PDA

View Full Version : New server for BDoY

Centuri
13-07-04, 03:40
Been thinking lately, that when BDoY comes, kk has already said that they are gonna have it so people can transfer there chars from one server to the new ones. How this means that all the cash and items players currently have will be transfered onto the new server.

I was wondering if there would be a server which didn't allow this, so people would have to level up from the start and the servers ecomony sorted out. It would mean that there wont be large supplies of rares on the server and people and clans with 100's of millions.

Also if this did happen would it be possible to alter the drop rates for the tps so that rares are actually rares.

1 TP drop in say 50 kills would be a more reasonable rate I would say.

Also maybe a rework on the current items in the tech part pool.

The weapons and spells should remain as requiring tech parts. However other items, like the gloves, and implants could be quested items. This game really lacks in the quest department. It wouldn't be too hard to add quests into the game, hell if this idea would be considered I would be willing to write up possible quest ideas for each of the items.

Whats other peoples views and comments on this ?

- Centuri, N.D.A Clan Leader

Psycho_Soldier
13-07-04, 03:44
1 TP drop in say 50 kills would be a more reasonable rate I would say.

*faints*

I can't believe you actually just said that. O_O

jernau
13-07-04, 03:47
Yes to all points.

/edit - much as I like it though it would need a lot more people than we have now or will get at the current levels of marketing :(.

tiikeri
13-07-04, 03:49
5 stars cent :)

I would really like everybody to start from the same line...Fresh start..

but the part of 1 tp per 50.. well.. perhaps not 50.. nerf it a bit and count me in..

- Wannabe

Jesterthegreat
13-07-04, 03:49
agreed

jernau
13-07-04, 03:50
The drop-rate is the best part IMO.

Jesterthegreat
13-07-04, 03:53
The drop-rate is the best part IMO.

yup... rares actually being rare... i would love that

tiikeri
13-07-04, 03:55
Then make it 1 tp for 100 :)

IMO the best part would be the fresh start for everyone. New economy, no rares no nothing.

And i would like 2 character slots too :)

StryfeX
13-07-04, 04:09
As long as rares are required in PvP, this gets a big fat NO. Sorry. The rest of the idea isn't bad though.

--Stryfe

Centuri
13-07-04, 04:11
I would perfer a 1 char server personally, however would it be possible to implement a similar system as final fantasy XI and allow players to pay say an extra 1-2 dollars(pounds) for an additional character slot. I know this may require some extensive programming and alterations but just another idea.

Also 1 tp in 100 kills might be a little extreme but it needs to be changed a lot compared to the current TP drop rate.

Can an offical KK employee make a comment if this idea of a fresh new server will be implemented ? or even considered please ?

Thanks

- Centuri, N.D.A Clan Leader

40$Poser
13-07-04, 04:13
hopefully if they aren't going to transfer items, at least transfer the char with implants and whatever his inventory is. Rather not see my Dimension Splitter go down the drain :/

TheGreatMilenko
13-07-04, 04:16
Also 1 tp in 100 kills might be a little extreme

hell no people get rares like buying a non rare from the shop all this does is make more people hunt for tech parts but they have to do somthing about the money thing its rediculus people giving fucking 2 mill jus for a lvl 2 implant its just crazy as hell

bubby
Your idea blows big time,

Having a drop rate like that would be catastrophic to everyone. Especially people who have been playing since beta.

Make a game they love a game to hate!@!!!

I think you came back just to ruin the game :(

TheGreatMilenko
hopefully if they aren't going to transfer items, at least transfer the char with implants and whatever his inventory is. Rather not see my Dimension Splitter go down the drain :/

all that does is make people fill there inventory with all there items

TheGreatMilenko
13-07-04, 04:17
Your idea blows big time,

Having a drop rate like that would be catastrophic to everyone. Especially people who have been playing since beta.

Make a game they love a game to hate!@!!!

[ edited ] getting anything is to fucking easy it needs to be at least a little hard godamn

Crono
13-07-04, 04:18
hells no on that droprate. Unless the weapons will then be gaurenteed 5 slotters then a bad droprate is insane. considering how enourmously huge the pool is. Its still 1/100 chance you get what you wanted. And many many many are considered so cheep they arent tradeworthy of anything good. True rares in a game where you can drop items isnt a good idea in the least man :/

Compared to simply having someone BP and Construct a weapon, these are rare. the point was to make it a challange, not have a select few "elite" people on the server running a rampage with much more powerfull weapons.

FFS Centuri, you been playing a bit too much of AO's campathon? thats the entire game, camping horrid droprates tryiong to OD others, the entire game is 1 Big MC5, but with bad droprates.

-Crono

Centuri
13-07-04, 04:19
Thing is thou a character last time I checked can hold upto 250 items, aslong as he dont go too far into the negative freeload. This means the items a character is carrying could include a lot of rare items. This would mess up the new server from the start. If its gonna be so it restarts everything then nothing should be allowed to be transfered from old players. If people wanna transfer across old chars then that would be np, since kk has already said there would be servers for that.

I am also fairly sure that when BDoY is announced and new players come in the game, a server which has started from scratch will pull in more players than the other servers. I know if I was new to the game I would rather go onto a server where people where in almost the same position as me, rather than a server where people already have capped chars, fortunes in money and loads of the best equipment etc.

bubby
[ edited ]

Terayon
I like all the points. Totaly has my vote.

Crono
13-07-04, 04:22

All their items they spent good time getting.

Making a server like that cheepens the other servers, forming a semi "elite" server, almost making anything you do now almost worthless unless you really wanna play on one of those "other" servers.

-Crono

Centuri
13-07-04, 04:25

The drop rate would have to be at least 1 in 10 at the min really for this to work. I also mentioned that a implants and gloves which are in the tech part pool should be quested this would mean that the tp pool would be made a lot smaller.

If I came back to the game to ruin if for people I would have just gone on a pking run on a popular server or something. I wouldn't have come back rebuilt my clan, and run events on a dieing server to try and get it active again. I sure as wouldn't bother trying to post ideas to improve the game.

I am sure if you have read my other posts, you will see I really do wanna try and make things better for this game.

When you hear the word rare what does that mean to you thou ? I in 5 people have it ? 1 in 10 people have it ? 1 in 50 people have it ?

I would say rare in my opinion is where 1 in 50 people have the item within the first few months of the server being started. Atm KK might aswell just have an npc that sells rares in plaza or something cause they are that easy to get ahold off.

Terayon
13-07-04, 04:28
the 1 in 50 droprate is kidna annoying.... i dont like hunting a hour and a half for a single tech part. infact i dont know why i said i totaly agree.... becouse i dont :p

Crono
13-07-04, 04:29
To have that Centuri would imbalance the game. Rares make too big a difference for just a select few to have them.

Would you really bve all for this idea if you never leaft and diddnt have a server in items has gotten so far ahead of you? (i know that overwhelming feeling, i have been gone a year)

Its alwready 1/5 right now Off Doomies/Grims/Terror Birds

And most the rare pool is crap weapons.

Just because its called a rare doesnt mean u need to turn the game into AO, a game i also play, but it seems your trying to bring the most compleatly unenjoyable aspect of it to this game, which is almost sickening.

-Crono

40$Poser
13-07-04, 04:29

I'll be more clear

all implants and...

the 10 slots that make there quick access belt (so you can only have 10 items with ye excluding the imps in your char)

An official word would be appreciated

Centuri
13-07-04, 04:30
All their items they spent good time getting.

Making a server like that cheepens the other servers, forming a semi "elite" server, almost making anything you do now almost worthless unless you really wanna play on one of those "other" servers.

-Crono

Its another option for players, some people would like a server which is a little more balanced or who wanna start off fresh again to enjoy the game again. This idea wouldn't mean that the other servers would not allow you to transfer your chars. So if people dont like this idea they can just ignore it. I mainly posted this to see if others would also like this idea, and also to grab the attention of kk to consider this idea. Possible hold a vote for people to make a choice. It would only require one additional server for this, make it multi-language aswell, that would increase the player count and also allow for people to be playing during all hours. After all more player count = more fun.

Centuri
13-07-04, 04:38
To have that Centuri would imbalance the game. Rares make too big a difference for just a select few to have them.

One thing I have learnt since I have come back is to change how I play and think with the new changes. To survive you must adapt. I am sure if everyone had normal weapons the fights would still be ok. People will use what they can get.

Would you really bve all for this idea if you never leaft and diddnt have a server in items has gotten so far ahead of you? (i know that overwhelming feeling, i have been gone a year)

I have come back, and on the clan server list I see a lot of clans have over 100 mill, thats not including how much each member has. Implants will be just as bad.

And most the rare pool is crap weapons.

Some of the more crap weapons could be turned into quested items or removed totally from the game. There are ways to get around the tech part pool. If drop rate was increased but the items in the tech part pool where decrease would that be better ? Image one of each type of weapon removed and all implants and gloves. That would still mean that getting a rare wouldn't be that hard. It might also introduce more trade between players.

Now days people are only after rares cause the ones they got dont have enough slots. Its not cause they dont already have it.

Crono
13-07-04, 04:41
I would be totally for this idea man, but to do so they would have to make them 3 slot min, i cant see myself spending so long trying to get a gun to be shafted by the luck of the draw when having it made. thats the part thats getting to me most. If they did that and made them like Epic items how they diont drop (who wants to spend over a month part collecting, espoicxally PSI's who need more then 1 Module out in belt, to just drop into your QB when killed, i dont get enjoyment out of that pit in your stomach feeling that you could lose big when getting ganked)

Maby make the parts just a Prequil to a Epic type quest for the last part, which then can be made by a constructor, but slots would have to be gaurenteed, for this much work.

-Crono

jernau
13-07-04, 04:43
If you didn't want to play a server like this you could pick one that lets you take all your items with you and go there.

I like the idea of having one server like this.

Actually I'd most like to see one server with no rare weapons at all (keep the imps) but this idea would be a more popular compromise I expect and would probably have greater longevity too.

Centuri
13-07-04, 04:44
Well I always liked a one char server, however since I have 4 accounts I cant really talk about it that much. However 3 chars might be too much. 2 chars like someone else mentioned would most likely be the best bet. However an offical response from kk would be nice :)

DonnyJepp
13-07-04, 04:45
/votes no to the server that requires you to farm for 80 hours per week for months on end to get a rare weapon.

/votes no to Farm-o-cron

Crono
13-07-04, 04:46
I would be totally for this idea man, but to do so they would have to make them 3 slot min, i cant see myself spending so long trying to get a gun to be shafted by the luck of the draw when having it made. thats the part thats getting to me most. If they did that and made them like Epic items how they diont drop (who wants to spend over a month part collecting, espoicxally PSI's who need more then 1 Module out in belt, to just drop into your QB when killed, i dont get enjoyment out of that pit in your stomach feeling that you could lose big when getting ganked)

Maby make the parts just a Prequil to a Epic type quest for the last part, which then can be made by a constructor, but slots would have to be gaurenteed, for this much work.

-Crono

I edited it enough to almost make it a whole new post :P
Diddnt think people would psot so quick :P

Longer time, and rarer weapons would be awsome, but quality/slots/non dropability is a must. They figure Epic items shouldnt be droppable due to the time it takes to do the missions, this would now far supas that.

-Crono

Darkener
13-07-04, 04:52

yes id rather not see the year and ahalf or so of work put into my tank go down the drain

Centuri
13-07-04, 04:55
If this new server did come out, I would make a ppu monk to start with, and I know how many rares I would need to obtain, however the feeling of building that perfect PPU and getting those rares with good slots gives you a sense of achievement at the end of the day. Also the idea of losing a little more when dieing will add to the game, trust me. For those who played jumpgate knew that when you died you lost all of your equipment you had to rebuy the lot or get some made. During fights you would shake, and at the end of fights you would shake. No game has ever done that to me before.

People would be a lot more careful, however I cant see that happening really cause this game has a different group of people playing it.

TP drop might be best at 1 in 10 mobs then to avoid hunting for months for one item since that would most likely seem fairer to a wider range of players.

Ah just another idea, however this would cause some problems with camping of mobs, but what if certain mobs dropped certain types of tech parts ? Say warbots any tech parts dropped by them would be either a rifle weapon, a heavy combat weapon or a psi monk spell ? Where as say another time of mob would only drop meelee weapon tps, pistol tps and droner tps.

Just an idea, dont go flaming too hard please :)

Crono
13-07-04, 04:58
While the idea is ok for people who have been away a while and feel themself behind, its always more favorable to have a fresh start then to catch up.

But im sticking to what i said about how having a new "Fresh Start, New Economy, "Tougher server with rarer Rares"" Server would seriously cheepen any of the other servers allot, and make them feel like second rate servers in comparison. The economy will eventually become the same as it is now, burning down the past again isnt the answer. the answer is Huge money sink items, like im shure the apts and many other things in DOY will be.

-Crono

[EDIT]

"Also the idea of losing a little more when dieing will add to the game, trust me. For those who played jumpgate knew that when you died you lost all of your equipment you had to rebuy the lot or get some made. During fights you would shake, and at the end of fights you would shake. No game has ever done that to me before. "

No Way, that has to be the worst playing experiance there is, its the anti enjoyment feeling. What crack you smoking? :P Like asking for punishment.

If you want a money sink, how about QB slot insurance that you can buy for allot a slot, and lasts till you die. That would turn around the economy in a month :P

And for those who like farming rares off people instead of mobs, i really dont shead a tear :P

Cyphor
13-07-04, 05:26
As long as rares are required in PvP, this gets a big fat NO. Sorry. The rest of the idea isn't bad though.

--Stryfe

They aren't required atm, its just while people have them and there are so many people feel they do. Everyone would be in the same boat and its not like one person would get a rare and be able to take down people he previously couldnt. Imo it would make the game more fun.

tiikeri
13-07-04, 05:44
1) make new server, with one char slot where is no boundaries with safezones and you can drag your old-chosen-character there. AKA hardcore-server. Present raredrops, etc.

2) make another server with 2 free character slots. Where you will have to start from nib, without cash, without weapons, without anything exept ur own skills. Nerf the present rare drop a bit. Remove gloves and imps from rare pool to make it a bit smaller. The word "RARE" would mean it, for atleast in the start of the server. On rares, slots randomized as 1-5. Chance of getting 0 slotter = 0%. (does not include drones).

Q: why 2 char slots?
A: To make tradeskillers a bit less rare than they are on pluto atm.

Q: what does "RARE" mean?
A: it means that everybody who you encounter doesn't have 100copies of the same item that u have.

Q: why to make 2 different servers?
A: so that the ones that only want to peekay and behave how they like and wont start whining here. And the another for players who intend to do another things between killing and dying.

3) Remove the title "Master" for completing epic. And make it fore/back title.
I.E: Completing ProtoPharm epic would give u the title of "Doc. <enterurcharnamehere>" Or "Doctor blaablaa" or <add your favourite title here>. Tsunami would get Pimp, CA - Officer(or some other cop-related title), CM - some military rank like Cpt... I assume u have catched my point.

4)This was only my opinion..

5) <Please enter your idea here>....

- Wannabe

Crono
13-07-04, 05:51
See its alwready started, the New Server would be the nice new server for people who want to do other things exped PK all day, and the other server is pretty much labled as the Server all the asshats will be joining who want lots of rares and to have 1 big PK fest.

Awsome.

-Crono

StryfeX
13-07-04, 05:52
They aren't required atm, its just while people have them and there are so many people feel they do. Everyone would be in the same boat and its not like one person would get a rare and be able to take down people he previously couldnt. Imo it would make the game more fun.Not quite. You give any of the semi-skilled people on the server a weapon that is quite superior to any other "normal" weapons, and they will stomp all over other people. Or better yet, take two people who were just about 50/50 in duels. Then give one them a rare weapon vs a storebought playerbuilt weapon. Now I can pretty much garentee that the rare user will beat the non-rare user's ass so badly, so frequently, and with such consistency, that it might make the non-rare user think about going to play another server or even delete their character.

The advantages over others that rare weapons give are very pronounced.

--Stryfe

tiikeri
13-07-04, 05:55
chrono read:

4)This was only my opinion..

like i said.

IMHO - i would like to get a fresh start.

the ones who enjoy PKing more than actually playing the game, could go to Hardcore - and i would bring my tank there too.

Crono
13-07-04, 05:58
I just dont like how it would Instantly cheapen all the other servers in compoarison, making them just places to drag your old chars to for some quick PVP fests.

-Crono

Juht
13-07-04, 06:03
I think the original idea here is to have a BDoY server that EVERYONE has to start fresh on, nothing is transfered. While a good idea in some regards, there are many factors which may result in that server failing. There will be a huge time difference between launch and when proper wars take place. Like it or not, the "end game" of Neocron is PvP, what else is there to do with a capped char decked out in the best equipment? Because of this, a lot of the veteran players will prefer to be on other servers where they can do what they're used to doing, wars.

Without many veteran players on said server, a fresh community will be severely lacking on "teachers" making things hard to understand and no real direction in how to progress your character. Some of these players may persevere, others will likely quit, which may make for a low server pop... Reakktor has to consider costs for having this server and they will want to go with what keeps the population high.

I have played a number of MMO games from launch and I do enjoy the first few months where most everyone is on equal footing financially and where assets are concerned. However, EVERY time, there is always a saturation point where you have a distinct difference between "wealthy" players and those who are not. For new players that join months after a server is launched there will undoubtedly be the same feeling that a new player has now coming to the current Neocron servers. So I think even if this server is successful, the end result will eventually be the same, just delayed. Even that concept may be intriguing to some players, but from Reakktor's stand point, it may not be cost effective having an additional server.

I don't agree with the tech parts drop though... I don't know who or exactly when the tech part items were coined as "rare". Everyone has the same opportunity to get the same tech part drop rate, no part is more "rare" than another that I'm aware of, it's demand that changes how "rare" a part is. If each H-C GenTank on the server needs to build, on average, 3 to 4 Cursed Souls so that they finally get one that all stats are capped and it has an ammo mod, that will make CS parts more "rare" than say Doom Beamer parts that those same H-C GenTanks will probably only want one of for hunting or what not. Or say a server population is nearly 75% composed of tanks and monks, you would have seen that Marine and PSI-Core parts were much more "rare" than Special Forces. This was the case a year ago when Hybrid monks were supreme and the CS was the hottest item around aside from MC5 parts.

All I'm trying to say with that is, making the tech parts drop rate lower will only delay serious players and make them more annoyed with hunting. Add to that more time taken from wars and a large increase in competition for tech part dropping mobs, both of which will more than likely make the populace more irritable.

I am unaware of any time which Reakktor has stated that tech parts have individual drop rates making one item more rare than another. In beta, we didn't even have tech parts. Most of your community interaction was between tradeskillers and fighters. Most trading was limited at best, most people constructed by request and most mob drop items were sold privately. Ultimately tech parts were introduced to boost the community interaction. You may be able to farm 300 techs a week, but you will find, more often than not, you still need to trade a few to build items that are useful to your setup.

I think either way you cut it, a server that starts out fresh will more or less end up like you see the servers now. It will simply be a race to level and to hoard a stash of credits and assets. I mean if you level right, you can be soloing mobs that drop 6k credits per kill in less than 2 weeks.

Praetorian
13-07-04, 12:11
No.

I might have agreed earlier, but not anymore...

All you will do is nerf everyone back to square one, we will have 200 peeps at gabanium mine and J_02, and that will last until someone finds yet another exploit...

And you can be sure the prices for rares wont be cheaper than they are now, not in a million years if they get to become REALLY rare... (especially slotted ones)

[TgR]KILLER
13-07-04, 13:00
i just simply won't go on it. won't vote no eighter cause you can get what you want i aint gonna play on it anyway. :lol:

i just hope kk releases a list of how they gonna handle servers before doy gets out.. but its as clear as anything i want a "english" 1 char server.. like pluto.. always played there and always will.. hate multi char servers were you don't know who's who and fuck knows what i can come up with but i aint gonna post it all.

din't work for 1.5 years to get all my gear, cash and the other stuff i got in that time just to trow it away when some update comes out.

evs
13-07-04, 13:03
Not when the rare pool is so rubbish at the moment.

Imagine the scenario.

You are a pistol spy, you take on average 3 minutes to kill a 75/75 +, and then 1 minute to find another.

on worst case scenario you get 4 parts from 200 mobs which takes you 800 minutes (i.e 13.3 hours)

and then you are overjoyed to find they are drone parts and totally worthless.

wheee what a great 13 hours that was

so erm....... NO

thankyou come again :D

Centuri
13-07-04, 13:34
While the idea is ok for people who have been away a while and feel themself behind, its always more favorable to have a fresh start then to catch up.

Its also a very good idea for new people, why should new players be forced onto a server where theres gonna be people with capped chars, capped equipment and loads of cash ? It would give the new players an unfair advantage.

The economy will eventually become the same as it is now, burning down the past again isnt the answer. the answer is Huge money sink items, like im shure the apts and many other things in DOY will be.[QUOTE]

I very much doubt there will huge enough money sinks to make people and clans spend over 100 mill each ? This server is not gonna be forced on people so why do people hate the idea so much ? You wont have to go onto it, and because it might bring more people onto the server than any of the others you dont like it ?

[QUOTE=Crono]"Also the idea of losing a little more when dieing will add to the game, trust me. For those who played jumpgate knew that when you died you lost all of your equipment you had to rebuy the lot or get some made. During fights you would shake, and at the end of fights you would shake. No game has ever done that to me before. "

No Way, that has to be the worst playing experiance there is, its the anti enjoyment feeling. What crack you smoking? :P Like asking for punishment.

I like some risks when playing, I dont like things to be all carebear for me. If there is something that will make you think again about dieing you will be more careful.

" Without many veteran players on said server, a fresh community will be severely lacking on "teachers" making things hard to understand and no real direction in how to progress your character. Some of these players may persevere, others will likely quit, which may make for a low server pop... Reakktor has to consider costs for having this server and they will want to go with what keeps the population high..

I for one would people very happy in assisting new runners with things. I would add this as an additional role playing aspect to any clan that I form.
Also you think that there has always been veterans on all the servers even from day 1 ? Nope I doubt it very much. Also I am very confident that this new server would be host to a much larger population. I would say maybe around 10% at least of the current population would like this idea, most likely more and 80-90% of new runners would perfer this server and a lot of returning runners say around 50% would perfer this server. It seems a lot of people are afraid that this new server will be too popular and cause they cant be asked to lvl up again dont want to see it implemented.

"All you will do is nerf everyone back to square one, we will have 200 peeps at gabanium mine and J_02, and that will last until someone finds yet another exploit...

This is the idea of the server so everyone starts from the same spot again, you make this sound like it will be forced upon you. If you aren't interested in this sort of server then pick another. Also having 200 peeps at gab mine or j_02 will make people look else where for good spots and trust me there are a lot more. Tell me in real life when you go to a supermarket is it fairly empty there ? I bet theres loads of people there same with most of them. We learn to live with that, you can do the same in game. Also people wont be there all the time.

"You are a pistol spy, you take on average 3 minutes to kill a 75/75 +, and then 1 minute to find another.
on worst case scenario you get 4 parts from 200 mobs which takes you 800 minutes (i.e 13.3 hours)

If you read one of my more recent posts, I agreed that 1 in 50 or 1 in 100 would be too much, so I said about 1 in 10.

With your calculations you would gain 20 tps instead of 4 which would be more reasonable.

YoDa-UK
13-07-04, 13:45
I think it would be a great idea for KK to allow for choice here, allow a server/s where players can just move their things they want over, and also havea server that starts out fresh and a complete wipe, nothing on it except making your new char and going from there.

I totally agree with this idea 100%, i would start out new and love it.

formori
13-07-04, 13:50
then you trade the drone parts for pistol parts.

retr0n
13-07-04, 14:00
I like the idea, although not the droprate parts. Why? Well as someone said
a few posts back, take two ppl and let them duell 100 times, the outcome is
50/50 so the skill is the same. Then give one of them a rare version of their
weapon and they will wipe the floor with the opponent.

At first, with nobody having rares this would be Ok. But as time goes on and
say 2 months passes only the hardcore-elite-24/7-have-no-real-life players
would own rares and would be far superior (sp?) because of the item itself
and not because of greater skill.

The rest of it sounds great though. I would definetly choose a server where
I can start fresh together with everybody else.

Centuri
13-07-04, 14:07
At first, with nobody having rares this would be Ok. But as time goes on and
say 2 months passes only the hardcore-elite-24/7-have-no-real-life players
would own rares and would be far superior (sp?) because of the item itself
and not because of greater skill.

At the beginning of retail people didn't all get rares at the same time. I remember running around with an epr for a long period of time doing pvp, before I got a redeemer.

Also a new server that starts from scratch wont contain anything from exploits which the current servers have suffered from.

Crono
13-07-04, 14:25
"I like some risks when playing, I dont like things to be all carebear for me. If there is something that will make you think again about dieing you will be more careful."

There is thinking twice about dying, then there is losing months of part collecting With this new Centuri Droprate.

-Crono

darkservent
13-07-04, 14:26
At the beginning of retail people didn't all get rares at the same time. I remember running around with an epr for a long period of time doing pvp, before I got a redeemer.

Also a new server that starts from scratch wont contain anything from exploits which the current servers have suffered from.

Thats exactly what I did. Back in the days of no safe slots I would run round with a EPR instead of any rares just cause I lost my first rare. I dont mind this idea but clean out alot of the techs to quest items. And the idea of differentiating the type of tech to the specific mobs has been a much wanted feature. This will solve you from crying over drone parts after hunting for hours on end. The idea is good cent but I read it and I said to myself "ppl are to use to the game as it is now, making a major change like this would not be good and youll get flamed for it".

I think KK have DOY system planned already so any ideas now are just thoughts and liklihood of them even being considered for the implementation is zilch.

Centuri
13-07-04, 14:33
Thats exactly what I did. Back in the days of no safe slots I would run round with a EPR instead of any rares just cause I lost my first rare. I dont mind this idea but clean out alot of the techs to quest items. And the idea of differentiating the type of tech to the specific mobs has been a much wanted feature. This will solve you from crying over drone parts after hunting for hours on end. The idea is good cent but I read it and I said to myself "ppl are to use to the game as it is now, making a major change like this would not be good and youll get flamed for it".

I think KK have DOY system planned already so any ideas now are just thoughts and liklihood of them even being considered for the implementation is zilch.

I did mention above about changing implants and gloves to quested items instead to reduce the tp pool. Also adding a new server is like this is not beyond kks abilities. It could be a very viable option at this current time. (I would have thought).

The game has changed a lot of times since its come retail people would get used to changes. This idea is just another option for players to think about, this would not be forced upon players, its a choice.

Would it be possible for a member of kk to make a reply as if this idea is possible, or not? No point trying to sell a dead horse.

Mr_Snow
13-07-04, 14:44
If you reduced the drop rate that much you would pretty much fuck over anybody who doesnt play most of the day and complete deletion fucks over people who have spent 2 years or near enough collecting rareparts and weapons.

Most classes need rares to compete in this game and strangely enough the onyl 2 that dont really are PEs and PPUs.

Saza
13-07-04, 14:45
Problem is centuri, is that the few people that can get their hands on rares will become insanely overpowered compared to everyone else. It's a good idea, but with rares being better than their standard counterparts in every way, owning a rare is a sure fire way of pwning anyone who doesn't have a rare.

If rares were altered so say, they were exactly the same as standard guns save one of their stats is much higher, then this would become much more viable. Rares wouldn't be required, but there is point to owning them.

retr0n
13-07-04, 14:56

Yes that is true, but, alot of things have changed since the start of retail,
rares are essencial today because they are superior in damage output to
their non-rare versions, now, if this was modified somehow so that rares
gave other bonuses, other then simply much greater dmg then i could be all
for this.

For example, take the Pain Easer, and it's closes none rare version TAR.
The PE does WAY more dmg then the TAR. Try killing anybody with a TAR
and you will see that it's not that viable, especially if your opponent is
using a PE.

The same goes for bascily every other weapon in the game with a few
exceptions (sp?)

--------------------

Another thing, for the people saying "No i dont want to loose everything
i have worked for..." remember, this is ONE server, if you dont like that,
then simply select another one wich will allow you to transfer everything
you own.

--------------------

Clothing_Option
13-07-04, 15:02
If they make a server like that i hope you enjoy it as i will not be there
TY.

-FN-
13-07-04, 15:12
I agree 100%, though I wish everyone was forced into starting over with DoY :p When the vets bring thier capped chars over to the DoY servers with the (hopefull) influx of noobs, it's gonna be pure shit and they're gonna split.

Stop acting like selfish ass hats and realize that THE ONLY THING RARE RIGHT NOW IS A NEOCRON PLAYER :rolleyes: The economy is going to be total CRAP in the first month of DoY because like now, not a god damn thing will be rare in this game... again. Why does everyone want frickin' easy street around here.

Mingerroo
13-07-04, 15:26
I agree totally, the same occurred to me yesterday... When BDoY gets here with all its fancy gadgets and its altered economy I would love a "fresh start server" so that anything that went wrong on the current servers (high drop rates, cheaters, the like) does not affect our 'new game'.

5 Stars

Steve

retr0n
13-07-04, 15:28
I agree 100%, though I wish everyone was forced into starting over with DoY :p When the vets bring thier capped chars over to the DoY servers with the (hopefull) influx of noobs, it's gonna be pure shit and they're gonna split.

Stop acting like selfish ass hats and realize that THE ONLY THING RARE RIGHT NOW IS A NEOCRON PLAYER :rolleyes: The economy is going to be total CRAP in the first month of DoY because like now, not a god damn thing will be rare in this game... again. Why does everyone want frickin' easy street around here.

1) Economy. I can promise you, that if i wanted, I could fuck up the economy
of the "new" server within a week, anybody could. The economy is always
going to get screwed no matter what. It's only a question of sooner or later,
but limiting rares is not a solution IMO. It's simply making it later rather then
sooner.

2) If everybody was forced to start all over again i truly believe that 90% of
the current active community would leave. Why? Well because they have spent
alot of time capping their chars and collecting the items only to loose it all
over something that is suppose to be an expansion.

There should be no punishment to the current playerbase when switching to
the DoY servers, although I like the idea of this new server. But then it would
be a choice of you own if you wanted ot start all over again or if you simply
want an upgrade and continue playing your current chars.

Celt
13-07-04, 15:35
I want a fresh start server, not a frest start requiring months of non-stop tech hunting server.

Crono
13-07-04, 16:14

Easy Street?

Where the ehck do you get off calling players who spent little over a year on their characters getting and working and collecting Selfish and insulting them because they dont want to start over?

Everyone who is semi New and/or has taken a long break ;P will want this, not because its more of a good idea, but because it will prevent them from having to catch up with others that have been playing, its like the easy street. There will always be exploits, and bugs that mess things up. The economy in a year will be exactly tghe same, then what, Wipe again? Just add Huge non needed money sinks, like the camo PA, no advantage to it, but its 3x the proce. Apt's and furnishings im shure will be another huge money sink. Got to think of soloutions that dont entail buringin down everything. And a new "Harder" Server, would i dont care whats said, make all the other servers seem like their playing a game on "Easy" mode, Thus cheepening the feel of all their players there.

-Crono

n3m
13-07-04, 16:16
I'd just settle for nice lagless servers :)

might be a good idea, but I don't like it.

Mingerroo
13-07-04, 17:55
Retron, nobody is being forced, we are saying an ADDITIONAL fresh server on top of the carry-over servers. So nobody has to leave because they can just take their character elsewhere. It's a good idea to have a fresh start server because a lot of people do want it, and because it isnt forcing anyone to go on it I dont see why not.

Steve

retr0n
13-07-04, 17:59
Retron, nobody is being forced, we are saying an ADDITIONAL fresh server on top of the carry-over servers. So nobody has to leave because they can just take their character elsewhere. It's a good idea to have a fresh start server because a lot of people do want it, and because it isnt forcing anyone to go on it I dont see why not.

Steve

That's exactly what I was saying because someone posted "I dont want to
loose all my stuff" Then fine, don't play on that server & transfer your belongings
onto another one and play there. :p Maybe i wasnt clear enough :)

LiL T
13-07-04, 18:03
I hope your not being seroius about 1 tp in 50 kills O_o I hate lvling I hate rare hunting If I have to kill 50 WB's to get a TP I'll go nuts and quit the game

retr0n
13-07-04, 18:07
I hope your not being seroius about 1 tp in 50 kills O_o I hate lvling I hate rare hunting If I have to kill 50 WB's to get a TP I'll go nuts and quit the game

It's would only be on this "new" server... Others servers would remain the
same as far as drop rate is concerned(sp?)

Crono
13-07-04, 18:24
And other servers would be the "Easy" skill lvl servers. Many would want their old chars, but also manby would not like playing on a servers thats almost looked down apon as being easier. It cheepens everything else to have a server like that.

-Crono

retr0n
13-07-04, 18:32
And other servers would be the "Easy" skill lvl servers. Many would want their old chars, but also manby would not like playing on a servers thats almost looked down apon as being easier. It cheepens everything else to have a server like that.

-Crono

What you are saying is true, but, take for example Pluto vs. Saturn, ok not
right now, but take that situation 6 months back. Server vs. Server is always
going to be there.

And you dont see Venus guys comming onto these forums bragging off about
their server because they can join Anarchy Breed and have other stuff we
dont.

And I think it would be good to have different servers, that way everybody
gets to enjoy their playtime a bit more. For example, you have the "casual"
players, who play maybe only a couple of hours a week. They dont have time
to collect rareparts all day long, so they play on a server where they can
obtain these items easier.

At the end of the day you play this game because YOU want to enjoy yourself,
so why should you go around worring about what ppl do on a whole different
server.

Crono
13-07-04, 18:44
yea, but you picked the server you wanted. If you wanted to be 1 char yopu picked pluto, if not, u picked Saturn/Uranius.

Lewt there be server conflict there, you picked what youi liked. With this, it will instantly creat a sort of Master server feel to it, and people will try to tout it as the offical RP server and other such BS. It will almost force without pushing, others to join it unless they want to play and collect stuff on otherservers, all the time feeling like its second rate and cheeper.

-Crono

retr0n
13-07-04, 18:47
So because some people want things to be easier, others shouldnt be allowed
to make it harder because the "easy" server might feel cheap?

Crono
13-07-04, 18:52
Yes. No point changing the game around now. Most people like playing the games on its hardest settings, but you dont add them after the player is almost done.

Having diff droprates on that is just stupid. If anything just make a new server, though its still half retarted to start anew, because this is only supported by people who are behind a bit now (there are exception). All they want is a chance to be ahead of the game instead of working to catch up to people who played and worked longer at it. Its no fix to anything and it shure as heck isnt for the new players like hinted at. There wont be a whole slew of new players right away, and by that poiint the old players will have lvled to 10 lvls below cap alwready.

-Crono

retr0n
13-07-04, 18:58
Yes. No point changing the game around now. Most people like playing the games on its hardest settings, but you dont add them after the player is almost done.

Having diff droprates on that is just stupid. If anything just make a new server, though its still half retarted to start anew, because this is only supported by people who are behind a bit now (there are exception). All they want is a chance to be ahead of the game instead of working to catch up to people who played and worked longer at it. Its no fix to anything and it shure as heck isnt for the new players like hinted at. There wont be a whole slew of new players right away, and by that poiint the old players will have lvled to 10 lvls below cap alwready.

-Crono

What if the "new" server was released 1 month after the DoY release?
By then new players should be comming in on a regular basis, and it might be
an easier choice for them if they know that everybody else is starting from
scratch aswell.

Crono
13-07-04, 19:04
Could d that too, but i really dont see a need to lock anyone out of bringing anything there. This is just a expansion, but its one that is changing the engine, so it cant co exist with people on the normal servers using the old engine, well it prob could but then you would be restricted by limits of the old engine when doing anything to the newer updated one. And there is still no need to change the drops to be different from any other server.

-Crono

retr0n
13-07-04, 19:08
Well Crono, we obviously have differnet oppinions on this one, so instead of
spamming lets just leave it at that :)

Marx
13-07-04, 19:15
I'm against it as long as there's such a big damned gap between non-rare and rare weaponry. Anything that becomes required for some facet of gameplay is no longer 'rare'.

The term 'rare' also infers optionality, something that never will exist until the TL's are reworked and the benefits of using a 'rare weapon' is changed drastically.

retr0n
13-07-04, 19:18
I'm against it as long as there's such a big damned gap between non-rare and rare weaponry. Anything that becomes required for some facet of gameplay is no longer 'rare'.

The term 'rare' also infers optionality, something that never will exist until the TL's are reworked and the benefits of using a 'rare weapon' is changed drastically.

I say the same thing. I would love a fresh server but as long as rares are a
must the lootdrop should stay the same.

btw Marx. What the hell is that in your sig.?

Darak
14-07-04, 11:36
As long as rares drop from mobs, ppl will hunt rares until they get what _they_ want. When you have what you want, you stop hunting but have huge numbers of other rares parts that you do not _need_. After each addition to the rare pool there is a glut of hunting and this puts a load more rares into cabs.

So lowing the drop to 1:10 as opposed to ~2:5 (which is roughly what it is for WBs at the moment) will just make this process longer. It will not change the requirement to use rares in OP wars, it will just allow some ppl to have a period where they have an advantage (becuase not all of us can spend 24/7 online rare hunting).

Celt
14-07-04, 11:38
Also, why hasnt anyone commented on the consequence of having another server towards server numbers?

So pluto people go to pluto->doy, but only 50% of them do as the other 50% go to pluto->doy with shit droprates?

[TgR]HusK
14-07-04, 13:01
yessssssssss! (5 star post :x) (or perhaps change the drop rate depending on the amount of people playing on the server? -based on average stats)