PDA

View Full Version : Dear Neocron Developers

Social-Zero
14-07-04, 22:21
oh and before reading this , this is nothing new , most of us know it already but it's still a nice list of what everyone posted in the last months/years

Dear Neocron Developers,

I come from the future, I have seen the chaos you left behind when you
launched Dome of York. Ok seriously now
I have been playing Neocron for a long time now.
Ever since Neocron went retail there have been bugs and issues with all kinds of things.
But we all kept our heads up and hoped for improvements.
And we must admit, a lot has changed since the game went retail
Not all for the better but most of it was pretty decent stuff.
However , the bugs and server problems remained.
I will post a list here of some of my most frustrating issues i have with the game

- The Servers, can we have one week without rolling back? Seriously
how can these still be used. You"ve got nothing but problems,
Day after day after day.

- Something people might not be bothered with but I am , TEXTURE & DESIGN problems.
Invisible walls ( plaza 2 aggie cellars for example ), texture bugs on the floors and walls
like when you exit plaza 3 to go in plaza 2 , look on the floor and there are hundreds of those

- Related to the servers that suck , the SYNC bugs , Try zoning 15 times after eachother ,
If you don't get a long sync once , then you're winning the lottery.

- Fix your client KK ! OMG @ the crashes! It has a life of it's own.
Make it STABLE !

- If you logout the game should not Count down from 10 to 0, it should ask you
Do you really want to log out? YES/NO , that's it and when you press YES , it should log out and not wait 20 seconds before your body goes away from the server.
EDIT: well it's usefull to let the body still in the game , but it's frustrating when you get a crash and it's not your fault which brings us back to our FIX the crashes statement :)

- Inventory bug, when you die and get your inventory back,
items switch places and get the wrong icon

- Inventory MESS , when you die your whole inventory is a mess , seriously , fix that
I'm tired of sorting my inventory time aftertime again

- Fix the bug where you can't kill anything by using a soulcluster during an epic run
because it doesn't register the damage and kill for your character

- The GM's , They try their best to serve runners with bugs but they cannot do anything
NOTHING in fact , they can't do anything usefull or it's against their policy.
Even the most reasonable things.

- Fix the stacking of the poison beam etc... They should keep stacking but
your shields should still be visible

- Events, I don't know what happened there. I am so sick of the lack of events , it's
really easy to make us happy, cause we are happy with just a little fun
Make certain runners run into the wastelands to hunt down with usefull items or rare stuff
Don't do it once every 6 months , do it weekly or even more and do some other fun stuff
It's really easy to impress us but you lack imagination
We pay for your game , make it worth our cash!

==============================

these last days I have come to fear the very overpowered "melee tank"
This isn't the first time a class has been labeled "overpowered" " hybrids cough cough"
Now that being a hybrid is pretty useless ( well , i'm a hybrid myself ) it's
time to overpower something else? like melee :(

What does an ordinary battle look like for a monk? Let's take pepper park
You zone in , 2 melee's start hitting ya and you try to run but oooh you
can't cause you are stuck in sync !!Then you gr out, ooh your clients
gives a fatal runtime error ,so you have less time to get your belt back if you are on your own
and you got the shitty S I again ( way too much after dying , it's really useless )

And you are going to release an expansion?

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON OUR SOULS 8|

WISH LIST
=========
- remove the requirements from MC5 chips

- give PE's back steath

- DO SOMETHING WITH PSI resist (para resist cough )

- PPU RARE: Holy Protection Aura-
way i c it antibuff removes shelter and deflector, so there should be a spell
that does both shelter and deflector at the same time with a cast time somewhere between a capped holy shelter and holy deflector.

- Make the hackscreen smaller so you can still see what goes on around you to avoid being ganked when hacking without even knowing it

- Anti drugs stackable

- Manable turrets at OPs

- Stuff constructable at OPs, like Gates, Manned Turrets, landmines, one-use Vehicle Spawn points

- Introducing Chop-shops, to customize already existing vehicles and make massive behemoths, multi manned, i want a Death Star

- More life to the wasteland, more choices to actually live in the wastelands

- remove MST - Bring back EPSI

- faction weapons - 3 or 4 of each that HAVE to be earnt by individuals...
and theyre like big medals and mark yu out as a faction special representative.

- anyone anticity to be kicked out and KoS to anyone inside the city

- More vehicle weapons

- Customizable car colors

- Dont nerf PPU defense - If you don't want the Passive Charactor remove it from the game

- If you nerf monk Agility I might as well reroll as a turtle

- Hacking Glove please

- Increase the INT XP gain for monks - Nothing is harder to cap i swear

- Ability to add more cabs to apt

- Allow us to customize our look! Alex and his pink shirt was the only one I could recognize immediately in a fight

greendonkeyuk
14-07-04, 22:29
i think you jus condensed almost every thread made in the last year here. Still very valid points. Except pes and stealth.... they dont need it.

Mingerroo
14-07-04, 22:36
Ok, so you made a lot of valid points. But KK hope that the changes they have made with BDoY will put an end to a lot of those, including the huge server cleanup when we transfer to BDoY.

Also, a lot of your wishes are coming with BDoY, like character customisation. Or have you not bothered to read the background information before ranting?

One note:

If you logout the game should not Count down from 10 to 0, it should ask you
Do you really want to log out? YES/NO , that's it and when you press YES , it should
log out and not wait 20 seconds before your body goes away from the server.

Did you actually think about that? The idea is so you can't just disappear instantaneously to miss PvP. If you really hate the "10 seconds thing" just press alt-F4, this one seems like just an excuse to add an extra whine to your list.

Steve

Rade
14-07-04, 22:36
- If you logout the game should not Count down from 10 to 0, it should ask you
Do you really want to log out? YES/NO , that's it and when you press YES , it should
log out and not wait 20 seconds before your body goes away from the server.

Uhm no, thats to make so you cant just quit out of a dangerous situation,
there isnt a mmorpg out there who doesnt have it. Other than that, some
decent thoughts.

Social-Zero
14-07-04, 22:39
fair enough , leave in the body still being there but by pressing alt+ 4
Most of the people get a bug which lets the game's gamma settings glare over to windows so your whole screen looks much brighter and a reboot is needed :(

But ok you're right , it's needed in an mmorpg...

my honest stupid mistake :p

seraphian
14-07-04, 23:01
How about a quick-switch if you FRE... if your client stops responding to server queries (IE it's hard-locked or crashed) you pop out instantly.

Other than that I agree 100% with most of the stuff you said...

NCs instability and connectivity issues are SERIOUS problems, and if it weren't for the fact that theres no better cyberpunk MMORPG FPS out there, a lot of people would be gone... I just saw the latest peak at The Matrix: Online. and unless bDoY is revolutionary, stable and a lot better than NC currently is, KK is fucked.

Also, play balance is pretty good with 2 exceptions: Melee tanks and PPUs, PLEASE balance these, I'm sick of having to have a strap-on PPU to get any serious levelling done, and even more sick of a 2-person APU/PPU combo being able to wax a team of 4 tanks and a rifle spy (all about the same level, same skill in PvP roughly)

PvM is a mess too, we need more mid-rank mobs... right now it's aggies for bloody ages then launchers for bloody ages then warbots for fucking ever... to cap. also give better XP to high-rank mobs and make them worth hunting rather than ANOTHER 3 hours of quality time with your Barrel spell/raycannon at El Farid.

if Neocron keeps growing, the framework has the real potential to keep a lot of players interested (and paying for accounts) for a long time, but if it stagnates, it's all over.

Doc Holliday
15-07-04, 00:15
if u switch out of game server side the same instant u do client side its a new form of zone whoring. its been discussed.

OMG OMG OMG I R GETTIN PKZ000RED!!!!111123456 I R LOGGIN OUTZ0R QUICK!!!! HAHAHAHAH DAT F000KED U N!B GET SUM SKILLZ HAHAHAHA!!!!12345

get the idea :p

Type X
15-07-04, 00:21
Dont give PE's stealth, my god man, as a spy its my only defense, and even then its somtimes untolerable. I have a bit of a wish list of my own to add if I may.

1. Obliterators be given the added function of unstealthing at will, its a rare weapon for christs sake, and on Pluto the parts are very hard to come by.

2. Customizable vehicle appearance - I back it all the way, lord knows I love my hovertech but that butt-ugly camo crap! Make it red or somthing, like the wheeler, indeed the camo colors have helped hide it a time or two, but Id still like to change its color.

3. Epic drones, I think there should be an epic drone, one that cant be dropped or destroyed, and I think the requirements on drones in general need to be lowered 5 points or so a piece, yea, some drones pwn you faster than you even know youre dead, but not unless the droner himself has a dex level of 120...Also the handling should be made easier, drones have shitty handling as it is, the only one ive liked so far was the revenges handling, and oh god the speed is incredible.

4. Gotts back the bug thing too, or at least put a server here in america somwhere, Hamburg is a hell of a stretch of wires to be sending data to like this.

5. Pets, everyone in RL has a pet of one form or another, allow for cyber pets like beefed up versions of the houndbot with AI and a text based control dialouge of some sort, it would enhance the role-play factor as well as provide a hunting companion for those times you dont have a friend to hunt with.

6. Im backing the event thing too, I have yet to see one GM hosted event since I started my account aside from that shitty display of bad AI in the seargent doy bots in plaza 1 getting pwned by copbots.

7. Password protected rental lockers, i think there should be a few bays of lockers in the main areas of the city where you can pay a fee, enter a password for an alotted ammount of time, and allow for somone else to access it if they have the password.

8. One-time-use items, that when activated ant thrown on the ground will spawn a vehicle of your choosing instantly, this reflects socials idea, but i think its a reasonable concept, an item like this would be sorta expensive i would imagine, but it would be useful.

9. Remove the SI from lomming, jesus, it already kills our expieriance points, does it really need to inflict ten minutes of SI as well? Supposing that that isnt a manageable idea, how about a total sub-skill labotamy that can only be administered at a medicare facility for a considerable fee that induces massive SI (100%), revokes the same ammount of xp as if you were to take loms individually, and basically GenReps you directly back to your primary apartment dazed and completley incompacitated from complete SI but the entire selected subskill would be all lommed and available for reallocation. There are other variables that could apply such as useage limitations or whatnot.

10. Cargo capacity for vehicles, RL vehicles have a set ammount of cargo capacity, why dont NC?

I just felt I should express my opinion, I know for a fact no KK official will ever read this or tahe the ideas and opinions expressed in this thread into consideration, but it makes me feel better having it said.

Rade
15-07-04, 00:45
If PEs dont get stealth they should have something else. Atm PEs and Spies
are equal except that spies can stealth, tradeskill better and/or drone.
Theres no situation where you would rather have a PE than some other class.
The only reason I keep logging mine on is that I have some sort of personal
affection for the character and thats just pathetic.

Doc Holliday
15-07-04, 00:47
The only reason I keep logging mine on is that I have some sort of personal
affection for the character and thats just pathetic.

online rade that is who u are. its association. im sure freud would have plenty to say. its like alot of the really famous runners in nc the ones u know the best are pes. admit it guys its true. the pe "faces" outweigh the non pe class players.

[TgR]KILLER
15-07-04, 00:52
i kinda agree.. stopped at the point you said..

WISH LIST
=========
- remove the requirements from MC5 chips

- give PE's back steath

1 word.. no fucking way lol.. i got my SA finaly after MONTHS when they went on the servers.. with getting the reqs off them again it would just meen all those big ass clans and people with zillions would have the same setups as some people had with like 3 MC5's in them no reason for that at all its bloody good how it is..

and fuck off with PE"s with stealth.. stealth is so damn lame.. PE's should stay and fight instead of run off when they can't beat somebody.. PE's can fight just fine and if they can't go make a spy and stealth with him :X

Bozz-Von Mel
15-07-04, 00:53
online rade that is who u are. its association. im sure freud would have plenty to say. its like alot of the really famous runners in nc the ones u know the best are pes. admit it guys its true. the pe "faces" outweigh the non pe class players.

The PE just looks like he should be "in charge".

Rade
15-07-04, 00:56
The PE just looks like he should be "in charge".

Looks? I look like a black lobster with some sort of back problem.

Mingerroo
15-07-04, 00:56
Rade, I love my PE over my spy :S My PE is HC, repair, recycle, driving, can buff better, can poke, can mod weapons and can do all of these very well indeed. PEs are just a class for those who don't quite get what they want from the others. We don't need stealth and in my opinion we don't need "toys" either (though I really want my PE to be able to fly a DoY bomber when they come out :())

Steve

Bozz-Von Mel
15-07-04, 00:58
Looks? I look like a black lobster with some sort of back problem.

Oh yeah, forgot about the PA, guess cause I dont wear it on one PE.

Birkoff
15-07-04, 01:15
All valid to a point

Monk INT XP doesn't need a boost... its a challenge but u don't need capped INT so who cares (No i didn't explit it and my monk isn't capped)

PEs dont need stealth.

S/D at the same time i don't like the idea of... buffs going over noob buffs i do.

5. Pets, everyone in RL has a pet of one form or another, allow for cyber pets like beefed up versions of the houndbot with AI and a text based control dialouge of some sort, it would enhance the role-play factor as well as provide a hunting companion for those times you dont have a friend to hunt with.

hehe, i know where thats going

tiikeri
15-07-04, 01:28
S/D at the same time i don't like the idea of... buffs going over noob buffs i do.

- Amen

Social-Zero
15-07-04, 02:32
Yea that's another great idea, TO make better buffs overbuff the old ones

And those suggestions of the wishlist aren't all mine , I don't support them all

Darken
15-07-04, 02:58
- amen to all but the log out think

Morpheous
15-07-04, 03:09
You just posted a lot of what BDoY will give and some bugs that next to nobody gets.

Yet another moan/groan thread.

*Sighs* When will it end?

slaughteruall
15-07-04, 03:17
All valid to a point

Monk INT XP doesn't need a boost... its a challenge but u don't need capped INT so who cares (No i didn't explit it and my monk isn't capped)

To be fair with the WoC skills monks do need a INT xp boost. To be inline with SPY's INT/DEX and with tanks STR. Either that or it better be a WoC skill that is actually worth the time to get.

*Sighs* When will it end?

It will end when KK pulls there head out of there ass and fixes bugs and what not that have been around since beta.

Slaughter

..i..DemonX
15-07-04, 03:50
Agreed with kinda all but not with the imidently logout, sure when crash etc sux like hell but still i not whant to see all log out when about to loose a fight or anything.

Oh just saw, MC5 imps need the requirements else they just overpowerd! And trust me i know it, or not remember the times where they was have no req?

PE's should get a stealth back but only stealth 1 i think.

Anti NC will be shoot / red / kos by pro NC with BDOY.

Monks Int is fine! I capped Monk int even be4 the last boost on xp gain! It just takes some time thats all.

To the op build idear well sounds nice but only if OP's get much bigger, very hard to fight now if there like 10 well placed turrets if they gunned and there are mines, gates and stuff it would be a realy pain at all.

Rade
15-07-04, 04:01
imo the most annoying bug is the sound distortion bug that some people get.
After a bit of intense fighting the sound will go apeshit on you and sound like
a broken radio on really high volume. The only way to get rid of it is to
completely reboot the computer (thats the annoying part). Not to mention
the fact that its so fucking loud and obnoxious that when it hits _you_ go
apeshit over the sound...

Rade
15-07-04, 04:02
Rade, I love my PE over my spy :S My PE is HC, repair, recycle, driving, can buff better, can poke, can mod weapons and can do all of these very well indeed. PEs are just a class for those who don't quite get what they want from the others. We don't need stealth and in my opinion we don't need "toys" either (though I really want my PE to be able to fly a DoY bomber when they come out :())

Steve

So the class should be for one or two people who plays it for shits and
giggles?

pfft.

Comie
15-07-04, 04:09
Monks Int is fine! I capped Monk int even be4 the last boost on xp gain! It just takes some time thats all.

are we playing the same game?? Soloing the CRP caves as a 63/63 apu i get 190K int xp PER run... that means for me to get 100 int (not cap it) its gunna take me 605 cave runs?!?!

yea lets leave monk int gain the same... no thank yu please

removal of MC5 reg's i want that idea, it'll mean more variation in player setup... it'll benefit PE's more, they'll be able to Rez and drone better... more HC PE's
Rifle PPU's sheltering Spy's.. varity is the spice of life my friend more varity = more fun.

and give PE's back stealth, i miss watching ppl like Raid, Kramerthewierd, Trillian, Carmen, Uho... etc do the PE stealth dance... its gotta be one of the most amazing things to watch... a lone PE stealth dancing right in the middle of the enemy. And it means the return of Skirmishers in OP battles... i miss my skirmishers

..i..DemonX
15-07-04, 04:50
are we playing the same game?? Soloing the CRP caves as a 63/63 apu i get 190K int xp PER run... that means for me to get 100 int (not cap it) its gunna take me 605 cave runs?!?!

yea lets leave monk int gain the same... no thank yu please

removal of MC5 reg's i want that idea, it'll mean more variation in player setup... it'll benefit PE's more, they'll be able to Rez and drone better... more HC PE's
Rifle PPU's sheltering Spy's.. varity is the spice of life my friend more varity = more fun.

lol we play the same game yeah and i dunno what u do but i get about 200k+ a run easy crp solo with CR 77+.
And trust me i was do far more then 605 cave runs to cap int be4 they boost the xp gain!
Remove the reg's on MC5 will make more varity yes but as well more unbalancing because a HC PE with Herc and Drug is just sombody with very good offence and very good defence for example. It will just unbalance the game more and more ppl would start whine threads with nerf nerf nerf nerf ...

Koshinn
15-07-04, 07:36
imo the most annoying bug is the sound distortion bug that some people get.
After a bit of intense fighting the sound will go apeshit on you and sound like
a broken radio on really high volume. The only way to get rid of it is to
completely reboot the computer (thats the annoying part). Not to mention
the fact that its so fucking loud and obnoxious that when it hits _you_ go
apeshit over the sound...

I get that bug. I found if you leave the game's sound off from the beginning (set it manually to zero in options) you won't get the bug but of course you wont hear anything. If you set it to zero in game, your sound will still get distorted. I hate how it's not only in neocron but also any other sound that comes from your computer is henceforth fucked. It really really sucks and takes A LOT away from neocron if you can't hear anything.

Also, the 10 second log out but 20 second timer... I say keep it the way it is, but make it so you actually dissapear after the 10 second timer. Either that or increase it to the length your body stays in NC so you can see the entire time. More than once I've logged off in the wastelands thinking I'm perfectly safe only to find myself dead a few hours later.

And PEs need something if not stealth. They have absolutely no purpose in an OP war save hacking. Compared to tanks, worse defense and much worse offense. Spies can stealth and have equal defense and a lot better offense. So PEs really need something to make them a viable class. Okay they can drive and gun good vehicles... but that's using a PE's non-primary stats. Strength-HC for damage dealing and Dex for a non-combat subskill. It's like saying a Tank should use pistols/rifles even though his strength is higher. Even their PAs are useful for pistols or rifles only. Maybe if they had a HC PA they'd be a better class... but that'd be silly.

Besides that I like your points. The MC5 reqs is iffy... it'd make PEs ungimped, but it would be unbalanced.

Tostino
15-07-04, 08:08
Ok a pe doesnt have to drug for a sa so why does he have to drug to hell for a herk?. I dont drug at all and I am H-C but H-C pe's suck we can't have much force resist do less damage then rifles/pistols and have just a very little more def. If i could use a herk without drugs it is just more H-C for me and a little better def. And I still can't use a tpc without drugs so they need to re work the tl's of ALL weps first.

eric-the-ded
15-07-04, 08:40
adding to the list.
i wants me some droner spy PA.
make it like.. black or red or sumthin. or maybe make it look like a tree.

Wallen
15-07-04, 09:16
While I agree that removing MC5 reqs might help variety, giving a SPY a DS would NOT be a good idea.
I like most of the other ideas though, except of course the log out thingy.

EDIT: Oh yeah, as far as droner PAs go, I think that all levels of it should give a HUGE negative to TRA, ATH, and AGI, but at the same time give huge defensive bonuses, so they could really only wear it when droning. And the top level would give stealth, but again you wouldn't be able to move.

Mingerroo
15-07-04, 12:42
Nah Rade, I'm just saying my take on it. I don't play for shits and giggles I'm serious about my character. There are many PEs who don't want stealth besides myself and love their characters and that suggests to me that we're fine the way we are.

And as for the "KK pulling their head out of their arse" comment. AAAAAARG! Do you listen to nothing but yourself? We are saying that BDoY will fix a lot of the issues, as well as giving us a lot of the wishlist. You're saying I want them to start working on a fix for these bugs we've had since beta. Do you see the link? Do you?! And just to emphasise the point that they aren't just watching us play, the amount of bugs I have and many of my friends have has drastically been reduced in the past two months. If you even attempted to write an MMORPG then you'd realise that it isn't always a simple case of "Oh, that's the bug, I put a 0 instead of 1" and sometimes it takes a very, very long time to find the issue. As a final question, do you report when and where you get your bugs when you get them? Or do you just relog and think "I wish they'd bloody fix it", when in fact if you reported it (doing your bit) you'd probably see it get fixed a lot faster.

If you hate KK and NC so very much, just leave. What you're doing is like visiting somebody's home after they were kind enough to let you in and shouting at the top of your voice "This is SHIT. You may have worked years to make this home but its AWFUL. Whats that SMELL anyways?", there are other homes you can go to if you dont like the house of NC, so its your own damn fault if youre here but you hate it this much.

Steve

Rade
15-07-04, 13:11
Mingeroo if you play the character without wanting to compete with others in
PvP then fine but that shouldnt set the line for a class. All classes should be
equally viable in PvP and useful in OP wars but in different situations. That is
not the case now.

Mingerroo
15-07-04, 13:44
Well I don't PvP, but there are other PEs on this forum that I'm SURE PvP. And I'd like to PvP :) My newb PE nearly took out a bigger character a couple of times (Grenade launchers own I tell you :lol:) But if you were going to have a new toy, rather than just "anything will do so long as we have something" what would you have?

Steve

Rade
15-07-04, 14:54
Ive given dozens of proposals over the years. For example, grenades should
be made dex/str based and go of AGL (and some of them TC). Then add
nades with special effects such as barrels, small parashock effects, drug
effects, small amounts of SI. Make different poisons for needleguns (why
exactly does monks have poison damage btw? shooting someone with a beam
made of poison? who thought up that shit?) with effects other than just
damage, much like the nade ideas above. Which ones should be on nades and
which ones should be singletarget poisons is another discussion. Put the
mines in again. Make melee weapons dual wieldable with through dex
somehow so that a PE melee fighter and a Tank melee fighter are on par but
with different techniques. Make items which makes use of more than one
stat, like psi enhanced weapons like a pistol/melee/rifle that also has psi reqs
and PSU reqs and does wicked dmg types. More items/weapons/armor that
goes on several lines like why not have magnum type pistols (I guess this
would be the earp actually) that has a str req as well, making most spys to
weak to use it but spies and tanks could do it if they implant in that
direction. Make the vehicles with guns that need str/int/h-c/vhc actually
powerful enough to be useful. And not just when talking about killing
spiderbots, I mean in PvP. Jetpacks. And why not make team supportive
items that requires more things, some psi controlled nano-bot things which
are dex/psi and could be everything from group buffs to creating ammo to
whatever. Tbh Ive forgotten most of the things but its all here on the
forums, some ideas are crap and some would work, and I dont think theres
one week that goes by without someone posting decent ideas on the
subject. I dont think the lack of ideas is the problem, somehow somewhere it
was decided that PEs should be gimped and thats the end of it. Tanks and
monks has owned this game all along and as soon as PEs even got close to
being even to them (notice how monks and tanks still owned OP wars but PEs
almost got useful in some situations due to stealth) everyone started whining
their asses off until they got useless again.

El_MUERkO
15-07-04, 15:05
If there was an 'I'm with stoopid' smilie I'd use it and just follow rade and the few other sane people on the forum around using it all day.

Mingerroo
15-07-04, 15:21
Your post really changed my viewpoint. Though I still don't agree with PEs with stealth, I now agree we should have something a little better. Even, as you said, if that just means upgrading vehicle damage.

Steve