PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport]Postal Service

garyu69
12-07-04, 23:59
Quite simply, what about having a postal service within Neocron. I would love to be able to send presents or items to other runners without having to leave my room.

It would be especially good for trading clans such as Phoenix on Pluto. They could sell Vehicles to anyone without the need of having to endanger themselves or excluding those who could not get to the shop.

It would also make the blackmarket forums a lot more useful as you could send payment via this service and receive the item you want to buy.

Now you would need some sort of security options, like having to have both items to have been sent before you can gain items, this then stops thieves saying i will sell you something, get the money then run.

Just a though.

Oh and stick a personal Mailbox out side people apts that you can deposit stuff but not remove.

cRazy2003
13-07-04, 00:05
lol that idea owns, but it would sorta defy the point of a player being called a 'runner' :p
and yes to be postman pat would fucking pwn.

seraphian
13-07-04, 00:30
lol that idea owns, but it would sorta defy the point of a player being called a 'runner' :p
and yes to be postman pat would fucking pwn.

the reasons players are called 'runners' is an old cyberpunk term. It evolved with Shadowrun and CP2020 calling the players 'shadowrunners' and 'edgerunners' respectively.

I like the idea though, give us a way to send stuff to people if they're in a different time zone, or something.

cRazy2003
13-07-04, 00:37
the reasons players are called 'runners' is an old cyberpunk term. It evolved with Shadowrun and CP2020 calling the players 'shadowrunners' and 'edgerunners' respectively.

I like the idea though, give us a way to send stuff to people if they're in a different time zone, or something.

meh, well the other (normal :p ) meaning for runner is like a erron and delivery boy.

jiga
13-07-04, 00:39
As long as there is trading 'points', where you can only trade from, then i like this idea

tiikeri
13-07-04, 00:40
CP > ALL!! :)

atleast it used to - before NC ;)

msdong
13-07-04, 00:43
ok, why do ppl make a brainport post without looking into the brainport ans see that there is a threat (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103375) only without a poll?

how about a merge ....

garyu69
13-07-04, 00:45
ok, why do ppl make a brainport post without looking into the brainport ans see that there is a threat (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103375) only without a poll?

how about a merge ....
Last time i checked i couldn't read German.

*checks again*

Nope still can't read German.

Doc Holliday
13-07-04, 00:46

how about a merge ....

we put threats in brain port? 8| now i know where i was goin wrong. u submit somethin then u shout and swear to get it implemented :)

msdong
13-07-04, 08:15
--

Nope still can't read German.

ups, sorry. i need check the language of the curent forum more often ;)

Psycho_Soldier
13-07-04, 08:41
I think that Drom Caravan idea of yours in the poll is awesome. I doubt I could keep them alive for long though, some bastards will probably sex them to death. :(

juvestar15
13-07-04, 08:44
I like the idea. Would help me alot, wouldn't have to wake up at 5am to get items off mates. :rolleyes:

Logan_storm_03
13-07-04, 08:48
posible chance of getting hacked when in transition? small but still there...

Necrosadistic
13-07-04, 08:53
What is the point of playing Neocron then?

Will people sit in their apts, get all their parts by mail, cst stuff, then send it out? What is the point of even having a gameworld if thats all they do?

Why don't we also add point/click/wait combat as well? With an autopilot which leads you to runners of hostile factions?

Me - no like idea........

juvestar15
13-07-04, 09:23

Will people sit in their apts, get all their parts by mail, cst stuff, then send it out? What is the point of even having a gameworld if thats all they do?

Why don't we also add point/click/wait combat as well? With an autopilot which leads you to runners of hostile factions?

I really hate that kind of thinking. Someone mentions an idea then someone else blows it out of proportion.

It was an idea, it isn't written in stone. Of course it needs to be expanded on and implemented in a proper way.
eg./ Limit per day of items.
Only certain items(No parts)

garyu69
13-07-04, 10:42

It would be no different than the new Player shops that are to be brought in with DoY.

Sit in your Apt all day building then set your player shop up and bugger off out or to work or something.

Having a mail system won't keep people in their Apts all the time, i mean i doubt anyone wants to RolePlay a hermit :-\ And you will still have to go and hunt to gain items and cash.