PDA

View Full Version : WTS:: 'L' plates

spongeb0b
16-07-04, 10:50
ok so yeah I retook my test today and well yeah I passed with erm 0 thats 'zero' miners!!!!!!!11111onez sex my leet driveing skills :p

Tratos
16-07-04, 10:51
Congratulations :D

Genty
16-07-04, 11:37
Yeah but I passed on the day you failed with 2 minors and have been driving for like 3 months already....I know which option i prefer :D

Congrats.

MkVenner
16-07-04, 11:39
sweet, nice one

garyu69
16-07-04, 11:43
0 minors! Sweet.

And i thought i was good passing first time with only 2 minors.

Dribble Joy
16-07-04, 11:51
Arrr, I passed first time, but got 10 minors :p.
Well done anyway.

Scikar
16-07-04, 12:17
Passed with 8 minors or so 3 days after your first test. :)

0 minors though? Somebody's been practising. :D

EDIT: Btw all the best drivers pass second time. ;)

spongeb0b
16-07-04, 12:27
thnx guys :)

SilentEye
16-07-04, 12:38
You can only have 5 minors here in the Netherlands :(

Marx
16-07-04, 12:49
EDIT: Btw all the best drivers pass second time. ;)
I wish the same was true over here.

:lol:

winnoc
16-07-04, 13:24
I only passed after the third time. The second test i took i had this exam lady screaming hystericaly as i was crossing a ringroad :-)

*I had to wait too long to my liking*

Well, anyhow i've got my license 10 years now and i drive around 45.000km per year, only been in one accident (truck crossing the road with a drunk driver in it).

I should have taken the driving lessons before the first exam, as they teach you a lot of small things that help with your exam.

The Ottoman
16-07-04, 13:30
Past the first time. Don't remember how many minors tho. It's 18 years ago. Think i'm getting demented. :D

darknessfairy
16-07-04, 15:16
I think its quite rude that you all are boasting how you all passed first time - esp genty, cos like that was ub4r rude....

Anyways ive already said it but well done

Lexxuk
16-07-04, 15:19
I cant drive, I win :p

Ascension
16-07-04, 15:19
I think its quite rude that you all are boasting how you all passed first time - esp genty, cos like that was ub4r rude....

Anyways ive already said it but well done

why? go spam FA.com!

---------------------------

anyways i can start learning in september woot go me! :D

darknessfairy
16-07-04, 15:26
ill go spam in a minute, i have to put washing on the line... :rolleyes:

but yes its rude, cos your ruining his proud moment by making him feel bad for not passing first time

SilentEye
16-07-04, 15:27
And above it all, it aint nessecary.

J. Folsom
16-07-04, 15:52
He shouldn't feel bad, it's probably different in the UK, but here most people I know need to take their test at least 4 times before passing. Mostly because 90% of the guys you get your driving test from pay way too much attention to piddly little details though. You practically need to drive some part perfectly, and they still give you 20 minors for it.

Heard that it's less bad out in the country though, but they're downright evil bastards here in the city.

Harch
16-07-04, 16:16
I beat joo all . im 14 . i cant drive . so there fore . i have ZERO minors . SO I PWN!

(thats actually wuite clever)

Soothsayer
16-07-04, 16:39
wth is a minor ?

J. Folsom
16-07-04, 16:43
wth is a minor ?
Someone who is not legally adult :p

When referring to driving exams however, a minor is a small mistake you made. Crashing into someone elses car is a major, keepting to far to the left (or right, depending on country) while you're not directly trying to get in front of someone is a minor. ;)

Soothsayer
16-07-04, 16:51
Someone who is not legally adult :p
When referring to driving exams however, a minor is a small mistake you made. Crashing into someone elses car is a major, keepting to far to the left (or right, depending on country) while you're not directly trying to get in front of someone is a minor. ;)
Thanks for clearing that up. :D

Menolak
17-07-04, 02:06
ok so yeah I retook my test today and well yeah I passed with erm 0 thats 'zero' miners!!!!!!!11111onez sex my leet driveing skills :p

so are you Bob L'eponge (Bob the Sponge) from Venus, or did you just steal his name and avatar?
Oh yeah, nice work on the driving test :)

And if this IS the same Bob, which I don't think it is, but maybe..why didn't you just tell me you spoke English instead of bitching about how bad my french is?:p

jernau
17-07-04, 02:12
Congratulations Bob. :D

wth is a minor ?
A car.

Lexxuk
17-07-04, 02:14
Congratulations Bob. :D

A car.

OMG.. Morris Minor, never lets you down, gets you around town etc.. that song, madness was it?

Doc Holliday
17-07-04, 04:19
why? go spam FA.com!

---------------------------

anyways i can start learning in september woot go me! :D

yay go spam and be the victim of evil polls and nasty posts.

uber java
17-07-04, 04:38
um...WTF is a minor?!?! We dont have them over here in the states.

Promethius
17-07-04, 04:54
minors ?????

jernau
17-07-04, 04:58
um...WTF is a minor?!?! We dont have them over here in the states.
ftp://ftp.lspace.org/pub/pratchett/images/misc/morris-minor2.jpg

yavimaya
17-07-04, 07:59

lol thats a bit of a contradiction.
And i passed mine first go with 1 or so if i remember correctly. :cool:

Genty
17-07-04, 11:58

Who said I passed first time?.....

And if you did not notice...look for the smilie.....

Dru Blood
17-07-04, 12:57
all you have to do now is get caught speeding and your an experianced driver. ;)

strokes his road angle. saves me so much money and time by the curb :p

numb
17-07-04, 14:15
Congrats, 0 minors is obviously very good.

I passed recently, first time, with 13 minors (7 of which were due to me stalling 4 times ;) ).

[TgR]KILLER
17-07-04, 14:47
hehe congratz mate :) got mine almost a year now ( 4th aug ) i'm glad i passed the first time.. 1 week before i passed the money ammount for a driving lesson got upped lol..

my mate passed 1.5 weeks ago.. on this 6th diving exam O.o he already had a car since his 4th exam tho he couldn't drive it lol..

darknessfairy
17-07-04, 21:39
No he's not, he is Spongebob of Uranus, and doesnt speak a word of french....

notneo
18-07-04, 08:41
well you guys got to know that darkness is a bit biased in defending bob so dont flame the posts

anyway now you just got to find the cash to run the car lol,then a house arrgh you fun has ended,get a job,less nc

tho i work 55 hours a week and still manage 20+ hours of nc a week

JackScratch
18-07-04, 08:49
What's a minor? Sorry, took my test when the earth was young and hair metal was still popular.

Scikar
18-07-04, 10:24
From what I've heard, driving tests in America are a bit shorter than ones over here. My driving instructor told me he did a driving test in Florida where he only drove around a car park twice before the examiner told him he'd passed, he asked why the test didn't take place on an actual road and was told that it's too dangerous. However, that may have been a long time ago, and I have no doubt it changes from state to state. So I'd be interested if any folks from the US could enlighten me. :)

What's a minor? Sorry, took my test when the earth was young and hair metal was still popular.
The test here lasts on average 37 minutes, and takes place along a set route designed to include varying types of driving, 2 maneuvres from the choice of 3-point turn, left reverse around a corner, and parallel parking, and 1 in 3 tests includes an emergency stop.

A minor is just that, a minor fault. A little mistake which everyone might make on a day to day basis, miss a mirror check, give a slightly misleading signal, that kinda stuff. 4 minors in one area becomes a serious fault, e.g. fail to check your left mirror before turning left 4 times = serious fault. Creating a dangerous situation e.g. pull out in front of a truck is of course a dangerous fault. One serious or dangerous fault is a fail, 16 minors also becomes a fail. And in 40 minutes of driving, it's fairly easy to rack the minors up.

I got a serious fault on my first test for not going fast enough when passing a parked car on my side of the road. There was a car coming towards me which had to slow down to let me through, and he had right of way, therefore it's a serious fault. All I had to was put my foot down. :p I got another one for coming too close to another parked car later on as well. Second time around I skidded about 2 inches on the emergency stop, normally a skid on emergency stop is considered a loss of control and a serious fault unless you stop the skid and then brake again, but it was right at the end of the stop and so I couldn't do anything about it. In the end I only got a minor for it, and passed. It was the same intructor as well. :)

Bleh I seem to be rambling and making long posts today. I think I need sleep. :p

EDIT: Rearranged to actually make sense.

spongeb0b
18-07-04, 12:23
anyway now you just got to find the cash to run the car lol,then a house arrgh you fun has ended,get a job,less nc

tho i work 55 hours a week and still manage 20+ hours of nc a week

I have a job thanks :p but yeah with petrol prices in england erm I may keep driving to a minimum :(

Scikar
18-07-04, 12:46
I have a job thanks :p but yeah with petrol prices in england erm I may keep driving to a minimum :(
What car you got? I've got a Nissan Micra that does 300+ miles on a full tank, which costs me £20.

notneo
18-07-04, 15:32
renault magane scenic,which the wife drives,i drive a van costs the company £75 a week in deisel

Mr Kot
18-07-04, 16:52
Well put, Scikar. U beat me to it :p

2 maneuvres from the choice of 3-point turn, left reverse around a corner, and parallel parking,

You forgot the dreaded reverse into a parking bay (added after patch #2182 :lol: )

4 minors in one area becomes a serious fault

Not any more, this was abolished when they nerfed the test in '99 (patch #2047). Examiners can still justify recording a serious fault if the candidate is blatantly repeating minors, but there is no "hard cap" of 4. I have seen test passes nowadays with 4 minors in one area.

Finally, just to clarify things once and for all, here's the official word taken from the back of the new official test report form:

http://www.davesdrivertraining.co.uk/Neocron/DL25rear.jpg

The term "driving fault" is the new politically correct version of the old term "minor fault". Loads of instructors and students still refer to them as minors, though.

Mr Kot
18-07-04, 17:25
Oh, and congrats @ Spongeb0b. Passing a UK driving test is hard enough, passing with no faults is like finding the scorpion queen on pluto ;) Well done, m8.

How about a screenie of your DL25 for the unbelievers? (or just to REALLY rub it in ppl's faces :D )

darknessfairy
18-07-04, 17:48
He said he'll put it up when he gets home (he's at my house atm)

spongeb0b
18-07-04, 21:58
ok guys there it is... I edited the sigs for security reasons :angel: