PDA

View Full Version : Stealth on PE's has been killed, how about this new toy for PE's

WebShock
13-07-04, 16:09
A private eye by trade is someone with very good attention to detail. Someone who sniffs out that one clue that your ordinary copbot missed.

Someone who is hired to find out clues and whereabouts on things that your average beat cop or detective is stumped on.

That being said, how about giving PE's something that breaks stealth, the opposite of the spy.

PE's will become viable in OP fights because they can hunt that constructor who is in stealth positioning himself to drop that turret in the middle of your op team

This will give PE's a better RP sense since they will be able to detect that one guy sneaking around that the ordinary runner cant see.

Instead of having a truesight sanctum type effect, perhaps for targeting purposes, the PE is the only person that can see the stealther in a sense that the PE can target the spy and is able to engage him, while others cant.
Make this tool or helmet have a drug haze after prolonged use. Same effect you would get from using a stealth tool.

The way a PE would see a stealther would be no diffrent than what the average runner see's when he detects the stealth haze. Instead of having that white, smokey effect, let it be a targetable light reddish (not pink, but more like a light maroon) dust cloud. That way you still dont see a runner name of faction, but you are very well aware that there is a stealther in the area. If you choose to engage the said stealther, you still dont know an identification, you just are able to target the haze as you see it in a diffrent color.
To be more specific, The PE alone would see the same haze everyone else see's up close, except at a further distance and at a diffrent color.

Your comments/thoughts/flames/feelings for pie?

Clive tombstone
13-07-04, 16:12
THere are some Definate feelings for pie right now^^(damn Im hungry)

but sounds good, personally, i was up for a personal radar system, but this is a good alternative. I cant personally think of an improvement to it.

5stars :D

Dribble Joy
13-07-04, 16:34
As with clive, I would like some form of radar.
When it is active it overlays info on the small and medium maps, the location of people, mobs and things like grs, gogus etc.

A pulse could be released that doesn't break stealth, but renders all stealthed objects within the tools range (higher range for the tool lvl) for 2 seconds (4,6 and 8 seconds with each tool lvl) and marks them on the radar for double that. The pulse takes about a minute to charge up.
Figures are rough.

SorkZmok
13-07-04, 16:38
PE's will become viable in OP fights because they can hunt that constructor who is in stealth positioning himself to drop that turret in the middle of your op team.Actually, 90% of the turret whores these days are PPUs.
Spies only are a problem as they are stealthing around killing ppl at leveling spots.

But still, i don't agree with your idea. 1 Pe could take out all spies in a zone. Easily. That cant be it.

WebShock
13-07-04, 16:39
damn that radar idea rocks too....

what do you think kk

DonnyJepp
13-07-04, 16:41
sounds like a fair idea, an eye that let you see stealthers would be cool, but you should be able to identify them too.

The other "toy" I want is a tool that locates any belts in the zone you're in. Make it PE/spy only.