-04, 19:36
Basically yeah it is. You kill one of us and we all come to get you, were a clan (a team in baby language)

And there was only about 10 ppl there when we get there, my tank costs 600k id put no more than 20k on a head of an enemy so there still in debt to me.

hegemonic
17-07-04, 19:40
[ edited ] Like I've said in the past, I have no problem with losing as long as I have fun. It is NO FUN when some group of people are cheating.

When this clan showed up at the event and started attacking, I didn't even draw a weapon because a certain PPU has shown to have Godmode in the past by taking 4 moonie shots and 4 Mal shots from a group of tanks and not losing a SINGLE HITPOINT! I don't even fight back now because it's a waste of ammo since I can't do any damage to some players when I'm a capped tank with a good setup. It is total bullshit and I'm getting sick of it.

There is no support against cheaters and I do not like playing games with cheaters.

I am seriously considering cancelling my account because KK does nothing to stop this constant cheating. The game is becoming annoying to play because no one does anything to stop someone from cheats (or does anything in a timely manner). I'm more upset by the rampant cheats than the clan ruining an event.

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 19:42
Maybe lexxuk you should have a gm present to note down information too....maybe just maybe if you rezzed evil ryoko after he got sniped and killed by someone, JUST MAYBE THIS IS! ncat would'nt of come and killed you all for being twats yourselfs and not rezzing him.

Oh btw im Ricky, the ppu that fucking rezzed you and let you live and you calling me a twat, nice one. :mad:

I was going to res evil ryoko mainly because I presumed it was eveil ryoko and not somebody on his account and was asked not to because he had been fucking about and since when have your clan needed an excuse to be lame and start shit like that?

Over trade somebody said you were doing something you shouldnt of been doing with the rhino but since I wasnt there when your rhino was blown up I dont know.

alig
17-07-04, 19:43
[ edited ]

We win op war - "OOC chat / fucking exploiters...you all fucking cheat you fucking cunts, go fuck your mum"

All the noob ppu's that go "omglolz you exploiting fuckers, you can't kill ME!!! with holy shelter on that fast fucking cheat0rz" dont notice a thing and deserve to die if they dont pay attention to their surroundings.

Edit/ Snow i was'nt even online when my rhino got blown up.

NCAT roleplay anyway. We roleplay bad nasty people. TG's ffs.

fatwreck
17-07-04, 19:44
i find it funny how people think that because a clan works together, has each others back unconditionally and will stand up to any number of enemies, that they cheat and exploit.

Scikar
17-07-04, 19:46
Basically yeah it is. You kill one of us and we all come to get you, were a clan (a team in baby language)

And there was only about 10 ppl there when we get there, my tank costs 600k id put no more than 20k on a head of an enemy so there still in debt to me.
So why not only kill the person who killed him? I can understand you killing whoever killed him, and also the PPUs for not rezzing, but what's your justification for killing everyone else? None.

hegemonic
17-07-04, 19:47
[ edited - take it up with exploits@neocron.com please ]

hegemonic
17-07-04, 19:49
NCAT roleplay anyway. We roleplay bad nasty people. TG's ffs.

Read that little book that came with NC when you bought it, it has the storyline in it regarding Twilight Guardian. TG is NOT the "bad nasty people" you noob.

alig
17-07-04, 19:49
[ edited ]

Did the fucked up player position ever cross your mind?

The same thing happens to your ppu's and my brother is holy lightning one of your unbuffed ppu's like 15 times and you loose no HP either. It isnt exploiting, its a game bug and one of we have no control over.

alig
17-07-04, 19:51
Read that little book that came with NC when you bought it, it has the storyline in it regarding Twilight Guardian. TG is NOT the "bad nasty people" you noob.

Rofl you mean that book for another game because that book does'nt represent the neocron i know and play.

Ahh the beauty's of online roleplay, its dynamic ffs LMFAO. TG are bad nasty people now.

You obviosly never met China's TG clan from near start of retail either. TG has been bad nasty people since day one regardless of that babblefish thing you call a manual.

So why not only kill the person who killed him? I can understand you killing whoever killed him, and also the PPUs for not rezzing, but what's your justification for killing everyone else? None.

We didnt know who killed him, he said he was sniped.

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 19:55
Did the fucked up player position ever cross your mind?

You forgot the usual catchphrase of "its lag FFS NIB we pwnz0r you and all you can do is say we cheat you newb" that your clan spews whenever somebody says something like that.

If your clan roleplays explain why you ressed killed my TG ppu as I dont see that as roleplaying.

[ edited ]

Nidhogg
17-07-04, 19:56
Keep it down.

N

JackScratch
17-07-04, 19:57
Brainport, all of you go to brainport.

SirRah
17-07-04, 20:01
actually i didnt expect anything else to happen, really.

oh and alig, just because you dont use aimbots or exploits doesnt mean members of your 'clan' wouldnt. (note i dont say they do)

and on a sidenote... TG are supposed to fight for the freedom, same as FA.

alig
17-07-04, 20:02
You really want to have this a public conversation snow why we rezzed you then killed you? ok then i'll make it short.

I wont even use anyone else's names.

Joebloggs gets pk'd for saying "fuck off alig" ...joe's mate says to clan "rezz joe plz hes my mate" so we rezz joe. Joe then says "thanks" end of, your alive.

/What really isnt clever is...

Joebloggs gets killed, friend of his in the clan that just killed him says "rezz joe plz, hes my mate" so we rezz joebloggs and joebloggs says "you fucking nob heads...<5 mins bitching at us> dick heads" joe bloggs gets pk'd again.

You see Snow, Politeness goes a long way and does'nt cost anything. I particually dont like to have "fucking nob head" said to me for rezzing you, i prefer the usual "thanks". ;)

Next time you might keep your anger inside and not tell us were all "fucking nob heads".

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 20:04

Werent you meant to of looked after and removed any trouble makers from the debacle that was the event last night?

Events getting fucked up like this is just another reason for people not to organise their own which leads to boredom and more people leaving and really make KK hypocritical if they ever say again if theres not an event on orgainse your own.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 20:10

I was the one who said it was ok for evil ryoko to be pk'ed as he had been disrupting the event, so much so I had banned all TG, and allies for TG (i.e. FA) from the event. Did that make him stop? No, it did not. A PPU was trying to rez him, i asked the PPU not to rez him because he is nothing but a trouble maker, he came to the event just to cause trouble, want proof?

07-16-2004 20:40:56 > lamer : i'm back lexxuk
07-16-2004 20:40:57 > anon : teh fuckass
07-16-2004 20:41:08 > anon, : LOL, I think everyone here outranks me. LOL
07-16-2004 20:41:10 > interfere tonight *****, and the gm's have permission to deal with you
07-16-2004 20:41:13 > anon, : And Im near capped
07-16-2004 20:41:21 > you can stay by all means, just dont interfere with the event
07-16-2004 20:41:32 > anon : how does it work
07-16-2004 20:41:33 > anon : siging up?
07-16-2004 20:41:34 > lamer : lol
07-16-2004 20:41:40 > lamer : GM's can't do shit to me
07-16-2004 20:41:42 > lamer : newbie
07-16-2004 20:41:46 > sign up, i add u to list, and at 9 draw name from the hat
07-16-2004 20:41:47 > lamer : i can mess up a player event if i want
07-16-2004 20:41:55 > *****, go read the forum
07-16-2004 20:41:56 > lamer : don't threaten me bitch or i will ruin your event
07-16-2004 20:42:00 > lamer : hows that
07-16-2004 20:42:03 > anon : oh *****
07-16-2004 20:42:05 > anon : speaking shit again?
07-16-2004 20:42:08 > go see nidhoggs post
07-16-2004 20:42:11 > lamer : nah
07-16-2004 20:42:14 > lamer : i'll just do it
07-16-2004 20:42:15 > lamer : and like it
07-16-2004 20:42:16 > lamer : hows that
07-16-2004 20:42:17 > lamer : thx
07-16-2004 20:42:18 > you can be moved away from here, or from the game temporarily
07-16-2004 20:42:25 >

------------------------------------------------------------

07-16-2004 20:42:26 > anon : what u thanking him for *****?
07-16-2004 20:42:27 > lamer : i care 0
07-16-2004 20:42:46 > anon, : pardon me, but may I take a second and go gank that LC?
07-16-2004 20:43:04 > lamer : whatever

for the "can i gank that LC" he was refering to the launcher cyclops. If you notice the time inded, 8:42, the event started at 9ish, so yes alig, he came with the intent to wreck the event, and you think thats justified?

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 20:13
You see Snow, Politeness goes a long way and does'nt cost anything. I particually dont like to have "fucking nob head"

I have never said fucking nob head in my life, I actually spell it knob and polite you think I should be polite after being pked at an event which I logged on especially to help out with by friends which Ive had since retail?

I dont like being pked by friends especially when I held them in a higher regard then to fuck up events that people from different servers came to uranus to organise and do an event which was promptly fucked up by you and your clan.

If you want my chatlogs of what I said you can have them the only thing impolite I said was referring to NCAt as arse bandits.

Gotterdammerung
17-07-04, 20:22
Everyone put it back in your pants and leave your grudges for in-game. Stay on topic please

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 20:27
Everyone put it back in your pants and leave your grudges for in-game. Stay on topic please

I agree, and the topic is how KK could support player run events, and the best way that KK can at the moment protect player events, is to take drastic action against the people that come to disrupt the event. Which is why I strongly feel that giving the people from the clan in question (obvious who they are simply by looking at some posters sigs :rolleyes: ) a temp ban, and deleting their clan. That would show the community that KK wont tollerate this kind of stuff any longer, the kind of stuff that gave Neocron a terrible reputation as a newb ganking game, an image I'm sure KK would want to get rid of before Neocron 2 is released.

QuantumDelta
17-07-04, 20:28
actually i didnt expect anything else to happen, really.

oh and alig, just because you dont use aimbots or exploits doesnt mean members of your 'clan' wouldnt. (note i dont say they do)

and on a sidenote... TG are supposed to fight for the freedom, same as FA.

Why'd you think I didn't even bother turning up?

alig
17-07-04, 20:53
I have never said fucking nob head in my life, I actually spell it knob and polite you think I should be polite after being pked at an event which I logged on especially to help out with by friends which Ive had since retail?

I dont like being pked by friends especially when I held them in a higher regard then to fuck up events that people from different servers came to uranus to organise and do an event which was promptly fucked up by you and your clan.

If you want my chatlogs of what I said you can have them the only thing impolite I said was referring to NCAt as arse bandits.

Then next time dont ask me why we rezz killed you once.

@ Lexxuk..that isnt what i was told that happened.

@ Sirrah..you are saying ncat exploit by saying that "certain memebers of your 'clan' wouldnt. You know, i dont actually care anymore, everyone that plays nc just about is a fucking bitcher, its natural but i would'nt go out my way to get someone banned from this already dead game.

The next time any FA or anyone for that matter says ncat or me exploit be sure to keep your tongue in when im around because the first sign of a flame towards me and the screenie will go straight to kk. I've got a dozen screenies of people calling me in-game for when they piss me off.

I just want to have fun in this game and the way i have fun is my choice, it was a player event, we didnt come there until it was almost over. We got constant abuse from the le'd people until they thought they would stand in our op while we turreted it so maybe you should all try be a bit less two faced. Im admitting im a fucking arse and i thrive on pk'ing people (except noobs). It brings a smile to my face when i watch people die especially ppu's.

I was at oz gr with my resser...a CA was killing a TG for symp so im like fair enough, hes exploiting but hey who gives a fuck but then i log my ncat and get over clan chat "some fucking CA just gr ganked me at oz station" so i log alig and hes gone, no where to be seen..just a TG/FA and a TS there...the TG was keeping his mouth shut because he knows i will pk him but the FA is speaking german talking about ncat which in english he was saying ncat are fucking gay...yeah, i dont even know who it is, ive never seen her in my life and shes asking for an ass whooping so i pk'ed her, she gr'ed in, repeatedly called me pb and ncat so pb pk'ed her, she gr'ed back carried on so i logs one of my remaining BD chars and goes there specifically to kill all 3 of them over and over until they plan on stopping and so i did.

Anyway, at the end of it all you all call ncat, you fucking corrupt the server to hate ncat because of the shit you talk about us over ooc and the shit you think we do but have zero proof e.g. exploit and you expect ncat to actually like you and let you have your little events while you constantly call us every fucking day trying to get us banned and all sorts. Go get a god damn life and stop calling us exploiters when we dont even use turrets at op wars unless they are already planted unlike you with your special constructing SPY to plant turrets while fighting us.

JackScratch
17-07-04, 20:54
Anon is more than one person right? I remember some of those things being said by different people. Anon is just the name you gave irrelevent stuff, right?

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 20:55
I agree, and the topic is how KK could support player run events, and the best way that KK can at the moment protect player events, is to take drastic action against the people that come to disrupt the event. Which is why I strongly feel that giving the people from the clan in question (obvious who they are simply by looking at some posters sigs :rolleyes: ) a temp ban, and deleting their clan. That would show the community that KK wont tollerate this kind of stuff any longer, the kind of stuff that gave Neocron a terrible reputation as a newb ganking game, an image I'm sure KK would want to get rid of before Neocron 2 is released.

Thing KK wont do anything their policies basically dictate that if they arent exploiting or being rascist etc then nothing can be done and until KK get off their arse and realise how many people leave because of this sort of griefing and change their rules then nothing will be done about it.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 20:59
Anon is more than one person right? I remember some of those things being said by different people. Anon is just the name you gave irrelevent stuff, right?

Yes, its different people, all names were removed to protect the rainforrests.

@ alig - ur "friend" came to the event with the express intention of disrupting it, this was know the night before, and I was advised to ban NCAT from the event, which I didnt, i gave NCAT and your lame friend a chance.

The first time he could possibly interfere with the event he did, so I had a last fight between two players, one asked "can I pk him" (i'd been asked before also in DM but didnt reply) I said "yes". He wasnt sniped, a tank stood infront of him with a CS and tore him apart.

The PPU started to rez him, i said "please dont" so he wasnt rezzed, he just logged an alt, and brought the rest of NCAT along to totally destroy an already ruined event by his actions, and I really hope that KK punishes your clan by deleting it, I really do.

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 20:59
Then next time dont ask me why we rezz killed you once.

I didnt ask you anything I stated that ress killing and killing in the first place somebody of your own faction is not roleplaying.

Man your uber "if anybody flames me I going to go cry to KK" get a life Alig.

The PPU started to rez him, i said "please dont" so he wasnt rezzed.

That was me and only because I thought it was the owner of the character not Aligs friend who disrupted 2 events in 2 nights.

alig
17-07-04, 21:00

I'd say all this in-game but im sure someone will have there finger on F12 waiting for me to flame them so they can get me banned. I'd rather get banned from here than in-game.

I'll just go pk some of these people in-game instead and leave these cry babies here to all cry and moan. :rolleyes:

alig
17-07-04, 21:04
I didnt ask you anything I stated that ress killing and killing in the first place somebody of your own faction is not roleplaying.

Man your uber "if anybody flames me I going to go cry to KK" get a life Alig.

Ive never liked you snow and i never will, flame me all you want ill still always pk you. :) TG or not TG.

You need to read what i say..i never send shit to kk to try get people banned but i said that as a threat to anyone that thinks calling me or ncat an outright exploiter with zero evidence.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 21:05
I'd say all this in-game but im sure someone will have there finger on F12 waiting for me to flame them so they can get me banned. I'd rather get banned from here than in-game.

I'll just go pk some of these people in-game instead and leave these cry babies here to all cry and moan. :rolleyes:

Translation - my clans a bunch of newb killers who happily ruin events and dont give a toss about anything and would be more than happy to see NC2 fail as long as we have our fun. KK wont touch us we can do what we want, grief what we want and generally fuck anything we want up. GG

Archeus
17-07-04, 21:05
I am seriously considering cancelling my account because KK does nothing to stop this constant cheating. The game is becoming annoying to play because no one does anything to stop someone from cheats (or does anything in a timely manner). I'm more upset by the rampant cheats than the clan ruining an event.

They banned a whole load of people recently. You did report this person to exploits@neocron.com ?

Scikar
17-07-04, 21:08
Anyway, at the end of it all you all call ncat, you fucking corrupt the server to hate ncat because of the shit you talk about us over ooc and the shit you think we do but have zero proof e.g. exploit and you expect ncat to actually like you and let you have your little events while you constantly call us every fucking day trying to get us banned and all sorts. Go get a god damn life and stop calling us exploiters when we dont even use turrets at op wars unless they are already planted unlike you with your special constructing SPY to plant turrets while fighting us.
Nobody needs to say anything to currupt people's minds against you as long as you routinely PK allies, regardless of who started the fight, and kill everybody at player events.

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 21:09
They banned a whole load of people recently. You did report this person to exploits@neocron.com ?

[ edited ]

@Alig you only have ever killed me once and thats because I long synced into a UG so your welcome to try whenever Im on uranus.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 21:12
can everyone stop talking about cheats/exploits and whatever, this thread is about people/clans who distrupt/ruin events, nothing else.

Nidhogg
Werent you meant to of looked after and removed any trouble makers from the debacle that was the event last night?
It's unreasonable to expect that I or anyone else should be expected to be available 24x7.

As for the rest of this thread, just because we're allowing in-game discussion does not mean that the forum rules don't apply any more. Keep the flaming and the exploit accusations to yourselves, please.

N

alig
Yes, its different people, all names were removed to protect the rainforrests.

@ alig - ur "friend" came to the event with the express intention of disrupting it, this was know the night before, and I was advised to ban NCAT from the event, which I didnt, i gave NCAT and your lame friend a chance.

The first time he could possibly interfere with the event he did, so I had a last fight between two players, one asked "can I pk him" (i'd been asked before also in DM but didnt reply) I said "yes". He wasnt sniped, a tank stood infront of him with a CS and tore him apart.

The PPU started to rez him, i said "please dont" so he wasnt rezzed, he just logged an alt, and brought the rest of NCAT along to totally destroy an already ruined event by his actions, and I really hope that KK punishes your clan by deleting it, I really do.

Listen to yourself, you want to get a clan deleted/banned because your own fucking plans didnt fall inplace. Life is a bitch so deal with it and an ingame life with virtual murdering is even worse.

The next time i see you dead and project blue asks me to rezz you (which it was ME that rezzed you), you better hope for your own sake you aint in a belt drop zone i might get them to accidently kill you and hack you.

You know i thought for a second we could be reasonable about this, i didnt only rezz you i healed and sd'ed you incase they was going to try rezz kill you and this is your thanks. You know what lexx, go screw yourself. My account isnt tied to the clan im in, my account has nothing to do with ncat except my characters are in ncat.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 21:19
you expect me to say "oh thanks for coming and finishing off the destruction of an event that someone in your clan started"? You think I'm going to be oh so happy that the same person who distrupted the pluto event, can get the 2nd event disrupted on Uranus, and again end it badly, ruining everyone elses fun? Well ali, that isnt the way it works, you and your clan came with the express intention of ruining the event, and there has to be repurcussions for what happened, so yes, I'd like to see the people that came to Jerico to ruin the event banned, and I'd like to see NCAT destroyed, cause correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the person we are talking about, the main person in the disruption of two events, is the Clan Leader of NCAT so should take full responsibility for your actions, and your actions are fucking up other peoples games, so grow up and learn that actions have consequences.

JackScratch
17-07-04, 21:19
Thsi entire thread is a bout a breaking of ingame rules and the results of it. This is not an ingame issue. What we are talking about, is the violateiong of theoreticly GM enforced event rules. That is not something to be delt with "ingame" that is something that should be delt with by the GMs. Yes, these were Lexx's plans, but they were plans that were agreed with by, and subject to GM enforcement. Once that happens, violation is no longer an ingame issue. If it is, I will have to carefully re consider my future involvement with KK. Gankers always talk about their actions being within the intended format of the game, yet these people will; still go gank in the A&W cellars, not because the rules set forward around them show it to be in the spirit of the game, but because they can get away with it, because the game mechanics have not been structured properly to preevent it. The Hipochracy I see comeine out of these discusions is enough to make me ill. You know its wrong, I know its wrong, what we are discussing here is, can you gewwt away with it, even though it is clearly wrong. I patiently await the answer to that question.

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 21:20
It's unreasonable to expect that I or anyone else should be expected to be available 24x7.

True but your not the only GM and the event was advertised well in advance maybe if KK introduce a way to apply for a GM to be present at player run events?Somebody should of been there especially with the presicident set the night before.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 21:25
True but your not the only GM and the event was advertised well in advance maybe if KK introduce a way to apply for a GM to be present at player run events?Somebody should of been there especially with the presicident set the night before.

That was my suggestion on the first page, that a GM should be handy at player events, later on Niddy informed us of the new rules that GM's can follow with player events, obviously the new rules didnt work, and the people that screwed up this event, and the person who interfered in 2 events have gotten of with a "HAHAHA FU KK U CANT DO NEFING TO US HA HA FU!"

alig
17-07-04, 21:26
you expect me to say "oh thanks for coming and finishing off the destruction of an event that someone in your clan started"? You think I'm going to be oh so happy that the same person who distrupted the pluto event, can get the 2nd event disrupted on Uranus, and again end it badly, ruining everyone elses fun? Well ali, that isnt the way it works, you and your clan came with the express intention of ruining the event, and there has to be repurcussions for what happened, so yes, I'd like to see the people that came to Jerico to ruin the event banned, and I'd like to see NCAT destroyed, cause correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the person we are talking about, the main person in the disruption of two events, is the Clan Leader of NCAT so should take full responsibility for your actions, and your actions are fucking up other peoples games, so grow up and learn that actions have consequences.

Im playing the game, im playing by the rules just because you dont think its "sporting" to come to a PLAYER EVENT and kill you because you first killed one of us for whatever reason is wrong then you need to grow up too.

I would _NEVER_ come to a GM's event and break the rules because their are RULES at GM event's. Your just not happy and the only way you can gain back some form of happiness is if ncat get banned all of us...well we aint going to get banned for this lame excuse to ban us.

Its not my fault kk dont supply enough juice in this game to keep it fun and we dont ninja hack ops because we personally think its lame so we was bored and if you think im joining in on an event where i get 10fps max with a top of the fucking line pc then your sadly mistaken.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 21:27
ali, go back and read this thread from the start, and when you reach where Niddy said they can now remove people who disrupt player events, or remove them from the game, then you can come back here and say "there are no rules that we broke" there are rules you and your clan broke them

Scikar
17-07-04, 21:28
So ninja hacking is lame but killing everyone at a player event isn't? I can't wait to see your complaints about lame ninja hackers.

alig
17-07-04, 21:30
He said in the "future" so we have'nt broke any rules unless we do it again so your wrong.

Yeah scikar ninja hacking ops is lame but everyone does it to ncat, we think its lame, obviously no one else does, ncat think its fun to kill that event and everyone else does'nt...that makes it 1 - 1 in a sense because we got all our ops ninja hacked the other night.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 21:31
Ali, go read the date this thread was started, the date and time that Niddy made that thread, it was BEFORE the Uranus event, which means, the Uranus event was in the future, which means you and your clan broke the rules :rolleyes:

Scikar
17-07-04, 21:33
Fair enough. Just tell your clan that the next time they come here to complain about things being 'lame' they should remember people apply that tag to many things, and some people apply it to a lot of actions your clan takes part in.

alig
17-07-04, 21:34
Well like another of my arguements on another thread, no one was informed of this except the people that come to the forums and i know most ncat dont come these forums so they was'nt informed of the rule.

Your probably one of them people that likes to play football but make the rules up as you go. Its obviously what this rule has done, it was made up on the spot and no one knew of it so you cant just dictate what goes and what does'nt because you said it on a thread out of game.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 21:37
Read the rest of this thread Alig, I had already informed the person that got your clan involved in the disruption, that it is against the rules now to disrupt the event, which means he knew before the start of the event yet still CHOSE to disrupt the event. And read the other threads, ignorance is no excuse.

JackScratch
17-07-04, 21:39
Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit. He was warned, they were warned, this was intentional, Those in question came with the intent of causeing trouble and used the flimsyest excuse to do so that they could find. There was no purpose of the individuals in question even bheing at this event other than causeing trouble, that is all they care about that is all they do. The whole purpose of each and every one of their actions is to prove that they can do anything they feel like and no one can stop them. This is a game, designed to entertain and all these people care about is preventing others from being entertained. That is all they do, all they believe in. "I am a bad person in game, but a good person out of game" Bullshit, good people do not behave like these people constantly do.

jernau
17-07-04, 21:42
I agree with Lexx's original suggestion - having GMs on standby for recognised player events. There aren't that many player events, I'm sure given notice a Senior GM can be made available for them. He doesn't need to be ingame even - let him liase with the organiser and swap ICQ/MSNs.

I would also like to see a few changes made to help out with events :
1) Zones should have a "moderator" flag like an IRC channel - when set on no-one can speak in ZONE or draw a weapon unless a GM or the organiser lets them. LOCAL and all other channels are still functional.
2) Player events should recieve more official recognition (if not support) on the forums and in-game. Allowing organisers to submit announcements for GMs to put over the admin channel for instance.
3) Events need a better route to KK - FCs are not always available or appropriate.
4) Deliberate and continued disruption of any planned event (player or GM) should be treated as grief-play and dealt with accordingly.

JackScratch
17-07-04, 21:48
Much neede changes that will never happen. It's time to deal with this NOW. The player base is thinning and there is no time for what aught to be done, and game mechanics changes. These problems have existed for too long already, and MUST be delt with. This isn't some issue to be delt with at future events. It has happened, it happened to prove that nothing will be done, and if those in question are correct, we all lose. Most people wont play a game where this kind of thing is allowed, not adults anyway. Not mature individuals who want a relaxing activity to engage in from time to time. The "hard core" are not the player base, they are a cancer, a cancer which must be cut from the community. Well, here is the scalple, what you gonna do?

alig
17-07-04, 21:48
Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit. He was warned, they were warned, this was intentional, Those in question came with the intent of causeing trouble and used the flimsyest excuse to do so that they could find. There was no purpose of the individuals in question even bheing at this event other than causeing trouble, that is all they care about that is all they do. The whole purpose of each and every one of their actions is to prove that they can do anything they feel like and no one can stop them. This is a game, designed to entertain and all these people care about is preventing others from being entertained. That is all they do, all they believe in. "I am a bad person in game, but a good person out of game" Bullshit, good people do not behave like these people constantly do.

Is that so jack? shows how little you know and how much you are hurting over being pk'ed, aww :(

You know, my brother represents this country's royal service, he works in the RAF and has done for 2 years, he is a reposible person in real life as the queen does'nt allow inconciderate bad people to fight for this country. So next time get a clue before you come out with that crock of shit.

JackScratch
17-07-04, 21:49
Wow, a "I know a guy" story, how surpriseing.

alig
17-07-04, 21:50
Nah its a "i know my family and their jobs" and ask anyone that knows my brother, infact ask doc holiday, hes in this thread atm and he knows.

It was you jack who i trying to persuade that this game is a pvp game but you would have none of it. Your wrong about the game and your wrong with your post.

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 21:51
You know, my brother represents this country's royal service, he works in the RAF and has done for 2 years, he is a reposible person in real life as the queen does'nt allow inconciderate bad people to fight for this country.

Haha tells you how little you know of your own history.

JackScratch
17-07-04, 21:51
perhaps you don't understand the relevence of an "I know a guy" story, or what the term means. Hows this, "testamony is anecdotal and irrelevent". Better?

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 21:52
ali, just because your are in the armed forces does *not* make you a good and nice person, recent world events have proven that, and acting like a complete wanker in game ruining other peoples fun isnt responsible, its irresponsible and condemmed by the mature community who abhor this kind of behaviour and want to play the game without worrying that some fucktards going to spoil their fun

alig
17-07-04, 21:56
Fucking hell. This is an MMORPG jesus fucking christ. I roleplay my characters very well...i keep track of all my enemies and i never let them get free, im probably a better roleplayer than you because i dont just "switch on/off" when it suits. :lol:

What i do in a game has jack fucking shit to do with my real life character so dont even go there.

Doc Holliday
If u lie with dogs u get fleas. aint that the saying. do ncat have some kind of asshole requirment or what because u certainly trained hard at it ali with some of the stuff your posting. yes Jack his brother is in the raf over here in the uk and yes hes a sound guy. one of possibly 2 or 3 i can really say they have in ncat. ali your not painting a good picture here at all. [ edited ]

The TG clan on uranus is far worse than that old crahn clan i was in some time ago. there was shit caused at the last player run event i participated in. so much so i walked out and it helped my decision to quit for a while. doy is whats bringing me back but rants like this do not facilitate a long stay. its fucking pathetic that a bunch of fuckwits have to come and spoil a players event. the games server counts have dwindled over the last few months. stuff like this means its only gonna get worse.

Nidhogg
Take the arguments to PMs. This thread is on final notice - just because we're allowing discussion of in-game matters does not mean we're abandoning the forum rules.

N

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 21:59
Niddy, whilst your here (as always, stalker :p) do you know if KK are looking into what happened at this event, or if they are just sayin "meh"?

Nidhogg
17-07-04, 22:05
KK can only act on evidence submitted to abuse@neocron.com unless it is directly witnessed by a GM and even then it has to be processed through the same channel.

N

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 22:07
KK can only act on evidence submitted to abuse@neocron.com unless it is directly witnessed by a GM and even then it has to be processed through the same channel.

N

So otherwise player run events can be fucked up at will by anybody who wants to?

alig
If u lie with dogs u get fleas. aint that the saying. do ncat have some kind of asshole requirment or what because u certainly trained hard at it ali with some of the stuff your posting. yes Jack his brother is in the raf over here in the uk and yes hes a sound guy. one of possibly 2 or 3 i can really say they have in ncat. ali your not painting a good picture here at all. what the fuck changed with you? you joined an asshole clan and seemingly are turning in to one.

The TG clan on uranus is far worse than that old crahn clan i was in some time ago. there was shit caused at the last player run event i participated in. so much so i walked out and it helped my decision to quit for a while. doy is whats bringing me back but rants like this do not facilitate a long stay. its fucking pathetic that a bunch of fuckwits have to come and spoil a players event. the games server counts have dwindled over the last few months. stuff like this means its only gonna get worse.

NCAT are the best clan on uranus. I cannot put that anymore simple, just because we do things you dont like doesnt fucking mean were arseholes.

No ones likes us because they simply cannot kill us when we are together..its a great laugh in this clan, some top quality geezers in ncat.

They do things for eachother, they will work together to get you things, go tell me another clan that gives you a DS while your still BD? ok then. I went to pk the event ppl because they pk'ed slut.

This game will become neocron : beyond dome of The Sims. Carebears overunning. Everyone is out to get ncat now because you simply "do not like us" yet you dont even know us. Do you see ncat planting turrets inside boxes at op wars? do you see ncat planting turrets next to NPC's at op wars? NO. So what makes us so bad apart from this event thing that your all crying over? We pk'ed you? you tried to kill us? you died several times from us? it must be something like that because you all obviously have a grudge against us for something other than this event so if you do fucking say it.

Lexxuk
so if the recordings of the disruption could be sent to KK, well, except for the email limits and the size of it? Anyhow, are KK looking into ways to prevent this type of stuff from again happening to protect other players events?

/edit - at above - *yawn* it took an APU a SPY and a PE with termi to stop my unbuffed PE at half health taking down the PE, so if thats the "best" you have to offer, i suggest you try www.thesimsonline.com :rolleyes:

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 22:11
go tell me another clan that gives you a DS while your still BD? .

Just so everyone knows moofausa was in ncat and we all know what he did and why he isnt about anymore.

alig
17-07-04, 22:13
Just so everyone knows moofausa was in ncat and we all know what he did and why he isnt about anymore.

Nope. Fraid we dont all know because i dont know.

If you want to start naming banned people i will go find out one from every faction thats been banned on every server.

Mr_Snow
17-07-04, 22:21
Go ahead it would be interesting to see the list because nobody else has been able to get the list from KK.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 22:27
All this thread has shown so far is some peoples total lack of self control when it comes to players events, a total lack of care and a "we dont give a fuck attitude, kk wont touch us". Too many people think that interfering with an event is alright, thats its "role play, how we play the game, sod how you want to play the game". Thats why KK needs to stamp down hard, to remove this attitude.

Celt
17-07-04, 22:47
It is impossible for people to completely seperate persona's without being a schizophrenic.

It is impossible to roleplay completely and leave everything but that character out of that.

How you play your char reflects on you, and vice versa.

alig, you are what you are, and anyone can see what that is from this thread.

Doc Holliday
17-07-04, 23:48
ali if u cant admit how completely rediculous that statement u made is about goin to help slutsumi cos he got pked is then there really is no point in continueing the discussion. all this eye for an eye crap is whats killing the game. u know full well if your honest he went to the event to cause trouble. its been proved. u go along to "avenge" his pking which makes u just as bad as he is. period. whether your really all a good bunch of guys or not your actions dictate otherwise. peoples reps count for alot in this world in game and out of it both.

society views people by what they do and what they say, people are percieved in lots of different lights by lots of different people. how ever theres no smoke without fire is there. NCAT have a bad reputation on uranus. they have done long before u joined. We all know why. If my opinion means jack shit anymore then you made a bad decision joining them and u should expect to get tarred with the same crap they do. people hate them for a reason. it goes way beyond the stuff u mentioned. everyone resorts to lame tactics. theres plenty more to it than that which it appears to me u either cant or wont admit yourself but u know its true.

as i said if u lie with dogs u will get fleas.

JackScratch
18-07-04, 04:02
Bad people can do good things, but good people dont do bad things. Honor requires eternal vigilance. You will be judged by your actions, all of your actions, not just most of your actions, not just some of your actions, all of your actions. If you are mostly a good guy and you do some shity things , then you are not a good guy, you are an asshole, you are an inconsiderate prick.

Carebear is used as an insult in this and other things. You take the representation of a cartoon used to teach very young children the difference between right and wrong. Anyone who uses this word as an insult was clearly failed by the cartoon and their parrents as a child.

I have said it before and it bares repeating, this game should be enjoyable by everyone who pays their monthly. It is absurd to me that I should find a game, every aspect of which I enjoy,with the exception of a part of the populous' behavior and the enforcement of such behaviour by the games faculty. I like very single aspect of this game. I even like PvP, Im not good at it, but I like it. I like the possibilty of fighting against others over opps, opinion, honor, or even just for fun. I like the trade system, as is. I like the potential but unrealised politics. I consider this game as near as perfect for my entertainment as I have ever seen. And yet there are people like the ones in question, and the management who refuse to attend to them. I should go play another game, because a small few can not, will not behave? Because animals who are only happy, when dispoiling rule the game? Because parrents have failed their children, and because you say I should? I was in denile for a time, but a few posts here have shown me that this is aparently the way even the staff want it, but I have also seen that I am no where near alone, that their are others who feel as I do, many others, and perhaps many more just waiting to return, waiting for things to change.

IRL, in game, your behaviour is who you are, and you will refuse that till it comes to your door step, whatever, you be who you have to be. But if you can not recognise that this very arguements existance is the proof that you are wrong, then there is no further point to argueing with you, but I will not stop fighting, because I know that there is no where you and your kind will go, you look to dispoil every environment that you find. You feel that all others exist to serve for your amusement. I could go to carebears, or sims, or anywhere else, but your type would be there, doing what you always do. So I will make my stand here, I will fight you here, and I dont mean PvP, I will gather support, and support others, we will protest and complain, and politic until something is done about the problem.

Candaman
18-07-04, 04:21
I think this sums up some people's opinion

[ edited ]

JackScratch
18-07-04, 05:01
I saw that edit comeing. send that picture to abuse canda.

SorkZmok
18-07-04, 06:56
Bad people can do good things, but good people dont do bad things. Honor requires eternal vigilance. You will be judged by your actions, all of your actions, not just most of your actions, not just some of your actions, all of your actions. If you are mostly a good guy and you do some shity things , then you are not a good guy, you are an asshole, you are an inconsiderate prick.

Carebear is used as an insult in this and other things. You take the representation of a cartoon used to teach very young children the difference between right and wrong. Anyone who uses this word as an insult was clearly failed by the cartoon and their parrents as a child.

I have said it before and it bares repeating, this game should be enjoyable by everyone who pays their monthly. It is absurd to me that I should find a game, every aspect of which I enjoy,with the exception of a part of the populous' behavior and the enforcement of such behaviour by the games faculty. I like very single aspect of this game. I even like PvP, Im not good at it, but I like it. I like the possibilty of fighting against others over opps, opinion, honor, or even just for fun. I like the trade system, as is. I like the potential but unrealised politics. I consider this game as near as perfect for my entertainment as I have ever seen. And yet there are people like the ones in question, and the management who refuse to attend to them. I should go play another game, because a small few can not, will not behave? Because animals who are only happy, when dispoiling rule the game? Because parrents have failed their children, and because you say I should? I was in denile for a time, but a few posts here have shown me that this is aparently the way even the staff want it, but I have also seen that I am no where near alone, that their are others who feel as I do, many others, and perhaps many more just waiting to return, waiting for things to change.

IRL, in game, your behaviour is who you are, and you will refuse that till it comes to your door step, whatever, you be who you have to be. But if you can not recognise that this very arguements existance is the proof that you are wrong, then there is no further point to argueing with you, but I will not stop fighting, because I know that there is no where you and your kind will go, you look to dispoil every environment that you find. You feel that all others exist to serve for your amusement. I could go to carebears, or sims, or anywhere else, but your type would be there, doing what you always do. So I will make my stand here, I will fight you here, and I dont mean PvP, I will gather support, and support others, we will protest and complain, and politic until something is done about the problem.You sir, are a sick sick person.
Funny thing is, it looks like you spend more time talking crap about this game than you are actually playing it.

JackScratch
18-07-04, 07:18
After all that, you reach the conclusion that I am a sick person? You will pardon me if your response gives me a crystal clear view of your psyche as well.

hegemonic
18-07-04, 07:18
You need to read what i say..i never send shit to kk to try get people banned but i said that as a threat to anyone that thinks calling me or ncat an outright exploiter with zero evidence.
No one called you an exploiter alig. Those of us on Uranus KNOW who we're referring to.

JackScratch
18-07-04, 22:10
Here is a thought, y\though I may be sorry for haveing it. Does anyone have proof that a GM said this event would be enforced? Something that has the word ban in it would be nice, but hey, anything would be a start. Put it here, put it on abuse@neocron.com, put it somewhere. Im tired of this garbage. Hell even a transcript of what was actualy said, and who said it would be nice.

Morpheous
18-07-04, 22:36
[ edited ]

JackScratch
18-07-04, 22:38
Thx Morpheous, I agree with your feelings, but I bet you just got the thread closed.

Lexxuk
19-07-04, 00:21
What was said was in this thread, pages ago, and until KK do something about it, it will carry on as it is now with people fucking up events just cause they can do coz "KK wont do nuffin".

But I hope that they are wrong and that KK will do something to these lame wankers, get rid of the dicks that will gank the new players who come to NC 24/7 and force them to leave, or in 2 years time the population of NC2 will be lower than it is now, Neocron will only be known as a gankers paradise, just like NC1 is known as (it has one of the worst reputations going for newb ganking)

JackScratch
19-07-04, 07:05
Oh, I have been given a clear message here. I think I should have understood it long ago. KK wants a "Gritty" environment. Not a "Fun" environment, or a "chalengeing" environment. They want the chips to fall where they may, this is both irresponsible and a poor business plan. But it's not my game, is it?

I just feel kinda ..... Lied to.

Scikar
19-07-04, 13:48
Oh, I have been given a clear message here. I think I should have understood it long ago. KK wants a "Gritty" environment. Not a "Fun" environment, or a "chalengeing" environment. They want the chips to fall where they may, this is both irresponsible and a poor business plan. But it's not my game, is it?

I just feel kinda ..... Lied to.
Lied to? It's not like KK ever promised to make the game how you envision it.

For curiosity's sake I made a post about this subject on a forum frequented by a certain clan notorious for this sort of thing. Most of the replies lead me to agree - that hired mercs/guards are the way to go. Unfortunately, most there also realised that current server populations are not really high enough to make that viable. Generally though I have to say I prefer the idea of players taking matters into their own hands and policing the community themselves. That is something KK intended for, MJS raises it in several of his posts. But while server populations are so low I think GM support is needed and justified.

EDIT: That first statement sounds a bit... hostile. Not intended. What I mean is, KK did always say they wanted the game to be fairly 'loose' and let players take control rather than regulate everything with game mechanics.

garyu69
19-07-04, 14:19
I do think it is a shame that some people come to an event just to ruin it :( but i think the only thing that we can do is request a GM for help a while in advance so that they know what you are planning and that the may then be able to have someone free.

Also throw a bit of RP in, hire the Mercs for security.

I know my event wasn't large scale but i hired in some Mercs as security for the event just in case. It was nice to RP that too.

Hopefully those hosting events will not be put off and will keep on hosting in the future.

I know i plan to still :)

{MD}GeistDamnit
19-07-04, 14:32
The only way that disruption at player events and GM events is going to stop, is if KK start to take positive action. On Pluto, just moving him away would have surficed. On Uranus, the whole clan got involved in destroying the event (and making is so I'm not doing the Event on Saturn now, nor any event ever again), so their punishment should be either temp bans for the clan, or the deletion of the clan or both, I'd prefer the last option.

you know, I'm in that clan. of which name you have named, which you shouldent have. but anyway I wasent at the event, and just cause your mad your event got ruined, does not give you the right to judge the whole clan or demand it disband/ be banned. that's just wrong.

Mr_Snow
19-07-04, 15:01
you know, I'm in that clan. of which name you have named, which you shouldent have. but anyway I wasent at the event, and just cause your mad your event got ruined, does not give you the right to judge the whole clan or demand it disband/ be banned. that's just wrong.

What about the people who have been scammed by your clan or have teamed members of your clan in caves in good faith only to be wiped out and their belts taken and other lame stuff that takes advantage of the game mechanics just for the sake of being wankers?

Geist your a fairly sound guy and one of the few that I can still stand in that clan but you have to accept that there is unacceptable behaviour in online games as there is in real life and the vast majority of your clan behave unacceptably as shown by the event.

{MD}GeistDamnit
19-07-04, 15:24
What about the people who have been scammed by your clan or have teamed members of your clan in caves in good faith only to be wiped out and their belts taken and other lame stuff that takes advantage of the game mechanics just for the sake of being wankers?

Geist your a fairly sound guy and one of the few that I can still stand in that clan but you have to accept that there is unacceptable behaviour in online games as there is in real life and the vast majority of your clan behave unacceptably as shown by the event.

It's my firm belief there is a reason for everything. I actually dident hear about this "event" till today, and I havent spoken to anyone on vent either so I dont know their side of the story. I'm sorry I like lexx, he don't seem like a liar or a bad guy and was never nasty with me, but I think there is more behind this whole thing. One thing I picked up here from reading and I believe it's 100% true, is that people believe "we" are soooooooo evil, and make whales out of guppys with the "ganking" and such. I know for 100% sure none of my clan exploit, and I know they arent the "thieves/bastards" everyone makes them out to be.

Mr_Snow
19-07-04, 15:36
A quick recap for you then Geist, on the pluto dueling event your clan leader showed up started buffing combatants dbing people and parashocking fighters and cameraman just to act the prick, he then came to the uranus event the next night on sluts PE and started pricking about again and was killed for it and then he logged to his ppu and came and ganked then 8 or so people there with whoever was on in your clan and then one of them had the cheek to tell me that they were just attacking the op and that the people at the cage were defending the op and then proceeded to hack the op and when the LEd cameramen came into the op they planted turrets to kill them, and oh they res killed my TG ppu because I told them they were acting like arse bandits, I know the truth hurts but res killing your own faction was uncalled for.

{MD}GeistDamnit
19-07-04, 15:47
Yes but "why" would they do sutch things? Everyone here has their way of dealing with the boredom of theese servers, I honestly rather see players rp "assholes" than quit. I am sure that stunt gave at least a few people a reason to keep playing nc because they wanna kill him. Personally I wouldent have done what he did without some sort of deeper reason, but like I said I havent asked him why he did it. Maybe it was "cause I can" but you know what? To me that is how he wants to play the game. The only thing stopping him from doing that is as simple as killing him.

Now what I think, but this is not personally directed at you snow, or anyone for that matter, is that people here are more mad that they all died. I mean come on, everyone here swears that "N---" is so evil, you dident expect them to come back after their leader was killed? I dont wanna hear excuses "oh we were unbuffed and not ready then they ganked us" because common sence woulda dictated that you prepare for him to retaliate. Simple and plain they cleaned house after he died and that is what is pissing most ppl off. Cause if your gonna have an event anywhere it is stupid of anyone to not be prepaired, and some people will attack and try to ruin events, that's how some people play.

Scikar
19-07-04, 15:53
Tha all depends Geist. If someone in my clan gets killed, I find out exactly what's going on before I start taking action. Otherwise, one guy being an asshole makes the rest of his clan assholes too for defending him, even though they did it with the best of intentions.

Ask Lexxuk to PM you the chatlog from before the event. It's not 100% reliable evidence, but you'll see that there wasn't much justification for it.

If people want to RP assholes, fine. But people who are RPing assholes don't say things like "The GMs can't do shit to me."

Lexxuk
19-07-04, 15:58
The fact is MD, that the person in question came to the event with the sole intention of disrupting it, had a GM been present at the time, said person would have been removed by a GM.

Now, afterwards I was accused of being "biased" against your clan, but tbh, I'd never heard of your clan, cept for a mention on the Furious Angel forums, and the 2nd person I saw from your clan was Project Blue, who *used* to be a mate, but after the actions of that clan in general, I have 0 respect and 0 tollerance of that clan and any people in that clan.

For the Pluto clan that said person is in, I have a huge amount of respect for (I've always had some respect for them, they are one of the older clans now) but that clan took positive action against the fuckwit, the Uranus one? Well, naturally they defend their actions with lame excuses and "omg everyone hates us and is anti us and is biased against us" and you know what, your right, and its because of the actions of your clan that people think your nothing but a bunch of 12 year old AOL kiddies, actions speak for themselves.

{MD}GeistDamnit
19-07-04, 15:59
hmm, well "the gm's cant do shit to me" could mean "im not exploiting or saying homo/racest stuff so I can do as I please" as it should be. He disrupted an event for some alterier motive of his own. If I had been there it would be simple for me, clan mate dies I go, I dont ask anything more than "who did it?" if it's a friend of mine that did it I will ask "why" that's about it. People are looking for any reason to gank/kill nowadays and you all know how boring it is here now. If anyone wants to kos me or my clan, more fun for me... it's the only reason I play the game, and the main reason I joined n---. They are the only PK clan on uranus.

@ lexx, see that's the mindset I'm talking about, why are people "aol kiddies" if they like to pk and be bastards? Is there something wrong with you having more people to kill? I'm sure you have plans for us this week, what elce would you be doing in nc? hunting firemobs? now you have a new event, attack all of us on sight.

SorkZmok
19-07-04, 16:05
hmm, well "the gm's cant do shit to me" could mean "im not exploiting or saying homo/racest stuff so I can do as I please" as it should be. Stop making up excuses. There are none. He came to the event, told us "GMs cant do shit to me, im gonna ruin every event i want" and shit like that. And then he did.

Thats not RP, thats being an asshole ruining other peoples fun.

Lexxuk
19-07-04, 16:06
@ lexx, see that's the mindset I'm talking about, why are people "aol kiddies" if they like to pk and be bastards? Is there something wrong with you having more people to kill? I'm sure you have plans for us this week, what elce would you be doing in nc? hunting firemobs? now you have a new event, attack all of us on sight.

Its the mindset that states "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and looks like a duck, its a duck" ergo, your clan is full of 12 year old AOL kiddies. As for "future" NC events? No, I'm never holding another NC event ever again simply due to the actions of 1 fuckwit, and your clan.

What do I do in Neocron? The same thing I've done for the past 2 years, socialise, have fun, and sometimes have a fight.

{MD}GeistDamnit
19-07-04, 16:13
Its the mindset that states "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and looks like a duck, its a duck" ergo, your clan is full of 12 year old AOL kiddies. As for "future" NC events? No, I'm never holding another NC event ever again simply due to the actions of 1 fuckwit, and your clan.

What do I do in Neocron? The same thing I've done for the past 2 years, socialise, have fun, and sometimes have a fight.

well honestly now, I would take that as a personal insult, anyone who knows me well knows I'm no "duck" dont smell like one either or even act like one. 8|

but then again that's not a good arguement it's just a lame quote that simply avoids what I said prior, you personally dont play NC the way they do, or the way I do. you "scocialize have fun and sometimes fight" well I scocalize here on the forums or on proper irc :p and I play NC to Fight only, does that make me a bad man? They play NC to piss you and others off, does that make them bad? what would NC do without people to hate or hold grudges against or PK? A chat that cost you 10 bucks a month that's what ;)

Mr_Snow
19-07-04, 16:14
Geist it may of given some people a reason to keep playing but it gave me and others a reason never to log onto uranus again and since I used to classify that as my home server its depressing and I dont honestly give a shit that my ppu died because he pokes had no rare imps and I dont play him anymore even if he did.

And the fact that less people are now willing to log onto uranus bites you in the ass because there are now less people to fight with and against at op wars or generally fight in pp nf or the wastes.

I dont care about pked I doubt lexx or many of the others do as everyone is basically used to it as everyone there were veterans of the game but it means that one less fun event will now be organised on uranus and more people will be bored and more will leave.

Oh and I fully expected your leader and some cronies to come back but I was disappointed at some of the people that came with him and they have now been marked off of my friends in your clan and the sound people in your clan and I now regret defending one of them on the in game boards too.

If you and your clan dont realise the self destructive nature of how you play there is nothing I can do to make you realise it.

applejuice
19-07-04, 16:15

witouth trying to involve in this specific situation wich i dont know alot about i yust wanted to say that if scamming and beltstealing, being a lamer in general etc was illegal then i think alot of clans should be wiped out all togheter, an old TG clan on saturn pops into mind and a pretty recently disbanded black dragon clan on saturn also had the same kind of "fun" ...

luckely lots have left allready, been banned or yust playing the prick somewhere else ... noobs

Lexxuk
19-07-04, 16:19
MD, your argument is flawed. If people played the game to exploit, that would be alright cause its *how they want to play the game!* how about if people played the game just to constantly gank /2 runners, the new players that come into the game just to make them leave the game, that would be ok? Or how about people who want to come and fuck up an event, just to ruin other peoples fun, thats ok?

Well, no its not, the first is against the rules, the 2nd would be considred grief play, the 3rd is also against the rules, so no, none of the above are acceptable to anyone.

As for the duck statement, I'll clarify it "if it talks like a 12 year old AOL'er and acts like a 12 year old AOLer then it is a 12 year old AOL'er" and as your clan seems to have the first two down to spec, one can only judge that they are 12 year old AOL'ers.

ezza
19-07-04, 16:21
witouth trying to involve in this specific situation wich i dont know alot about i yust wanted to say that if scamming and beltstealing, being a lamer in general etc was illegal then i think alot of clans should be wiped out all togheter, an old TG clan on saturn pops into mind and a pretty recently disbanded black dragon clan on saturn also had the same kind of "fun" ...

luckely lots have left allready, been banned or yust playing the prick somewhere else ... noobs
well the said BD clan is still there just under a diffrent name and minus a few banned or quit players

{MD}GeistDamnit
19-07-04, 16:22
yeah snow that is true, it will make trouble. But I seriously doubt many people will leave NOW after all the shit they put up with so far in this game, not from players but just in general, not logging into uranus seems like a bit of a stretch, I mean what does that solve? I will be damned if I ever let someones actions force me to leave where I play. and anyone who would or has left because of sutch an incident, well lets just say that is not what I would consider of strong will/character. I say you show them your hatred and anger at this intrusion of your event by kosing them as much as you can, anything less they just win :/

@ lexx, oh well no love lost. :(

but honestly your argument is flawed, killing a 0/2 is premitted, hacking has nothing to do with this discussion and is base for any ban on any game so that's a moot point, and fucking up someone's event weather punishable or not is all dependant on how far that player is willing to go with what they do, if a GM places em in a "time out" room, or if they get a temp ban.

Jest
19-07-04, 16:24
I think mainly people are failing to see a distinction on how to act during certain events. The way I see it there is absolutely no reason to kill people at a non-RP event (most player events are non-RP). Events like Lexx had where every one comes together regardless of faction, or events where the GMs have a party for the server, those are not RP. The people who attack those are doing so simply because of a large amount of unprepared targets or often at the dueling events, they get their ego hurt or can't leave grudges at the door. They end up f*ing up the event and add nothing to the game.

But I do think there is a time and a place to attack at an event. I'm BD and during the Reza Celebration Week on Pluto, we decided we were going to try and get to Art Jepherson through his assistant Josh Dabbs (the CA FC). So we were going to try and kidnap him. We were going to jump him at Jeriko but some people attacked us where we were hiding so it sorta jumped the gun on the plan. The fighting got out of hand and then the GM started spawning CA guards and Copbots (which was totally fine). But the point is people were getting really mad at us (just like they did when we helped the DoY bots invading NC). Thats bs. There is a time and a place for PvP at RP events. Please don't think we have to put our PvP boots on the shelf for events.

And btw we did end up later kidnapping Dabbs by luring him into the Outzone and dragging him into an OZ apartment. We got lots of dirt on Art Jepherson. And lets just say Dabbs is missing an eye and has several mashed toes. It was awesome. ;)

Mr_Snow
19-07-04, 16:27
Most of my friends on uranus had left anyway and since I now have 2 less I now have less reason to bother and whats the point of fighting them unclanned and there are no clans I either want to join or are willing to join because of some of their current members, when I did log on to uranus I generally hung about plaza talking on OOC and generally being bored, I might consider coming back with DoY if the ronins get up and running again but I doubt it.

Darth Slayer
19-07-04, 18:51

ROFLMAO it's ALWAYS someones elses fault with u lot ain't it.
Jeez give me a break.

Darth Slayer
19-07-04, 18:59
yeah snow that is true, it will make trouble. But I seriously doubt many people will leave NOW after all the shit they put up with so far in this game, not from players but just in general, not logging into uranus seems like a bit of a stretch, I mean what does that solve? I will be damned if I ever let someones actions force me to leave where I play. and anyone who would or has left because of sutch an incident, well lets just say that is not what I would consider of strong will/character. I say you show them your hatred and anger at this intrusion of your event by kosing them as much as you can, anything less they just win :/

I consdier Snow as Well as Myself to be strongwilled and have loads of character as well as most ppl who post on these forums and are not members of your clan. In fact I'd think you'd have to look outside your clan for ppl with Strong will and Character. I could say more but I'll prolly get banned.... :mad:

Scorpius.

fatwreck
19-07-04, 19:09
ROFLMAO it's ALWAYS someones elses fault with u lot ain't it.
Jeez give me a break.

well, it sounds like instead of complaining that they got a team together and came back for revenge.

Scikar
19-07-04, 19:12
hmm, well "the gm's cant do shit to me" could mean "im not exploiting or saying homo/racest stuff so I can do as I please" as it should be. He disrupted an event for some alterier motive of his own. If I had been there it would be simple for me, clan mate dies I go, I dont ask anything more than "who did it?" if it's a friend of mine that did it I will ask "why" that's about it. People are looking for any reason to gank/kill nowadays and you all know how boring it is here now. If anyone wants to kos me or my clan, more fun for me... it's the only reason I play the game, and the main reason I joined n---. They are the only PK clan on uranus.

This is the reason why people think you're assholes then. I wasn't there, but everything I've seen so far shows that this person was acting like a prick. As Jest says, it wasn't an RP event, people from all factions were there for a PvP tournament. There's no reason to screw it up other than to be an asshole. Even Cartel didn't screw up PvP tournaments on Saturn, they joined in, and ZoneseeK even won the last tournament that I can remember. You want an excuse for PvP, and prove how good you are? That's what this kind of tournament is for. But a certain person in your clan ruined it. Not because Lexx slagged him off, or someone killed him when they shouldn't have. He ruined it, by his own words, "Because I can." After breaking up fights and being a prick, he was killed. Next thing, your clan comes along in force and kills everyone. Look at it from the point of view of anyone at the tournament. How can anyone not think your clan is a clan of assholes?

Now if that's the way you want to play, and what you and alig both say suggests that it is, just kill everyone first regardless if the clan members who died deserved it, then you will be considered assholes by the rest of the server. So be prepared to accept that.

JackScratch
19-07-04, 22:01
Geist, what are you doing? You have to know the truth, if you know the people in question. This can't be a surprise. You have to have seen evedense of this before. I dont know you, I dont know anything about you. But I do know what you bare defending here, and it isn't a one time special circumstance situation. This is career misbehaviour. This was an active attempt to create the kind of unrest that it has created, this was an active effort to push out the boundries, see what could be gotten away with. Well we all now know what will and will not be enforced, but don't piss on me and tell me it's raining.

This was a clear case of saying "I can get away with murder, and I shall prove it by murdering this person." Then, in front of multiple credible witnesses murdering them. Getting away with it proves they were right, but not that it didn't happen that way. Getting away with it also doesnt invalidate calling them a murderer.

alig
19-07-04, 22:19
This thread still fucking going on, christ.

Even the first time i ever got pk'ed i was'nt this pissed of to still be crying about it after 3 days.

Jesus give up and jack, you dont even support pvp...you want a payable chat room with constructors so your side to anything pvp based means nothing to me, the other pk'er over there or ncat.

@ Darth, well yeah i point the finger at you because its what i was told happened, its what i thought happened and its why i went there to kill you all. The only rule forbidding what we did was stated in this thread as a limited rule by nidhogg...dude ive read the rule after we killed you...i dont come looking in a "Support for Player Events" thread expecting to find the games rules so dont even try fucking pin that on ncat.

You died, so what? your probably poked now but you can't let it go can you? you need to drag it out and try your very best pesuading KK to ban us, well it has'nt happened and if they really was going to ban us like you all seem to think they will they would of done it by now so do one, let the thread die and stop crying...if you want revenge you know what the clan is called so go try kill them. Good luck :lol:

OH AND MODS, IM NOT STARTING A NEW THREAD FOR THIS : PIN THE STICKY THREAD WITH THE SO CALLED "IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS" THAT HAVE THE RULES ON

JackScratch
19-07-04, 23:52
Glad to see you are still studying that mind reading alig, still way off, but keep trying, Im sure youll get it eventualy. How is it that all of those are what I want? How am I against PvP? Hell, I participated in the event in question, I did poorly, but I was their, I fought. Is it like the Gankers mantra, "All who disagree with me are Carebears, all who disagree with me are Carebears."? You dont actualy listen to anything I say, and you want to tell everyone how I feel? Well just dont, dont even, you dont knopw shit about me, you wont listen, so don't.

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-07-04, 00:16
Geist, what are you doing? You have to know the truth, if you know the people in question. This can't be a surprise. You have to have seen evedense of this before. I dont know you, I dont know anything about you. But I do know what you bare defending here, and it isn't a one time special circumstance situation. This is career misbehaviour. This was an active attempt to create the kind of unrest that it has created, this was an active effort to push out the boundries, see what could be gotten away with. Well we all now know what will and will not be enforced, but don't piss on me and tell me it's raining.

This was a clear case of saying "I can get away with murder, and I shall prove it by murdering this person." Then, in front of multiple credible witnesses murdering them. Getting away with it proves they were right, but not that it didn't happen that way. Getting away with it also doesnt invalidate calling them a murderer.

see I think everyones missing the point I'm trying to make. I don't fully agree with what happened, and since I wasent there. I am looking at the situation from a neutral point of view. The man/kid in question did it because he can yes, but what is wrong with that? Your playing a game based on PvP and the fact that this world and the world of NC is full of scumbags is just reality. This is not the first event someone "fucked up", I remember chyna's event where she stole everyones rares, THAT'S WORSE than what this person did, but was there a 10 page thread crying about it ? no.

I would like to hear what KK think of this as a whole, should events be some sort of "special" acception to the games normal rules? Should nobody be allowed to kill people at an event? Because i sure as hell remember events where pkers killed people at KK held events. The thing that was done, to me does not sound wrong simply because this is how some people wanna play, but if KK say it's not allowed then they will change the rules to apply to this kind of situation. Bottom line is him and the others who came should have been handled by the people at the event, I think the fact they couldent handle it, is what hurts more.

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 00:20
Alig do you think this is because we are pissed at being killed? We have all been around long enough to know that being killed happens and it matter little.

The reason we are keeping this thread alive is because we actually want to either organise events without lamers fucking them up or attend them without lamers coming along and ruining it, basically we want to have fun without it being ruined by a minority.

The way you gone alig you would swear that this was an isolated incident, its not, not only did you clan leader fuck up the event on pluto the night before but your clan also fucked up the previous fight night that was organised by Xantor who is also not bothering his arse to organise the event anymore.

So your clan and its leaders manage to get a multi server event cancelled and a purely uranus event cancelled, I would say I hope your proud but I already know that fucking up others time and effort makes you proud.

Lexxuk
20-07-04, 00:33
MD, you are right, GM events were disrupted, so Snowcrash made a sticky saying it will no longer be tollerated. In this post Nidhogg made a sticky saying it is against the rules to disrupt Player events. A person going to two events to cause disruption because "he can" is bullshit, and bringing a clan to do his dirty work, well, that just proves how lame he is, dont it?

Btw, you should find out the history of your clan, how and why it is called what its called (clue, your leader wasnt good enough to get into the original clan on Pluto, so made one on Uranus)

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-07-04, 00:49
MD, you are right, GM events were disrupted, so Snowcrash made a sticky saying it will no longer be tollerated. In this post Nidhogg made a sticky saying it is against the rules to disrupt Player events. A person going to two events to cause disruption because "he can" is bullshit, and bringing a clan to do his dirty work, well, that just proves how lame he is, dont it?

Btw, you should find out the history of your clan, how and why it is called what its called (clue, your leader wasnt good enough to get into the original clan on Pluto, so made one on Uranus)

well now "he can't" it seems so that's solved. I know nothing of pluto, so I can't comment, but if that is true it seems pretty lame to me that he would make a "clone" of the real clan. Also it makes me feel like going to Venus :p

I dunno, I just like PvP and being a "bad guy" in game. maybe I will re think my approach with this game in general :(

JackScratch
20-07-04, 00:49
Im going to have to say that there is a HUGE difference between a player saying an event is safe, and GMs saying they will be enforced. I Kinda expect that crap outa players, though I disagree with it, but out of a GM? As for "Grity Reality", If I wanted that I would walk out my front door, often do. This is a fucking game, ment to be entertaining, I for one am not entertained when I am told, through official channels that the rules are one way, then they are not enforced. I am also not entertained when people are allowed to run wild. I am certainly not entertained when players with a lot more time on their hands than I, prevent me from accomplishing anything in the game. Most importantly I am realy not entertained when people break the rules, simply to prove they can.

Morpheous
20-07-04, 03:08
I do think it is a shame that some people come to an event just to ruin it :( but i think the only thing that we can do is request a GM for help a while in advance so that they know what you are planning and that the may then be able to have someone free.

Also throw a bit of RP in, hire the Mercs for security.

I know my event wasn't large scale but i hired in some Mercs as security for the event just in case. It was nice to RP that too.

Hopefully those hosting events will not be put off and will keep on hosting in the future.

I know i plan to still :)
A GM was notified before the event at all of the PvP tournament events and CIX were hired as security at Fight Night. At all of these, people disrupted the events and nothing was done. Although Nidd did warp the finalists to OZ3 so we could finish the fight (Thx :p)

My point being that it's not that much use, unless KK revise their policy.

Scikar
20-07-04, 03:13
well now "he can't" it seems so that's solved. I know nothing of pluto, so I can't comment, but if that is true it seems pretty lame to me that he would make a "clone" of the real clan. Also it makes me feel like going to Venus :p

I dunno, I just like PvP and being a "bad guy" in game. maybe I will re think my approach with this game in general :(
I know exactly what you mean - someone has to play the bad guy. But there's one place where people should drop that IMO, and that's PvP tournaments. You come along to say a DoY raid on OZ and start killing people, I don't see a problem. If you were TG on Pluto when Jest's clan did their kidnap of the CA FC, and you came along, killed the FC, and then killed all of Jest's clan too, I wouldn't have a problem. It would ruin Jest's day but what do you expect TG to do?

I just wish people could leave their attitudes at the door for PvP tournys so we can see who are really the best PvPers on the server.

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-07-04, 08:04
I know exactly what you mean - someone has to play the bad guy. But there's one place where people should drop that IMO, and that's PvP tournaments. You come along to say a DoY raid on OZ and start killing people, I don't see a problem. If you were TG on Pluto when Jest's clan did their kidnap of the CA FC, and you came along, killed the FC, and then killed all of Jest's clan too, I wouldn't have a problem. It would ruin Jest's day but what do you expect TG to do?

I just wish people could leave their attitudes at the door for PvP tournys so we can see who are really the best PvPers on the server.

I agree 100% , some of you may know that I myself planned a NF event and was pushing for a safe zone in NF building to avoid sutch things as this. I am not the kind of person that get's enjoyment out of fucking up others events. But after hearing S----'s side of this story I am at a point where I will believe my trusted clanm8 and friend above other people. From what he says this wasent about "fucking up someones event" it was a matter on a personal level just as I thought. From what he said to me when I asked him I believe his actions were justified. I would like him to come here and state his case because as of now it has been totally 1 sided.

People can think whatever they want about "us" but I wouldent join a clan of assholes or "hackers" or people that are lame at pvp. they are GREAT pvpers , and there is a lot of jealousy going around. As for things on pluto I also inquired about that and it again is nothing more than he said she said girly laundry talk. I would like to see it proved on either side with real 1 on 1 pvp. If my side lost I would not believe as much as I do in what I am defending, but I tend to believe it would be my m8's on the winning side. If I'm wrong I would just move to venus :p

seraphian
20-07-04, 08:26
Wow, this is the closest thing to a forum holy war I've ever seen in Neocron.

But you know what... I can see exactly why. Someone acted like a complete and utter asshole, and there are still people that insist on defending them dredging up every excuse in the book.

1: If your friend is being an asshat, it's better to tell them to knock it off and end up saving their reputation than to defend them.

2: GMs, KK, can we PLEASE get some form of active event moderation? I've been trying to set up some roleplaying events for a while now, but I'm getting NO support, I'm told that ideas are OK, but no one ever gets back to me, I'm at wits end trying to make this stuff work, but I can't get ANY support, and if I'm sure it's going to turn into a gank-fest with a bunch of newbs trapped like fish in a barrel while capped tanks obliterate them and hack their belts and DM abuse at them, then fuck it.

3: I've e-mailed about a dozen things, each blatent rule abuses like spamming "Spamity Spam Spam" all over trade for 45 minutes on about 6 different alts at various times making trade impossible, discussing exploits (and offering to sell duped items at reduced prices in a "KKs probably going to ban me: Everything must go!" sale) racial, homophobic, sexually graphic and other abusive chat on DM, and on OOC, local and Trade chat. Racial slurs in character names (I don't care if Ms. N-----baiter is from a comedy sketch, it's not appropriate!) and NO ONE has ever been removed from the game... they just keep on doing it (OK that character got deleted, but I know his alt, and the name is marginally better)

4: Can we all agree that we're not going to agree and stop the childish flames?

Pfehh
20-07-04, 08:39
Wow, this thread is still here.

For my part, I would have rezzed Ryoko at the event if I was there.

Then I would've attacked any of their clan when the event was over, and died horribly.

Because that's just how it's supposed to be. If they acted to disrupt the event, they deserved what they got. And if the crowd reacted to that the way they wanted them to, they got what they deserved too.

Perhaps the Brotherhood on Uranus could sponsor a new event soon. If I see Thomas Gentry, I'll look into it.

applejuice
20-07-04, 09:59
well the said BD clan is still there just under a diffrent name and minus a few banned or quit players

1 rotten apple makes a disgrace for the whole basket ...

im happy with the current situation :angel:

ezza
20-07-04, 12:08
1 rotten apple makes a disgrace for the whole basket ...

im happy with the current situation :angel:
ahh come on you know everyone needs a bad guy to point at, to say yup there the bad guys

Lexxuk
20-07-04, 13:37
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
20-07-04, 13:39
That's enough. Lex, no more on this, I mean it.

N

Lexxuk
20-07-04, 13:47
I edited the names so it cant really be harrasment, I've also got the logs of when I was dead, and someone saying how their account was banned, so you have banned players still playing and being able to disrupt an event, so what hope do people who play the game for fun have, when KK cant even keep banned people banned and away from player events?

Freya
20-07-04, 13:56
have you emailed them to abuse@neocron.com Lex?

Lexxuk
20-07-04, 13:59
no, only just found it, all i got is the chat log which i'd saved so it wouldnt get written over.

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-07-04, 14:13
chat logs can be edited even easier than ingame pictures, "lagturn" anyone? Someone can edit a screenie to look like I said "I eat children" or whatever. that proves nothing. it's funny how there are allways 2 sides to a story, but seldom both are told :/

Celt
20-07-04, 14:15
chat logs can be edited even easier than ingame pictures, "lagturn" anyone? Someone can edit a screenie to look like I said "I eat children" or whatever. that proves nothing. it's funny how there are allways 2 sides to a story, but seldom both are told :/lexx has zero reason to lie, he's uninvolved in uranus politics and well respected.

Lexxuk
20-07-04, 14:20
chat logs can be edited even easier than ingame pictures, "lagturn" anyone? Someone can edit a screenie to look like I said "I eat children" or whatever. that proves nothing. it's funny how there are allways 2 sides to a story, but seldom both are told :/

Indeed there always are two sides to a story, but actions speak louder than words, your friend came to the event, I said he was welcome to join in as long as he didnt disrupt the event, so what did he do? Disrupted the event.

As for my chatlog, it stays on my desktop, its not my job to keep KK's house in order.

/edit - looking at the log, its one person who's account was banned whilst being used by another person, both people still play :rolleyes:

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 14:21

Haha already rubbishing anything that could be used to to get anybody in your clan in trouble.

@Nid and Freya what exactly counts as events in abuse cases?

Celt
20-07-04, 14:22
Haha already rubbishing anything that could be used to to get anybody in your clan in trouble.

@Nid and Freya what exactly counts as events in abuse cases?timestamped fraps at max resolution :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
20-07-04, 14:25
As for my chatlog, it stays on my desktop, its not my job to keep KK's house in order.
AFAIK action is being taken against some of the people involved, but your attitude in the quote above is utterly unhelpful - in fact, officially we see this:

1) The people who investigate abuses aren't any the wiser because they don't have your evidence
2) The people who enforce the forum rules are on the brink of banning you for all the rules you broke

Now where's the justice in that?

N

garyu69
20-07-04, 14:29
anyone who uses Neocronlauncher Pro has their chatlog automatically saved which is useful :)

Siygess
20-07-04, 14:30
Seems to me that this whole thing boils down to a lack of respect between players (not characters, players). Now, anyone can choose to play a character who is a bad guy in NC and to achieve that said player could use appropriate methods of being a bad guy (killing who you want, destroying vehicles etc) or inappropriate methods (exploits, harassment etc). I think most people are ok with the first method, even Jack, because this character concept has its place in both Neocron and PvP. It would be nice to see a decline in the number of people using the inappropriate methods, but heck, they're paying to play this game, so they can (and will) play the game they way they want regardless of what we say.. right up until the point they get banned. I can live with that.

What many of us would like to see is a display of common courtesy amongst the players.. something that is generally lacking in the game at the moment. Sure, you might be playing a bad guy, but unless you are happy to stand up and say "hey, I'm actually a sociopathic asshole in real life too!" you know full well that you could get you kicks / revenge / whatever in a few hours time when the event is over and allow the organisers of the player event to see their efforts through. I really, really don't see that there is any excuse not to show some out-of-game decency to your fellow gamers, even if you don't get on with them that well.

Lexxuk
20-07-04, 14:30
There is no justice Niddy, I go out of my way, and give up my own time to try to help the community by providing much needed entertainment which then goes tits up, which means that I stop giving up my time to help the community. I recieved a PM yesterday asking when the event would be held on Saturn, and I had to reply "it wont be, sorry" so where is the justice in Saturn loosing out on the tourny, because of the actions of a few?

Tell you what, I'll email the complete chatlog to abuse, and I'll point out on which line to start reading from, i dont have any screenshots as I was dead at the time.

/edit - sent

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-07-04, 14:43
Indeed there always are two sides to a story, but actions speak louder than words, your friend came to the event, I said he was welcome to join in as long as he didnt disrupt the event, so what did he do? Disrupted the event.

/edit - looking at the log, its one person who's account was banned whilst being used by another person, both people still play :rolleyes:

your contradicting yourself, you said he couldent come earlier because of the pluto event. From what I heard it was disrupted with a reason, not just "cause I can", can you show a series of screenshots from well before he came to the time he came? Does the video show any chat ? Now you speak of people who are "banned" that are still playing, it seems to me your resorting to anything to pay back the person/people who fucked up your event, that is vindictave and no better than the incident in the first place.

if KK banned them and they still were playing it's KK who are the morons. and it has nothing to do with what this is about, sounds like you just want to get even, weather it is a BS claim or just plain ratting the "banned" people in the first place. no screenie is gonna tell KK what they allready have on record.

Lexxuk
20-07-04, 14:47
I posted the chat log before, with names edited out, stating quite clearly that I said he could stay if he didnt disrupt the event. Niddy removed the post for harrasment.

Freya
20-07-04, 14:49
points -----> abuse@neocron.com

Maester Seymour
20-07-04, 14:50
I think its lame how people can deliberately set out to ruin other player’s events. They are supposed to be fun for the whole server to take part in, why ruin it?
Why cant people just put their hostilities and lame tendencies asides for the sake of events? If you ain't interested in the event then don't bloody go.

Being a pk clan and killing every faction you see fit including your allies is one thing, but deliberately setting out to screw up another player’s event and bringing lots of your clan to pk everyone at an event is just fuckin disgraceful imo. It isn’t the first time its happened either, its becoming a reoccurrence.
There is no excuse to go out of your way to ruin an event and it certanly isn't anything to be proud of.
How many more events are gonna get ruined by you people, how many more people are gonna stop doing events cos of you?…. pfft

Lexxuk
20-07-04, 14:53
points -----> abuse@neocron.com

its already been sent off, just hoping I didnt say anything I shouldnt have said, cause knowing my luck I probably did and will end up banned :-/

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-07-04, 14:58
See this is the thing that's wrong, everyone here from uranus hates this particular guy, you all hate the clan. and now you all make it seem like he woke up in the morining and said "ah today is lexx's event, yay now I can go fuck it up" like he has nothing better to do. bottom line is lexx slagged off to him before the whole thing and got a beatin in return. This is what I was told and what I choose to believe. Sure the majority is against me on that belief, but who is this majority? people who have been dealing with beatins from this guy and his clan, over and over and over. so I dont expect much from that :/

Lexxuk
20-07-04, 15:02
You got told wrong, go find the Pluto PVP Tourny thread, I was warned before the Uranus event that it would be disrupted by this person, yet when he came, I said he could take part as long as he didnt disrupt it. If you want to continuing to believe the person who disrupted two events, and came to the events just to disrupt it, thats upto you, personally, I dont care, and I'm fed up of trying to discuss my point with you, cause you cant be bothered to listen.

/edit - I was also advised to ban your clan from the tourny, I chose not to do that and to let anyone who wanted to participate participate. I was told your clan would come and disrupt the event, I chose not to listen, and for having some faith in basic human decency, your clan ends up doing what I was told they would do.

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-07-04, 15:15
Honestly I would like him to come here and address this issue personally, then this shit can finally be put to an end.

Josh Dabbs
20-07-04, 15:22
Allow me to give my personal view on this subject - Jest, I hope you don't mind, but I'll use your little kidnapping thing as an example.

During the DoY raid on the outskirts of the city, I was approached by certain members of BD who wanted to make some kind of a deal. Naturally I declined (entirely in character of course ;)) and a little while later, I was contacted by a young pro-city runner about the location of a Black Dragon drug lab. Right then and there I knew (entirely OOC this time) what was going on, but I could see that they were going to the effort of luring me there - as an FC, I feel I should reward such efforts, so naturally I went along to check out the lab. Lo and behold I was kidnapped, beaten in particularly inventive ways and interrogated. Kirja even stopped by to slap me around a bit, which was nice :D

Now, during this event (which I felt was role-played extremely well by all involved) a number of situations could have arisen:

1. At any point up to the time I was shoved into the apartment, I could have contacted City Admin runners and requested backup. I couldn't say for sure what the outcome of this would have been, but it would have made Jest's event a lot more difficult, and perhaps ruined it all together.

2. At any point during the entire event, I could have contacted one of the other BD-hating FC's (the Tsunami FC, for instance) and you can guarantee that TS would be only too happy to show up. Again, the outcome couldn't really be determined but the event would have been ruined for the BD people involved. I would consider this acceptable if it was an event organised by myself or another FC, but not for a player event. The reason for this is that in any event where there is confrontation of a player vs player nature, I think both sides should get a fair shot at "winning".. normally this would be achieved by balancing the number of people involved in an event, but with a player event its hard to do that.

3. At any point during the entire event, we could have been attacked by just about anyone (well this is Pluto we're talking about). I think the BD involved would have been able to cope with this, and I doubt Jest or any of the others involved would have said "leave us alone we're doing an event" but should a faction allied to BD show up and start attacking them I feel they would have been justified in saying this - and I would have backed them up by DM'ing the people attacking and asking them to stop.

4. Someone could have come into the apartment during the interrogation to disrupt it (perhaps a daft member of the Mirrorshades clan or someone who exploited their way in to the apt.) I would have DM'ed them immediately and asked them to leave immediately.. They would be unable to achieve anything (since the apt was a safezone) but they would have ruined the RP, and that’s what the event (and an FC) is all about.

In short, I appreciate that setting up and running an event is often difficult and time consuming, and I take my hat off to any player who is prepared to run their own event. It has long been the case that disrupting a GM event is against the rules, and should a runner, clan or faction disrupt an event I had involvement in, they'd only be hurting themselves as I'd feel less inclined to help with (or write) events that involved the faction / clan in question.

Now that disrupting player events is against the rules too (unless I've misunderstood something) I hope that we can find a way of keeping things under control so you guys can run your events without any trouble.

SorkZmok
20-07-04, 15:51
The man/kid in question did it because he can yes, but what is wrong with that?

From what I heard it was disrupted with a reason, not just "cause I can"[...]

Interesting. o_O

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-07-04, 16:20
Interesting. o_O

haha dont read much do you? I said in the same page that I had not talked to him so I dident know, I was speculating from what people said here, once I did talk to him I found there was reason so there is that second quote you posted. dont try to catch me in a contradiction it aint gonna happen :/

20-07-04, 16:25
This is, unfortunately, a side effect of the uncontrolled/unregulated PvP system that so many people lova about NC (this does not reflect my personal opinion)

I've seen this kind of problem in every MMORPG I've played, even if the disruptor cant physically effect anything to do with the event (for example if it was in a non-combat zone) there are still things that a player of said mindset can do to distrupt an event

The point I'm trying to make is this - as long as events are public and publically accessible, they are open to distruption to anyone who wants to. Making a zone safe (for example) simply reduces the number of ways an event can be distrupted (an RP event where all participants were LE'd would still be open to verbal distruption). Even if an event is moderated a player could potentially distrupt an event whilst (on the surface of it) participating in the event (the examples the FC gave above are perfect example) so how far do you go?

Now in the instance of FN it seems pretty obvious to me that the event was ruined by a moron (or morons) simply because they could, however how long will it be before griefers adopt [semi]legitimate participation (i.e. within the rules) to distrupt an event, or geniune participants (perhaps opportunist participants how just happen upon an event) with a [slightly different] view on where the event is going (i.e. the FC kidnap above) get reported for distruption when their intents and methods with genuine

Bottom line - its hard to moderate human behaviour because theres always going to be a grey area where people play by the rules and still intend to disrupt and people play by the rules and unintentionally distrup......

SorkZmok
20-07-04, 16:54
haha dont read much do you? I said in the same page that I had not talked to him so I dident know, I was speculating from what people said here, once I did talk to him I found there was reason so there is that second quote you posted. dont try to catch me in a contradiction it aint gonna happen :/
"lol gms cant do shit to me. newbie. i can mess up player events if i want. dont threaten me bitch or i will ruin your event. hows that. ill just do it. and like it."

Thats exactly the reason he told us. o_O

Darth Slayer
20-07-04, 18:11
@ Darth, well yeah i point the finger at you because its what i was told happened, its what i thought happened and its why i went there to kill you all. The only rule forbidding what we did was stated in this thread as a limited rule by nidhogg...dude ive read the rule after we killed you...i dont come looking in a "Support for Player Events" thread expecting to find the games rules so dont even try fucking pin that on ncat.

You died, so what? your probably poked now but you can't let it go can you? you need to drag it out and try your very best pesuading KK to ban us, well it has'nt happened and if they really was going to ban us like you all seem to think they will they would of done it by now so do one, let the thread die and stop crying...if you want revenge you know what the clan is called so go try kill them. Good luck :lol:

[/B]
:lol: I don't want anyone banned hell I was not at the event I don't play hardly anymore, just stating that everytime I see u post about something you almost always blame someone else, same with your new clan. Your leader was at the event just to disrupt it or kill it off. Lame acts like that is what get ppl hot under the collar, thats why everyone shittalks at u. I'd tell u all to act your ages but then again u probaly are......... :p

Scorpius.

Darth Slayer
20-07-04, 18:20
I agree 100% , some of you may know that I myself planned a NF event and was pushing for a safe zone in NF building to avoid sutch things as this. I am not the kind of person that get's enjoyment out of fucking up others events. But after hearing S----'s side of this story I am at a point where I will believe my trusted clanm8 and friend above other people. From what he says this wasent about "fucking up someones event" it was a matter on a personal level just as I thought. From what he said to me when I asked him I believe his actions were justified. I would like him to come here and state his case because as of now it has been totally 1 sided.

People can think whatever they want about "us" but I wouldent join a clan of assholes or "hackers" or people that are lame at pvp. they are GREAT pvpers , and there is a lot of jealousy going around. As for things on pluto I also inquired about that and it again is nothing more than he said she said girly laundry talk. I would like to see it proved on either side with real 1 on 1 pvp. If my side lost I would not believe as much as I do in what I am defending, but I tend to believe it would be my m8's on the winning side. If I'm wrong I would just move to venus :p
Geist I got respect for u and a fair few of your clan but you are defending the indefensible. Your 'Trusted' clanmate and 'friend' went there to disrupt event plain and simple maybe he lied to you and others ? Have you considered that. Oh and I think your all great PvPers I've fought with u guys and against win or lose it's almost always been fun but a few immature twats are dragging the rest of you down. As Doc Put it If you lay down with dogs expect fleas, or words to that effect.

Scorpius.

jernau
20-07-04, 20:27
See this is the thing that's wrong, everyone here from uranus hates this particular guy, you all hate the clan. and now you all make it seem like he woke up in the morining and said "ah today is lexx's event, yay now I can go fuck it up" like he has nothing better to do. bottom line is lexx slagged off to him before the whole thing and got a beatin in return. This is what I was told and what I choose to believe. Sure the majority is against me on that belief, but who is this majority? people who have been dealing with beatins from this guy and his clan, over and over and over. so I dont expect much from that :/I wasn't there and I don't play on Uranus so none of the excuses given by yourself and others for why the majority here would be unfairly blaming him apply to me.

I would point out that you are dismissing all accounts and evidence from the people that were there claiming they can't be proven and yet you take the unsupported word of the accused as gospel.

Before you put complete trust in someone you only know through an online game you may want to consider all the so-called "hacked" accounts we've had that were actually cleaned out by the "trusted friends" of their owners.

Bottom Line : an event designed to entertain the whole community was destroyed. Someone is responsible for that and so far no-one has denied he did it. If he had a quarrel with Lexx, why did he decide to punish the whole community? That's inexcusable, no argument can justify ruining the fun of the other people there. KK really should be a LOT more firm with people who make deliberate and pre-meditated attempts to damage their business.

alig
20-07-04, 20:39

The fact the clan came from anywhere means nothing.

You know that big black dragon clan on saturn..yeah the one that held every op on the entire map with ease? what was it...oh yeah The Cartel...well where did that clan come from? huh? Uranus of course...it was my mates clan that i was in but that does'nt mean its the same clan, fair enough it had the same name but saturn Cartel was completely different..it just had a good name -=The Cartel=- which is a nice clan name and so is National Carebear Assasination Team (NCAT) as well. Oh and i can pretty much 100% asure you that no clan on its own will even get 1 seconds worth of hacking before there all dead from NCAT. Its the reason why FA fight us with 3 - 5 clans = 20 - 30+ runners.

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 20:45
The fact the clan came from anywhere means nothing.

You know that big black dragon clan on saturn..yeah the one that held every op on the entire map with ease? what was it...oh yeah The Cartel...well where did that clan come from? huh? Uranus of course...it was my mates clan that i was in but that does'nt mean its the same clan, fair enough it had the same name but saturn Cartel was completely different..it just had a good name -=The Cartel=- which is a nice clan name and so is National Carebear Association Team (NCAT) as well. Oh and i can pretty much 100% asure you that no clan on its own will even get 1 seconds worth of hacking before there all dead from NCAT. Its the reason why FA fight us with 3 - 5 clans = 20 - 30+ runners.

1.Your clan is called the national carebear assasination team not the national carebear association team.
2.The saturn clan was called the black cartel not simply the cartel like the uranus clan.
3.Didnt the cartel KOS ncat for trying to scam barar back a while ago?

alig
20-07-04, 20:52
Yes i know what ncat's called, i changed it in the same minute as you posted that.

The black cartel was called "-=The Cartel=-" to anyone that looked at the name, the two people that started it was Twist3d and Zoneseek - Zoneseek being Cartel on uranus with me, Zoneseek and fatty was going to go there and start it but Zone went ahead and did it without him.

NCAT k0s'd Cartel - Cartel k0s'd NCAT both from the start pretty much, barar was never cartel for long...quite a few NCAT were Cartel, Me, pb's spy, my bro, fatty, tino. Oh and tino got his arti libby scammed from NCAT and he has joined NCAT, so if he can forgive them and realise that its a dangerous world and that you take responsobility for yourself and let it go then im sure all the cry babies in this thread can let a poxxy event go.

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 21:06
The whole its a dangerous world out there excuse is bullshit in an OOC event and telling us not to cry like babies isnt going to stop the thread because basically I know Im immune to immature attepts at flaming like that and Im pretty sure everyone else is.

When will you get it into your head that people arent pissed that they died they are pissed because one idiot decided he wanted to ruin an event that was organised by off server people so if the 150 people that play uranus every night could come have a break and a laugh and chill while seeing who is the best duelist on the server and now basically a small minority who say "we play as wea want and force everyone else to play by our rules" have ruined an even organised for the majority who just want to have fun without ruining everybody elses in the process.

Syntax-Error
20-07-04, 21:20
what not another big clan fucking up the server for everyone else. noooo i wouldnt belive it. not from the neocron community :rolleyes:

alig
20-07-04, 21:25
The whole its a dangerous world out there excuse is bullshit in an OOC event and telling us not to cry like babies isnt going to stop the thread because basically I know Im immune to immature attepts at flaming like that and Im pretty sure everyone else is.

When will you get it into your head that people arent pissed that they died they are pissed because one idiot decided he wanted to ruin an event that was organised by off server people so if the 150 people that play uranus every night could come have a break and a laugh and chill while seeing who is the best duelist on the server and now basically a small minority who say "we play as wea want and force everyone else to play by our rules" have ruined an even organised for the majority who just want to have fun without ruining everybody elses in the process.

So why cry about this but you dont see clans crying when theres an event and an enemy clan hacks all there op's knowing they are at an event.

We could of come and just killed a select few but i know everyone that was there and i know they would of shot anyway and you would of all died either way. We just saved you the trouble of wasting ammunation. :rolleyes:

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 21:29
So why cry about this but you dont see clans crying when theres an event and an enemy clan hacks all there op's knowing they are at an event.

We could of come and just killed a select few but i know everyone that was there and i know they would of shot anyway and you would of all died either way. We just saved you the trouble of wasting ammunation. :rolleyes:

You couldnt of phrased the general childishness and immaturity of your clan any better Alig, and thanks for showing the community your exact colours and proving that this 7 page thread is 100% right in trying to stop the likes of you from ruining the game for the majority.

alig
20-07-04, 21:40
You couldnt of phrased the general childishness and immaturity of your clan any better Alig, and thanks for showing the community your exact colours and proving that this 7 page thread is 100% right in trying to stop the likes of you from ruining the game for the majority.

Its a game snow, its a server within a game, *note* a server you dont even fucking play.

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 21:43
Its a game snow, its a server within a game, *note* a server you dont even fucking play.

Notes its a game I pay for and pay to enjoy
Notes the 7 capped or near capped characters on the uranus server, also notes the libby pistol spy also on the uranus server.
Notes that your character ingame is a reflection on your OOG self .
Notes what Alig is like in game and knows what hes like OOG.

Lexxuk
20-07-04, 21:45

yes its a game, its a game that has rules, rules that were broken on purpose, so your sayin "its ok to break the rules as log as its us" or "its ok for anyone to break the rules" or "the rules only apply to other people not us" or any other possible way you can justify breaking the rules of the game, which you did when you disrupted an event, which was published on the forum, the rules which were published on the forum, the games rules which were published on the forums, the rules which you are reponsible for knowing, but broke anyhow.

alig
20-07-04, 21:47
Notes its a game I pay for and pay to enjoy
Notes the 7 capped or near capped characters on the uranus server, also notes the libby pistol spy also on the uranus server.
Notes that your character ingame is a reflection on your OOG self .
Notes what Alig is like in game and knows what hes like OOG.
Notes that i dont play on uranus anymore

Because this forum requires an active account to be apart of. Im not going to act like myself on here and someone else in-game.

_My_ real life has absolutely sweet fuck all to do with you, him over there, or the mods on here comprenday?

alig
20-07-04, 21:48
yes its a game, its a game that has rules, rules that were broken on purpose, so your sayin "its ok to break the rules as log as its us" or "its ok for anyone to break the rules" or "the rules only apply to other people not us" or any other possible way you can justify breaking the rules of the game, which you did when you disrupted an event, which was published on the forum, the rules which were published on the forum, the games rules which were published on the forums, the rules which you are reponsible for knowing, but broke anyhow.

Oh what id say is "Its ok to break a rule that was made up limited by a mod in a thread less than 24hrs previous" sounds more like it and sounds to me like KK are willing to make the rules up as they play.

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 21:56
Alig I was on uranus yesterday and the day before that and at the event and god knows when else just because you didnt see me doesnt mean I wasnt there and adding stuff into peoples quotes is complete and other lameness so remove what I didnt say.

Whether or not Im on the uranus server doesnt mean fuck all I have a right to my opinion and I will so voice it and whether Im active or not does not degrade from my perfectly valid opinion.

Lexxuk
20-07-04, 22:00
Oh what id say is "Its ok to break a rule that was made up limited by a mod in a thread less than 24hrs previous" sounds more like it and sounds to me like KK are willing to make the rules up as they play.

The rule was not made up by a mod, mods do not dictate ingame policy, the rule was made by one of the KK employees, probably snow or someone, and is as much of a rule as the "no pushing afk people past a boundry" rule.

/edit - rule was made by Carbonite (ACG)

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 22:02
the rule was made by one of the KK employees, probably snow or someone,

Nid said Carbonite but could of come down from higher up then that.

Darth Slayer
20-07-04, 23:08
Alig I was on uranus yesterday and the day before that and at the event and god knows when else just because you didnt see me doesnt mean I wasnt there and adding stuff into peoples quotes is complete and other lameness so remove what I didnt say.

Snow mate your expecting Alig to act Mature mays well talk to yonder wall I think we would get more sense than the BS he's spouting atm.

Scorpius.

Mr_Snow
20-07-04, 23:11
Snow mate your expecting Alig to act Mature mays well talk to yonder wall I think we would get more sense than the BS he's spouting atm.

I have a tendancy to expect people in an over 18s rated game to act over 18 but tbh Ive meet 15 and 16 years olds in game that act much more maturely then alot over the over 18s.

Nidhogg
20-07-04, 23:18
Disrupting a player event in order to spoil it for others is a violation of rule 18 of the RoC.
You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other NEOCRON users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules...
N

Lexxuk
20-07-04, 23:19
I feel that is really the climax to this thread now Niddy, so if you'd like to close it, I wont object.

Nidhogg
20-07-04, 23:20
Closed by Threadstarter.

N