PDA

View Full Version : Got some questions about a noob guide ima make.

Shujin
14-07-04, 22:17
Is getting con exp from letting other players, or copbots, kill you over and over considered exploiting?

Just wanna make sure before I put this in my guide as a easy and quick way to raise your con as a nooblet.

Also: When you first start a character tradeskills level your dex, str, and int very very fast. ie: you can start a spy and in about 30 mins gain around 10-12 levels in int and dex and around 4 or 5 in str.

Is it considered exploiting if you use that fact to level up a bit then lom to take away the tradeskill.

Also will this get closed for discussing exploits if it is the case that those are exploits? If so, may I say *Insert name of mod who closes* is one sexeh mofo of a mod...

tiikeri
14-07-04, 22:19
Yes it is considered as exploiting..as shooting urself

J. Folsom
14-07-04, 22:19
Is getting con exp from letting other players, or copbots, kill you over and over considered exploiting?Yes.

Also: When you first start a character tradeskills level your dex, str, and int very very fast. ie: you can start a spy and in about 30 mins gain around 10-12 levels in int and dex and around 4 or 5 in str.

Is it considered exploiting if you use that fact to level up a bit then lom to take away the tradeskill.No.

Giving complete answers to questions on online forums with a single word is copyright 2004, Folsom Inc.

seraphian
14-07-04, 22:24
the fact that you can LoM out points of a skill once you don't need it is a feature of Neocron, not an exploit... it's so common that I don't think anyone considers it dirty pool anymore

Officially dying intentionally is an exploit... my recommendation for CON XP is getting a PPU to help you take mobs FAR over your level, or simply doing missions to cap your own PSI and then letting mobs beat the piss out of you as you fight them toe-to-toe... also known as the Kamikaze spy method...

If you're good enough you won't even die! (I've taken a Terrormauler at point-blank with capped PSI, some good fire resists, a capped TL-3 heal, and my trusty Liquidfire Plasma Rifle.

$tormbringer
14-07-04, 22:35
what tradeskill u wanna use?.. construct? u get like no xp for consting nibstuff... i get like 100 xp in dex/int for building one wp9 (tl 45)

Shujin
14-07-04, 22:42
what tradeskill u wanna use?.. construct? u get like no xp for consting nibstuff... i get like 100 xp in dex/int for building one wp9 (tl 45)
Well with reycle u get very nice noob-exp from cloning ammo in dex and int...

When I made another char researching gave me same great noob-exp in str,dex, and int.

ps. 100 exp as a noob is good... specially since u can cnst something very fast over and over...

-FN-
14-07-04, 22:44
Sooo... where are you gonna post this guide? I know of a place that would love to put it up... ;) ;) ;)

$tormbringer
14-07-04, 22:45
when did u do this?... before the last patch i guess... recycle isnt good xp either... not that much that u get like 5 lvls in 30 mins...

my researcher (int 20) gets like 600 xp for ressing a holy def... so even with higher tls its not much -_-

uhm yes... for a tl 45 item... 100 xp is nothing... compared to the costs... 25 wp9 would cost u like 90k with a barter to built em... u get even less xp when consting wp1 or stuff like that

Shujin
14-07-04, 22:46
Sooo... where are you gonna post this guide? I know of a place that would love to put it up... ;) ;) ;)
heh actually im looking at ur site right now to right down a list of rifles im going to use on my way up. i got both resser and cnstr so i can pretty much ensure i got everything i need ;P even got a TL 150 Reycler if i need it for anyreason ;P

Capt. Rik
14-07-04, 22:53
heh actually im looking at ur site right now to right down a list of rifles im going to use on my way up. i got both resser and cnstr so i can pretty much ensure i got everything i need ;P even got a TL 150 Reycler if i need it for anyreason ;P

Announcement from 14th June 2004 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=101227)

^ Repair XP drastically reduced

Shujin
14-07-04, 23:06
Announcement from 14th June 2004 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=101227)

^ Repair XP drastically reduced
yea not really talkin about repair ;P for repair u gotta have somethin to fix... gonna go around messin up ur armor and weps and repairin them over and over? dont sound good ;P

recycle, or res + cnst over and over

i found ressing drugs and cnsting them over and over is a good cheap way to lvl

Capt. Rik
14-07-04, 23:15
oops, mis-read and got repair and recycle the wrong way round :eek:

Sorry.

Shujin
15-07-04, 01:10
turns out my TL 150 recycler is useful after all ;] can recycle wp9's and 10's ;]

Eddie
15-07-04, 01:44
Also.. I believe GRing and then getting killed by a STORM gives decreasingly less XP the more SI you have... to prevent such exploits.

Eddie