PDA

View Full Version : Beta Aplications

Ryuben
14-07-04, 04:16
When Will people get told they are accepted for the beta??

Its just cos

a) i want to know :p
b) you got people on idsn and 500k internet and 56kers
(take a while to D/L the client)
c) well i guess teh comunity wants to know :D

Not trying to rush you maybe just prod you alond a weee bit :)

jernau
14-07-04, 04:20
I'd like to know too but I have to say if I were KK I'd probably skip anyone on <512k for this test. It's easy to test modem connections seperately, NC already runs better over modem than pretty much every other game out there and they are too much hassle at this stage.

..i..DemonX
14-07-04, 04:23
Uh i think there was a thread like that be4 here and all that was talk in it was if we (the threadstarter and those that reply) only whant to raise the postcount :(

But i would realy as well know when we / or only those that will get in Beta gets knowledge about!

Redburn
14-07-04, 05:49
KK has said that they will let us know when the first emails go out due to the possiblity of people trying to spoof KK emails sniffing for account names and passwords.

System
14-07-04, 05:58
i heard the 19th but what I heard could be wrong so...

YoDa-UK
14-07-04, 11:07
19th July is where the Beta starts, my guess is emails will go out on 17th and 18th for people to download the beta client needed "2gig", i would think also that 56k/ISDN players won't get a look in, it would take them days to download it *strokes ADSL Router*

But i would love to hear about it too, of course if you don't get in, you won't hear if people got emails coz of the NDA that will be in place, no one is allowed to talk about Beta, closed doors as they say, need to know basis, and you don't need to know :p

garyu69
14-07-04, 11:25
Having to sign an NDA who is to say that those who will be Beta testing have not already been told. Therefore they are not allowed to say anything.

With the risk of Spoof e-mails why would KK announce on the forums that all applicants who were successful will receive an e-mail? This would give the spoofers the chance to start sending out their dodgy mails.

If i was KK i would PM those selected individually and tell them to check their mail ;)

formori
14-07-04, 11:31
also youll get access to the beta forums :)