PDA

View Full Version : Just a friendly reminder to people calling others noobs.

ichinin
13-07-04, 14:51
If you think you are 'l33t ub4r PK3r'

well.. then why the hell are you still in the aggies calling others Noobs? Go hunt for some real XP.. Untill you do that - enjoy your aggie cellars.

formori
13-07-04, 14:53
sooo it was you who stole my warbot!!!!!

ichinin
13-07-04, 14:55
sooo it was you who stole my warbot!!!!!

Yeah :D My 5/10 Spy rocks.. not really, i was alone in the sector.

Glok
Nice one. :)

greendonkeyuk
lol dude, thats a nice screeny, were you alone or ppu buffed for that?

edited: you posted as i replied.

SjanTeN^
13-07-04, 14:58
not that tough with a sniper rifle. :rolleyes:

Benjie
13-07-04, 14:59
You can tell he killed it alone by looking in the chat log.

(I love the way all your skills raised at once though :p)

not that tough with a sniper rifle. :rolleyes:
B-Line rifle actually. Damned impressive I think, must have taken forever with that kind of damage.

greendonkeyuk
13-07-04, 15:04
i can see he was the only damage dealer, i jus noticed that the f5 window was over where the ppu buffs wouldve been...... O_o

ichinin
13-07-04, 15:08
B-Line rifle actually. Damned impressive I think, must have taken forever with that kind of damage.

Actually the B-1 (Explosive modded + Barrel + lasersight) rifle did 43 damage per hit, it took like 8 minutes to drop it.

No implants, no PPU..but i had protection. People who know what i talk about should know. (Hint, warbots have limited range, sniperrifles reach further, BUT you have to run alot)

athon
13-07-04, 15:17
Spies are uber for wabbit hunting. All you'll ver need to cap a spy is a field full of wabbits =D

Athon Solo

seraphian
13-07-04, 17:32
spies rock for hunting warbies, as soon as I can use a B-1 and a light energybelt I hunt as many as I can, takes you from 10/15 to like 35/40 overnight practically, not to mention that as a newb, rares are serious cash cows.

greendonkeyuk
13-07-04, 17:37
cap a spy hunting warbots...... id rather pull my own teeth mate. Yes i do know what ichinin meant about the sniper rifle. Tbh though i prefer laser rifles to sniper rifles.

SjanTeN^
13-07-04, 17:39
You can tell he killed it alone by looking in the chat log.

(I love the way all your skills raised at once though :p)

No doubt about how impressive it is, even tho its not that tough again, nah if you do it as a 5\10 melee tank ill be very impressed. :lol:

StryfeX
13-07-04, 17:39
cap a spy hunting warbots...... id rather pull my own teeth mate. Yes i do know what ichinin meant about the sniper rifle. Tbh though i prefer laser rifles to sniper rifles.Agreed on all counts.

--Stryfe

Birkoff
13-07-04, 17:47
Wow.... you snipped a WB from further than it can see with the first snipper rifle...

Sorry i see fail to see the point in this post?

People should stop getting there capped XP in the aggy cellars at rank 5 and should go kill something the other side of the map that has a 75% chance of killing them if they can't out range it..

*sigh* go back to the aggies

StryfeX
13-07-04, 17:55
Wow.... you snipped a WB from further than it can see with the first snipper rifle...

Sorry i see fail to see the point in this post?

People should stop getting there capped XP in the aggy cellars at rank 5 and should go kill something the other side of the map that has a 75% chance of killing them if they can't out range it..

*sigh* go back to the aggiesHe's simply saying that you don't need to camp the aggie cellars 24/7 to cap a character like some people seem to do. And I agree, there are plenty of better levelling spots.

--Stryfe

Birkoff
13-07-04, 18:15
He's simply saying that you don't need to camp the aggie cellars 24/7 to cap a character like some people seem to do. And I agree, there are plenty of better levelling spots.

--Stryfe

MB bunker..
Io6 pit..
North of chester..
Regant...
Jeriko spawn..
Lots of OZ and the OZ (cellars?)

There are loads of places u can get constant capped XP with out lvling on a WB at rank 5 :) We have all killed high lvl mobs and very low lvl

I'll shut up and go to work :)

Lexxuk
13-07-04, 18:19
I remember as a newb taking down a warbot with a TL 13 assault rifle, now thats uber, but i got like 4k xp out of it so it wasnt really worth it in the end :(

whifix
13-07-04, 18:22
cap a spy hunting warbots...... id rather pull my own teeth mate. Yes i do know what ichinin meant about the sniper rifle. Tbh though i prefer laser rifles to sniper rifles.

I agree. Recently I started my first rifle spy and the laser rifles are really nice warbot hunting werapons. Especially when you make it to the tangent epic one.

Birkoff
13-07-04, 18:24
Hes a spy he will get used to the

while (Dex isn't capped) {
Find a warbot
Aim at the warbot
Rest large object on MB1
Go make coffee
Hack warbot
}

-REMUS-
13-07-04, 18:44

I agree, but tbh I think half these people are talking bullshit, i've never seen or heard of a 5/10 spy hunting warbots untill now.

Biznatchy
13-07-04, 19:38
I agree, but tbh I think half these people are talking bullshit, i've never seen or heard of a 5/10 spy hunting warbots untill now.

some time ago aobut a year ago they adjusted the range of the warbots main wep. The AI of the warbot wasnt adjusted so the warbot thinks it is hitting you when you are really outside the warbot range. So it just stands there shooting and not hitting. As long as you dont pull back out of sight it will stay at that range. So that is why noob spies or pe's can take down warbots with low level rifles that have range greater then warbots.

Nothing new just another exploit of KK being piss poor game ai designers. APU's can also pull off the same thing using the 3rd person exploit.

ichinin
13-07-04, 19:54
He's simply saying that you don't need to camp the aggie cellars 24/7 to cap a character like some people seem to do.

Correctamundo... And the attitude of some of those down there, thinking they are l33t standing still shooting 27/27 mobs.. pathetic. You are wasting your time. Exit the city and go somewhere else like .. punch Swamp warriors to death with knuckes :D (And why the hell are TG leveling at aggies?)

Nothing new just another exploit of KK being piss poor game ai designers. APU's can also pull off the same thing using the 3rd person exploit.

Why do you think i have medkits? "Oh no, it's something i cannot understand how to do, therefore it's an exploit"

Birkoff
13-07-04, 23:25
Correctamundo... And the attitude of some of those down there, thinking they are l33t standing still shooting 27/27 mobs.. pathetic. You are wasting your time. Exit the city and go somewhere else like .. punch Swamp warriors to death with knuckes :D (And why the hell are TG leveling at aggies?)

Why do you think i have medkits? "Oh no, it's something i cannot understand how to do, therefore it's an exploit"

no... your the one wasting ur time....

YOu get about as much xp off 2 aggies as a WB at that lvl and 2 aggies take about 30th the time to kill and have little chance of dying... plus u can get teamed...

I don't wh y I'm even replyign to this.. *sigh*

Mumblyfish
13-07-04, 23:36

YOu get about as much xp off 2 aggies as a WB at that lvl and 2 aggies take about 30th the time to kill and have little chance of dying... plus u can get teamed...

http://members.cox.net/redstormpopcorn/img/shotgun.jpg

Don't camp Aggies, it's as fun as bricking your own face. Go somewhere interesting and level there.

I'M BETTER THAN EVERYONE ANYWAY AND I'M RIGHT SO WHY AM I REPLYING TO THIS *wtfsheesh*

Birkoff
13-07-04, 23:39
What the fuck is with the dodgy picture?

Personally I'd liek to get out of the "i have 4 dex and can't solo anything worth the xp for shit" stage and get onto a TAR or TPR or somethingf where u can kill worth while things in a half decent speed.

Gohei
13-07-04, 23:43
lvling in the aggy pit at that rank is far more easy and fast then running around in a zone sniping WBs from a distance.

ezza
13-07-04, 23:47

well.. then why the hell are you still in the aggies calling others Noobs? Go hunt for some real XP.. Untill you do that - enjoy your aggie cellars.
whats that pic got anything to do with l33y pk3rs O_o

Mumblyfish
13-07-04, 23:51
What the fuck is with the dodgy picture?
Battle Rangers. Whoosh.

amfest
13-07-04, 23:53
I would start killing warbots with an archer companion rifle the DEX 13 assult rifle. Mostly for money. Also I'd hit the launcher cyclops at a distance and butchee that are at MB bunker. There are people to team with there also though sometimes their ranks get a bit too high but from time to time there are people who are low enough level so you can get xp and such. If not head out and get more money off warbots.

ezza
14-07-04, 00:09
I would start killing warbots with an archer companion rifle the DEX 13 assult rifle. Mostly for money why, if its for money, in the time you kill the warby i can kill a load of aggys.

what 320nc for a aggy.

2800whatever for warbot.

ican easily mow down more aggys quicker and get the missions so imo, aggy>warbys until higher level

Doc Holliday
14-07-04, 00:45
threads like this need e-penis enlargement warnings.

ichinin
14-07-04, 02:00
whats that pic got anything to do with l33y pk3rs O_o

Hmm..now when u say it.. 'l33t NC player' is a better choise of words..

why, if its for money, in the time you kill the warby i can kill a load of aggys.

Warbots drop rares. Aggies do not. Ever hear anyone shouting "WTB: Tufts of hair, paying well" ?

*EEEEE* - Wrong:

1. You loose time gaining XP when the aggies aren't there. (awaiting respawn)
2. Do i need to say "First access privileges" ? (delaying respawn)
3. there are 58 people down there all killing them, over a team of 3-4 ppl that's not much XP gained. (*blamblamblam* thanks for 1,5K xp..)
4. Aggies dont drop rares.
5. PKers hang out at aggies quite often. Hardly ever see anyone "out there".
6. People love that "how to level up" guide and are afraid to go out on their own without a rhino for protection, therefore they go to the "safe" aggies.

Sorry.

I don't wh y I'm even replyign to this.. *sigh*

Because you like to post stuff like that to make people think you are an expert?

amfest
14-07-04, 02:06
why, if its for money, in the time you kill the warby i can kill a load of aggys.

what 320nc for a aggy.

2800whatever for warbot.

ican easily mow down more aggys quicker and get the missions so imo, aggy>warbys until higher level
Well this was before the junk nerf. 2nd you get imps and tech parts that will make more money for me than 320nc for a aggy. I don't have a bunch of other people stealing access rights away from me. I always have enough money for my next weapon and enough money to get myself a vehicle built as I'll be getting vehicle parts off warbots.

Heh I wonder how long it'd take to down a warbot with a mendicant rifle :)

SjanTeN^
14-07-04, 02:09
Well this was before the junk nerf. 2nd you get imps and tech parts that will make more money for me than 320nc for a aggy. I don't have a bunch of other people stealing access rights away from me. I always have enough money for my next weapon and enough money to get myself a vehicle built as I'll be getting vehicle parts off warbots.

Heh I wonder how long it'd take to down a warbot with a mendicant rifle :)

22 min and 32 seconds. :rolleyes:

ichinin
14-07-04, 02:10
22 min and 32 seconds. :rolleyes:

Geez... :D

SjanTeN^
14-07-04, 02:15
Geez... :D

mm, just had to try it on my rifle spy(look belove).
I also tried with the tl 17 laser rifle. ;)

Gohei
14-07-04, 02:17
How is the aggys "safe" ? As you said, its full of PKers. And 8min/WB ? Cīmon, with some luck you get what, one techie in each WB ? So thats 3 techies for a little less then half an hours work, tops. GG on that one.

58 ppl in a aggy ? That doesnīt happend on saturn so i doubt very much that it does on Pluto. Who stands around in the same room when killing aggys ? No one who wants to make some neat XP, thats who. Nor do they actually open the god damn things, cus as you said, they dont drop anything. Canīt see a reason to wait around and open them up.

Anyway, iīm not tellin anyone how they should XP their characters, but it is general NC knowledge to know that beating high lvl mobs, does not mean more XP at low combat ranks.

SjanTeN^
14-07-04, 02:20
How is the aggys "safe" ? As you said, its full of PKers. And 8min/WB ? Cīmon, with some luck you get what, one techie in each WB ? So thats 3 techies for a little less then half an hours work, tops. GG on that one.

58 ppl in a aggy ? That doesnīt happend on saturn so i doubt very much that it does on Pluto. Who stands around in the same room when killing aggys ? No one who wants to make some neat XP, thats who. Nor do they actually open the god damn things, cus as you said, they dont drop anything. Canīt see a reason to wait around and open them up.

Anyway, iīm not tellin anyone how they should XP their characters, but it is general NC knowledge to know that beating high lvl mobs, does not mean more XP at low combat ranks.

If you clean em out then they respawn a hell lot quicker, and for newbies it is something special to find a plasma pistol in the mob you just killed. :rolleyes:

Gohei
14-07-04, 02:22
If you clean em out then they respawn a hell lot quicker, and for newbies it is something special to find a plasma pistol in the mob you just killed. :rolleyes:

If you keep opening em you get a higher chance of fataling.

J J
14-07-04, 02:50
omfg you mean there's more than 1 way to play this game?? :eek: So one person likes to kill aggies and one person likes to snipe WB's. Well bugger me someone call ITN, surely worthy of the 10 o'clock bulletin.

JackScratch
14-07-04, 09:22
Behold the power of snipertank, the ultimate WB hunting machine. Wouldnt it be nice to be able to outrange those WBs, and take more than 1 hit from them? I can. I can go toe to toe with a WB and only heal once, and I can hit anything inside the sight limiter thing, whos name I can not remember.

StryfeX
14-07-04, 09:24
Behold the power of snipertank, the ultimate WB hunting machine. Wouldnt it be nice to be able to outrange those WBs, and take more than 1 hit from them? I can. I can go toe to toe with a WB and only heal once, and I can hit anything inside the sight limiter thing, whos name I can not remember.Clipping pane, Mr. Nib. :p

And it's great to see someone doing something not normal for a change. Keep sniping those WBs. :D

--Stryfe

JackScratch
14-07-04, 09:27
Its sweet, I can hit them right up to the clipping plane and I do real nice damage, I have it made. Lots of times Ill find one of those towers and snipe from it, drop em almost to dead, then leave em alone. Eventualy they will stroll right up to the tower, I jump out, speed gat the last 10 hp and hack em, all from the comfort of my little keep.

Oh, did I mention this is all done with HC only?

StryfeX
14-07-04, 09:30
Its sweet, I can hit them right up to the clipping plane and I do real nice damage, I have it made. Lots of times Ill find one of those towers and snipe from it, drop em almost to dead, then leave em alone. Eventualy they will stroll right up to the tower, I jump out, speed gat the last 10 hp and hack em, all from the comfort of my little keep.

Oh, did I mention this is all done with HC only?No you did not... Let me guess... some sort of laser-ish weapon (laser cannon or plasma wave) with a scope on it?

--Stryfe

JackScratch
15-07-04, 07:36
I dont care if its been done before, Im still crasy about it. I love drilling them down to 0 health, but still alive then letting them wander in. You see, Im real real lasy.

Cubico
15-07-04, 08:26
Hello,

A leet uber check0r player doesnt go into the aggie cellar, he found other ways to easily get 30 DEX and INT within short time.

Mobius
06-08-04, 21:56
well i think it's pretty sweet.. would be cool to see which zone u were in and such.. i meen if it were an open landcape i'm kinda impressed but if u had like the house in f08 it's not too uber...

ichinin
06-08-04, 23:51
well i think it's pretty sweet.. would be cool to see which zone u were in and such.. i meen if it were an open landcape i'm kinda impressed but if u had like the house in f08 it's not too uber...

Just get a hovertec and a sniperrifle and remember to adjust the distance now and then between you and the warbie, if you get too close - you'll notice :D.

Mobius
06-08-04, 23:54
true true

Wank3r
06-08-04, 23:55
edited screen, gg, the end...

P.S even if it isn't edited who gives a shit, I used to hunt DoY bots on my 15/10 apu solo...

Jest
06-08-04, 23:58
edited screen, gg, the end...

P.S even if it isn't edited who gives a shit, I used to hunt DoY bots on my 15/10 apu solo...Oh yah well I farmed the DoY Commander with my 0/2 melee PE.

Ozzon
07-08-04, 01:41
Oh yah well I farmed the DoY Commander with my 0/2 melee PE.

Only that? I already got 7 mc5 techs with my l33t 0/2 pistol spy!

Now seriously, there are many other much more intresting places for hunting than 10mx10m aggie cellar, even if you want to powerlevel.

Swamps, does anyone ever hunt in swamps?

Mobius
07-08-04, 02:44
I do the swamps every now and then.. it's peaceful and.. well.. green

Rade
07-08-04, 02:54
I do the swamps every now and then.. it's peaceful and.. well.. green

Green... mm... green..

I GREEN! AND THAT GOOD!

Lexxuk
07-08-04, 02:56
its a damn good place to level a droner is the swamp caves, nice high level mobs, and pos dmg that dont dmg drones, ideal place really.

Rade
07-08-04, 03:04
its a damn good place to level a droner is the swamp caves, nice high level mobs, and pos dmg that dont dmg drones, ideal place really.

OMg, I know you hack. LEAVE NOW BEFORE ADMIN BANZ JOO!!!11

Lexxuk
07-08-04, 03:06
OMg, I know you hack. LEAVE NOW BEFORE ADMIN BANZ JOO!!!11

Well its mechanical isnt it, so high level drones dont get touched, but you still got the bats which can take out a drone in one shot :p its kinda like the way to go before you hit the graves :p NERF DRONERZ!!

Rade
07-08-04, 03:09
NERF DRONERZ!!

Well wtf does it echo in here, I already made that clear. Now stfu noob!

noobsex

viscious666
07-08-04, 06:25
erm, i know areas where warbots get stuck in a loop. i think you do to :angel:

Viper Venom
07-08-04, 06:46
i dont get u ppl, lvling is easy, and faster, if u power lvl in doy tunnels, true it only works if u have AOE weps, or are patient enough not to use aoe, but come on, power lvl ur tank in doy tunnels when u are good enough to use a grenade launcer,

my apu gained 3x the exp he took a day to gain in under 1 hour

EDIT: forgot to say, adn if u manage to get some hacking skills, u can net a loverly profit, dont forget, bio os = 8000

now ok so my meele tank can pull up 30-80 of them bio basewd os's my monk cna only carry 4-5 but meh thats still a NICE profit, and the exp is like GODLIKE, 2k per shot, 100 shots a min extra if u barrel and if u get a ncie lode of ppl (enemys, only go doy alone, death dont matter at low lvls, nothing important to pop), like mmmmmmm 4 ppl, the exp is like a slot machine, the numbers rack up so fast u cant keep track, my tnak was able to bring back 600k of loot from my last trip, not counting the lvl 1 slot enhancers and rare eye parts,

(p.s. if u aint got recycle ull run out of psi boosts and ammo and medi ktis(medikits only count for tank, any decent leveling ppu should have heal), nad if ur a ppu, u shouldt get hit, if ur a tank, gettin hit is ok in moderation,

SorkZmok
07-08-04, 07:10
i dont get u ppl, lvling is easy, and faster, if u power lvl in doy tunnels, true it only works if u have AOE weps, or are patient enough not to use aoe, but come on, power lvl ur tank in doy tunnels when u are good enough to use a grenade launcer,

my apu gained 3x the exp he took a day to gain in under 1 hour

EDIT: forgot to say, adn if u manage to get some hacking skills, u can net a loverly profit, dont forget, bio os = 8000

now ok so my meele tank can pull up 30-80 of them bio basewd os's my monk cna only carry 4-5 but meh thats still a NICE profit, and the exp is like GODLIKE, 2k per shot, 100 shots a min extra if u barrel and if u get a ncie lode of ppl (enemys, only go doy alone, death dont matter at low lvls, nothing important to pop), like mmmmmmm 4 ppl, the exp is like a slot machine, the numbers rack up so fast u cant keep track, my tnak was able to bring back 600k of loot from my last trip, not counting the lvl 1 slot enhancers and rare eye parts,

(p.s. if u aint got recycle ull run out of psi boosts and ammo and medi ktis(medikits only count for tank, any decent leveling ppu should have heal), nad if ur a ppu, u shouldt get hit, if ur a tank, gettin hit is ok in moderation,man u are uber! we just suck.
I mean, every noob should have some guy like you, telling him about the fastest ways to cap and ppuing him whenever he wants.

o_O

Viper Venom
07-08-04, 07:57
i have played new characters FAR TO MANY TIMES to wana lvl slow, if im testing new characters i wana cap far, test servers are down, i cant jus lom my lvls up.

the first tiem i ever leved i did it in the tg caves NOT CHAOS, and then went hunting in the outzone churche and places like that, when u have explored with an LE, even though my exp was restricted, and leveled all over neocron, u want to power lvl new character,

if i was playing for my first time, id do like "the exoctioner" did on pluto, he leveled nice an slow at first, he explored with his le, trouble is u cant stay lvling slow forever, i power lvl because i aint got time to lvl like i used to.

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit might i add

ichinin
07-08-04, 10:00
erm, i know areas where warbots get stuck in a loop. i think you do to :angel:

People told already how it's done, from a house (like in F 08) or useing distance. hell if you got good distance and a TL 38 sniperrifle + hovertec, you SHOULD be able to take down 120/120 Giant Hoverbombers. (SjanTeN^, maby a new challenge?)

There was even a house up in DoY land (east of El Farhid) that an APU on Saturn would go all day to get a couple of millions of XP. You can go there if u are a stealthing spy or have really good resists/running speed = not for noobs, it even has a gogu there so you can stockpile ammo before you go.

Richard Slade
07-08-04, 11:41
Isn't the point of being ubar here to NOT have a strap-on?
Which kinda means Vipers opinion goes away..

And on top of that Viper I kinda belive that any guy who goes down DoY tunnels is quite aware of his needs.. kthxbye

Edit: N' ye, if you can take down thingys that has OS's..
Why the hell would you be there taking them instead of just hunting down one WB and take the techie n' sell for 120-150k...
It's ass light and worth almost 20x the OS...

Tomalak
07-08-04, 18:01
People told already how it's done, from a house (like in F 08) or useing distance. hell if you got good distance and a TL 38 sniperrifle + hovertec, you SHOULD be able to take down 120/120 Giant Hoverbombers. (SjanTeN^, maby a new challenge?)

There was even a house up in DoY land (east of El Farhid) that an APU on Saturn would go all day to get a couple of millions of XP. You can go there if u are a stealthing spy or have really good resists/running speed = not for noobs, it even has a gogu there so you can stockpile ammo before you go.

That's MY house. Stay out of it. I'm getting a dog.:p
If you mean the place in K-10, I was the only APU on Saturn that I knew of who used to level there..I lived there for a while :)
Nice place, gogo, next to a lake and campsite.
Plus if you die, its like 2 seconds from el-farid

ichinin
07-08-04, 20:51
That's MY house. Stay out of it. I'm getting a dog.:p

It's not your house... Besides, most people just run up the roof and stand there taking out bots. i use a hovertec to get round more and kill more mobs that way instead of just waiting for someone to clear the spawns.. takes much longer to camp the house. (hunt warbies 95% of the time..)

If you mean the place in K-10, I was the only APU on Saturn that I knew of who used to level there..I lived there for a while :)
Nice place, gogo, next to a lake and campsite.
Plus if you die, its like 2 seconds from el-farid

Someone named Virus-something (in a T.T. clan named "C.S.") about 8-9 months ago showed me the place (K-10), he said he got almost a mil XP for each bot he offed.. camped there for a few days myself later on with my Rifle PE, but got sick of it (no rares) so i went back to harvesting warbies.. Then i switched to Pluto and started harvesting there..