PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Router Annoyance

Syntax-Error
15-07-04, 11:52
Well ok. so im trying to host some games of NWN with a load of clan mates and others. and im pretty much stumped now. ive asked on there support forums and they all seem to have the line "Forward port xxxx and it will work" however ive forwarded EVERY port they suggested and in the end forwarded EVERY port and i mean full DMZ. ( still doin the virus scan now :( ) but still no avail. the game can be seen by gamespy server but when people try and connect it times out >:(.

Now i was hoping to use kali. but it seem i wud have to pay $20 to host the game because i have a no-cd crack on ( yes i own the full game i just hate having to put the different CDs from all my games in )

for those who dont know. kali has the GREAT ability to make your PC think theres a network connection between several IP adresses. so you can play a lan game over the internet. its exelent for avoiding the bullshit gamespy servers that companys force you to use ( and never work ). anyone know another tool that can do this or something similar so i dont have to go though gamespy as im pretty sure that my problems lie there. ( i hate gamespy SOOO much )

SilentEye
15-07-04, 12:10
If port forwarding doesnt do it then get a Router Software Update.

Syntax-Error
15-07-04, 12:15
bah people who made my router are retarded and never actually made any updates or infact anything atall. its a shitty little thing but its not me whos payin so i have no say in the matter.. god damnit and all >:( ( dont even know what the company is called anymore tbh cos it dnt say on it )

Mighty Max
15-07-04, 12:19
Setting up a VPN might help ya

Saza
15-07-04, 12:20
As a side note, is a router/firewall the only thing preventing you from hosting games? Or do things like ISP matter?

Syntax-Error
15-07-04, 17:56
well it seems that my router wont forward the ports due to it been a piece of shit. so im guna buy myself a linksys one :D