PDA

View Full Version : Do we need an Administration smack-down?

Moscow
14-07-04, 01:33
Let's face it, the Anti-city Factions have got life easy. Almost too easy, in fact. Easy access to all levelling areas, all equipment (and then some), the largest clans (mostly) and almost free-reign of the city(ies).

We need CityAdmin to REALLY crack down on Anti-city, bar them from "civilised" areas, restrict access to inner-city zones and make life VERY uncomfortable within the city limits.

As it stands, it's absurdly easy to be an Anti-city Runner (And I would know; I have characters in both Pro and Anti-city Factions).

I can't come up with any ideas, personally, but I'm sure you chaps can.

Peace.

-Moscow

plague
14-07-04, 01:38
and what would smack down be? anticity factions kos? i dont think so since there is no other place to get pokes ress cst etc...

StryfeX
14-07-04, 01:41
I'll support that. Most of my chars are in Anti-City factions and I like hanging out in TH anyway. Although I wouldn't mind of they redesigned it to make it flow a little better.

--Stryfe

Marx
14-07-04, 01:45
I want the City Admin to start acting the way it was put forward in the history - while I submit stuff to the Neocronicle which bolsters their almost evil appearance, it only goes so far since the Neocronicle hardly changes any ingame stats or materials.

Scikar
14-07-04, 01:56
Yeah.

/Me remembers the time when you could find TG tradeskillers in TG, before they all migrated to P1, and then P2.

Siygess
14-07-04, 02:07
Heck yes! The city needs to demonstrate a willingness to kick those scum (no offense to you anti-city peeps :D) out of town. From a tradeskill point of view, it wont really affect you all that much - if forced out, the anti-city tradeskilliers will migrate back to FA / The Canyons.

Rob01m
14-07-04, 02:29
and what would smack down be? anticity factions kos? i dont think so since there is no other place to get pokes ress cst etc...

There are anti-city tradeskillers, right?

If all of anti-city factions were KOS, how would the anti-city tradeskillers stay in plaza? Oh right, they wouldn't, they'd be at places where anti-city factions could go.

Marx
14-07-04, 02:41
There are anti-city tradeskillers, right?

If all of anti-city factions were KOS, how would the anti-city tradeskillers stay in plaza? Oh right, they wouldn't, they'd be at places where anti-city factions could go.
Hell, there are even GM-created safezone apartments in TG and the like... Now there'd be a reason for them to be used if a person feels they can't trust their enviroment.

Rob01m
14-07-04, 02:50
Well anyways, it seems KK are waiting for BDoY before banning Anti-city factions from Neocron.

I wonder if Pro-City factions will get free access to the Dome of York for years? It's only fair... :P

IceStorm
14-07-04, 03:06
Let's face it, the Anti-city Factions have got life easy.Reakktor never finished the anti-city areas. There's no point to a "crackdown" until they finish off the other resource areas. The only one even passingly finished is TH, and even that lacks 10 cab apts. The others are a joke - CM? TG? Give me a break. Do you have any idea of how much "stuff" there is in this game? Do you have any idea how hard it is to work out of a mere three-cab apartment?

Hopefully KK will finish up the anti-city areas with BDOY, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

rob444
14-07-04, 03:13
Amen! (yes)

Praetorian
14-07-04, 03:51
Yes! From a RPG standpoint it would be nice if it was not only the CA Guards that opened fire, but the COPBOTs too. I dont recall being allowed to walk freely into TG as a CA runner, now do i?

On a sidenote i might add i always thought it was a bit funny when that lady would say "Dangerous criminals found inside the city limit" (or something like it)... Right, that would be about 80% of the occupants of Plaza 2... :rolleyes:

To Icestorm:

Yes, let the MB have huge appartments because its not a military base at all its a 5 star luxury hotel... Same with the canyon, it was actually going to be called Paradise Hotel, but then they somehow came up with Twilight Guardian... Bad name from a business point of view if you ask me... Oh wait, its carved out of rock? My bad... ;)

As a tradeskiller i know what you mean, but who said life was supposed to be easy as a Twilight Guardian? The game manual even says its for the veteran players... But tbh its not, is it...

Candaman
14-07-04, 03:55
sounds like doy to me the problem atm is that the faction F6 is sooo screwed up everyone ends up being allied to everyone some way or other and so if anti city is allied to a pro city faction y wouldn't they be able to get into the city

J J
14-07-04, 04:06

omg heaven forbid there would actually have to be anti-city runners who ress/poke/construct :eek: The point is that there are these ppl already, just the ridiculous RP system atm allows them to walk freely throughout the city which apparantly they so vehmountly despise. If anti-city runners were unable to hang out in the heart of their enemy's city, which apparantly they spend every waking minute trying to bring down, the result would not be that anti-city runners could not get a poke/weapon built, they would simply get a poke/construct outside the city walls. Heaven forbid :wtf:

Crono
14-07-04, 04:17
Let's face it, the Anti-city Factions have got life easy. Almost too easy, in fact. Easy access to all levelling areas, all equipment (and then some), the largest clans (mostly) and almost free-reign of the city(ies).

We need CityAdmin to REALLY crack down on Anti-city, bar them from "civilised" areas, restrict access to inner-city zones and make life VERY uncomfortable within the city limits.

As it stands, it's absurdly easy to be an Anti-city Runner (And I would know; I have characters in both Pro and Anti-city Factions).

I can't come up with any ideas, personally, but I'm sure you chaps can.

Peace.

-Moscow

100% agree, but after DOY. Dont kid yourself into thinking TH/MB/TG can be used as a hub for tradeskill traffic :P No one playes to be a gaurd dog, and chasing PK'rs out of those areas are fun as hell :P but you cant wait for it to happen, so if your chasing someone out usually they killed any non battle people there, so no one will stick around ever in those areas for Tradeskills.

If this is to happen now id be fine with it, but suddenly make all TH/TG HQ's (which are arguabally mini cities) either have 1 safezone with shops or have the gaurds Copbot style raining 120/120 hell from the sky ;P

After DOY each side will have its own city and then a harsher banning should be done. But not now, it is kinda like you want this out of some sort of jelousness/anger that the easier lvling spots are anti city (though WB's are by CM, and the good cahos caves with the queen at the end is by CRP, that not a clan owned GR)

So a definate no for now.

-Crono

..i..DemonX
14-07-04, 04:20
Well as far as i know about BDOY u will get shoot every place in NC when u are anti CA, or?
So it comes already!

Drexel
14-07-04, 04:24
Have paitentce,

DoY comes out in 6 weeks, Anti-City will be banished form inner city areas & relecated to PP & OZ buy City admin (& possibly Copbots) opening fire on Anti-City in Plaza & Via-rosso.

Also Plaza & Via-Rosso will no longer to safe zones & we will be able to shoot any offenders we see attempting to access our fair city. (Like PP of old where the copbots warn you but you can still pull a gun briefly).

Happy days ahead :D

trigger hurt
14-07-04, 04:28
Hell, there are even GM-created safezone apartments in TG and the like... Now there'd be a reason for them to be used if a person feels they can't trust their enviroment. Unless something has changed, all apartments in TG are safe zones. The only place, to my knowledge that does not have safezones in their apartments (outside of the city) is Tech Haven.

I don't think it's time for an anti-city smackdown, to be honest. Of all the places I go hunting/leveling, the best ones are wide open to me...you know...public genreps withing walking distance...*cough*

btw, I am biotech.

Crono
14-07-04, 04:58
And if i hear one more noobishly stupid answer like "well, in the manual it says those factions are supposed to be for more experianced players" i can 100% gaurentee its simply because you have to travel as a noob through feelds od 2-3star mobs through atleast 4-5 zones. MB says for experianced players also and their pro city ;P So its obvious that that reason is why.

Right now the City is a melting pot hub for trade, and untill a clone of it is made (in a sence, like DOY) for the "other side" it will remain that way. Rember, right now neocron was made and balanced with the idea that copbots were SL enforcers, peace keepers and nothing more. It wasnt balanced around the idea that they arer to be counted as CA gaurds, this is changing, and look at all the compinsating their doing for it (DOY City)

Right now consider each faction HQ in itself, and the city is what links them. CA owns it to an extent, but it still housses a bunch of other equally as big factions.

Untill DOY is released it really pisses me off to no end that people are trying to get the SL enforcers to become their own personal CA gaurds. Such selfishness to spite someone who probabbly killed them and trying to use some RP yet unbvalanced excuise to fund it is BS.

Polls like this have been done before, and people always voted for it because they like the idea of seeing their "enimies" have a harder time, regardless of current balance. If yoiu made a poll for techparts to rain from the sky every friday night, you would get a bunch of people voting for that too.

-Crono

Tostino
14-07-04, 05:14
Ok this idea would compleatly fuck over the ppl that cant go in MB TH TG. But when DOY is out it would be a good idea. But they would need to make the copbots not kill you in 3 hits and be able to be killed by a group of 4 with a ppu.

IceStorm
14-07-04, 05:19
Yes, let the MB have huge appartments because its not a military base at all its a 5 star luxury hotel...Since when does a warehouse-styled base mean elimination of storage space?
As a tradeskiller i know what you mean, but who said life was supposed to be easy as a Twilight Guardian? The game manual even says its for the veteran players... But tbh its not, is it...TG is not for "beginners" because it's not in a safezone (only the apts are) and right outside the entrance are 120/120 fire mobs..

Have paitentce,

DoY comes out in 6 weeksIf you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you, too...

Regardless, the situation won't be rectified until BDOY or after, either because they're going to "fix" it in BDOY or because they'll have freed up some resources to address it post-BDOY release.

Drake6k
14-07-04, 05:19
I agree all safe zones should be removed, guards made fightable, and factions should keep enemies away.

seraphian
14-07-04, 07:27
even though I play mostly anti-city, I agree. There is no reason the CA would let people like that in their city.

Then again to compensate you'd need to flesh out TG canyon and TH a bit better, but it could be easily done (add a newb sewer that isn't full of 40/40 and tough-as-nails 35/35 mobs to TH and an outzone-type cave full of 20/20 to 50/50 mobs in TG)

It would also make it important to use the back entrances to NC and give a purpose to the OZ...

yavimaya
14-07-04, 07:31
Heck yes! The city needs to demonstrate a willingness to kick those scum (no offense to you anti-city peeps :D) out of town. From a tradeskill point of view, it wont really affect you all that much - if forced out, the anti-city tradeskilliers will migrate back to FA / The Canyons.

and get killed everyday, as they would be the only ones there, and have no protection, except for the guards, which when really needed, no guards in this game "make the cut".
they should not be called guards, they should be called "bouncers" or "fight spectators"

ino
14-07-04, 08:21
Dooh scikar ?spelling :)

Was about to say the same thing. Back in the god o'l days when you went out of app in TG (saturn) and saw 35 ppl in local standing arround talking, killing anything that wasnt supposed to be there.. sigh I miss that time alot. A noob didnt have to visit the city atall to get pokes or repairs/cst/ress and what not it all was right there.

Sure it would be nice to be able to get into town by sneaking arround. But ye tg's atleast have it too easy when it comes to access in the city.

Crono
14-07-04, 09:04

Was about to say the same thing. Back in the god o'l days when you went out of app in TG (saturn) and saw 35 ppl in local standing arround talking, killing anything that wasnt supposed to be there.. sigh I miss that time alot. A noob didnt have to visit the city atall to get pokes or repairs/cst/ress and what not it all was right there.

Sure it would be nice to be able to get into town by sneaking arround. But ye tg's atleast have it too easy when it comes to access in the city.

the reason it hasent changed the 100 OTHER TIMES this has been brought up is because there is no alternatives right now. Rember, inside the city, the tradeskillers arent all city faction, many are FA/BD/Tsunami/crahn. but there is not legitamit place for them to "pimp" their wears, because there is only a popular safezone in Plaza. you advertise your tradeskilling in any other place, a mini asshat KT will come to PK u :P

There is nothign inside the city limits that they need either besids all the tradeskillers that chill in the safezone.

When BDOY comes out it will change, untill then chill the heck out :P
Ill bet good money this was broguht on from you getting PK'd by a TG or you tried to get to el farid and got wasted by a DOY bot and now your mad that u see them in the city and want them to pay :P

-Crono

Sorontar
14-07-04, 09:24
As soon as Reza states that they are KOS they will be I suppose ( correct me if I missed a speech by him or public announcement )............ if the leader of CA himself has a 'softly softly they will see the error of their ways by being here' attitude surely we as CA runners would have to follow that.

When safezones go of course I'm sure they will re-locate.

As it is we can just chase them out of the city hunting zones and let the good people of the world hunt there in peace.

I'd love a KOS CA trooper positioned above the Aggies in both sectors. You know they type , itchy trigger finger and a twitchy face. :D

Crono
14-07-04, 09:26
As soon as Reza states that they are KOS they will be I suppose ( correct me if I missed a speech by him or public announcement )............ if the leader of CA himself has a 'softly softly they will see the error of their ways by being here' attitude surely we as CA runners would have to follow that.

When safezones go of course I'm sure they will re-locate.

As it is we can just chase them out of the city hunting zones and let the good people of the world hunt there in peace.

I'd love a KOS CA trooper positioned above the Aggies in both sectors. You know they type , itchy trigger finger and a twitchy face. :D

I doubt very much from a RP standpoint that rezza would give a rats ass that some enemies are helping him clean out the sewers of the vermin their trying to get rid of ;P

-Crono

formori
14-07-04, 09:50
well the next market works very well, it isnt a safe zone, but it has copbots there :) lots of chairs and all manor of goodness, and vendors

so an appt market can work

msdong
14-07-04, 10:17
Im a TG player, but i like slowly see some countermeasures against us. the guards at tyherra are a cool first step but i like more of them.
a trader in TG works i know.

so please KK add 'some more' KOS guards in the town.

Siygess
14-07-04, 10:21
and get killed everyday, as they would be the only ones there, and have no protection, except for the guards, which when really needed, no guards in this game "make the cut". they should not be called guards, they should be called "bouncers" or "fight spectators"

Come again? - there are plenty of guards in TG, and even if they don't aggro reliably, it's not as though the Canyons get raided very often. TG apartments are also safezones, plus you have the "construct clubs" (which although not on all servers, seem to be TG only) that are fully decked out apartments for tradeskillers to operate out of. FA has even more guards to protect you.. and unlike, say, the CA guards, they will *all* aggro hostile runners. The BD, cS and TS runners can also operate out of the Pepper Park subway stations and indeed have done so in the past. The only reason these initiatives haven't worked is because people still insist on going to P1 and ignoring these dedicated tradeskillers. Really, this would be the only problem you face - people will go where the tradeskillers are, you just have to convince enough people to relocate, and it's not as though you aren't going to have to do this when DoY comes out.

Honestly, most of you anti-city types are like ungrateful childeren: You bad-mouth your parents (Reza) and his allies every chance you get but you still expect to be allowed to come home (Neocron) when ever you like and use the facilities (Plaza 1 and Pro-city tradeskillers) :D

EDIT:

Untill DOY is released it really pisses me off to no end that people are trying to get the SL enforcers to become their own personal CA gaurds. Such selfishness to spite someone who probabbly killed them and trying to use some RP yet unbvalanced excuise to fund it is BS

Actually I dont think the Copbots should ever kill CA enemies on sight - they are, as you put it, SL enforcers. Even when DoY comes, we're still going to need them (assuming the SL system hasn't changed) to punish ally killers, NPC killers and the odd runner or two who accidentally killed some Vendors at an Op war. I also like Copbots the way there are because it reassures me that Reza isn't quite the evil dictator everyone wants to think he is - after all, an evil dictator wouldn't have an army of Copbots and not use them to kill his enemies, would he?

What I would like to see, however, is one or two CA guards in Plaza 2, 3 and 4, all with the "aggro" script as seen in Plaza 1 Medicare.. and to see the same script applied to all CA guards when DoY comes out and the safe zones go *poof*

winnoc
14-07-04, 10:59
Back when i was patroling the streets on my ncpd cop, i would urge all anti city to show their id and come to the staion with me, nooen complied, and my friendly white copbot colleagues didn't do anything :-(

I await the day when the anti-city cum is removed from the fair streets of neocron. They have their own places to trade, and i'm sure DOY will have a marketplace for their tradeskillers.

Xiphias
14-07-04, 11:48
as they are removing safe zones within the city at b: doy, it will leave things open for anti city factions to camp npcs such as yakarmas or crytons, and as we seeing now, most players are anti city,and on most servers,
anti city > pro city; certainly the case on saturn and pluto.

so i think copbots should kos all anti ca factions, this way, yes,anti city factions can "raid" the city, but in no way will they be able to camp such places as crytons or yakarmas.

ezza
14-07-04, 12:24

ya that was cool back when i used to hang at TG as a Crahn and then as MiG member.

always clan hanging there and had tradeskillers on and about, i guess the fact that there aint any people in the area disuades the traders from being there.

as for city admin doing some ass kicking.

they will have to grow a pair before they can do that, the CA who like a good fight dont number that high, i can only name a few of them.

anyone remember the drugs crackdown in PP1, where GMs played cops and were confiscating illegal drugs etc.

be cool if the actual CA players were able to do stuff like that, head into PP with a elite force out to crack down on the local gangsters.

Siygess
14-07-04, 12:42
they will have to grow a pair before they can do that, the CA who like a good fight dont number that high, i can only name a few of them.

I think it's fair to say that there are a number of really good PvP'ers in CA, but like all the factions, they represent a small percentage of the factions population.. and 5% of 50 CA players isn't as good as 5% of 1000 TG players :)

ezza
14-07-04, 12:44
lol true

Praetorian
14-07-04, 13:39
And if i hear one more noobishly stupid answer like "well, in the manual it says those factions are supposed to be for more experianced players" i can 100% gaurentee its simply because you have to travel as a noob through feelds od 2-3star mobs through atleast 4-5 zones. MB says for experianced players also and their pro city ;P So its obvious that that reason is why.

Right now the City is a melting pot hub for trade, and untill a clone of it is made (in a sence, like DOY) for the "other side" it will remain that way. Rember, right now neocron was made and balanced with the idea that copbots were SL enforcers, peace keepers and nothing more. It wasnt balanced around the idea that they arer to be counted as CA gaurds, this is changing, and look at all the compinsating their doing for it (DOY City)

Right now consider each faction HQ in itself, and the city is what links them. CA owns it to an extent, but it still housses a bunch of other equally as big factions.

Untill DOY is released it really pisses me off to no end that people are trying to get the SL enforcers to become their own personal CA gaurds. Such selfishness to spite someone who probabbly killed them and trying to use some RP yet unbvalanced excuise to fund it is BS.

Polls like this have been done before, and people always voted for it because they like the idea of seeing their "enimies" have a harder time, regardless of current balance. If yoiu made a poll for techparts to rain from the sky every friday night, you would get a bunch of people voting for that too.

-Crono

If I'm not totally mistaken, CA runs Neocron? Is Twilight Guardians missions to see that changed? Would it be logical that CA would not want TG inside the city? Right, I think even you can see the logic Crono... I hope... o.O

Praetorian
14-07-04, 13:45
Since when does a warehouse-styled base mean elimination of storage space?

TG is not for "beginners" because it's not in a safezone (only the apts are) and right outside the entrance are 120/120 fire mobs..

Regardless, the situation won't be rectified until BDOY or after, either because they're going to "fix" it in BDOY or because they'll have freed up some resources to address it post-BDOY release.

No, but tell me what buyable appartment is labelled 'storage space' in Neocron? Right, if they added that type of appartment we can agree. Good idea. (Kinda like the storage cell, but buyable in MB/TH)

And if your nervous about safezones keep your LE in, and I've done the run between NC->TG->TH->MB 3 times as a noob now... yes RUN... Didnt die at all 3 times either... So I still dont think (unless someone has seen this officially) that is why its labelled 'for experienced players' or whatever its called in the manual...

Selendor
14-07-04, 13:46
First off, nothing will change this close to DoY, they are winding down these servers, they will die very soon. So discussion of this issue should only really be pointed at DoY, because I think that right now we are in a position to influence it more than we know.

I agree all safe zones should be removed, guards made fightable, and factions should keep enemies away.

Totally agree, do you all remember when they made enemies KOS in Plaza One? Cause and effect - everyone just moved to Plaza 2! Waste of time. While I hate to see anti-city criminals in the city as much as the next man, we have to realise that with the populations as they are, everyone needs tradeskillers no matter their faction. The population can only support one tradeskill zone at the present time.

I think people have to seriously consider what the landscape will be like with DoY. I think the guards should be attacking runners but not in the 'one shot death' kind of power, raiders should be able to attack both cities with ease. And why? Because CONFLICT = ACTION = GOOD FOR THE GAME. I want to see anti-city forces in both Cities all the time, this is a pvp-based game, every time in the past they have toned it down (faction HQ's, Tech Haven) it just causes a zone to become deserted. Neocron players as they are today require two things:

- A safezone for Tradeskilling (P2)
- Combat zones for raiding enemy factions (MB, PP)

Any small change to this balance will alter our gaming experience considerably, and in a way, its needed, because Neocron isn't going anywhere in its current state. DoY must not only replace our jaded established routines, but also improve on them - a big challenge indeed.

Judge
14-07-04, 14:50
I would just like to point out to everyone who says that Anti-City factions can use TH or the Canyon, that Crahn and BD (at least) cannot use TH, and BD cannot use Canyon. Oh and look... BD isn't even meant to be for "Experienced runners". :rolleyes:

Until DoY I'm against this, for many reasons, including amount of cabs etc etc.. but once DoY comes then I'm all for it, as we'll have our own damn city. And Crahn will once again have a mightly Cathedral mwahahahahaha....

Oh, oh oh. And when DoY comes out it would be cool to have CA as real opressors. Like if you insult Reza in any CA monitored chat (which includes your email :o) then you start getting monitored, if you are plotting an attack or just slagging him/CA off on a regular basis then next time you're in your appartment you get a small visit from hostile CA guards. :p

Marx
14-07-04, 17:54
BD has PP, if the person decides to play a BD in full figure... They will also be able to hit up OZ-8.

I don't see what the problem is.

Crono
14-07-04, 18:13
If I'm not totally mistaken, CA runs Neocron? Is Twilight Guardians missions to see that changed? Would it be logical that CA would not want TG inside the city? Right, I think even you can see the logic Crono... I hope... o.O

Look, how long have you been around? The game simply wasnt planned or balanced for this. It was never meant or desighned to be like that. Cop Bots were SL enforcers ONLY, and the city was always the hub of it all. If you wanna get all RPish, how do the gaurds even know their TG.

They now making a anti-city city. Then this can be done. It is selfish as hell to try to get it done before thes. im not even one of the ones who would be banned from the city.

Where the heck are all those pro-city noobs who bitched and bitched when TH/MB wanted better gaurds and we were told "stfu fight your own fights" by all the noobs who like raiding there and killing any lone tradeskiller there, running the excuse its to drag out a real fight (yet leave soon as equal odds arive)

The turrets in TH, there is now 2 at the GR's and solo ones placed in other locations around the bends, they can be gotten past fairly easily now, there is no more stockpiles of them.

If any tradeskiller announced on TH/TG/MB chat that their offering there services there, noobs from all around would flock there for a easy kill.

-Crono

greendonkeyuk
14-07-04, 18:22
if safe zones are removed (except faction hqs, is that how its gonna be?) then there shouldnt be any problem for people to tradeskill as no one place will be any better than any other. it will make for better rp generally. as it is now, give a fool a safezone, he will loiter in it. Give him a place to pk, he will go there all day.....

its sad but thats how it is.

LiL T
14-07-04, 18:58
When I can wonder into pepper park then into plaza and blow peoples brains out and dogde the copbots then yes

Crono
14-07-04, 21:35
and dogde the copbots then yes

Yea, i hope the Inner DOY gaurd bots use a modified Copbot type fire that rains red hell from the sky thats undogable like the Copbots green raining hell ;P

-Crono

Praetorian
14-07-04, 21:41
Look, how long have you been around? The game simply wasnt planned or balanced for this. It was never meant or desighned to be like that. Cop Bots were SL enforcers ONLY, and the city was always the hub of it all. If you wanna get all RPish, how do the gaurds even know their TG.

They now making a anti-city city. Then this can be done. It is selfish as hell to try to get it done before thes. im not even one of the ones who would be banned from the city.

Sigh... "how long have you been around", well spring 2003 good enough for you? I did not say that the copbots should KOS, but give me one satisfactory reason CA should allow TG in Plaza 2 when they have placed the CA guards in plaza 1? And how does everyone know what faction people are in? RPOS i would guess... and yeah i picked pluto because i was into roleplaying. And the story behind it all is CA is hostile to TG and the other way around... So wtf is so selfish about wanting the storyline to be actually acted out in NC? :wtf:

Praetorian
14-07-04, 21:43
Yea, i hope the Inner DOY gaurd bots use a modified Copbot type fire that rains red hell from the sky thats undogable like the Copbots green raining hell ;P

-Crono

As long as you have nice SL whats there to fear? Besides just yesterday i saw a tank on pluto run through the blasts of a copbot rifle just fine with PPU buffs... ;)

Crono
14-07-04, 21:49
Sigh... "how long have you been around", well spring 2003 good enough for you? I did not say that the copbots should KOS, but give me one satisfactory reason CA should allow TG in Plaza 2 when they have placed the CA guards in plaza 1? And how does everyone know what faction people are in? RPOS i would guess... and yeah i picked pluto because i was into roleplaying. And the story behind it all is CA is hostile to TG and the other way around... So wtf is so selfish about wanting the storyline to be actually acted out in NC? :wtf:

Because right now the game in its current state isnt desighned to house that ideal. Their working on the second city for the other side. Its selfish because you want it done now before the other side gets their version.

The canyons are TG, why not place a few more gaurds around all TG type genreps, around the Cave entrances and maby a few throught the chaos caves in raised strategic spots to keep those sity people away from the "TG Zone" lvling spots?

no i dont want that to happen, but its the same thing in importance right now, everyone needs lvling, and everyoine needs a semi safe, weither its through a safezone, or deep within a HEavilly gaurdded facility (you can run through TG from bottom to top and dodge most the crappy fusion blasts :P )

No tradeskillers would stand in plaza 1 or 2 if it diddnt have a safe zone, cause they would turn around for a second and then someone would GR in and blast them to hell. in its current setup that is, same with Tradeskillers in TG/TH/MB.

-Crono

[EDIT]

After DOY im pretty shure copbots will be attackign enemies anyways. they need heavy gaurdding to make a no safezone/GR (of opposite faction) Place work.

But yea, a PPU or a PPU supportted tank can stand copbot fire for a short amount of time, but he is still weaker then a tank unbuffed in a no copbot zone because of all the copbot dmg he is taking :P

Praetorian
14-07-04, 22:03
Well I can wait for DoY, but i always wanted TG to be outlawed in the city. Thats not just something I just thought would be cool. Besides, theres already plenty of TG guards out in the zones around TG, you dont see any CA guards in the same manner outside plaza do you? I mean theres plenty of levelling spots inside NC that has no guards... I dont see your point. Tradeskillers could use the appartments in TG for safety if they could be bothered to do it, but no... People are stuck in their ways, its selfish to want to stay inside a city which you are (storywise) its enemy...

But your right, it CAN wait for DoY, god knows we've been waiting long enough anyway... I just want to see this happen.

BTW, noone can GR into a place and blast tradeskillers to pieces with SI and guards at GR? Barely anyone i see GR into plaza 1 who aggro the guards get out alive, and if they do its by a hairsbreath and the tradeskillers could beat the poor sod to death with their fists... :D

One problem i do see ith DoY is that i fear a GREAT migration of cityfaction people who wants to see the new kid on the block, so lets see how that works out then... o.O

Crono
14-07-04, 22:15
Well I can wait for DoY, but i always wanted TG to be outlawed in the city. Thats not just something I just thought would be cool. Besides, theres already plenty of TG guards out in the zones around TG, you dont see any CA guards in the same manner outside plaza do you? I mean theres plenty of levelling spots inside NC that has no guards... I dont see your point. Tradeskillers could use the appartments in TG for safety if they could be bothered to do it, but no... People are stuck in their ways, its selfish to want to stay inside a city which you are (storywise) its enemy...

But your right, it CAN wait for DoY, god knows we've been waiting long enough anyway... I just want to see this happen.

BTW, noone can GR into a place and blast tradeskillers to pieces with SI and guards at GR? Barely anyone i see GR into plaza 1 who aggro the guards get out alive, and if they do its by a hairsbreath and the tradeskillers could beat the poor sod to death with their fists... :D

One problem i do see ith DoY is that i fear a GREAT migration of cityfaction people who wants to see the new kid on the block, so lets see how that works out then... o.O

I can use my Speed gat right out of a GR :D

But right now if you really wanted anyone can do their tradeskilling right out of a apt, all Neocron ones too. The game was balenced not in a RP way, but in a faction way. each faction had its own base, and the city was a hub. Origonally factions werent even pitted against each other. More and more keep being cadded to make it more side vs side, but the city wasnt desighened origonally to be a big "City Admin Faction base" Thy have slowly been changing it, but they stoped at a certian point because any more before DOY leaves allot out in the dry. And most tradeskill as favors with their free time ;P Not many right now need money enough to go out of their way and do it from an apt.

I will miss seeing some TG in the city though, Classic moments like when Insidious Wolf and his other TG friends whent into their lvl 3 Plasa apt and started announcing a City Admin runner party over all the channels, with the apt number and lift code :D :D :D

oh man, that was one of the funniest things ive ever seen :D

-Crono

Dirk_Gently
15-07-04, 02:34
I have a cunning plan to resurrect pro-city on Uranus; or at least make life more difficult for anti-city.

I just need to cap 2 newb chars before I can do it so may take a while.....