PDA

View Full Version : 2nd account

djskum
16-07-04, 13:31
Do I need a 2nd copy of NC to run a second account on a differrent machine? Or can I buy a cd-key from KK? Would really love a second account.

Basically I'm looking for the quickest and easiest way to do this.

DjSKum

Vampire_Reaver
16-07-04, 13:34
either order a new copy of nc, or you can sign up online at www.neocron.com for a 10-day trial account and then pay a fee of 26.95 (i think it was) and then the trial account will turn into a full account.

edit: it was USD29.95 actually.
http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=55#client

Sakletare
16-07-04, 13:35
Just start a trial account and start paying after 10 days. No problem.
Have fun with all those empty and nice character slots. :)

LiL T
16-07-04, 13:43
I just got one too cos I love the game :D

This is what you do well this is what I did get a 10 day free trail account fill in all the details and stuff and you will be taken to worldpay <--spelling you will get a seperate agreement with them. What I mean is your first account will be on a different user name and password with worldpay so you will have to write or save this some where so you don't get the accounts mixed up. Then you will get 2 emails one from worldpay and one from Reakktor with your game user name and password keep both of these emails now you can play for 10 days on that account for free after 10 days you pay $29,00 I think. That buys you a second copy and your trial account becomes a full account and you get 1 month free play time with that.

This game has got to be the worst and most messed up way to get an account with that worldpay crap

Edit: they beat me too it ^^^^

ezza
16-07-04, 13:45
ive got 3 accounts, got the 3rd on trail, though got the second before they brought in the trail thingy so i had to buy a second copy of the game

Sakletare
16-07-04, 13:48
I'm thinking about getting a second accout too, but i'm going to wait until after BDoY so i won't get any problems with upgrading/payment/whatever.
Even though most my chars are capped i can always find something to do; like working on that PPU INT. :lol:

LiL T
16-07-04, 13:55
And you can have 2 neocron clients running on one machine to do quick item exchanges between alts by copying the neocron folder to a seperate location so you have 2 game folders. Then add LOCALPORT = "6000" in the neocron.ini file in the first folder and LOCALPORT = "6002" in the neocron.ini file of the second folder. Create a shortcut to each game client on your desktop run the first one then run the second its also best to have them running in window mode just use ALT + TAB to switch between them.

winnoc
16-07-04, 13:59
Two computers and two accounts is heaven :-)

You can have a constructor in one, a researcher in the other, level up two ppu's so you can rez yourself and poke yourself, have a driver and a gunner (does give you headaches from watching two screens).

Sakletare
16-07-04, 14:06
Two computers and two accounts is heaven :-)

You can have a constructor in one, a researcher in the other, level up two ppu's so you can rez yourself and poke yourself, have a driver and a gunner (does give you headaches from watching two screens).

Exactly! The first thing i'll get when i get a second account is another PPU so i can rezz myself and always get pokes. :D

...not sure about the driver/gunner-thing though, i think i'll get a second real life person to do the gunning in my rhino (and soon to come; hoverbomber). ;)

djskum
16-07-04, 14:13
Just start a trial account and start paying after 10 days. No problem.
Have fun with all those empty and nice character slots. :)

Lovely! I'll have one of those then ;-)

I was worried about BDOY but hey, how badly can they cock it up? Errrr forget I asked...

DjSKum

Sakletare
16-07-04, 14:17
You still got charged 30USD tho after your 10 days was up? It says you do on the website. Anyway I'm gonna go for it. Lots of lovely new chars 4 me!

DjSKum

Yeah, that's the only drawback. You still have to "buy" the game again, you can't just pay the monthly fee for the second account. :(

But have fun anyway! I'll see you in the 2 account club in a while. ;)

DigestiveBiscui
16-07-04, 14:49
its about £16 dj in uk :P

djskum
16-07-04, 15:01
its about £16 dj in uk :P

Nice! Thanks for your help everyone, this thread can now be closed.

Ta

DjSKum

shend
16-07-04, 15:37
i'm about to get myself a second account as well ;)
with 2 pc's i'm about to get my first multimedia orgasm, adn i'm not talking
about 'we live together' :D

Dirk_Gently
16-07-04, 15:53
Buy a another copy of the game it is cheaper.

You can pick Neocron up in the UK for £7.99.

notneo
16-07-04, 16:00
another advantage is you can trade with yourself if you get the port setting right,very handy,

no more "plz give 1 million nc to my new alt" and hope the guy doesnt run off