PDA

View Full Version : abuse@neocron.com

Ryuben
13-07-04, 19:13
whats the point of email SS's here as they don't even get seen let alone looked at

I had one certain imature person call me a ************ i sent it off to abuse and havn't even got a reply.

i have in all sent 3 Emails to abuse and never recived so much as a auto reply back.

So does it just get looked at but no one tells us or are they lost in the system :rolleyes:

MrChumble
13-07-04, 19:14
This is why I tend to bring stuff to the forums before abuse/exploits@neocron.com. At least here you know someone has seen it (cos they rant at you over PM and close your thread :D)

rob444
13-07-04, 19:14
How long did you wait?

Ryuben
13-07-04, 19:16
about...2 weeks ? probly 6 weeks - 2 weeks covering all 3 emails (3 seperate incidents)

Syntax-Error
13-07-04, 19:16
they dont usually reply. and ull never know if action is taken against them.

greendonkeyuk
13-07-04, 19:17
no offence but are you german at all? coz your location says uk, i mean if youre not in any way german (parents,grandparents?) then what are you complaining about? its jus the same as someone calling you an asshole in my book, you ignore it.

I have german relatives (grandmother, 4 great uncles aunts etc), if anyone ever called them ************s id be major pissed off, id prolly smack em one if i could, but if someone called it me... id laugh at em and go yeah right... stfu.

Maybe you should try it?

rob444
13-07-04, 19:18
Well first time I sent piccies and logs I got a reply, that was like ages ago. Maybe they've changed their policy o_O

Ryuben
13-07-04, 19:20
no offence but are you german at all? coz your location says uk, i mean if youre not in any way german (parents,grandparents?) then what are you complaining about? its jus the same as someone calling you an asshole in my book, you ignore it.

I have german relatives (grandmother, 4 great uncles aunts etc), if anyone ever called them ************s id be major pissed off, id prolly smack em one if i could, but if someone called it me... id laugh at em and go yeah right... stfu.

Maybe you should try it?
i got german blood in me.

and cos it doesn't apply means u should ignore it.

Cos some ones not insulting you its ok?

So if some one starts calling people black bastards or jewish cunts then its ok cos it doesn't apply to you??

greendonkeyuk
13-07-04, 19:22
i said ignore it because it isnt as poignant to me as one of my relatives. i ignore it because its insulting but if someone wants to stoop that low with me then ill ignore them as they aint worth it. simple. im not tryin to get into a flame war with you, jus givin you a diff perspective on it all.

Ryuben
13-07-04, 19:25
i said ignore it because it isnt as poignant to me as one of my relatives. i ignore it because its insulting but if someone wants to stoop that low with me then ill ignore them as they aint worth it. simple. im not tryin to get into a flame war with you, jus givin you a diff perspective on it all.
i did ignore it but i can where was some one else maybe not be able to so *shrugs* im trying to stop it before some one else takes it and they can't accept the insult

J. Folsom
13-07-04, 19:25
I'd still see it as abuse personally, regardless of his heritage. It's all about being called offensive terms, and the word used in this case is normally in no way positive or friendly.

slaughteruall
13-07-04, 19:27
It does no good reporting anything in this game. You never get a response back form anyone. I've even gotten a certain GM to come to MC5 and watch people exploiting. They were just told to leave. What a crock of shit.

I honestly think the abuse/exploits@neocron.com has auto delete turned on. Either that or no one ever reads the emails. Just like the help system it's a waste of my time to submit anything in there. Does KK even have people that read this shit? or am i wasting my time even bothering to fill this shit out?

Slaughter

greendonkeyuk
13-07-04, 19:28
well it obviously bothered you to make a thread about it, all im saying is sometimes its best to let things roll over your head and not get wound up about it. i agree that someone sayin that in this context, and in this game for certain is bound to cause some people a LOT of grief. therefore its right to report it. personally if it was me being called it i would try not to rise to it thats all. i dont mean any offence so please accept my apologies if thats how it came across.

Shadow Dancer
13-07-04, 19:32
It does no good reporting anything in this game. You never get a response back form anyone. I've even gotten a certain GM to come to MC5 and watch people exploiting. They were just told to leave. What a crock of shit.

I honestly think the abuse/exploits@neocron.com has auto delete turned on. Either that or no one ever reads the emails. Just like the help system it's a waste of my time to submit anything in there. Does KK even have people that read this shit? or am i wasting my time even bothering to fill this shit out?

Slaughter

I have emailed abuse@neocron and exploit@neocron a few times in my NC history, and I have gotten replies.

ichinin
13-07-04, 19:42
I mailed once asked for some action, or i'd quit.
Got a reply; "Dont threaten me"
So i quit.

If it happens again, KK knows what happens. I just wish more people would vote with their feet instead of taking grief.

zii
13-07-04, 19:44
i've got german blood in me as well, and feel free to call me a ************ if you think that I deserve it. Not that I am. As someone pointed out earlier, its just another way of name calling. If its in the context of the game then its fine. I'll call you a fuckhead in game if you act like one inside the game! Role-play away ;-P

This game is about danger and violence. I've been called a lot of things ingame. Thats were I keep it, though.

Out of game harassment, however, is different. Summerise what took place for the runner to call you a ************?

MrChumble
13-07-04, 19:46
I mailed once asked for some action, or i'd quit.
Got a reply; "Dont threaten me"
So i quit.

Me too :(

On one of my accounts anyway. I'm still annoyed over that actually. KK think asking for some service for your cash = threats. Speaks volumes.

..i..DemonX
13-07-04, 20:01
I not think its point of be german or not to be insulted by called ************. There are such ppl all over the world in any places. As well the things all ppl call up ************ from the 3rd German Reich so i think there is all time a reason to do something against those that insult ppl that bad way! Sad realy sad to hear KK does nothing about it!

Mr_Snow
13-07-04, 20:05
If Ryuben wrote his e-mail in german the dude would be perma-banned for doing it 3 times.

In fairness I think KK normally give a warning then a warning and a 7 day ban before a perma ban, but they should atleast let you know that they are doing something about it.

Nidhogg
13-07-04, 20:19
You will rarely get a response from exploits@neocron.com because we don't discuss exploits (as I'm sure you all know :p). abuse@neocron.com may also be handled internally and will frequently just mean a warning for a first offence, a temporary or even permanent ban for further persistent offences. I can assure you that neither email address is redirected to /dev/null

In neither case should you bring the dispute to the forums because you will undoubtedly be breaking one of a number of rules (discussing exploits, harassment, flaming etc. etc.) and it would be unfortunate for you to be punished more than the person who offended you in the first place. ;)

N

Odin
13-07-04, 21:39
Yes abuse is quite active as we have one person who does nothing but handle those tickets. The only time you will receive a reply is if we need more information otherwise it's dealt with internally. Just write as much information as you possibly can because wild goose chases aren't fun :p Only other tip I can give is don't spaz out when you do write and make any demands.

Koshinn
13-07-04, 21:48
Yeah, I've written into abuse (or was it exploits?) and they've mailed me back for clarification... it actually went on for a while because they couldn't get my screenshots for some reason until the 3rd try.

Odin, really quick, what's the difference between exploit and abuse? It seems like a really fine line to me.

Shadow Dancer
13-07-04, 21:49
Yeah, I've written into abuse (or was it exploits?) and they've mailed me back for clarification... it actually went on for a while because they couldn't get my screenshots for some reason until the 3rd try.

Funny, i've been having that same problem recently.

whifix
13-07-04, 21:52
I'm surprised that there isn't a automated response system setup. Last I knew info@designreactor.com, abuse@neocron.com and exploits@neocron.com were handled through OTRS (Open Ticket Request System - otrs.org). OTRS can be setup to respond to mails with a nice little generic response, for example;

Dear Runner,

thanks for your support request.
A ticket has been created to your request and has been put into the
waiting queue.

Your mail will be processed as soon as possible. Please be patient.

If you have additional informations or questions regarding this subject
please reply to this mail or include the ticket number in your mail.

Yours
Neocron Support Team

Has this changed?

amfest
13-07-04, 21:57
Odin, really quick, what's the difference between exploit and abuse? It seems like a really fine line to me.
well I would think exploits are abuse of ingame mechanics and abuse is if someone is harresing you or or something ingame.

tiikeri
13-07-04, 22:05
Omg.. i can see ppl saying the word "************".

I really can't see why that is so big deal?
It is part of German history, which some of them just wont tolerate.

I mean, it is an insult, yes. And ppl reacts to that like its reallyreally bad.
Yes - the thing what ppl under Adolf ******************s command did is horrific, but you shouldn't just try to keep people *shus* about it.

If somebody feels offended because someone calls him ************, then it's him/her problem. Or are ppl just that hippocrate that everything that is even a littlebit offending should get punishment for using that word?
How I see the word ************? : I would translate that: ************-ass-tactics, which would be like "cooperate - or die/be punished etcetc" - thats the way i see it.

Then lets add a FEW words to the list: ******************, gay, moron, impotent ETC..

IMO its not about the word. It's about how ppl tolerates it. Personally I wouldn't feel offended if i were called gay, moron blaablaa.. why? - Cause i can tolerate that and i know that i might be slow sometimes, and i'm straight. NP.. - I know there is a lot of ppl using bad language in-game. And we really can't get rid of it.

Ok.. I know there will be a billion ppl looking at me with red-burning eyes. I don't care. It's all about, you either tolerate it, or then you don't. I don't have anything against German ppl, or African-American ppl (see no ****************** here [oops :) ])

If anyone can think some nice insult words for Finnish ppl, please shoot me with them :) Cause i dont really know that many of em, and i could use some to insult myself on vent :)

What was my point again? : Learn to tolerate.
Edit: or then " mommymommy.. that 3v1L boy just called me with names :'("

- Wannabe

..i..DemonX
14-07-04, 01:39
Omg.. i can see ppl saying the word "************".

I really can't see why that is so big deal?
It is part of German history, which some of them just wont tolerate.

I mean, it is an insult, yes. And ppl reacts to that like its reallyreally bad.
Yes - the thing what ppl under Adolf ******************s command did is horrific, but you shouldn't just try to keep people *shus* about it.

If somebody feels offended because someone calls him ************, then it's him/her problem. Or are ppl just that hippocrate that everything that is even a littlebit offending should get punishment for using that word?
How I see the word ************? : I would translate that: ************-ass-tactics, which would be like "cooperate - or die/be punished etcetc" - thats the way i see it.

Then lets add a FEW words to the list: ******************, gay, moron, impotent ETC..

IMO its not about the word. It's about how ppl tolerates it. Personally I wouldn't feel offended if i were called gay, moron blaablaa.. why? - Cause i can tolerate that and i know that i might be slow sometimes, and i'm straight. NP.. - I know there is a lot of ppl using bad language in-game. And we really can't get rid of it.

Ok.. I know there will be a billion ppl looking at me with red-burning eyes. I don't care. It's all about, you either tolerate it, or then you don't. I don't have anything against German ppl, or African-American ppl (see no ****************** here [oops :) ])

If anyone can think some nice insult words for Finnish ppl, please shoot me with them :) Cause i dont really know that many of em, and i could use some to insult myself on vent :)

What was my point again? : Learn to tolerate.
Edit: or then " mommymommy.. that 3v1L boy just called me with names :'("

- Wannabe

? Call someone "************" has no point, its a part of German history true but that makes it not a better word! Call someone a "************" insult them very bad in any way! So it is needed to react on it and best way is to send the mail to Abuse.
There is absolutly nothing that makes a reason to call someone a "************" in our times beside he show off himself to be one like by insulting others with Propaganda or other stuff. Still wont this make a reason to call them in game a "************" cuz we are not here to rule about the players! So at the end nobody ever would have any right to call someone a "************" in this game!

tiikeri
14-07-04, 01:58
Tell me one thing...

How does "************" different from gay, ******************, idiot, asshole, or ANY offensive word?

If the word "************" insults someone real bad, then ban him..

++++++ If ppl gets banned for using the particular word, then also ppl using any other racistic, offensive or any other unappropriate language should be banned.

J J
14-07-04, 02:03
I don't think any of these insults differ. You call anyone any of them, you should be heavily reprimanded. you do it again you should get a permanant ban. No questions. people shouldn't have to put up with this abuse, period.

tiikeri
14-07-04, 02:05
exactly :)

Thats the reason i dont understand why ppl are so intolerant with the particular word from german history.

Richard Angelus
14-07-04, 02:20
************ is more a word for a group of ppl with specific characteristic (like racistic) and is connected with history with some realy bad actions they did.

gay, ******************, idiot, asshole have not a connection like that to bad actions, they are condescending words for a group of ppl

/Edit: and I think it's a big difference between call a head of a nation "Adolf" or 'just' idiot/asshole/gay

/Edit2: back to Topic...
I got a reply from abuse after 2 or 4 weeks

tiikeri
14-07-04, 02:31
But the usage of it is meant to insult the target of the insult.

Just as the other words. I think its racist or immature to use any these words. And any offensive language should be considered as the "3v1L" word.

..i..DemonX
14-07-04, 04:16
************ is more a word for a group of ppl with specific characteristic (like racistic) and is connected with history with some realy bad actions they did.

gay, ******************, idiot, asshole have not a connection like that to bad actions, they are condescending words for a group of ppl

/Edit: and I think it's a big difference between call a head of a nation "Adolf" or 'just' idiot/asshole/gay

/Edit2: back to Topic...
I got a reply from abuse after 2 or 4 weeks

Like he said as well i think "************" is far more insulting then the others, well ****************** comes close as well.
Gay well is realy something bad on it? I am tolerant so i not have any problems with Gay's and i not think its realy a bad word, ppl use it far to often on bad things anyway!
Idiot and Asshole well those are kinda quick said and tbh who of us will feel realy insulted by them? I think nobody does realy, or?
So i think there are a few words nobody should use in any game and there are as well some nobody realy would care if u use or not!

Lev
14-07-04, 04:18
I may be totally off base but as I understand the Germans really dont like that part of their history (like anyone would) and as such have passed laws to prevent ************sm, which might be why KK is so on it, becuase it turns into a legal issue for them.

trigger hurt
14-07-04, 04:30
they dont usually reply. and ull never know if action is taken against them.
They reply when you file complaints against moderators :p

Richard Blade
14-07-04, 05:25
Other than possible legal issues with KK and the German government, the main reason those terms are extremely disliked is because of their usually use / intended context. More about this at the end of the post.

Calling someone an idiot, moron, or dork is just a name calling. Usually, if someone gets called an idiot, it's because they did something stupid. If you didn't do anything stupid and the "insulter" just calls you names to offend you they will likely be worse than those.

An idiot, moron, dork, etc really isn't that much of an insult anyway. At least not where I'm from. And besides, don't other countries have some really juicy insults that don't sound like insults? Like "pants". :lol:

OK. Back to the first paragraph.
The reason things like <I don't even like typing them but> ******************, ************, gay, and even some descriptive "race / religion" comments such as calling someone a Jew, are really so totally reprehensible? Because they mean nothing more than hatred. Someone calling another names like this is probably someone closely inclined to perform "hate crimes".

Hatred = ingnorance kthxbye

trigger hurt
14-07-04, 05:53
with all of the racist terms being used on this thread...even in a discussion...how is this thing still open.

Mr_Snow
14-07-04, 06:07
The reason some people hate being called ************ is because the ************ party stalwarts basically embodied just about everything that is wrong in mankind and its understandable that some people get upset at being compared to them.

Personally I dont care what people call me online but some people do and they have the right to play a game without being insulted by a moron who thinks shouting ************ at people is okay.

There was a dude that was perma banned for continually calling people ******************s among other things so KK dont only crack down on people calling others ************s.

Carbonite
14-07-04, 09:36
Mail the screenshots you send to Abuse@ in .JPG format and make sure they are not over 1Mb in size in total, then im sure they will arrive safely.

garyu69
14-07-04, 09:44
I've never had any trouble with the abuse@ e-mail. I've only used it the once and i got a reply :p

SynC_187
14-07-04, 09:44
Mail the screenshots you send to Abuse@ in .JPG format and make sure they are not over 1Mb in size in total, then im sure they will arrive safely.

I've done that before. I got a delivery reciept, so it arrived ok. Never got a reply though.

Carbonite
14-07-04, 09:59
well just cause they arrive dosnt mean you get a answer.. Read Odin's comment i think it says all...

Every mail is taken care off and dealt with.