PDA

View Full Version : Don't need more wizards and magic but...

bounty
13-07-04, 08:48
I think neocron would be cool if there were some form of a bow and arrow. Not like ffxi, but some kind of a high speed arrow with maybe flames that come off of it, or something. Visuals would be great and it could have different ammo types, some would explode on impact, some would have poison tips, etc. I dunno, just thought some high tech type bow would be cool. Just thinking aloud, as the servers are pathetically lonely tonight.

Original monk
13-07-04, 08:50
I think neocron would be cool if there were some form of a bow and arrow. Not like ffxi, but some kind of a high speed arrow with maybe flames that come off of it, or something. Visuals would be great and it could have different ammo types, some would explode on impact, some would have poison tips, etc. I dunno, just thought some high tech type bow would be cool. Just thinking aloud, as the servers are pathetically lonely tonight.

yes, or a crossbow or sumthing :) ya can make a crossbow look post apocalyptic, that cant be so hard :)

Logan_storm_03
13-07-04, 08:50
ok idea, but i dont think its that cyberpunk enough

Jeros82
13-07-04, 08:53
ok idea, but i dont think its that cyberpunk enough

But Crossbows are uber...... :(

Shadow Dancer
13-07-04, 09:04
Not cyberpunk enough? :wtf:

Anyways, I think hi-tech bows totally make sense.

They should be str+dex based weapons IMO. Perhaps make it geared towards PEs mainly.

jiga
13-07-04, 09:08
If they can have nail guns and butter knives I'm sure they can have a crossbow

Drake6k
13-07-04, 09:28
Not cyberpunk enough? :wtf:

Anyways, I think hi-tech bows totally make sense.

They should be str+dex based weapons IMO. Perhaps make it geared towards PEs mainly.

YES hightech bows, but lowtech corssbows. Lowtech pistol crossbows *drools*

Jeros82
13-07-04, 09:30
KK can we pleassssssssseeeeeeeee have crossbows *shows smilie which is on his knees and begging to KK*

Sorontar
13-07-04, 10:09
I've been waiting for Xbows , Bows etc to be introduced .............. one of my favourite characters in SR was a Street Samurai with a katana and a bow. One of those 'at one with the wilderness' types.

They have a placed in most P&P cyberpunk games out there. I know Shadowrun had them and I'm sure I saw someone playing Cyberpunk who had one ( although I've never played the game so it may have been in-house rules )

notneo
13-07-04, 10:44
woulf have to be a low level weapon i think(+ ammo mods of course) as you cant compare a crossbow to a high tech weapon for fire power, having a few at various tl may work with even a rare bow for the real nutters

amfest
13-07-04, 10:50
crossbows made by recycleing material ;) . . .

though I think they should be dex based only since for one they aren't a pistol or a rifle. I would say strength also .. but since they are crossbows and not recurbs . .hmm ..

Judge
13-07-04, 10:51
woulf have to be a low level weapon i think(+ ammo mods of course) as you cant compare a crossbow to a high tech weapon for fire power, having a few at various tl may work with even a rare bow for the real nutters

Not true. Crossbows and compound bows are incredibly powerful... one guy at my archery club was pulling a 75lb comound... fuck man that thing was powerful. And you can get crossbows up to like 150lb with drawing mechanisms. Those things are easily as powerful as some handguns, and if you had some sort of explosive... thing... on the end of the bolt then I don't see why it wouldn't be as powerful, if not more so, than the Wyatt Earp.

notneo
13-07-04, 11:13
i was comparing a bow to lasers /modern guns i agree that bows are powerful but i dont think u can compare it to a mini gun on full auto is all i meant

bounty
13-07-04, 11:17
i was comparing a bow to lasers /modern guns i agree that bows are powerful but i dont think u can compare it to a mini gun on full auto is all i meant

well this is exactly what would make the bow cool. Would be slow rate of fire, high damage.
Explosive ammo giving slight AOE might be cool even too.

Eddie
13-07-04, 13:07
In the changelog once.. I saw something called ion_crossbows or something a while back.. so maybe. Just maybe ;)

EDIT:

Adding models\ion_crossbow_1.act
Adding models\ion_crossbow_1_lp.act
Adding models\ion_crossbow_2.act
Adding models\ion_crossbow_2_lp.act

From patchlog.txt

Eddie

retr0n
13-07-04, 13:09
This is an excellent idea, I've always wanted one of those things attached
to my arm, the little thing that shoots arrows. Make that aswell.
(like the one in Mad Max^^)

5 stars

garyu69
13-07-04, 13:22
I would like to see some more Melee weapons in the form of the Devils Grace, have a Cross Bow that shoots energy arrows.

Or even better have an Energy Axe and Mace, like in transformers:

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00006JY0B.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

evs
13-07-04, 14:03
should be a tank weapon

rambo soooo was a capped tank

Ozambabbaz
13-07-04, 14:06
should be a tank weapon

rambo soooo was a capped tank

to bad the filthy bugger never capped his int tho

Organics
13-07-04, 14:07
Low tech and hi tech crossbow would be fucking great. I'd love to see Zhi-bows, the energy harp type bows from David Gemmells book Echoes of the Great Song.

Benjie
13-07-04, 14:56
The Bow and Arrow is extremely Post Apocalyptic. Just like the Sharpened Spear.

notneo
13-07-04, 15:05
i think rambo did cap his int lol

hivemind
13-07-04, 17:24
Only if I can tape sticks of dynamite to the arrows like Dukes of Hazzard style!!

ezza
13-07-04, 17:28
to bad the filthy bugger never capped his int tho
with 20 intel im sure even rambo capped it

tiikeri
13-07-04, 17:31
The crossbow from Van Helsing needs implementing :)

seraphian
13-07-04, 17:42
the real issue here is whether you want more post-apoc or more cyberpunk in Neocron.

any kind of hand-powered weapon is VERY post-apoc, but hardly cyberpunk. I'd prefer they stick to high-tech/low-life kind of gritty ultratech myself, but then again that's my preference. Crossbows have their uses, mainly in silent takedowns.

Inchenzo
13-07-04, 18:11
In the changelog once.. I saw something called ion_crossbows or something a while back.. so maybe. Just maybe ;)

EDIT:

From patchlog.txt

Eddie

i've actually seen a ingame screenshot of that bow somewhere here on the forum O_o

Benjie
13-07-04, 18:13
the real issue here is whether you want more post-apoc or more cyberpunk in Neocron.

any kind of hand-powered weapon is VERY post-apoc, but hardly cyberpunk. I'd prefer they stick to high-tech/low-life kind of gritty ultratech myself, but then again that's my preference. Crossbows have their uses, mainly in silent takedowns.

Quality Bows and Arrows would be sold by the primitave traders in the wastelands. I doubt that Archer and Wesson would market or publish such an item.

Birkoff
13-07-04, 18:19
You can get crossbows in Shadowrun so there 100% needed in NC if u ask me :)

As NC is basically a MMO of ShadowRun anyway :)

I can imagine AB guys in there little camps with Hand cross bows and some with heavy cross bows... mmm.... cyber punk....