PDA

View Full Version : Turret idea

Lachlan
14-07-04, 20:50
I was having lunch with a friend of mine today. He usually plays UT, so I was telling him a little bit about NC. While telling him about the OP war situation, he came up with an idea that I thought was worth posting.

Why not have turrets made nearly indestructable (i.e. require a large team of 5-10 capped players to destroy) under certain "conditions" and have them deactivate or be mannable under other "conditions"?

The "conditions" are debatable, but I was thinking something along the lines of when there are more than two of the defending clans's members in the zone (including the UG), the turrets become inactive or mannable-only. Possibly even have them deactivate when more than two of the defending clan's members online. Something along those lines.

If they were made mannable, it would use up a fighter (maybe even let PEs man the turrets) to make them usable at all during a fight.

-FN-
14-07-04, 20:54
I'm all for increasing PE Usablilty and necessity. Manning a turret at an OP would be awesome :) Could be an H-C based skill to control a giant gatlin cannon...

The turrets functioning dynamically based on the number of owning clan members in-zone or in the UG is interesting too.