PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - Re: A Official Community Announcement from June

-FN-
14-07-04, 19:57
Interesting...

*sits back*
That's what I replied in this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=101222) about the introduction of an "Official Community Representative". It's been well over a month and I'd like to illustrate to KK that exactly what I thought would happen, has happened.

Do a search for all posts by RaTMaN McCruel, our "Official Community Representative". The last time he posted on the English Community Talk is the "Show your flag" thread in the beginning of June. In fact, he's only posted to 6 threads here total. Since then, he's racked up 3 search pages of posts on the German Community Talk forums. But that's ok. KK picked a key-person from the German Community, this was to be expected.

I am in *no way* trying to insult Mr. RaTMaN, he may be doing awesome work within the German Community. Truth is, I don't think many of us really know what he does. And I know that I don't know him at all, so I'm definitely not intending to slam him, but this is also one of the original problems. In the English Community, very few of, at least who I know as the prominent community members, knew who he is. I've been around since Beta as well as many others here, and while I know we all were trying to be optimistic, many of us were skeptical because of the fact that someone we didn't know, was now our liason to KK.

So my questions are:

A) What is the "Official Community Representative" really supposed to be doing?

The duty of the Official Community Representative is to establish contact with key members of the player community and act as an interface between them and the developers. The key members will be dedicated players who actively attempt to advance and enrich this diverse game, but also involve other players to boost the general game experience.

The Official Community Representative will be in direct contact with the development team and will be able to direct the wishes, criticisms and suggestions of the community to the relevant team members, and at the same time supply the key players with first-hand information to positively affect the game’s progress.

As it stands, after over a month, it seems that one person serving the entire community, is not working all that efficiently. I'd like to know what Mr. McCruel has accomplished over in the German Community tho to maybe give us a better idea of what your position has realistically come to entail.

B) By definition, a community representative should ... represent ... his or her community, right? We have three 'defined' communities here on the forums per KK's creation of the forums. So why aren't there 3 representatives?

C) To the community, what experiences have you had here or in-game with our Representative? I'm only one person, so I might be completely wrong here based on my own small personal experience. I just have taken the amount of forum correspondence on the English Community Forums as a measure of English activity.

Snowcrash's description of this position is incredibly intriguing and I'd like to see the position really reach it's potential... but it seems like one community is getting a hell of a lot more representation than another. KK is also a German based company, so I can understand any predisposition towards a community, but hey... we're here, please try to keep us in mind in the English Community.

Jest
14-07-04, 20:00
I was wondering about it myself this week. Tbh Im still confused as to the exact role of the position. Im not even sure what he should be doing, let alone whether its being done. o_O

Shadow Dancer
14-07-04, 20:01
I was wondering about it myself this week. Tbh Im still confused as to the exact role of the position. Im not even sure what he should be doing, let alone whether its being done. o_O

Yea me too. I'm very confused as to what he's supposed to do.

StryfeX
14-07-04, 20:03
Very good arguement. I'd also like to know what's been happening.

I remember there was a player named RaTMaN (or something similar) in beta and he actually became a KK employee. (He also made a cool RPOS editor called RatPOS.)

--Stryfe

Clothing_Option
14-07-04, 20:10
That's what I replied in this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=101222) about the introduction of an "Official Community Representative". It's been well over
Snowcrash's description of this position is incredibly intriguing and I'd like to see the position really reach it's potential... but it seems like one community is getting a hell of a lot more representation than another. KK is also a German based company, so I can understand any predisposition towards a community, but hey... we're here, please try to keep us in mind in the English Community.

Goddamn Right were here jack

being ignored by the Co. has always been the way it was as far as i can remember.
i could say more inflamitory things but why bother.

Celt
14-07-04, 20:17
Knew this would happen.
Read my post on that thread for an option that might actually work.

KK employees, 1 person from pluto, 1 from uranus, 2 from saturn and 2 from jupiter.

Players applied to join it, and every 2 months a group of players were selected, and the emphasis should be on having a good mix of pvp'ers, pvm'ers, roleplayers and just general players.

Weekly(or every two weeks) meeting on IRC, format would be devs make any announcements, then the players put forward questions/comments.

garyu69
14-07-04, 20:23
to be honest i had totally forgot about the fact that he was meant to be here :(

n3m
14-07-04, 20:26
to be honest i had totally forgot about the fact that he was meant to be here :(Yes, same here :o

Maloch Octavia
14-07-04, 20:42
The biggest problem we need to remember here, is that we are only a small representation of the population on the Servers.

As such, generally, what we say or do, isn't going to represent the majority, because minorities can be very vocal.

*Sighs*

It's the same with the Faction Counsellors, they're a waste of time, scrap them all, now, I say. We've tried and they've not worked. Lets look at new alternatives, eh?

Reakktor need to introduce ingame STATUS Board, like you get in Eve, for example, where updates and announcements can be posted, that you see in-game, when you select a STATUS board from wherever one might be.

For example, in Neocron, those little squares on the wall that give you the building address? Make them STATUS boards that you right click to read.

I'm fed up with these poor ideas for communicating between company and client.

Marx
14-07-04, 20:47
I'm fed up with these poor ideas for communicating between company and client.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

With that said, I feel exactly the same.

garyu69
14-07-04, 21:04
The biggest problem we need to remember here, is that we are only a small representation of the population on the Servers.Actually i would like to see a reall stat on that.
Surely English Language populates more as there are 3 main servers and if you add up all three it is greater that Jupiter.

Obviously German and English are on all servers but just as a main location i bet english based servers have the greater Pop over all.

MkVenner
14-07-04, 21:04
yeah i was wondering what happened to him lol, but i dont think the faction councillors are a waste of time, what is a waste of time is having aload of inactive ones, but the ones that are active (Dr.Laura, Josh Dabbs, Henry Dorsit) are doing good work.

I sorta get what RaTMaN is supposed to do...but not really lol...but i said before the community in the German boards is vastly different to the ones in here..even the communities split between pluto, uranus and saturn are different, having only one man was a bad idea from the start imo

Tostino
14-07-04, 21:19
You forgot Kirja :eek:

FireWarrior
14-07-04, 21:24
What he is supposed to be doing is acting as a link between the general community and the devs.

Seeing the responses and my own opinion of the matter... it doesn't seem like it's doing a hell of alot of good. It sure as hell ain't doing anything that we can see and notice.

Doc Holliday
14-07-04, 21:48
well hes checkin the thread out. interesting point tho. nice 1.

RaTMaN McCruel
14-07-04, 22:10
Do a search for all posts by RaTMaN McCruel, our "Official Community Representative". The last time he posted on the English Community Talk is the "Show your flag" thread in the beginning of June. In fact, he's only posted to 6 threads here total. Since then, he's racked up 3 search pages of posts on the German Community Talk forums. But that's ok. KK picked a key-person from the German Community, this was to be expected.

If they had picked a player from the english community the same would have been posted by german community. But do you realy think english and german community differ that much...?
You didnt search my pm box, didnt search my personal chars that i am around with, didnt search the posts i quoted in the internal area.

I am in *no way* trying to insult Mr. RaTMaN,

and i dont feel insulted...

In the English Community, very few of, at least who I know as the prominent community members, knew who he is.

Sometimes its easier to travel the servers incognito and just talk to some players without letting them know who i am. Remember i am just a "normal" player trying to feel what normal players think, what problems they have etc.

I've been around since Beta as well as many others here, and while I know we all were trying to be optimistic, many of us were skeptical because of the fact that someone we didn't know, was now our liason to KK.

A) What is the "Official Community Representative" really supposed to be doing?[/COLOR]

I am playing this game since beta2 too and i am aware that there are many skeptical users around especialy here in these forums. I understand my job as some who listens what people have to say and what they think less then telling people what they have to say or what they have to think.

As it stands, after over a month, it seems that one person serving the entire community, is not working all that efficiently. I'd like to know what Mr. McCruel has accomplished over in the German Community tho to maybe give us a better idea of what your position has realistically come to entail.

ok to get some transparence it my work...

i accomplished and NOT just for the german community that i got my own internal area with Thanatos, where we collect community feedback, where we collect interessting and well dicribed ideas from brainport, i got some PMs and Mails from both side where people complain about that they cant reach any official support for events, reporting exploits or just for some other kind of feedback and i try to pushed it trough and in some cases e.g. aimbot discussion we got some "official" reaction/statement/answers.

B) By definition, a community representative should ... represent ... his or her community, right? We have three 'defined' communities here on the forums per KK's creation of the forums. So why aren't there 3 representatives?

this was something i thought too and i hope for the future that there are two more representatives, but as somebody said before, many KKs are german, (some of them are living just some blocks away or just in the next city) and they chosen a "german" one just because its easier to communicate with a "german" rep.

C) To the community, what experiences have you had here or in-game with our Representative? I'm only one person, so I might be completely wrong here based on my own small personal experience. I just have taken the amount of forum correspondence on the English Community Forums as a measure of English activity.

I think there are not many runners who got in contact with my mainchar name "Ra-TM-aN" and i wont tell my alt's because i dont want to be pked just for beeing the rep. because i dont have any gm rights :-)

we're here, please try to keep us in mind in the English Community.
i know that and i am sure KK knows that as well.

after all let me make a suggestion, what do you think of someone from "pure" english/french or whatever community to translate my OCR (official community representative) related post to english/french or whatever and back. Just to get more transaprence for all communities. Some kind of supporters of the rep, and perhaps later reps. of their own communities, but who decides? i think everybody who travels the defferent forums like me who speaks these languages can help me crossposting my posts... this would help me and you a lot...

<put your faction chairmans name in here> with you!

greendonkeyuk
14-07-04, 22:18
maybe a monthly update would help us? jus a few words on a sticky at the top of the english forum so that we can see whats going off? Not everyone here uses pms regularly. hell ive sent about 10 in the whole time ive been playing nc. a visible thread however would do wonders. It also saves time by not having to reply to 4 million pms.

cRazy2003
14-07-04, 22:55
i think we should have an official representitive for the german community and the english community.

Doc Holliday
15-07-04, 00:12
i think we should have an official representitive for the german community and the english community.

me 2 but u gonna need a "RESPONSIBLE" person to be that guy. name me someone who can be objective enough as part of the english community. i can think of a few who are serious enough but not that many.

Judge
15-07-04, 00:14
When I want to be, I can be serious.

But I'm not playing a huge amount atm, so I wouldn't be good for the job. :(

Someone like... Lexxuk. He's serious enough. :p

Shujin
15-07-04, 00:14
me 2 but u gonna need a "RESPONSIBLE" person to be that guy. name me someone who can be objective enough as part of the english community. i can think of a few who are serious enough but not that many.
I think QD could ;o

Jest
15-07-04, 00:15
Someone like... Lexxuk. He's serious enough. :pIF Lexx was in charge of the job we'd end up with statues of himself every where. :p

NS_CHROME54
15-07-04, 00:18
i never expected anything to come of this whole bit, so it doesn't really bother me.

Doc Holliday
15-07-04, 00:20
I think QD could ;o

hm. hes embroiled in SSC. its his baby. i dont see anything bigger or smaller being for him than that.

EDIT: THe negativity in this thread is the real reason nothin ever gets done, everyone whines about lack of rp and nobody supports someones efforts. its why the french dudes have events and stuff and we dont.

slaughteruall
15-07-04, 00:22
i never expected anything to come of this whole bit, so it doesn't really bother me.

ditto. This is working or should i say not working like i thought it would

Selendor
15-07-04, 00:27
Its a strange thing to be handling customer feedback when we're so close (?) to DoY, surely all KK's energies are going into making that a success, and not heeding to the requests of the player community for the few months of life left in these servers? I can't see a big player revolt over parashock, new genreps, events etc being given 100% priority from them right now.

If you are able to represent our concerns for the development of DoY, to help KK make it the best possible product, would that be a more rewarding persuit?

But please, lets make things better now too if we can.

Shujin
15-07-04, 00:37
btw ratman is doin a nice job ;] bcuz not to long ago i sent him an idea and he told me the devs are dicussing it ;] just waiting on any news ;o

slaughteruall
15-07-04, 00:39
btw ratman is doin a nice job ;] bcuz not to long ago i sent him an idea and he told me the devs are dicussing it ;] just waiting on any news ;o

Do you always beleave what your told? if so i have some prime choice swamp land to sell you.

cRazy2003
15-07-04, 00:42

im responcible :p

well i might look like an idiotic fool, but people who talk to me properly may realise im not in most cases.

Shujin
15-07-04, 00:43
if so i have some prime choice swamp land to sell you.
i already live there ;o...

Doc Holliday
15-07-04, 00:44
im responcible :p

well i might look like an idiotic fool, but people who talk to me properly may realise im not in most cases.

you were always top of my list crazy ;) its jus so damned hard finding a likeminded soul to partner u with :lol:

slaughteruall
15-07-04, 00:45
i already live there ;o...

lol.

I have a very hard time beleaving things that i dont know or that i can't prove.

Slaughter

Scikar
15-07-04, 00:50
RaTMaN, I think the main problem is, we simply don't know you. At all. You've told us the name of your main char, that you're German, and that you've been around since Beta 2, and that's all we know. You have made very few posts in the English forum. The result is, nobody here gets in touch with you because they don't know who they're dealing with.

To elaborate, imagine for a second if someone like Jest was appointed as the rep. Jest is a well-known figure in the English community. Practically everyone knows about him. I can tell you, for example, that his main, Jest, is a pistol PE, he's also had a PPU for a while, he was leader of the Mirror-Shades, originally a FA clan which moved to BD on Pluto. He has been the host of Pluto Fight Night for as long as I can remember (I couldn't say if he was the founder though).

Not only that, but I can also say that Jest is a reasonable, easy to talk to person. If I had an idea or thought that I wanted to be passed on to KK, I know I could approach Jest about it.

I'm not saying I don't think I could approach you RaTMaN, in fact, if you weren't approachable then KK wouldn't have chosen you for the job. But there's still a huge difference. That's why nobody's sent mails to your in-game char.

Also, when you think about it, the community rep should be taking part in more discussions on the forums. One of the key aspects of the communication issue that the whole rep idea is supposed to resolve, is that whenver there's a discussion on balance issues, there are no replies from the devs. We need to know what KK's stance is on various subjects and what they think of the discussions - the rep should be our link for that. Yet there's no rep appearing the discussion threads saying "Yes that's a good point, I'll bring it up with Thanatos tomorrow." Or whatever. It's alright saying you have regular meetings with Thanatos and that you both discuss ideas from the Brainport etc. But how do we know if you're discussing the same issues that we bring up here regularly? And if you do, where is the feedback?

So you see the problem is two fold - first, we don't know you very well, and second, we don't see you making much of an effort to introduce yourself, or establish links with the English community. This is highlighted in your regular posting in the German forum, getting involved in discussions and interacting with other German players, yet there's been nothing here since the "Show your flag" thread.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say any of this is intentional. It's just as hard for you to introduce and involve yourself in the English community as it is for the English community to get to know you. But that's why an English rep is needed.

Jest
15-07-04, 02:01
Thanks Scikar. :P Truth is I'd love to do it if I had the time. Id love to be anything to help the game really as Neocron has a serious lack of American/Candadian players in 'official' positions. I'd kill to be an ECC if only I had the time to do it. (I doubt Id get the role anyways). But there are plenty of regulars here on the forums like me. Hopefully we can try and help Ratman out best we can since hes been appointed to the job. Ratman let us know what you need and we will help you out. And be sure to do some gratuitous display of your work. Make sure to let us know what you are doing. It doesnt really sound like a "behind-the-scenes" sort of position. Its more of an "in-your-face" role where you need to be in front of the community as much as possible. So lets see more of you. :P

Shadow Dancer
15-07-04, 04:02
But there are plenty of regulars here on the forums like me.

No there's not. :wtf:

Anyways, I too think Jest would be make a good english rep.

There's nothing much else to say, Scikar echoed my thoughts.

bounty
15-07-04, 06:34
-FN- brought up a great point. There is no english representitive of this community. And who can blame the german guy? It would be difficult to try and collaborate ideas among two different community groups and languages. So instead of bashing the guy, i've decided that I have enough time on my hands to assist him, and to give him a hand. So my idea is very simple. And i'm laying out a few of my ideas here in this thread so that people can know what to expect.

I'm going to come up with a weekly list of bugs, balance issues, and things that don't work and post it on this forum, as well as emailing it and PM'ing it to members of the development team. The basic idea here is to condense all the ideas of the community into one nice and neat weekly gift to the devs.

The goal of this is to be as objective as possible when collaborating this list.

This will help I believe form a gap between the minds of the players and their minds. I feel the stronger this bridge between the two, the better a game that we will get.

In this post I will also include ideas on this board that were given a 5 star rating by the community.

The goal here is to be as proffesional about this as possible. :cool:

But won't your posts every week be redundant? Yes and no. They will be done in volumes. The very first couple of ones may be very lengthy because nothing like this has been done before. Some of the more major issue will be repeated.

But bounty, this will be biased and the ideas YOU think are good are the only ones to be included. This couldn't be any further from the truth. I will not be contributing to this in any way shape or form. My sole job is to put this in a nice format(which may be a work in progress), and to only implement objective ideas. What i will not be doing is putting in any ideas that will separate this community. I will not post problems or ideas that will impact pvp versus roleplay or LE versus non-LE. This is not the objective here.

So if you guys have bugs, balance issues, or things you'd like to see in this game, just PM me for now, i'll provide an email address in this post later. Also, i'm gonna be setting up shop on an irc server. Help is needed, and i'd like ideas on format and some kind of a name for this project to be posted here. I'd also like to get a irc channel on irc.enterthegame.com on here where interested parties can come chat and give a hand. Serious people only with objective minds. Not people that want the game their way, but how many people would like to see it.

I'll be checking my PMs.

For now you can find me on irc.enterthegame.com
channel is #neocron-TT

(did i mention help is needed on this?)

RaTMaN McCruel
15-07-04, 07:27
hm. hes embroiled in SSC. its his baby. i dont see anything bigger or smaller being for him than that.

EDIT: THe negativity in this thread is the real reason nothin ever gets done, everyone whines about lack of rp and nobody supports someones efforts. its why the french dudes have events and stuff and we dont.

little advice from me :rolleyes:

do some small runs with some good old friends, involve just 1-2 new runners, keep it small and without official gm help, take some screenshots, write a little non-server based story about it, send it to me and i´ll try to get it into votr or send it to thanatos or someone from the pro-nc nema/conicle team.

keeping small means a higher probability of sucess and some few new runners who are interessed in runs like that or some roleplay will join in...

but you need a lot of stamina boosters but it keeps you away from getting a bored pker

Gotterdammerung
15-07-04, 07:48
Well, the other guy was chosen. I'd suggest you formulate your ideas & lists and such and forward it to ratman instead.

RaTMaN McCruel
15-07-04, 08:06
RaTMaN, I think the main problem is, we simply don't know you. At all. You've told us the name of your main char, that you're German, and that you've been around since Beta 2, and that's all we know. You have made very few posts in the English forum. The result is, nobody here gets in touch with you because they don't know who they're dealing with.

hmm, its hard for me to discribe the relationship between KK and me. Some might love me some might hate me, for some of them i am just the funny "Sektenspinner/CrazyCrahn" who keeps em smiling at work, some of them trust me keeping a secret and some are just using me spreading some secrets :-)

perhaps its easier for you to learn who you are dealing with if you ask me what you want to know and i'll try to give you an answer...

To elaborate, imagine for a second if someone like Jest was appointed as the rep. Jest is a well-known figure in the English community. Practically everyone knows about him. I can tell you, for example, that his main, Jest, is a pistol PE, he's also had a PPU for a while, he was leader of the Mirror-Shades, originally a FA clan which moved to BD on Pluto. He has been the host of Pluto Fight Night for as long as I can remember (I couldn't say if he was the founder though).

for example I am the clan leader of the oldest still existing clan of the crahn sect, perhaps the oldest still existing clan ower main server is jupiter, but many of our members are travelling the servers in all factions and clans from small to big, from rp to pvp, from good to evil...
my main char is a apu, but played long time as hybrid with it, but i have trade chars as well as pvp chars, atm i have 4 accounts, but there where some more in the past.
i am hosting a clan/faction page for jupiter, work in the votr team, wrote arcticles for nema/neocronicle/votr organized some smaller events (see above why just smaller events), i am crahn faction counsil chairman since it was introduced, i am working 20h/week at a internet based hotline means that i am about 20h a week just in this forums and i do some other jobs i cant talk about here...
to shorten it...i love this game...

Not only that, but I can also say that Jest is a reasonable, easy to talk to person. If I had an idea or thought that I wanted to be passed on to KK, I know I could approach Jest about it.

consructive critism is always welcome and if it is just negative and destructive i am "man" enough to handle it, traveled long enough alt.flame...

So you see the problem is two fold - first, we don't know you very well, and second, we don't see you making much of an effort to introduce yourself, or establish links with the English community. This is highlighted in your regular posting in the German forum, getting involved in discussions and interacting with other German players, yet there's been nothing here since the "Show your flag" thread.

ok i understand that and i hope too that i am the only rep in future, because i learned the past days/weeks how much work this job takes, but as you can imagine it is easier for an interessed player of this huge community to build up a relation with me by just show me that you are interessted/motivated and serious enough, then checking everybody of this community if he may be a good partner...

RaTMaN McCruel
15-07-04, 08:11
Thanks Scikar. :P Truth is I'd love to do it if I had the time. Id love to be anything to help the game really as Neocron has a serious lack of American/Candadian players in 'official' positions. I'd kill to be an ECC if only I had the time to do it. (I doubt Id get the role anyways). But there are plenty of regulars here on the forums like me. Hopefully we can try and help Ratman out best we can since hes been appointed to the job. Ratman let us know what you need and we will help you out. And be sure to do some gratuitous display of your work. Make sure to let us know what you are doing. It doesnt really sound like a "behind-the-scenes" sort of position. Its more of an "in-your-face" role where you need to be in front of the community as much as possible. So lets see more of you. :P

*jumps around a little making funny moves*

here i am

*waves*

(sorry, but spamming my way sometimes keeps me smiling in this forum and i said enough for today and i didnt sleep the past 30 hours and its time for me to now to catch some sleep)

+1

bounty
15-07-04, 08:24
Yeah, i'm not trying to be some formal spokesman or anything so that doesn't really apply to me. This is kind of a side thing i'm doing on my own. But, that is a great idea, maybe that would be a great way of getting it into the eyes of the devs. I'd definitely be up for collaborating with him. Thanks.

edit: so far getting very positive responses and submissions via PM, please keep them coming folks!

RaTMaN McCruel
15-07-04, 08:37
@Pith:

The difference between a bored and a normal pker is that one of them has fun playing his kind of role the other one will quit soon this game...

pkers are some special kind of dangerous mobs for me in this dangerous postnuclear scenario a reason why i personaly want the anarchy breed available for them, because hunting "dangerous mobs" is fun for me :rolleyes: ;) but i cant imagine a loottable for this kind of mob :lol:

awkward silence
15-07-04, 09:23
Do you always beleave what your told? if so i have some prime choice swamp land to sell you.

Since you were kinda trying to joke on the poor hombre, ill do the same for ya. =) (emotes dont work on work comp) =(

Swamp lands are usually some of the most fertile land after drying it up irrigating. Only problem is swamps usually have hunreds or thousands of species (and sometimes their own independent eco system) that will have to move or and die. Depends on the distance they have to move.

garyu69
15-07-04, 10:06
Whoa! double.. no wait Quadrupple posting!!

Mr Ratman tell me this, are you pissed that you will have to change your char name due to the new name filter?

40$Poser
15-07-04, 10:22
Since ratman is here for more than just questioning what he's doing for the community. I have an issue/idea that maybe could be brought to light to KK or even suggested.

The pepper park guards. As most of us are aware, they have an 'issue' (problem, whatever you prefer). That has been resolved in the past, but has reappeared recently. My idea for pepper park (sectors 1, 2, 3) is to remove all guards (tsunami syndicate/black dragon) from the sectors excluding clubs and faction headquarters. Thus removing the major threat of the guard issue ever coming back again and making pepper park more into a turf war area which is settled between Tsuanmi and Black Dragon players and not staked out by NPC Guards. Your thoughts about the pepper guard issue/idea?

Alice
15-07-04, 12:07
I too think Jest would make a good representative person.

But I think we need more than that. We need one main representative who presents his/her ideas straight to KK.

I think that person ALSO needs a small team of people who can not only take the flack for him (because 10000000000 emails a day in one account = not much play time) but also how is Jest supposed to watch over all english servers.

Maybe if Jest put together a small team of people that were impartial, and would help this cause, and we tried it like that, it could work.

Plus it doesn't even have to be fully KK-approved offical. As long as their community representatives are communicating with them, I don't think they will mind if they have a team etc.

Alice
15-07-04, 12:09
The pepper park guards. As most of us are aware, they have an 'issue' (problem, whatever you prefer). That has been resolved in the past, but has reappeared recently. My idea for pepper park (sectors 1, 2, 3) is to remove all guards (tsunami syndicate/black dragon) from the sectors excluding clubs and faction headquarters. Thus removing the major threat of the guard issue ever coming back again and making pepper park more into a turf war area which is settled between Tsuanmi and Black Dragon players and not staked out by NPC Guards. Your thoughts about the pepper guard issue/idea?

Guards should be guarding SOMETHING. Should be a guard in the shops of PP1, guards on the doors of the Twister club, and guards around the Tsunami HQ. Make it, so that if you cause trouble for these establishments your gonna pay and pay bad. But I can imagine that (if you regard them as humans and this whole situation as a real world thing) no guard is going to want to stand watch over PP1 entrance, when there's so many battles going on there. Not all the money in Neocron would keep a guard at his post when some screaming tank runs in and turns on the flame-juice ;P

So you have the RP side of it too now

formori
15-07-04, 13:32
ok let me be the first to say

Hello Ratman, welcome.

ive been playing since retail (on and off, but mostly on) and this is the first time ive heard of the this position.
From what youve said, you have been doing things behind the sceens, but, we cant see behind the sceens. sooooo, could you tell us whats going on and what youve been up to. nothing long or big, just a note in posts like. "ive allready spoken to thanos about this" or "kk is aware of this issue, and it should be fixed soon" or "thats such a stupid idea, that will not work"
some feed back, anything :)

basicly any feed back is good feed back, let us know you are there :)

El_MUERkO
15-07-04, 13:32
Havent seen him on this forum, said it in the original post about the community representitive get an english speaker to represent the english speaking servers.

I havent seen our so called community (as in all parts of the, not just germany) representitive have anthing to say in debates on this forum about gameplay or in fact anything, no even cat naming.

Yet another sign KK dont care about the english speaking community very much.

QuantumDelta
15-07-04, 16:31

I don't actually have all that much involvement in SSC NC atm, I am in SSC as I always will be, it's my home, but in terms of actual input, I'm not doing a lot atm...
Heh, oh well.
I doubt I'd be considered for the position anyway..

slaughteruall
15-07-04, 16:34
Well, the other guy was chosen. I'd suggest you formulate your ideas & lists and such and forward it to ratman instead.

Ah maybe he could do part of his job and read/post in these forums also? Sounds like a good idea to me.

System
15-07-04, 18:00
never heard of him :-\

Thats how much I have seen of him

40$Poser
15-07-04, 18:36
Guards should be guarding SOMETHING. Should be a guard in the shops of PP1, guards on the doors of the Twister club, and guards around the Tsunami HQ. Make it, so that if you cause trouble for these establishments your gonna pay and pay bad. But I can imagine that (if you regard them as humans and this whole situation as a real world thing) no guard is going to want to stand watch over PP1 entrance, when there's so many battles going on there. Not all the money in Neocron would keep a guard at his post when some screaming tank runs in and turns on the flame-juice ;P

So you have the RP side of it too now

Yes, exactly what I was trying to say. Besides the guards being an object for circling while pvping in hopes that your foe hits them. It's got an RP side to it. Guard businesses and clubs... not zone lines. Make it feel more like it's a turf war settled by players and not NPCs for dominance in pepper park between the TS and BD.

Mr_Snow
15-07-04, 18:37
Ratman veiwed and posted on the english forum for a maximum of 3 days after he was chosen.Being a community spokesman implies that he should have an idea what the community wants him to say and he cant have an idea if he doesnt read what the english community want.

RaTMaN McCruel
15-07-04, 18:42
Whoa! double.. no wait Quadrupple posting!!

Mr Ratman tell me this, are you pissed that you will have to change your char name due to the new name filter?

I like the name filter BUT it need some additions or changes.

for example:

- 2 ' instead of 1 for names like John 'the knife' Johnson
- 2 . instead of 1 for names like T.J. 'the Hook' Hooker
- min 1 number for name John Mayer the 1st

etc.

just some tweeks, because 1337 names doesnt belong here in this mmorpg neocron.

if this filter is tweeked for some good community discussed reasons and after that i have to change my name, i will change it.

but there is an other problem that comes along with this change that worries me a lot more, name stealing...or if some different player have nearly same names and have to change their name e.g. Hazzard01 and Hazzard0I.

This topic needs a lot more constructive discussion.

Clothing_Option
15-07-04, 18:48
OK as a paying subscriber to 2 accounts i would just like to say
I dont wanna change my name
i LIkes it likes it ises
why dont i wanna change my name cause i dont wanna
nuff said

ezza
15-07-04, 18:55
well someone feel free to steal my name i want a new name for my tank :D

hivemind
15-07-04, 18:57
I like the name filter BUT it need some additions or changes.

for example:

- 2 ' instead of 1 for names like John 'the knife' Johnson
- 2 . instead of 1 for names like T.J. 'the Hook' Hooker
- min 1 number for name John Mayer the 1st

etc.

just some tweeks, because 1337 names doesnt belong here in this mmorpg neocron.

if this filter is tweeked for some good community discussed reasons and after that i have to change my name, i will change it.

but there is an other problem that comes along with this change that worries me a lot more, name stealing...or if some different player have nearly same names and have to change their name e.g. Hazzard01 and Hazzard0I.

This topic needs a lot more constructive discussion.
See, that's why it's gotta be all or nothing. Because no matter what exemptions or exceptions people want, they can be abused. Going by what you'd like, I could make names like:

'.Dickh0le.'
No'..'0b
'4ss..'
U.b'4.r'

That's the kind of silly stuff we're trying to avoid.

There's no way to make exceptions without them being abused, or making more work for GMs who have to look at every new name to ensure it's within the spirit of the rule as well as the letter.

ezza
15-07-04, 18:59
yup the more leway(spelling) the easier it is for the l33t names.

Alice
15-07-04, 18:59
as I said. Someone should be picked for the english side. All in all, don't we bring in more custom than just the german aside? Then again, the way things are going, DOY or not, WOW has my vote. Blizzard have good tech support, will set up multi-lingual help, and I have the feeling I won't get FRE'd every ten minutes with their client software.

Sorry for the vote of no confidence, but, I've been in this game long enough. Faction Councillors were a sound idea, hell I was a Faction Assistant for Tsunami. It did nothing. In fact the Faction Councillor (TS) was more interested in making events for Jupiter, than helping bring events to Uranus.

I guess there's the argument that this is a german game, and so wouldn't their prorities be for the german population first, and that's fine, if I am not paying per month.

Saying that, I'll prolly get banned now. Just after I've gone through the pains of introducing a new person to Neocron, and on the verge of adding two more.

ezza
15-07-04, 19:00
why would you get banned :wtf:

Alice
15-07-04, 19:04
why would you get banned :wtf:

It's a crazy world. Who Knows? I got banned last time for saying something which should have been taken as a joke I guess. But not getting into it. I wanna keep playing my PPU, she's kinda fun when your leveling other people and trying to keep them alive

Mr_Snow
15-07-04, 19:35
It's a crazy world. Who Knows? I got banned last time for saying something which should have been taken as a joke I guess. But not getting into it. I wanna keep playing my PPU, she's kinda fun when your leveling other people and trying to keep them alive

You wont get banned for that, Ive said worse lots of times and havent got banned for it. The fact that KK are only marketing DoY in Germany atm shows its priority towards its home market and community which is a pity as it will be what limits the size of this game.

Odin
15-07-04, 19:50
Question? Have any of you even bothered to contact him? Ah thought so. He's only as useful as you guys make him.

Jest
15-07-04, 20:07
Ezza why are you using Blu Haze's avatar? O_o You dirty thief!

Morpheous
15-07-04, 20:20
Do a search for all posts by RaTMaN McCruel, our "Official Community Representative".

RaTMaN McWho?

Seriously though, each community should have its own representative.

J. Folsom
15-07-04, 20:31
Just a note, of the threads started by Ratman on the German forums, 5 of them were official community representative ones not posted on the English forums. The others were not related to his function as community representative.

To be exact, this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=103399), this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=97944), this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=102475), this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=102088) and this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=101401).

All other threads started by him were just normal threads.

EDIT: Just for clarity, this is based on my (limited) knowledge of German, and may not be 100% correct.

Nidhogg
15-07-04, 20:36
These two threads were sufficiently similar as to merit a merge. Make sure you read Odin's post, above.

N

slaughteruall
15-07-04, 20:39
Question? Have any of you even bothered to contact him? Ah thought so. He's only as useful as you guys make him.

Well since he never posted in the english forum since he got the job we all worta forgot about him. Wouldn't part of his job be to inform the other forums what the other forums are talking about? Try to get everyone's views on particular subjects? I would think so.

Slaughter

Jest
15-07-04, 20:46
Question? Have any of you even bothered to contact him? Ah thought so. He's only as useful as you guys make him.Odin Im still sorta confused on how exactly we are supposed to use him tbh. I know its been explained a few times but I'm not very good with abstract examples. Can you maybe post a few hypothetical but realistic examples?

Mattimeo
15-07-04, 22:26

You'd think a community representative's job would be being active in the community.....

slaughteruall
16-07-04, 16:41
You'd think a community representative's job would be being active in the community.....

That makes to much since. Doesn't it. And i bet we won't have another mod/gm post in here now.

Slaughter

Clothing_Option
16-07-04, 16:44
I didnt realise it was my job to track him down O_o

mazzaker
16-07-04, 16:58
I have to admit I would have to answer the question "what has he done" with a shrug for the German community, too. Even though it might be a bit harsh - I would have noticed if anything had changed, right?

slaughteruall
16-07-04, 17:04
I have to admit I would have to answer the question "what has he done" with a shrug for the German community, too. Even though it might be a bit harsh - I would have noticed if anything had changed, right?

Honestly i think it was just a futile effort to get us off KK's back for a few months. At least that is the way it seems.

Slaughter

QuantumDelta
16-07-04, 17:13
Honestly i think it was just a futile effort to get us off KK's back for a few months. At least that is the way it seems.

Slaughter
So you think they're going to scape goat on a productive member of the community?

Hmm...

slaughteruall
16-07-04, 17:14
So you think they're going to scape goat on a productive member of the community?

Hmm...

productive to what community? Not this one that is sure.

Celt
16-07-04, 17:22
Question? Have any of you even bothered to contact him? Ah thought so. He's only as useful as you guys make him.I was going to make some scathing remark, but why bother.

Everyone knows KK's main priority is germany and german players.

Hell, that's why I'm completely uninterested in that *other* mmo

Jest
16-07-04, 17:24

SlaughterIm sure they were good intentioned. I dont think they called a meeting with the title "Lets distract the players for a month" and attempted to figure out how they could shut us up for a while. :p

J. Folsom
16-07-04, 17:27
productive to what community? Not this one that is sure.
So they would pick a scapegoat from that community which is the only one they like and support? Uhhh... ;)

Not my personal view on the matter, just a reflection on things said by Slaughter, not that I don't like his grim attitude.

slaughteruall
16-07-04, 17:50
So they would pick a scapegoat from that community which is the only one they like and support? Uhhh... ;)

Not my personal view on the matter, just a reflection on things said by Slaughter, not that I don't like his grim attitude.

Yeah i know i always look at the bad side of things in life. It's sorta cool because i always expect the worse of things to happen. So if and when they dont i'm happier.

slaugher