PDA

View Full Version : QUestion about hybrid monkehs for KK (nidhogg)

Clothing_Option
13-07-04, 16:40
Dude i remember about 8 months ago the hybrids were seriously gimmped and so they went out of this world. The reason being is they were overpowered and a serious bitch to kill.
Now here we are again
now they dont have access to the best offensive wps but i have seen them use energy beams with buff&drugs combo with PA aswell. Most arent that well equiped but still the problem remains their difficulty to kill.
Now for the question; was this done because of the declining population problem and PPU issue or just to annoy those of us still left???

n3m
13-07-04, 16:43
theres nothing wrong with hybrids, they take a little longer to take down , but their offense isn't as great as a pure
if theyre using HL's they might be dangerous if they can pvp. if theyre using Energy beams you can take a smoke before you attack :p

oh crap I ain't nidhogg nor am I KK :o

Menolak
13-07-04, 16:49
Dude i remember about 8 months ago the hybrids were seriously gimmped and so they went out of this world. The reason being is they were overpowered and a serious bitch to kill.
Now here we are again
now they dont have access to the best offensive wps but i have seen them use energy beams with buff&drugs combo with PA aswell. Most arent that well equiped but still the problem remains their difficulty to kill.
Now for the question; was this done because of the declining population problem and PPU issue or just to annoy those of us still left???

*smirks*
Actually, hybrids can use some good stuff...I got Tomalak up to 82/51 before I lommed him to Pure ApU, I was using fire apoc/hl with damage boosts..lol
I think todays hybrids are a good compromise, as compared to the uber monks of yesteryear. I love playing Psi, and Ive pretty much always played Hybrid, not being able to heal myself is just silly. Most of the annoying new hybrids will LOM, you gotta have a lot of love and dedication, not easy building a good hybrid without a DS...That's why I LOM'd, got sick of ripping my hair out by the roots everytime I wanted to switch imps, etc..

ezza
13-07-04, 16:51
they dont cap HL and only have PE defences if they go that route

or they go the blessed buffs, holy halo route which means they dont take much damage but dont give it either.

personally thus far i have not had a problem with hybrids

they were never ment to be annihalated nor are they doing this to get more people back

they are simply unfucking a class.

leave the hybrids alone, and i dont say this as a hybrid(though i do have one) i say this as a tank who has fought them

and although niddy is a GM he aint KK

Nidhogg
13-07-04, 17:19
Not entirely sure why my name is in the title of this thread...

N

ezza
13-07-04, 17:20
your a popular guy

Benjie
13-07-04, 17:20

N

*Hugs Nidhogg*

Omnituens
13-07-04, 17:22
your a popular guy
strange because he 'will be famous soon enough' :p

slaughteruall
13-07-04, 17:22

N

Bcause your the man.

Clothing_Option
13-07-04, 17:39
Bcause your the man.
Because u are the Uber mod in this forum and others and rep KK's policies etc

StryfeX
13-07-04, 17:51
The only thing I see wrong with hybrids still is that they can still some fairly good offence while having blessed-level defence. Or more specifically, the blessed heal. I was duelling a hybrid last night, and while he was doing less damage, every time I got him to about 25% health, he popped a blessed heal and it was all better. Now, obviously I could have attempted to get my newbie heal off on him, but this was a duel and I didn't feel like using a semi-underhanded tactic like that. (It had been a real battle, you know I would have... :p)

I think a good way to possibly solve this last issue with hybrids is to reinstate the hybrid penalty, BUT ONLY FOR HEALS, nothing else. Just my 2 cents. Flame away.

--Stryfe

Birkoff
13-07-04, 17:58
OMG we are back the NERF the hybrid thread are we? Heh..

We are perfectly fine, can't do much damage Very nie defence.
A PE with a nice setup can out heal my damage.... OMG I'm overpowered.

Delete para, fix bugs/FREs/release DOY/more content then come back to hybrids :)

/EDIT sorry i didn't see it was comming from exo.... Good PE setup..Exo... i take back everythingi just said :)

slaughteruall
13-07-04, 17:59
If they even think about nerfing hybrids they need to nerf PE's. A drugged PE with a slasher is more powerfull then a hybrid in it's current state.

Slaughter

Ozambabbaz
13-07-04, 18:03
NERF SOMETHING!

i'm getting ticks, been too long since i've had an OD of whine threads

Original monk
13-07-04, 18:21
hello clothing option, i think the previous posts explained that hybrids arent that hard of a problem, not even slightly what they used to be :)

so ya dont have to be feared, as ezza said the ones weilding a holy lightning dont cap it and dont have ppubuffs ya see, a bit closer into that direction are the 50/50 blessed hybrids but ya have time enough to run away from em :) they do lousy damage you see :)

so instead about talking hybridnerf, they better adyust the hybrids that liiitlebit more (like making the regular firehalo 120 apureq and the holy poisonhalo 122 :) )

the apubased hybrids are ok imo, they gotta switch PA's etc wich isnt that extemely easy midcombat + there not immortal, but do decent damage still

if ya doubt me, yust make a hybrid yourself clothing option and you'lle see there not the same anymore they used to be :)

MrChumble
13-07-04, 18:49

N

Because you're foolish enough to respond when people ask you to :p

plague
13-07-04, 18:59
do my eyes desive me, is this hybrid NERF thread......lol we just got them unnerfed previous patch now u want them nerfed it's a bit quick isn't it ?? lol imo hybrids r fine if its fully caped DS skilled hybrid then u might have trouble killing him but still it other then that nothing to worry about...there is alot of tactics: good apu will oalway untybuff hybrid after that its few shots of hl or appoc, u can use nib heals DB all kindsa sht too kill them...there r not everpowered far from it so LEAVe them be..... :D

-FN-
13-07-04, 19:20
You could always remove Damage Boost (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=103521) ;)

plague
13-07-04, 19:22
You could always remove Damage Boost (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=103521) ;)
DB's fn and hl spam him for that coment, no no way leave us alone....

slaughteruall
13-07-04, 19:23

Removing DB from a hybrid is to extreme of a nerf. It's a stupid idea. Very few PE's even use it because it takes for ever for them to cast it. Try again.

Slaughter

Original monk
13-07-04, 19:25

:angel: :lol: :D :confused: :wtf: 8| :eek: :( :mad:

no thanx :P

LTA
13-07-04, 19:30
I don't think there's anything really atm that needs nerfinf on a hyb.

They are strong 1v1 but then i always assumed a monk should be ppu/apu combined for a good fighter unit but when it comes to a few more than 1v hyb then he's a diff story...

Although a multi energy bolt one did do some heavy dmg to a few of us over time :(