PDA

View Full Version : Grs and next.

LTA
13-07-04, 19:16
heh a thought popped into my head...

Who controls the Gene Rep data.... do ca control it or do NEXT control it cuz it gave me some ideas for something rpish

Ryuben
13-07-04, 19:18
check the cronical ;)

Marx
13-07-04, 19:18
heh a thought popped into my head...

Who controls the Gene Rep data.... do ca control it or do NEXT control it cuz it gave me some ideas for something rpish
NEXT 'officially' controls it, but since all pro-NC companies are really run by CA puppets, I would imagine in the end, the City Admin would control it.

Depends on perspective.

rob444
13-07-04, 19:24
If CA/N.E.X.T controls it, why come TG got them in their canyons? I mean, TG = enemy for both CA/N.E.X.T, right? If TG stole a generep or built one themselves, CA/N.E.X.T could just not communicate with their GR's which would make it impossible for TG's to GR to CA/N.E.X.T's ones? Would be cool if it was like this :)

Marx
13-07-04, 19:26
If CA/N.E.X.T controls it, why come TG got them in their canyons? I mean, TG = enemy for both CA/N.E.X.T, right? If TG stole a generep or built one themselves, CA/N.E.X.T could just not communicate with their GR's which would make it impossible for TG's to GR to CA/N.E.X.T's ones? Would be cool if it was like this :)There are alot of gaps in storyline stuff like that... But it could be argued that the Gen Reps in the Canyon have been modified by TH scientists, since alot of them are former NEXT employees; thus allowing TG subversives to use the gen rep in TG unhampered... Of course that doesn't explain how they can use city GR's...

LTA
13-07-04, 19:27
NEXT 'officially' controls it, but since all pro-NC companies are really run by CA puppets, I would imagine in the end, the City Admin would control it.

Depends on perspective.
Well what i was thinking is the possibilty of a NEXT runner being a TG spy or something who's actually inflitrated NEXT worked his way through the company by whatever means and say gained access to the data and maliciously deleted peoples data.
Obviously i suspect Reza's data would like 5000bit encrypted code shizzle so wouldn't be hackable by anyone short of Morpheus or someone but think that there could be anything to back a story of it.

Ryuben
13-07-04, 19:27
If CA/N.E.X.T controls it, why come TG got them in their canyons? I mean, TG = enemy for both CA/N.E.X.T, right? If TG stole a generep or built one themselves, CA/N.E.X.T could just not communicate with their GR's which would make it impossible for TG's to GR to CA/N.E.X.T's ones? Would be cool if it was like this :)
unless you was TG then it would suck ass

rob444
13-07-04, 19:29
Well I hate TG, what did you expect :P

seraphian
13-07-04, 22:20
I doubt that the GR system scans your genetics to see who you are before they let you use the system, and even if they did it's not like they have DNA files on every single TG/CS/BD out there...

I've always assumed that the canyon GR was hacked into the system somehow, but that's just my assumption.

It makes sense for TH to have them though, seeing as the FA are NexT's allies.

LTA
13-07-04, 22:30
I doubt that the GR system scans your genetics to see who you are before they let you use the system, and even if they did it's not like they have DNA files on every single TG/CS/BD out there...

I've always assumed that the canyon GR was hacked into the system somehow, but that's just my assumption.

It makes sense for TH to have them though, seeing as the FA are NexT's allies.
If it dosent store data then how do you gr from death?

seraphian
13-07-04, 22:35
What I meant was I doubt that they have connection data that stores your information and identity for linking to the CA or NCPD.

IF they did people with low SL ('Terrorists' according to the NCPD) wouldn't be allowed to use GRs... hey that's not such a bad idea :p

Dazist
13-07-04, 22:41
I wonder if in bdoy, procity factions can only use procity grs and viceversa. Naturally op gr ownership would be dictated by op owner.

Centuri
13-07-04, 23:05
Heres something for you guys to think about, relating to gen reps. In game its possible to gen rep from a gen rep to an outpost, underground. However last time I checked there was no gen rep device in the underground. So how could someone actually appear there.

Also the DNA would have to be scanned for gen reps to be locked, everyones DNA would have to be on file so that those clans who lock the gen rep to clan only can be id'ed.

Just something for you to consider :)