PDA

View Full Version : New Idea - ASG Genreps n gogo's

Lexxuk
15-07-04, 16:07
Ok, there are a fair few ASG's out there now, more than I care to count in fact, some I never knew about and only just found (they new?) anyhow, why not turn the ASG's into a kind of GenRep, the ASGRep, basically, you go upto an ASG, and you can choose to teleport to any other ASG on the map, it would be expensive though, like 10k a pop, and the synaptic impairment would be higher than the SI from GenRepping.

Also, putting gogo's next to ASG's would be a nifty idea, you get to the ASG and find you forgot something, your only hope is to run to the nearest gogo, which just happens to be in an Op surrounded by turrets so you end up dead, a neutral gogo at the ASG's would let you get your stuff for your trek.

ezza
15-07-04, 16:09
right ok so instead of using you vehicle to get from one to another(which is what they are there for) you genrep to them, hmm no.

Lexxuk
15-07-04, 16:20
right ok so instead of using you vehicle to get from one to another(which is what they are there for) you genrep to them, hmm no.

Aye, you could GenRep from the ASG outside NC gates to the ASG outside MB, or the ASG in j_16, or the ASG at Desert Racetrack, pick up your vehicle and drive around from there. ATM you can only use the GR up at Escador if your friendly to DOY, so it would open the map a little bit more without needing to rely on GR's which are either not there or are locked down.

ezza
15-07-04, 16:22
also defeating the object of driving

Lexxuk
15-07-04, 16:26
Not really, makes people who want to drive much more able to drive, you want to use the ASG in J_16, and your Tangent, escador is a nogo coz of DOY's, syncon, tescom, cajun, eastgate, soliko, nemesis and tristar are all locked down, as well as Blackhill, your only choice is to then run from El Farid to either Desert Racetrack or all the way across the map past DOY's and stuff till you hit the ASG. By making ASG's around the map more accessible, you would encourage driving.

Heavyporker
18-07-04, 06:29
Actually, while I can understand the concept behind this, I have to say, there might be JUST a tad too many public grs to fairly turn vehicle depots into GRs too...

Menolak
18-07-04, 06:38
I dunno about that, but I wish there were gogo's at the garages on Saturn..
(We've got em on Venus)

Garg [RogueNET]
18-07-04, 06:43
how come saturn dont get shit like that?
Pluto get benches trash cans and everything, so does the other servers.. saturn aint got shit but PKers

IceStorm
18-07-04, 07:08
There's only one remote ASG that has no GG nearby, the far northeast one (far as I'm aware - I haven't been there in ages). Desert Racetrack and Battle Dome both have GGs, A_08 has a GG, while Mil Base, TH, TG, A_07 and A_09 all have GGs just inside their zone borders. I would support adding a GG to the far Northeast one, but the rest don't need them. I'd also support adding a GR to the far northeast one as well - it's already got a CRP-like structure in the zone.

how come saturn dont get shit like that?
Pluto get benches trash cans and everything, so does the other servers.. saturn aint got shit but PKersYou answered your own question - Saturn's full of PKers. If you want items more conducive to RPing then move to servers that support those aspects of NC.

And Venus isn't run by Reakktor so it really doesn't count when comparing resources on the servers.

seraphian
19-07-04, 03:56
How about making a Vehicle GR... that you can drive into and out of on the other side?

Marx
19-07-04, 03:59
How about eliminating all but a few GR's, only leaving those in cities and wasteland towns... Putting GoGo's there, and taking them out of the OP aboveground sections... Making it so only clans can GR to their OP and use the below ground GoGo's... And adding ASG's to several of the larger wasteland cities.

This would:
a.) force use of wasteland cities and settlements.
b.) Encourage the use of vehicles.
c.) Force players to get off their whiny lazy asses.