PDA

View Full Version : DOT/Heals and Zoning

StryfeX
15-07-04, 19:45
WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED?! This so-called "feature" has been ingame for quite some time now and it is starting to get really old.

--Stryfe

Jock Rockwell
15-07-04, 19:50
Agreed.

Kinda Makes Fire and Poison useless fightin around zone lines.

Although its funny watching people with a holy heal on runnin into pp thinking ''its ok im being healed''

But yeah it definatley needs a fix.

Rade
15-07-04, 19:52
Uhm, this feature is a fix to the poisoning zone hopping apu monks. While its
stupid I still prefer this.

StryfeX
15-07-04, 20:42
Uhm, this feature is a fix to the poisoning zone hopping apu monks. While its
stupid I still prefer this.I'd prefer they fix the heals and leave the DOT stuff the way it is.

--Stryfe

tiikeri
15-07-04, 21:52
na-a.. fix both, heal after zoning and stacks staying after zoning.
Like now... if somebody gets a few stacks of something he zones and zones back and continues fighting like nothing happened.. = gay :'(

Rade
15-07-04, 21:54
Like now... if somebody gets a few stacks of something he zones and zones back and continues fighting like nothing happened.. = gay :'(

It was exploited to hell and back both in PvP and PvM. Sorry but no. Id prefer
it do be like if the person that has a stack on him zones then the stack will
remain, but if the person that casts the spell zones then they will stop
working. Apparently its not easy to make those checks so KK has made it so
dots only work as long as the caster and target remain in the zone they were
in when the spell was cast.

amfest
15-07-04, 21:58
The problem with that is people stacking poison like hell on people then zoning when they were about to die so they wouldn't recieve the Faction and soullight hit when they died. I suppose it was too much trouble to make it carry over to another zone so they just stopped it all from carrying over.

Rade
15-07-04, 22:02
The problem with that is people stacking poison like hell on people then zoning when they were about to die so they wouldn't recieve the Faction and soullight hit when they died. I suppose it was too much trouble to make it carry over to another zone so they just stopped it all from carrying over.

Not to mention barrels and various pvm exploits etc.

Shadow Dancer
15-07-04, 22:08
I think the only problem was being able to not lose SL by zoning away. I don't see anything wrong with zoning after you poison them.

An apu sees you, he casts 5 poisons then he zones. He could have done the same with HL. It's not like he hits you FROM the other zone with poison. The poison affects you AFTER he casts it. So if he zones, it doesn't matter what he casted. Either way he was there, for you to attack, while he was doing the casting. Poison is just delayed damage. If it was instant, it would have just done all the damage at once, and there is no difference. So stack damage is irrelevant when talking about zoning. :rolleyes:

And if KK wanted to fix it, they could have shortened the stack time of Poison. Of course people wouldn't want that, then they wouldn't have 5 years to be able to heal/run to a ppu/take antidotes. :rolleyes:

The SL problem should have been fixed, or make the stack alot quicker.

tiikeri
15-07-04, 22:08
Well the biggest problem for me is that ppl run out with stacks and wont die.

And that heal doesn't work after zoned.

btw: vub ur sig amfest :)

amfest
15-07-04, 22:18
YUP shadow it was the SL problem . . . Majority of times I've seen poison used in pvp was near zone lines so they can just get away without a hit to their SL. Other than that it was your typical HL. Most common thing I saw was some zaps of HL then switch to poison spell, stack and then run across zoneline :rolleyes:

Just don't fight near zonelines and you have no problems. Oh noooooo abadon pp!! oh noooooo!!

oh and thx tiikeri

It was a bit bigger than 100 pixels and I had to resize it but it doesn't play the right speed on my pc anymore :( but then again I have a crap PC :p

Orginal one I found I've uploaded to my space here http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/cool.gif

Shadow Dancer
15-07-04, 22:22
Just don't fight near zonelines and you have no problems. Oh noooooo abadon pp!! oh noooooo!!

The problem is poison lasts 5 years. Maybe if it lasted only 5 seconds, then........:p

It was a bit bigger than 100 pixels and I had to resize it but it doesn't play the right speed on my pc anymore :( but then again I have a crap PC :p

Orginal one I found I've uploaded to my space here http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/cool.gif

Your sig lags the hell out of me, lol.