PDA

View Full Version : thanos's announcement

hinch
16-07-04, 14:09
if your going todo that can you impement an AFK flag

/afk and an auto afk after 10 mins then please.

if this is set then an (AFK) appears above the users head

that way we know if your afk or not

if not i could simply say "i was afk when i was pushed" even though i wasnt resulting in a warning to the person who pushed me

J. Folsom
16-07-04, 14:10
Sounds good to me, and since it's now obviously not a "Push me into the next zone and kill me" tag, it would work.

We needed something like that anyway, this recent change just gives us another reason to do implement it.

phunqe
16-07-04, 14:13
...to cover the avatars of players...

What does this mean? As I read the statement it says "You aren't allowed to push someone to safety" o_O

Or what does "cover the avatar of players" mean?

EDIT: I just woke up, so have mercy on me :p

Glok
16-07-04, 14:14
Why not make it so avatars can't be pushed. All that comes of pushing is grief. :confused:

J. Folsom
16-07-04, 14:17
What does this mean? As I read the statement it says "You aren't allowed to push someone to safety" o_O

Or what does "cover the avatar of players" mean?

Thanks :)It's part of the full sentence, formerly the rule just covered dead avatars, nowadays it also includes living ones, as long as they're AFK.

Avatars being a fancy word for in-game characters. :p

..i..DemonX
16-07-04, 14:22
U cant push droners while they drone or? Just make /afk show afk over ur head and make u unpushable like droners!

phunqe
16-07-04, 14:28
It's part of the full sentence, formerly the rule just covered dead avatars, nowadays it also includes living ones, as long as they're AFK.

ROFL... I just had to read too much into the words... "wtf covering an avatar?" o_O

Lol, you can't imagine the mental picture I got from reading it and after having that it was doomed for me not to understand it at all :p

EDIT: I need to wake up properly before posting next time o_O

Selendor
16-07-04, 14:29
Good change to the griefing rules. There's no excuse for pushing an afk into a combat zone, its one of the most cowardly actions someone can do. By doing it you are basically saying that is the only way you can beat them. I hope they do more than warn people guilty of it.

berty
16-07-04, 14:37
covering a body = cannot be targetted for a rez

Candaman
16-07-04, 14:39
Callash how come all of a sudden kk care about people that have been pushed over a zone line when all the times b4 when people have moaned to helpdesk and moaned on the forums that this happened to them the official kk response was u went afk its your own fault. Has this rule that u thought everyone had always abided by now suddenly kk care?

Tratos
16-07-04, 14:39
An AFK flag would be very handy, also if there was an auto reply function on Direct Messages incase somone cant actualy see you are AFK and try to contact you through DM.

i hate to say it again.

Like SWG has.

..i..DemonX
16-07-04, 14:53
Callash how come all of a sudden kk care about people that have been pushed over a zone line when all the times b4 when people have moaned to helpdesk and moaned on the forums that this happened to them the official kk response was u went afk its your own fault. Has this rule that u thought everyone had always abided by now suddenly kk care?

Whant this tread as well closed?

Benjie
16-07-04, 15:06
That was a terrible announcment.

Safeslot,
Safezone Bars,
Belts,
No pushing allowed,
PK'ers get stupid dissadvantages to discourage PvP.....

Neocron is slowly turning carebear.

:(

Callash
16-07-04, 15:10

Rofl. :lol: Yeah right, pushing afk players out of safezones to rezzkill them and rid them of their belongings was a great PvP feature, now the teddybears won.

Will you guys sometimes just listen to yourselves?

My god, I'm still laughing :lol:

Tratos
16-07-04, 15:10

Safeslot,
Safezone Bars,
Belts,
No pushing allowed,

there will be no, well less safezones with BDOY and the belts thing is a community thing, people really hate the idea of it going "Jupiter Style" even some of the anti carebear folk.

..i..DemonX
16-07-04, 15:19

Safeslot,
Safezone Bars,
Belts,
No pushing allowed,

? U think push AFK ppl around to Rezzkill them got anything to do with PvP? Its just something of how to be a wanker no more!

alig
16-07-04, 15:19
Rofl. :lol: Yeah right, pushing afk players out of safezones to rezzkill them and rid them of their belongings was a great PvP feature, now the teddybears won.

Im still laughing that you actually enforce these bullshit rules when anyone outside this forum that plays NC can get banned for rules they dont know exsist because you dont update nothing. :mad: You have any idea the ammount of people ive said "you know <random person> its a bannable offense now to flame" ? obviously you dont and these rules should be scrapped until one of your coders can implement them into the Terms IN-GAME.

Edit/ Now its on my head, i just noticed that you havent even got the god damn thread stickied either, jesus f**king christ and my brother got banned for flaming a week ago. Man, sticky the thread at least O_o

Callash
16-07-04, 15:23
Not informing yourself of the rules is SO your fault. Checking the rules page for updates once or twice a month isn't that hard. Especially not if you intend to walk on thin ice.

alig
16-07-04, 15:25
Not informing yourself of the rules is SO your fault. Checking the rules page for updates once or twice a month isn't that hard. Especially not if you intend to walk on thin ice.

No it isnt. You explain to me why i need to come to these forums to play neocron and you got your reason.

Want me to go start up any other game with strict rules and show you that the rules will be made quite clear to me either in-game or before starting the game or in the read-me and not on a forum.

Edit/ Infact just forget it callash. I know the rules, I'll tell the rules to anyone that i like that i see breaking them and leave it like that. You only show how stuborn reakktor really are and how much they dont care about the game or players and are 100% on banning people that you dont inform.

When you have banned every last played i will laugh so hard.

Callash
16-07-04, 15:30
Open your Browser.
Go to "http://www.neocron.com/".
Click on "Support Policies".

Done. The rule is there, it has been updated even before I posted. No forum involved. That's perfectly fine.

Glok
16-07-04, 15:31
alig, the new rule states you will get a warning, not banned. Then you will be aware of the rule to not be a lame fuck.

Josh Dabbs
16-07-04, 15:32
Ignorantia legis non excusat, Alig. The rules are on both the website and on the forums, and since you have to go to the website to set up a game account, there is really no excuse for not being aware of their presence.

EDIT: Darn, beaten to it.

Mighty Max
16-07-04, 15:33
"Unwissenheit schützt vor Strafe nicht"

Not knowing, wont save for punishment.

I mean, you don't need to be told that you cant hurt ppl on the street. If you do, you have to take the punishment. Even if your parents failed to tell ya.

Thats why human have sthg named conscience.

QuantumDelta
16-07-04, 15:34
U cant push droners while they drone or? Just make /afk show afk over ur head and make u unpushable like droners!
This one makes sense.

alig
Open your Browser.

Done. The rule is there, it has been updated even before I posted. No forum involved. That's perfectly fine.

Would the german goverment enforce a new law over the internet on a politics forum or whatever? I dont think so. Why should i have to come to neocron.com to see the rules? i play alot of games and only a few do i actually goto the forums because im more interested in the game.

Anyone would think im asking the world of you, im simply asking you to put the rules ingame where they should be or have a link on the login screen to the rules.

hinch
ignorance is no excuse?

anyway perhaps on the rules thing a big ass link in the launcher window saying RULES HERE would be usefull since its only a html page change it would be easy enough todo.

but can we please get the thread back on topic

AFK SWITCHES

ktnxbye

alig
16-07-04, 15:36
alig, the new rule states you will get a warning, not banned. Then you will be aware of the rule to not be a lame fuck.

I know exactly what the rules are, however, alot of people ingame have'nt got a clue of them because they dont fucking surf forums or www.neocron.com jesus.

Edit/ Ok hinch ya can have your thread back on topic :p i have nothing more to say unless someone disagree's that OUT-of-GAME forums are the place for in-game rules :mad:

..i..DemonX
16-07-04, 15:39
In Germany there like uhm say 20000 Law's that rule ur life, if u not know rule 15749 it will not save u at any time if u say "Omg i was not know about" or "Omg i should read the Lawbook?".
U just argue for a realy lame thing in the game! I realy wonder how u will think about if some1 push ya over the zone and loot u empty!

But to the Topic, realy realy just make a /afk and then unpushable. Problems solved!

Mighty Max
16-07-04, 15:40
Would the german goverment enforce a new law over the internet on a politics forum or whatever?

Infact this is how it works.

New laws / political announcements are made on an public reachable letter. The single person wont get told, "hey, from now on, you have to ...."

From that letter / interviews it gets to the press. => On the screen => to the public, but it is not the duty of the politicans to do this TV-Announcements .

Its called the principle of the "Mündigen Bürger" (self minded citizen)

alig
16-07-04, 15:41
In Germany there like uhm say 20000 Law's that rule ur life, if u not know rule 15749 it will not save u at any time if u say "Omg i was not know about" or "Omg i should read the Lawbook?".
U just argue for a realy lame thing in the game! I realy wonder how u will think about if some1 push ya over the zone and loot u empty!

But to the Topic, realy realy just make a /afk and then unpushable. Problems solved!

I would never get pushed over a zone line because im not stupid enough to stand on a zone line EVER. It takes one press of ESC to prevent it.

Benjie
16-07-04, 15:52

Oh god callash, is PvP all Neocron is about?
No it was not a PvP tactic, and you should know I never ever did it, not once. Rather I enjoyed the risk that my player could be fucked over by other players, Just like in real life! I like the cyberpunk atmosphere in Neocron, and if i'm going to have all this protection from the GM's then that makes the game less fun for me.

Watch your back? Dangerous post apocalyptic world?
...More like keep your finger on the F12 key. :(

Mighty Max
16-07-04, 15:53
. Rather I enjoyed the risk that my player could be fucked over by other players

Thats still the case, just go afk in PP or at MB or Canyon, or ....

Scikar
16-07-04, 15:54
I know exactly what the rules are, however, alot of people ingame have'nt got a clue of them because they dont fucking surf forums or www.neocron.com (http://www.neocron.com/) jesus.

Edit/ Ok hinch ya can have your thread back on topic :p i have nothing more to say unless someone disagree's that OUT-of-GAME forums are the place for in-game rules :mad:

You have a point. Though I think you're overreacting a little bit. :p

A link to the terms of service etc on the launcher page would be a good idea, along with an icon to show if there have been any recent updates to them or not.

Judge
16-07-04, 15:55
So... now you can't push someones body under something to stop them being rezzed, and can't push them into a combat zone to get rezz killed? That the basic drift of things?

Never done either of them... but I really fucking hate people who stay dead for like 30 mins to wait for a rezz, I used to do it, realised how stupid it was and stopped. Or people who stay dead to spy on whats going on an in OP war. Tbh, if they're trying to spy then they deserve to be pushed under something.

As for the second one.... I don't really care, but if your stupid enough to go AFK on a high level character with expensive stuff in your inventory, near to a combat zone, not even sitting down, then I'm inclined to believe that its your own bloody fault for being so retarded. And if you really, really had to take that phone call or whatever, then just press ESC, your char will disappear in like 10 secs... and your safe.

Benjie
16-07-04, 15:58
Thats still the case, just go afk in PP or at MB or Canyon, or ....
You just don't get it.

J. Folsom
16-07-04, 15:59
I know exactly what the rules are, however, alot of people ingame have'nt got a clue of them because they dont fucking surf forums or www.neocron.com jesus.Due to the Rules of Conduct (Which you have to agree with before signing up an account), it is their own responsibility to keep themselves up to date on the rules. To quote the final paragraph:

THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE NEOCRON WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT REAKKTOR MEDIA MAY HAVE MADE.

And, as Callash said, this has been modified on the website.

Siygess
16-07-04, 16:07
To quote the final paragraph:

/me waits for some loon to say "But no one ever reads the terms of service before they accept it."

EDIT: Just remember: It's not ok to do illegal things to stupid people.

Mighty Max
16-07-04, 16:09
You just don't get it.

hehehe, better then you think.

Maybe you should try to reread your own post and then mine. Add some logical conclusions and voila. It isnt so hard to understand my sentance.

Glok
16-07-04, 16:11
I just can't believe Benjie is supporting one of the lamest things you can possibly do in this game.

Benjie
16-07-04, 16:13
I just can't believe Benjie is supporting one of the lamest things you can possibly do in this game.
I'm not supporting the ability to do it, rather than the fact you always have to watch your back!

I LIKE THAT OKAY??!! :D

Neocron is supposed to be a world filled with evil bastards, and who is more evil than the people who push you into pepper park and rez-kill you?

watch your back people, not your F12 key.

DISCLAIMER: I repeat, I have never pushed anyone into a zone, and I have never rez-killed.

Judge
16-07-04, 16:15
I can see the point that it is lame... but also the point that its a dangerous world....

So confusing. :(

Benjie
16-07-04, 16:20
I can see the point that it is lame... but also the point that its a dangerous world....

So confusing. :(
I'm just waiting for the asshat to give me negative reputation because they where dumb enough to afk on the plaza 3 borderline. Well I guess thats what happens when you argue with the mob. But if people whern't here to argue these points, we would have a majority -vs- nobody system, and progress would never be made. Or have I just been watching too much ghost in the shell?

*sigh*

Crono
16-07-04, 16:20
New rule is great. It is compleatly an exploit liek i thought, pushing someone through a copbot zone (the equivinent of mugging someone in a No PvP allowed zone if you want your friggen RP to support it :P ) To a zone that they diddnt go to by means of a game mechanic that was never desighned to let you do so.

If you diddnt see this as an exploit you have to have you head up your ass, im sorry, it had to be clearly one of the most platent non blurring obvious ones there is, regardless of how long it has been done. It was just never enforced.

You can go afk in Plaza 1 and end up in 15 min afk dead in PP1.
When you zone you are about 3-5 char distanced from the zone line to go back. you can be pused all the way to Plaza 3, then the person can get behind you and push you to PP1. It can easily happen if the person is board enough. Their Safezones for a reason. Weither you are for or against them is your own oppinion and has no bearing on the right or wrongness of these rules.

-Crono

Glok
16-07-04, 16:21
I'm not supporting the ability to do it, rather than the fact you always have to watch your back!

I LIKE THAT OKAY??!! :D

Neocron is supposed to be a world filled with evil bastards, and who is more evil than the people who push you into pepper park and rez-kill you?The ability to do that does not add to immersion at all. It adds to the 'why the fuck do I play this game when there are such lame cunts playing it'. I repeat, 'dark cyberpunk' != 'lame fucking shit'.

Candaman
16-07-04, 16:25
You can go afk in Plaza 1 and end up in 15 min afk dead in PP1.
When you zone you are about 3-5 char distanced from the zone line to go back. you can be pused all the way to Plaza 3, then the person can get behind you and push you to PP1. It can easily happen if the person is board enough. Their Safezones for a reason. Weither you are for or against them is your own oppinion and has no bearing on the right or wrongness of these rules.

-Crono

and theres seats for a reason and a escape key for a reason

Glok
16-07-04, 16:26
and theres seats for a reason and a escape key for a reasonI always sit when I go afk also. Just to be clear on that point. :)

Benjie
16-07-04, 16:28
I at least think a much better system would be to make rezzkilling impossible.

---------------------------------------------
"ppu_Gigalo is trying to resurect you."

ACCEPT/DECLINE
---------------------------------------------

That way you would get all of the danger, and none of the lameness.

Jest
16-07-04, 16:30
I'm not at all cool with rez killing but Ive pushed people into war zones all the time. The best is when they let you push them into the zone and then reveal they aren't afk when they are centimeters away from the border. Curses! :p My fondest push into a war zone was MayhemMike while he was LoMing. :lol: Ah the good ole days.

Judge
16-07-04, 16:35
and theres seats for a reason and a escape key for a reason

Exactly.

Mighty Max
16-07-04, 16:37
And now on top of that there is a
rule for a reason

Crono
16-07-04, 16:40
Seats?

Now is this a game mechanic or a RP excuse here? Cause its hard to tell.

Cant be RP, because why would sitting make you safer then standing lets say by that seat.

And it cant be a game mechanic excuse because the pushing to diff places was never intendded to begin with. Espically PAST Copbots in a Copbot protected Zone. Its EXACTLY on the same lvl of getting bad SL or Faction then aggroing something in a Safezone then ducking behind a player so he gets owned instead. Its as obviously an exploit as that too.

Man, i cant believe you just used "Seats" as a friggen excuse, damn :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Crono

Candaman
16-07-04, 16:42
Seats?

Now is this a game mechanic or a RP excuse here? Cause its hard to tell.

Cant be RP, because why would sitting make you safer then standing lets say by that seat.

And it cant be a game mechanic excuse because the pushing to diff places was never intendded to begin with. Espically PAST Copbots in a Copbot protected Zone. Its EXACTLY on the same lvl of getting bad SL or Faction then aggroing something in a Safezone then ducking behind a player so he gets owned instead. Its as obviously an exploit as that too.

Man, i cant believe you just used "Seats" as a friggen excuse, damn :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Crono

Man i can't believe ur bringing RP into this since when would someone standing around not have there wits around them to be allowed to be pushed across a zone line. So the whole afk makes ur RP arguement invalid

Crono
16-07-04, 16:54
I said one line about RP and you comment on that ignoring the entire other compleatly valid points :lol:

Anyways, i just assumed you were defending it on a RP standpoint, i mean its a Blatent and Obvious exploit, to pust someone past a nogun no fighting zone past copbots and all into a non safe zone, i figured you had to be usign the RP defence.

But yea, a /afk and a "would you like to be Rezzed" options need to be added. Everyone always defends asshattery with "Its a dark cyberpunk world" that is getting so old and broken im almost choking on it just by retyping it.

-Crono

Judge
16-07-04, 16:58
Its not so much about game mechanics, or RP. Its about people having enough brain cells to work out that they should either log off, or sit down. Its not too hard now is it?

Crono
16-07-04, 16:59
No its not, but its even more of a streach to say that going afk in a Safe zone "standing" means their asking to be pushed into a friggen non safe zone. unless their just kinda afk at the zone boarder.

-Crono

Benjie
16-07-04, 16:59
Why not tackle the issue of rez-killing to solve the problem of rez-killing?

Allow pushing. Make it so you need to accept a rez for it to work.

Everybody wins!

phunqe
16-07-04, 17:01
It cannot get more simpler than this.
When you started playing Neocron, you agreed to it's Terms of Service and the Rules of conduct.

The Rules of Conduct CLEARLY STATES the following:

THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED,
AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE NEOCRON WEB SITE FROM
TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT REAKKTOR MEDIA
MAY HAVE MADE.

There... Any more problems? Don't think so.

Read the terms and rules and stop talking about what isn't your responsibility.

EDIT: And by the way. Almost every game has it's Terms of Service include the above. It's common practise. You don't get a dialog each and everytime you login which states "this you can do and this you cannot".

Crono
16-07-04, 17:01
yea, id much rather have that fixed :D

many times when i die to a mob when im drugged in the past, if u have multipla drugs on you, soon as u die it glitches sometimes and gives you all the drug haze at once making you not able to see anything but snow, let alown the genrep select screen.
There are other glitches that can often mess you up from picking a genrep, sometimes you crash also, its not a bugfree game :P

-Crono

Moscow
16-07-04, 17:04
Its not so much about game mechanics, or RP. Its about people having enough brain cells to work out that they should either log off, or sit down. Its not too hard now is it?

We could also argue that certain people lack the brain cells to abide by common sense, decency and the rules set down by Reakktor.

Peace.

-Moscow

Trent
16-07-04, 17:08

Safeslot,
Safezone Bars,
Belts,
No pushing allowed,

Gee....You poor PKers will just need to camp out in front of GenReps and blast people as they sync in to get your jollies. Life is so unfair for you PKers. Maybe this will encourage a few of you scumbags to go after mobs rather than ripping off people you kill.

Trent

QuantumDelta
16-07-04, 17:10
benjie's a pker? O.o

I love PvP, but hate unfair fights, and the weak scumbags that hunt for them.

hinch
16-07-04, 17:12
*shrugs* i give up

this truelly was a thread hijack and a half even i couldnt have done better.

for those of you that missed it / didnt bother reading start post

THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT AN /AFK AND AUTO_AFK SWITCH

Candaman
16-07-04, 17:14
Gee....You poor PKers will just need to camp out in front of GenReps and blast people as they sync in to get your jollies. Life is so unfair for you PKers. Maybe this will encourage a few of you scumbags to go after mobs rather than ripping of people you kill.

Trent

I think ur missing the point of the game to pvp and ur getting it mixed up with SWG or FFXI where the point is to hunt mobs

QuantumDelta
16-07-04, 17:15
*shrugs* i give up

Well like I said, I agree with the idea, I'd like to see it ingame, and the idea of making people unmovable with the AFK Flag on is even better.

That's why I gave the thread five stars :p

Benjie
16-07-04, 17:16
benjie's a pker? O.o
I don't gank. Trent just didn't read the entire thread before trolling.

I do PvP though, welcome to Neocron!

Glok
16-07-04, 17:16
THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT AN /AFK AND AUTO_AFK SWITCHI can live with that. But it should only be a flag, it should not make you unpushable, since then you will get twats going afk in doorways to shops and stuff and blocking them.

Trent
16-07-04, 17:18
Open your Browser.

Callash,

Just a suggestion, maybe you might consider pulling it out of the "support policies" and making it its own section? I normally would not think to look in a section called "support policies" for banned activities. Heck, there are only seven of them:

List of Prohibited In-Game Actions

The following actions are in violation of the Neocron rules of conduct (RoC) and will result in a warning and possibly a temporary ban of the Neocron account:

Spamming public in-game chat channels.
Pushing dead bodies or players who are away from the keyboard (afk) beyond zone boundaries. Updated 07/16/2004
Dropping turrets in boxes/trees (or any other place that renders them untargetable ) or on outpost walls. Placing turrets on OP roofs is forbidden too. Updated 03/19/2004
Copying another runner's name with the express purpose of gaining personal advantage or harassing the original.
LE'd runners refusing to leave a dungeon (thus preventing it from being reset).
Levelling constitution by repeatedly damaging yourself (either directly or indirectly)
Levelling constitution by repeatedly and purposely getting yourself killed by CopBots or S.T.O.R.M Bots.

:D Just a thought

Trent

QuantumDelta
16-07-04, 17:18
Unpushable but passthroughable? maybe like a reverse no clip? o_O

Trent;
Come back later when you understand pls :p

Glok
16-07-04, 17:19
Unpushable but passthroughable? maybe like a reverse no clip? o_OThat would work too.

Jest
16-07-04, 17:22
I love PvP, but hate unfair fights, and the weak scumbags that hunt for them.QD its not a matter of looking for easy kills. In truth my favorite fights are the unfair ones against me, nothing beats the satisfaction of getting attacked by a pair of people and killing them both, or winning an op war against ridiculous odds.

For me pking is a matter of atmosphere and roleplay. I dont raid MB because I just want a few easy kills. I dont attack GM events because I want to ruin them. Imo 90% of the players in this game have an incredibly low view of roleplay, and surprisingly many in that 90% consider themselves to be avid roleplayers. I'm sorry but if I see a member of a hated enemy clan in the wastelands who is low ranked, I'm not gonna fetch him milk and cookies, I'm gonna waste him. And if I hear that DoY are invading Neocron and I'm on the side of DoY, I'm going to help the DoY bots and kill people. If the above makes me a weak scumbag then so be it.

Though granted, pushing people into anarchy zones to kill them is purely for fun. I try to only do it to people who deserve it. :p

Also while an afk switch would be cool, Id rather have an accept/decline button for being rezzed. Just implement both. :D

Menolak
16-07-04, 17:25
Lot's of games have AFK tags, it's a good idea..I seriously doubt that it will kill the RP,not that roleplay is particularly strong on all the servers..(On Venus once, I ``fell asleep``, everybody was whispering and tiptoing around me, it was a cool moment, I got back from making supper and got sent a funny screenshot, they were roleplaying a magic-marker drawing contest on my face :) )
As for pushing...hmm...an example: How can my 250 lbs average Gentank, with full exo-armor and PA, plus CS out, be pushed by a small spider? That was scary, I was gonna get owned by a roach, last clip left, aiming in...and BAM! I missed........that was pretty scary :)

QuantumDelta
16-07-04, 17:28
lol, Jest i know ;)
relax :p

Jest
16-07-04, 17:31
lol, Jest i know ;)
relax :pDon't worry my posts always sound more serious than they are. I do it that way on purpose. :p I just try to wave my flag of PvP based RP as often as possible. ;)

..i..DemonX
16-07-04, 17:31
*shrugs* i give up

Wow lol 2nd time i agree with Hinch :)
I kidna miss the topic Point at all true! Well one or 2 said something on Topic all other just was drift away (they may include me as well in much posts).

So i will say again make a /afk auto afk after 10 mins do nothing when u are afk u can be pushed like when droners are drone. But u can be killed if ur not in a safezone tough! As well i would like to see a AFK thing in the CityComs so if u look on clan u not see 100 ppl online u will see 100 online 99 AFK i.e..
I think that would be best way for all or?

Shadow Dancer
16-07-04, 17:37
Didn't KK say that they were implementing AFK switches for DOY?

Crono
16-07-04, 17:38
I think pushing in general should be looked at :)

An afk/auto afk switch would be nice though. Which is the posint of the thread that i also moved from ><

They need to look at colissions, not only pushing players, anyone tired of being moved by 4 inch long scortopns out of a hiding spot to infront of a Grim? :D

-Crono

Trent
16-07-04, 17:52
I think ur missing the point of the game to pvp and ur getting it mixed up with SWG or FFXI where the point is to hunt mobs

Nope, I'm not. That is the reason I'm referring to "PKers" rather than "PvP". Camping at GenReps, killing noobs, and going after people who have done nothing to you is PKing. If you read my posts, you'll see that I've pretty much defined my opinions about this. I have never objected to PvP activities.

Trent

Judge
16-07-04, 17:58
Camping at GenReps, killing noobs, and going after people who have done nothing to you is PKing. If you read my posts, you'll see that I've pretty much defined my opinions about this. I have never objected to PvP activities.

What if those people are an enemy faction or enemy clan?

Is that still "PKing"?

Trent
16-07-04, 18:04
benjie's a pker? O.o

I love PvP, but hate unfair fights, and the weak scumbags that hunt for them.

PKing == unfair fights. That's that's the point.

Trent

QuantumDelta
16-07-04, 18:07
So when people get a team of "Anti-PKers" to kill a PKer, they're actually PKing?

Nice.

--
I think some exceptions should be made to your rule, since some "PK" can easily be shown as RP.

--
I, like Jest, regularly enjoy(ed?) fighting against the odds, the technical difference between PK and PvP is PvP is consensual.

Well, in Neocron you CONSENT to PvP as soon as you remove your LE.

... And trust me, I'm "Anti-PK" when IC :p

Skinfitz
16-07-04, 18:08
Open your Browser.

No offence Callash but I've been playing this game since November '02 and I have never, ever seen those "rules" before, nor do I recall ever being directed to them before now.

Perhaps they should be put into the CityCom forums and a message asking runners to read them or something?

Judge
16-07-04, 18:09
Imo... if someone is your enemy, ie enemy faction or clan, then if you kill them (however you kill them) is fine. If they are silly enough to keep on genrepping in, or whatever then its their own fault for being silly...

..i..DemonX
16-07-04, 18:14
Uh i not the starter of the thread but its gone so far of the point i gues Mods should just close it! I see like 5 post about the topic on 5 sites now! :mad:

Skinfitz
16-07-04, 18:20
/me waits for some loon to say "But no one ever reads the terms of service before they accept it."

EDIT: Just remember: It's not ok to do illegal things to stupid people.

But no one ever reads the terms of service before they accept it...

But really, it's true. When was the last time you read the license agreement for, say, Windows Update before installing a patch? (Dont get smart and say you dont patch spam zombie whores)

Seriously - I don't think I've ever read a license agreement in my life before installing something, and I dare say the majority of people don't. I was looking at the free vodafone magazine earlier and noticed at the back there are two pages literally FULL of miniscule text under the heading "Terms and conditions". I'm sure in there somewhere it may say precisely what the terms of your phone contract may be, but seriously - is ANYONE EVER going to read all that??

Lets test it - did ANYONE read the FULL license agreement (was there one..?) when installing NC? (KK lawyers don't count :p)

hivemind
16-07-04, 18:22
Jan, that's a load of shit. We're paying customers. YOU inform US, that's what service is. We don't come sniffing around for rules changes and stuff if we don't wanna. We pay to play, not to keep up on esoteric rules changes.

Am I gonna get in trouble now next time I push an AFK anti-city person in Plaza 1 out so the guards can shoot him?

Comie
16-07-04, 18:23
there should be a /afk command that puts a akf by yur name and roots yu to the spot, as soon as yu try to move the flag dissapears and yu is no more rotted to the spot (also typing /adk again toggles it off)

reddog
16-07-04, 18:29
Jan, that's a load of shit. We're paying customers. YOU inform US, that's what service is. We don't come sniffing around for rules changes and stuff if we don't wanna. We pay to play, not to keep up on esoteric rules changes.

Am I gonna get in trouble now next time I push an AFK anti-city person in Plaza 1 out so the guards can shoot him?They do inform us or rules changes. They do it on there website. or do you expect them to come over type in the url and say hey look we changed the rules. Like has been said you agreed to check out Neocron.com to see if the rules changes. Just like me you prolly never red the EULA but this doesn't mean we can blame em for that.

hivemind
16-07-04, 18:34
They do inform us or rules changes. They do it on there website. or do you expect them to come over type in the url and say hey look we changed the rules. Like has been said you agreed to check out Neocron.com to see if the rules changes. Just like me you prolly never red the EULA but this doesn't mean we can blame em for that.
Needs to be in the launcher window. There's plenty of people who never visit the forums of website, but still play the game.

This, to me, is another example of the constant collision of the European worker-based mindset and the American consumer-based mindset, and as such, there's no solution - except for me to continue to look for a decent MMO run by an American company that treats it's customers well (well by American standards, not European ones).

do you expect them to come over type in the url and say hey look we changed the rules.
Yeah pretty much I do. I'm the one paying for a service.

Shadow Dancer
16-07-04, 18:38
If players can sign up for their account, and do all that BS. They can go to the website to check the rules. However an in-game email should be sent out each time the rules are updated.

Mighty Max
16-07-04, 18:39
Hehe

CAREBEAR hivemind :p

Mattimeo
16-07-04, 18:55
Why aren't they in the launcher window? Why isn't ANY of the important information we should know IN THE LAUNCHER WINDOW? instead of being lazy and having people miss important notices such as that get off your duffs, put a link in the launcher window "IMPORTANT! Rules changes here!". or any other things all players need to know, expecting everyone to come to these forums is unrealistic.

El_MUERkO
16-07-04, 19:09
Its a sensible rule, I'm just wondering why KK decided to make it now after so many people have been told 'tuff tittie you went AFK so it was your fault' by KK before.

hivemind
16-07-04, 19:13
Hehe

CAREBEAR hivemind :p
Bah, you know damn well, you of ALL people know damn well, that isn't true. :p

I just think that as in any other game like this, players shouldn't have the full responsibility to find out about new rules. At least an email when stuff changes.

There's a saying in America: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

I feel like KK is hiding the water, and refilling the pool when no one's looking, and constantly altering the chemical makeup of the water without informing the people who are drinking.

Trent
16-07-04, 20:23
So when people get a team of "Anti-PKers" to kill a PKer, they're actually PKing?

Nice.

Not necessarily. Are they responding to an unprovoked attack that has just occured, or are we talking about something that happened a week ago? In my opinion, circumstances dictate whether or not a person or persons are "PKing".

I think some exceptions should be made to your rule, since some "PK" can easily be shown as RP.

I completely agree.

I, like Jest, regularly enjoy(ed?) fighting against the odds, the technical difference between PK and PvP is PvP is consensual.

Well, in Neocron you CONSENT to PvP as soon as you remove your LE.

... And trust me, I'm "Anti-PK" when IC :p

Again, I agree.

Trent

Trent
16-07-04, 20:55
What if those people are an enemy faction or enemy clan?

Is that still "PKing"?

Depends on how it is being done. Are you blowing away someone just passing by who shows "red" but has not done anything to you? Or are you in the middle of an OP fight? In the former, yes and in the latter no, and let me help you with some ammo - blast anyone from an enemy faction or clan. That is PvP, IMO.

Trent

Nidhogg
16-07-04, 21:22
expecting everyone to come to these forums is unrealistic.
Unrealistic or not, it's what you and everyone else signed up to. This is from the Neocron Rules of Conduct:
THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE NEOCRON WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT REAKKTOR MEDIA MAY HAVE MADE.
N

Judge
16-07-04, 21:28
Are you blowing away someone just passing by who shows "red" but has not done anything to you?

Yes, that is exactly what I'm doing.

Don't see why they deserve to live if they oppose me tbh....

hivemind
16-07-04, 21:34
Unrealistic or not, it's what you and everyone else signed up to. This is from the Neocron Rules of Conduct:
N
That's great.

Unfortunately, the CUSTOMERS are asking for something else.

Mattimeo
16-07-04, 22:38
N

way to hide behind it instead of helping yourselves and your customers. Instead of making it easier for everyone else, you guys just refuse to change it. Great job.

Crono
16-07-04, 22:44
This has been the way in any MMORPG ive ever seen. But more updates on the launcher wouldnt hurt (lol, most use Neolauncher anyways though :P )

But this is really the first time its been brought up and only like 4 people are complainging about it, so i wouldnt go jumping to conclusions about all the customers not likeing it (Im from NY, USA, dont give me the crap that us in the US need to be catered to more then Euro people, most here can have the competince to check the rules every so often, and not complain about stuff i agreed to but was too lazy to read :D )

And nid is a Forum mod, not like he is gonna go rework the launcher. They said u would get a warnig first anyways.

So many customers seem to be the anti fanboy, almost activly working purposfully against the company they are playing the game from.

-Crono

Nidhogg
16-07-04, 22:45
I never said we wouldn't change it, I was merely pointing out that the current procedure is documented.

N

Praetorian
16-07-04, 22:46
Yes, someway of seeing if people went AFK would be a very welcome addition... Im not so sure that the 'rooted to the spot' is such a good idea, i mean it is, but somehow i sense that would be exploited in some way... Dont ask me, but it could be used to block entrance/exit, kinda like trading players midfights... I am sure the community would find a way to exploit it...

At least the 'AFK' hovering above their head would be nice... or a "Zzzz" :D

Lachlan
16-07-04, 23:09
This, to me, is another example of the constant collision of the European worker-based mindset and the American consumer-based mindset, and as such, there's no solution - except for me to continue to look for a decent MMO run by an American company that treats it's customers well (well by American standards, not European ones).

Yeah pretty much I do. I'm the one paying for a service.

It's no wonder people say Americans have an "I'm special cuz I'm from the U-S-A." attitude.

I wish you'd quit with this "I'm the customer, do what I want." BS. The customer is NOT always right. KK agrees to provide you a certain service for a certain price under certain conditions (those conditions you agreed to when signed up for your account). They owe you nothing beyond that.

The fact that KK tries so hard to please all of the vastly different wants and needs of the community is admirable. Many times they don't succeed, but I think most of the time they fail it's because they try *too* hard to please everyone.

..i..DemonX
17-07-04, 00:46
Is it realy so hard to stay on Topic? This thread was maked only to talk about a /afk and a auto_afk. Now i see 7 Sites full of ppl talking about NC Rules and if they good or not and so on! Make a new thread even when i think we not in the Position to talk about the Rules for the game realy!
If u have something to tell about a /afk, Auto_afk switch do it pls but why in hell ultra highjack the Thread for talk about NC rules and how they maked?!

amfest
17-07-04, 01:09
If players can sign up for their account, and do all that BS. They can go to the website to check the rules. However an in-game email should be sent out each time the rules are updated.no way no ingame emails. Want to ruin my ingame RP experince with emails from reality :(. A launcher window link should be fine enough just so people can be quiet about it. They will still complain they dont' know because let's face it how many REALLY read the launcher page. The same amount that don't go to read the updated rules on the website -_-;;;

And an AFK tag would be great. Especially if it plants you to your position when in AFK mode and deactivates when you do something like typing, mouse movemnt, anything of that sort.

bounty
17-07-04, 01:28
Personal opinion is that the no pushing rule is a good rule. It is one thing if someone keeps GRing in, or go afk in pepper park. They clearly and conciously made the decision to do something that may result in death. However, going afk in p3 or p2(i've seen people pushed through 2 zones before), they were not there to make the decision to enter a place of danger. And the argument of risk....LOL do you leave yourself afk while you sleep next to Pepper park to keep yourself amused or to feel "unsafe?" YOU must be joking. I don't think this makes neocron anymore or anyless carebear.

Also just put a "I agree to all the rules located at xxxurl when launching neocron." covers everything.

Benjie
17-07-04, 01:36
This, to me, is another example of the constant collision of the European worker-based mindset and the American consumer-based mindset.
My nationality is English, but I am defined by my genetics and by my actions.
You can not attribute the sum of peoples debates to the location they reside!

solling
17-07-04, 12:26
erm sit down if u afk perhaps

Crono
17-07-04, 17:09
erm sit down if u afk perhaps

thats been said 100 times alwready, its nothing new :P

But Sitting or standing shouldnt make a huge difference, its stupid that Sitting suddenly makes u un muggable and vice versa.

You should be rooted to where you are, but can be pushed but you go back to your origonal spot a second after.

-Crono

xkorpio
17-07-04, 17:20

Yeah Callash, you are right, some guys have a little cofusion between "Player vs Player" and "Player vs Someone-who-cant-counterattack-so-is-a-safe-way-to-own-them" for some guys will be a feature, yes :lol:

SnowCrash
17-07-04, 17:40
Would the german goverment enforce a new law over the internet on a politics forum or whatever? I dont think so. Why should i have to come to neocron.com to see the rules? i play alot of games and only a few do i actually goto the forums because im more interested in the game.

Anyone would think im asking the world of you, im simply asking you to put the rules ingame where they should be or have a link on the login screen to the rules.

Quote from our Rules of Conduct you have agreed to when creating a Neocron Account.

"THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE NEOCRON WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT REAKKTOR MEDIA MAY HAVE MADE."

Callash
17-07-04, 18:19
Besides, we could put the current rules in a Popup everytime Neocron starts, and people would still complain "But, I always click that away!". And if we would do ingame emails, people would say "I don't read those, I just delete them to get rid of the annoying icon!"

Let's face it. No matter how much you moan, going to the Neocron Homepage IS easy enough. All other ways on which we could bring the rules to the customers would have pretty much the same i-dont-read-that-factor. Read the rules or don't read them, it doesn't matter actually. "I didn't know that it is forbidden" is simply no excuse though. That's all there is to it.

hivemind
17-07-04, 18:22
You're all lazy retards, so we're not even gonna try.
That's what you're trying to say? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crono
17-07-04, 18:26
That's what you're trying to say? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its the truth, i cant even rember the last licence agreement i read fully, even the ones u have to click through like 4 times of it asking you :P

-Crono

MrChumble
17-07-04, 18:29
Quote from our Rules of Conduct you have agreed to when creating a Neocron Account.

"THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE NEOCRON WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT REAKKTOR MEDIA MAY HAVE MADE."

I've started 6 accounts now (although not all are currently active) and I've never bothered to read that thing. I bet on a straw poll you'd find no one else has either :)

They should have a really short version "This is the stuff that could get you banned" :p

Crono
17-07-04, 18:33
I've started 6 accounts now (although not all are currently active) and I've never bothered to read that thing. I bet on a straw poll you'd find no one else has either :)

They should have a really short version "This is the stuff that could get you banned" :p

But its mostly no brianer stuff.

Only people who do things always on the borderline of decency will have anything to worrie about. If your always doing questionable things that are borderline exploitable and u need to know, then u should go out of your way to read it ;P

-Crono

LiL T
17-07-04, 18:39
Ok then where now not allowed to push people into combat zones but this people where stupid to go AFK where they could be pushed in the first place theres plenty of safe places to go AFK like sitting down :rolleyes:

fatwreck
17-07-04, 18:56
i cant believe this is an issue, if you sit afk in a spot that you can be pushed into a non-safezone then shame on you. therse more than enough chairs to sit on in the plazas, or you know you could log off. maybe all these afk players should just log off and free up some much needed server bandwidth.

and yes, put a link for the rules in the launcher menu. you could *gasp* put a "new" icon next to the rule link every time its updated that way we know when it needs to be checked. how are non-forum browsing players supposta know when new rules are made when theres no annoucment, and kk, you dont exactly update rule alot so checking twice a month is very pointless when nothing ever changes except when someone crys enough simply because they, not the pushers, are lazy.

kinda OT: are rezz kills still legal? or is that bannable since people on ventrillo want to tell their team whats going on and not GR out?

MrChumble
17-07-04, 19:00
i cant believe this is an issue

Niether can I, but for entirely different reasons.

Oh no you're not allowed to act like a total cock anymore, deliberatly fucking over someone who can't fight back. I'm amazed people are actually protesting against this.

alig
17-07-04, 19:12
Gee....You poor PKers will just need to camp out in front of GenReps and blast people as they sync in to get your jollies. Life is so unfair for you PKers. Maybe this will encourage a few of you scumbags to go after mobs rather than ripping off people you kill.

Trent

Oh man you sound like the two people i was arguing with.

The game is based on pk'ing and fyi pk'ing is a form of pvp - player vs player - player killing - same shit but if the person im shooting does'nt want to shoot back then i guess thats just player killing but that would'nt be my problem.

----------------

You know what i've noticed this game is full of now since i've joined the best clan on uranus that no one kills ever - NCAT. I've noticed just how many arse wipes play neocron and will do anything and go right out their way to get NCAT banned. This thread just makes things worse, you would rather see one player banned than drop a buyable spell/psi booster/stam booster/armour, sad people, very sad, this game is a fucking farse filled with petty fucking whiners.

You know, LAARD want NCAT banned for pk'ing everyone at Lexxuk's PLAYER ORGANISED EVENT and have been trying to get us banned all last night.

fatwreck
17-07-04, 19:14
You know, LAARD want NCAT banned for pk'ing everyone at Lexxuk's PLAYER ORGANISED EVENT and have been trying to get us banned all last night.

wasnt that event at jeriko? one of NCATs OPs? dosnt that kinda make it NCATs call wether or not we want enemies in our cage? :lol:

alig
17-07-04, 19:16
Nah fatty...it was LAARD's op, they ninja'd half the the map but we pk'ed them and took their op and they didnt even show up to defend.

Anyway i dont wanna make this a clan bash thread as much as id love to bash clans lol.

Indrid Cold
17-07-04, 19:26
Want to avoid being pushed? Sit in an ingame chair.

EDIT:

Whoa this thread has turned into so much more. Most other MMOs have thier rules in the click to play thing and an I agree. And soem even notify you of changes to those rules whenever there are updates. Would it be too hard for NeoCron to impliment something like that, or are they too busy not making any new content and more bugs?

Crono
17-07-04, 19:26
Dont turn this into a asshat vs whiners thread, we got enough of those.
Seriously if people do get enjoyment of others out of game greif, then who could care less if they get banned, sympathy is something you wont find in that area from anyone.

This is a valid point, afk in a Safezone shouldnt be a problem, because its a Safe zone. Finding any soprt of means to get people killed in it is lame and bannable.

Sitting in a chair will stop it, but sitting shouldnt make that big a deal, if it does its obviously that the being pushed around while standing wasnt intended. Sitting for now is a good idea, it will stop it, but anyone defending the exploit of a game mechanic (like bunnyhopping in a FPS, exploiting the physics engine) has to be half retarted or just loves killing afk people.

Mattimeo
17-07-04, 19:59
Besides, we could put the current rules in a Popup everytime Neocron starts, and people would still complain "But, I always click that away!". And if we would do ingame emails, people would say "I don't read those, I just delete them to get rid of the annoying icon!"

Let's face it. No matter how much you moan, going to the Neocron Homepage IS easy enough. All other ways on which we could bring the rules to the customers would have pretty much the same i-dont-read-that-factor. Read the rules or don't read them, it doesn't matter actually. "I didn't know that it is forbidden" is simply no excuse though. That's all there is to it.

The big difference here is, a pop-up or a link in the launcher makes what I have to do to read rules changed passive (even moreso with a popup) instead of active (ooh, there might be a new rule today, I'll check like I do everyday, just in case!).

But sure, that would take work on your part or something I guess. Leaving it only on the website gets it through just fine it seems :rolleyes:

Crono
17-07-04, 20:09
They dont pull rules out of their ass, dont act like a ass and do stuff thats always questionable in weither or not it is a exploit and nothiong bad will ever happen to u.

-Crono