PDA

View Full Version : Trikes and cheats

MrChumble
15-07-04, 20:45
A request and a question.

[ edited ]

2) Why can a gentank outrun a trike? I can't begin to describe how annoying it is. It makes no sense and leaves the trike next to useless.

Nidhogg
15-07-04, 20:47
Don't name names on the forums, please.

N

/edit yeah, or discuss exploits :p

MrChumble
15-07-04, 20:49
Ok. You've seen the pic and the name though. Are you going to do anything about it? O_o

I've no idea how to do the exploit and if I did I wouldn't tell anyone.

edit of me edited edit: Edited for harrassment? How is it harrassing someone to point out they cheat? I didn't make him do what he did.

Nidhogg
15-07-04, 20:51
I'm afraid it's outside of my realm of responsibility. Please send it to exploits@neocron.com and it will be investigated properly.

N

MrChumble
15-07-04, 20:51
I'm afraid it's outside of my realm of responsibility. Please send it to exploits@neocron.com and it will be investigated properly.

That so clearly feeds directly into /dev/null :(

slaughteruall
15-07-04, 20:52
That so clearly feeds directly into /dev/null :(

Everyone but the mods know this is true. Either that or the only thing on the other side to read it is a hampster.

Nidhogg
15-07-04, 20:53
It so clearly does not. Posting exploits on the forum so clearly feeds directly to /dev/ban though, so please follow the correct procedure.

N

Q`alooaith
15-07-04, 20:53
It get's seen by the right people.

By posting this stuff on the forum's your basicaly giving the offender a head's up to stop cheating while he's being watched..

and yes vehical's are in general too slow.

MrChumble
15-07-04, 20:54
It so clearly does not. Posting exploits on the forum so clearly feeds directly to /dev/ban though, so please follow the correct procedure.

N

LoL :lol:

+rep for being subtle like teh brick :lol:

Edit: aww I need to share it around before you get anymore.

SorkZmok
15-07-04, 21:30
All vehicles except the hovertec need their speed increased, they all need their turning speed increased and the combat hovertec and trike 2nd gun ranks need to be higher. Vehicles also need to be SOLID. So no more fuckasses running after me INSIDE my rhino hitting it constantly while i cant shoot back. Rhinos also go down way too fast to HL and AV launchers.

Apart from that, vehicles are fine. o_O

Melkior
15-07-04, 21:40
Rhinos also go down way too fast to HL and AV launchers.

afaik the AV on AV launcher stands for anti-vehicle, forgive me if i'm wrong but i thought the whole point of these was to take out...well...vehicles... :rolleyes:

MrChumble
15-07-04, 21:48
afaik the AV on AV launcher stands for anti-vehicle, forgive me if i'm wrong but i thought the whole point of these was to take out...well...vehicles... :rolleyes:

Yeah it is, but that doesn't mean it's not overpowered.

MjukisDjur
15-07-04, 21:52
Regarding vehicle speed, the hovercraft used to be alot faster right? I could cross a zone in about 2 seconds before... :) miss that...

tiikeri
15-07-04, 22:00
umm.... u have anyclues what AV bazookas do to tanks these days?

direct hit to chains and the tank is feast. So i can't really see why "in the future" the AV guns would suck and the VHCs wouldn't get a scratch from AV launcer..

amfest
15-07-04, 22:10
umm.... u have anyclues what AV bazookas do to tanks these days?

direct hit to chains and the tank is feast. So i can't really see why "in the future" the AV guns would suck and the VHCs wouldn't get a scratch from AV launcer..
You're comparing to real life . .lolol.

Yup and I can take 3 full clips of plasma to the face!

no but seriously Vehicles should be tougher. Well they made them better than the paper they used to be in the begining then they put in weapons that would make them like wood rather than the metal they are. Although on Open top vehicles which is pretty much all of them save like umm 2 I believe, it's just even easier cause you can just nail the runner in his seat.

Mr_Snow
15-07-04, 22:15
Make them any tougher and they will be virtually impossible to kill if you dont have an AV launcher with you and then they will be overpowered.

tiikeri
15-07-04, 22:29
@amfest: I always try to compare some things with RL. Like for instance RoF on Melees, or AV launchers vs VHC:s :)

I wouldn't like that one hit to head with nailgun would kill me :)

Underground
15-07-04, 22:34
no, dont increase the armour or the speed of vehicles, I LOVE chasing a rhino from MB to gabanium mine with my melee tank wearing it down with my POB and then killing the shit scared crew :lol::lol::lol::lol: oh wait, thats a reason why they should be boosted :p

tiikeri
15-07-04, 22:40
hmm.. does VHC skill count on driving speed?

cause, one day, i was driving my rhino with my spy.. and it was soooooo slow.. And then again.. there is certain CM ppl driving with rhino that fast that you can't catch it on foot.

Shadow Dancer
15-07-04, 22:42
They should make VHC skill count towards your speed and maneuverability.

Q`alooaith
15-07-04, 22:43
people seam to forget that IRL you've not got armor on normaly..

Archeus
15-07-04, 22:56
Regarding vehicle speed, the hovercraft used to be alot faster right? I could cross a zone in about 2 seconds before... :) miss that...

The speed of the craft used to be based on your FPS. When I unlocked my FPS I was able to almost (and I mean almost) make it to the top mountain by driving straight at it. You could also do other funky things like drive at right angles (on wheeler bike), making you impossible to see except that your wheels would shoot off into the distance.

Also there used to be a noticable difference in speed based on skill. It used to be in ratio to the LE penalty. Don't know if that still exists though.

Brammers
15-07-04, 23:19
A request and a question.
2) Why can a gentank outrun a trike? I can't begin to describe how annoying it is. It makes no sense and leaves the trike next to useless.

Ermm all but one vehicle is slower than a gentank. The only way to outrun a Gentank is with a hovertec....unless you crash. (Which happened to me)

Or turn the trike around and fire at the gentank - if they are that stupid to get get in the line of fire.

amfest
15-07-04, 23:27
Make them any tougher and they will be virtually impossible to kill if you dont have an AV launcher with you and then they will be overpowered.
Umm the only ones you'd have a problem with are the rhino and apc as you can't hit the driver, gunner, or passengers (except the apc gunner >_< ) I dont' know I"m just thinking .. if you don't have the "right" weapon you really "shouldn't" be able to destroy them easily. You might have to "gasp" retreat or seek cover. Call in people to help that do have the right weapon.

MrChumble
15-07-04, 23:47
Or turn the trike around and fire at the gentank

Yeah I tried that a few times, but almost fell asleep at the wheel cos turning was so slow.

Mr_Snow
16-07-04, 00:45
Umm the only ones you'd have a problem with are the rhino and apc as you can't hit the driver, gunner, or passengers (except the apc gunner >_< ) I dont' know I"m just thinking .. if you don't have the "right" weapon you really "shouldn't" be able to destroy them easily. You might have to "gasp" retreat or seek cover. Call in people to help that do have the right weapon.

How about instead of making them tougher to kill that you make it so that they need infantry support to stop people from killing the tank?

Clive tombstone
16-07-04, 01:29
I aggree with the Vehicle speed and turning boosts, I mean, come on, the turn WAY to slow, and there actaul speeds compared to what a car would normally go would make the RL car Point and laugh (assuming it came with the "pointing and laughing accessories :D ")

I mean seriously, a wheeler, look at it, it SCREAMS fast (visually) but in reality(virtual?) its speeds are lacking, as well as the other vehicles, and That FPS stuff for hovertech? isnt that a wee bit biased to people with "lacking" systems?

please can we get an Amen?

Candaman
16-07-04, 03:12
people seam to forget that IRL you've not got armor on normaly..

u forget that irl a strap on claw would not take chunks off a tank

Biznatchy
16-07-04, 05:22
I can see the AV weps doing good damage to a tank. The HL damage to tanks is just silly.

Jesterthegreat
16-07-04, 05:31
u forget that irl a strap on claw would not take chunks off a tank

lmfao

you do make me chuckle :p

Ramzi
16-07-04, 05:37
I can see the AV weps doing good damage to a tank. The HL damage to tanks is just silly.

Lightning + tank made of metal SHOULD = dead crew.

Stop comparing to RL please.

Menolak
16-07-04, 07:41
@amfest: I always try to compare some things with RL. Like for instance RoF on Melees, or AV launchers vs VHC:s :)

I wouldn't like that one hit to head with nailgun would kill me :)

makes sense, really, IRL a shock of a holy lightning magnitude would probably at the least fry out any electronics, not to mention cook the crew nice and toasty..Do Rhino's have rubber wheels to ground them? Nope

And dude, I've worked construction..there's a damn good chance that IRL, a headshot from a nailgun WOULD be a one-shot kill.The one I used to use drove the nails with a really big compressor, and I've seen other models that load .22 cartridges to drive the nail (I guess, technically, that's a nail driver, not a nail gun)
If ya don't believe me and want to experiment, I'm sure MTV and Jackass would make an exception and play THAT video.

winnoc
16-07-04, 09:11
Well, i have no problem outrunning anyone on my rhino. And as for melee tanks, cmon gimme a break. If they chase me they're dead in 3-4 shots.
My rhino only gets destroyed by a reveler or when there's several people shooting their AV at me and i get the "rhino health doesn't go down" bug.

Yes, i've been driving around thinking i'm immortal, inside an op with turrets and all of a sudden health 100% BLAM rhino gone. Now they should fix that.

Also i think, not sure though that speed "might" depend on vehicle skill, as when i was 62 veh i was getting chased my a bunch of monks and they killed the rhino, where as now i seem to outrun everyone with 101 veh.

Scikar
16-07-04, 09:12
Vehicles are designed to be earthed you know - when was the last time you heard of someone in a car struck by lightning who was killed? Answer is you don't, the current flows to Earth by the path of least resistance, which means not passing through occupants in any significant quantity when there's plenty of conducting metal to flow through.

A minor speed increase on some of the vehicles is a good idea IMO.

Though remember that it's not just Tanks - A Tank with an AV rocket launcher can't move faster than a vehicle while firing it, in fact he has to stop and crouch if he wants any chance of hitting even a Rhino. An APU can run just as fast except he can shoot HL while running full tilt.

Archeus
16-07-04, 09:16
makes sense, really, IRL a shock of a holy lightning magnitude would probably at the least fry out any electronics, not to mention cook the crew nice and toasty..Do Rhino's have rubber wheels to ground them? Nope

It wouldn't cook the people inside as the tank would act like a faraday cage. Lightning would take the quickest route to the ground which would be alongside the outside. You could put your hand on one side of the metal and not feel anything (as long as you aren't earthed).

If you are ever in Boston, check out the science museum they have a cool tezla coil. Used to live nearby so got to play with it one time too.

Ramzi
16-07-04, 09:21
Yes I am sure lightning in nature reacts the exact same way as a psi monk channeling it does.

Logan_storm_03
16-07-04, 09:22
lol, once ages ago, i got my first combat hover quite abit ago and in one fight near MB, we where having sum fun in our clan ;), but i was still lvl 45 so i kept on my combat hover and did scouting and sum fighting, but sum big ass clan showed but and owned our clan, but luckly i was on my hover. but 2 ov um had AV rockets, but easly dodged, got sum plasma in my face and got down to 1/2 health :( , so i flawed it like 3 sectors :cool:, just jumped off to buff up, and like a second later the big ass tank with the AV bust through the sync with a big ass rare flame thrower and cooked me abit :(. Then blew up ma combat hover :(

winnoc
16-07-04, 09:57
Well, i might do some tests on this, lom out my vehicle to 62 and some repair too, as i seem to get less beneftis from +140 repair on vehicles anyway (point increase vs repair % done on rhino).

I'll try outrunning a tank with 62 and then try outrunning it with 100 and higher.

Dazist
16-07-04, 10:25
Take time it takes to drive across the zone with those different vhc skills. You can even use some drugs to temporarily lower your vhc skill. Paretemol Forte and X-Strong decrease vhc skill by 20 points each. Also have someone else outside the vehicle to time the drive too. There might be differences between clientside and serverside speed.

Oath
16-07-04, 10:37

Um, you do know what happens when you're car is struck by lightning dont you?

Yes I am sure lightning in nature reacts the exact same way as a psi monk channeling it does.

Riiiight. Because we all know real Psi monks in Rl don't we..... :rolleyes:
So...

sure.

Scikar
16-07-04, 12:04

Nice cop-out. ;)

ezza
16-07-04, 12:23
just as long as they dont nerf meh tankys run speed.

i run faster than most and rhinos can go faster than people seen it many times when rhinos strike at cycrow on saturn

Genty
16-07-04, 12:26
There is no doubt in my mind that vehicles (except hovertec) all need at least a 50% boost in speed and armour to go with that. OR, they bring out more advanced vehicles with these features that cost more.

winnoc
16-07-04, 13:19
Well, i'm using rhino's a LOT these days and the only times i've gotten one destroyed was my own stupidity (going to hack a wb while someone was on a hill shooting av at it, then one time going into an op with turrets and lots of FA around, fighting some people at bd, with a reveler shooting at me).

If you face AV launchers, keep on moving, keep distance, and don't drive away or towards em staight, the rockets won't hit you.
Facing revelers, shoot the reveler, not the gunner or the driver, you will destroy the reveler faster than it can take you out, people on foot are sitting ducks for a rhino.

The only times you gotta run is with a PPU-APU or PPU-AV tank combo.
You just can't beat those.

Oh yeah, and you can also snipe with a rhino :-)

Biznatchy
16-07-04, 17:17

No, Im talking about game balance not RL. I think your thinking of RL with your dead crew comment.

A person could not be better protected then in a solid metal box connected to ground from lighting. The solid metal armor would portect the person and bypass the lighting to ground. So your not right even if you were talking RL lighting.

Either way HL still does to much damage to tanks.

MrChumble
16-07-04, 18:21
Forget realistic, vehicles just need to be two things:

1) They must be internally consistent with the game world. Quite clearly NEXT and ASG would never turn a profit if they sold vehicles that go slower than your average runner can run.

2) They need to be fun. Judging by how little they're used - and how annoyed the people that DO spec to use them are - I'd say this isn't the case.

Bollocks to realistic lightning effects, I'll settle for being able to outrun a paralysed nib.

Menolak
16-07-04, 19:14
Riiiight. Because we all know real Psi monks in Rl don't we..... :rolleyes:
So...

sure.

Yo, I do, his name's Joe and he's my weed supplier, too.. :p