PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Lag issues

Promethius
13-07-04, 17:08
Now usually the lag of NC is playable. Get a big spike now and then but it generally bottoms out. Now lately for the past week its been a big lag spike almost every minute. Either the servers need to be rebooted or something needs to be fixed.

-Prom

ezza
13-07-04, 17:09
yar i logged off because of it

Logan_storm_03
13-07-04, 17:10
yes it happing all the time, but we know it happens, they know it happens, there not much we can do at the mo ;)

Promethius
13-07-04, 17:12
well generally when its this bad i see a 'admin: plz log of the servers will be rebooted.'

And well I ahven't seen that or even heard a word that they are working on anything. Just trying to bring some light on the situation to KK just incase they haven't noticed.

-Prom

enigma_b17
13-07-04, 17:17
bad is an understatement, im not usually one to complain about lag on forums but
o
my
god

and whats with this bug, driving along, suddenly car disappears and i zoom back half way across the zone, not to mention buffs not sticking etc :P

Seriously though syncd out 6 times now its gettin a bit silly

Promethius
13-07-04, 17:18
Well heres another thing that jsut happened. Logged back in after i made the thread. FIghting some TG at cycrow. Pull out holy heal....or did i? It refuses to come out, I hear people screaming they are sychronizing, then it settles for a sec. I try and cast S/D on myself but wait the buffs dont stick...makes me wonder why I've played this game so long :rolleyes:

-Prom

Edit: rate 5 stars maybe KK will glance at this thread then.

retr0n
13-07-04, 17:20
bad is an understatement, im not usually one to complain about lag on forums but
o
my
god

and whats with this bug, driving along, suddenly car disappears and i zoom back half way across the zone, not to mention buffs not sticking etc :P

Seriously though syncd out 6 times now its gettin a bit silly

Oh gotta love that bug with the vehicle. I remember a few months back being
bored and didnt feel like leveling so I thought i'd tag all grs (or as many as i could)

So i juped on to my hover and went nc -> th -> mb... Then i wanted to tag
all the top gr's. So i drove East from MB taggnig everything I could. On three
seperate (sp?) occasions the vehicle dissapered and I got warped back half
way across the map only to be greeted by a group of friendly warbots.

Gotta love saturn :p

enigma_b17
13-07-04, 17:22
its funny to the point of being annoying as hell as its happenin about 3 or 4 times in a zone, as if a rhino aint slow enuf already i ave to drive it across the zone and walk across the zone cause the damn thing disappears, bleh.

Ive given up doin anything on saturn for the time being, cause I gettin the feeling theres going to be another rollback so ill loose a crap load more of exp and stuff, so im just going to go grow old while kk fixes saturn :P

tiikeri
13-07-04, 17:26
KK should consider moving the testserver on the same comp as pluto is..
saturn is way too active for having another active server on same cluster..

[TgR]KILLER
13-07-04, 17:28

so dit i.. but watch the announcement :p its down.. maybe the same hardware that brought pluto down 2 days ago with con probs..

was lomming my nib apu to sorta hyrbid ( so i could use heal def basic resist ) but i got stuck in p4 couldn't open doors nobody seemed to hear me and my si wouldn't even drop. when i tried to relog i couldn't get on no more kept syncing.. so went back to pluto and played there till dinner :p

slaughteruall
13-07-04, 17:29
KK should consider moving the testserver on the same comp as pluto is..
saturn is way too active for having another active server on same cluster..

Read the TS forums. The test server is no longer online to help out with saturn issues. I'm glad i'm at work otherwise i would be pissed about now.

Slaughter

SjanTeN^
13-07-04, 17:31

mmm just managed to check you out killing a TG PE in PP, grab a beer and lame for a few mins in PP before the server admin asked us to leave the server. o_O

n3m
13-07-04, 17:43
I thought it was pretty fun to get stuck in perma sync every 45 secs.

oh I was being sarcastic for the ones who didn't get it.

SjanTeN^
13-07-04, 17:44
I thought it was pretty fun to get stuck in perma sync every 45 secs.

oh I was being sarcastic for the ones who didn't get it.

I diddent get stuck in sync, i just began to get worried when a aggie could take 7 clips from my CS. O_o

Glok
13-07-04, 17:46
I diddent get stuck in sync, i just began to get worried when a aggie could take 7 clips from my CS. O_oSame here. Clip after clip from my laser pistol and the aggie just stands there.

n3m
13-07-04, 17:48
it was like last night all over again :|

there I am running, still running.. still running..
...Synchronising... O_o
seeing other people run around me.
Relog,
get black perma sync.
restart..
I can run again, zone(takes 25 ish seconds just to zone)

yay finally made it to pepperpark. people dissapear, 2789 ping :|

please get saturn off the Test server cluster =/

what a weird looking sig I have O_o

SjanTeN^
13-07-04, 17:49
Same here. Clip after clip from my laser pistol and the aggie just stands there.

Couldent se the name \ rank either. So i might have been a new 120\120 Agressor King...

Rellix
13-07-04, 18:05
Maby they should do it like EVE, bundle all the servers together to make a huge server, with a massive population.

Downside, its gonna be busy in plaza....

Original monk
13-07-04, 18:12
Maby they should do it like EVE, bundle all the servers together to make a huge server, with a massive population.

Downside, its gonna be busy in plaza....

downside: lag gonna be IMMENSE :) if it cant handle saturn by itself i doubt it can handle all the rest with it

im a newbie at these serverthings etc ... but this is yust logical thinking :)

Selendor
13-07-04, 18:27
How come back at the start of retail the servers could handle 4 times the populations? Have they reduced capacity in some way? Or is it just the databases have become bloated with items and information?

Not that is was perfect back then either of course, lag was bad very often.

We're just pissing in the wind to be honest, as long as we aren't given concrete information about the situation we must just hope for the best. I'm suspicious though that if DoY is on a new server cluster, they are just trying to get Saturn and co to limp along for a month or two more. o_O

Original monk
13-07-04, 18:36
How come back at the start of retail the servers could handle 4 times the populations? Have they reduced capacity in some way? Or is it just the databases have become bloated with items and information?

i asked myself that same question many times, ok the bugs where much much worse back then ... the synching also (probably my computer back then tough)

but why was there less lag with 700 people then compared to about half now but with more lag :/

i dont get it actually

n3m
13-07-04, 18:53
there's just a little bug, that's spreading thoughout the server. fucking the server up even more every week

ezza
14-07-04, 00:34
but why was there less lag with 700 people then compared to about half now but with more lag :/ proberbly about 600 of them were syncing