PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Increasing PE Usability

-FN-
12-07-04, 20:29
I personally wish PEs had kept Stealth I and that the drug flash on it would've worked 'correctly'. I stood around on my spy the other day repeatedly using Stealth I over and over and over again... there's jack shit for a drug effect o_O But anyway, I digress, that's another topic.

I was levelling with Fez (on Fiz) the other night on Pluto and he brought up an idea that just keeps getting better in my head the more I think about it.

Give Damage Boost a class requirement: Private Eye

This removes one of the 500 jobs a PPU has to do in battle
This gives a PE a serious tactical position instead of a "Lower dmg than a tank"/"Higher defense than a spy" position
PE's would be a seriously wanted asset in an OP battle because there would finally be a function that they and they alone can perform.

I realize tha there were many awesome PE's before stealth, so this is not really a lobby to return an item to a PE, but more to bring them to a position where the question will be asked before an OP battle "Do we have a PE?" - I'd like to see a concrete reason to be asking that about every class by the time DoY comes out.

I'm sure there are other +'s and -'s, but I'm just seeing a lot of +'s so far.

Jest
12-07-04, 20:34
Wow. Just wow. Hybrids will put your head on a pole but I like it. On principal I hate anything with class reqs on them, but we are a little to late for not heading down that road. Seriously though it will never happen if hybrids cant have it.

Inchenzo
12-07-04, 20:34
Bad idea, cos it would seriouly gimp my hybrid..

I think PE's should get something new, something like superpowers,

like 1 minute +5 strenght
or 1 minute +5 psi
or 1 minute speed boost

or throw fireballs and dragonpunches like ken and ryu ^^

Jest
12-07-04, 20:35
Bad idea, cos it would seriouly gimp my hybrid..
Told ya. :p

Inchenzo
12-07-04, 20:36
Wow. Just wow. Hybrids will put your head on a pole but I like it. On principal I hate anything with class reqs on them, but we are a little to late for not heading down that road. Seriously though it will never happen if hybrids cant have it.

very true

ow and jest, if you want to start a char on saturn, i'll be gald to help, cos you helped my constructor/researcher on pluto a bit :)

-FN-
12-07-04, 23:16
Ok then - mayhaps make Damage Boost work on Mobs only and Holy Damage Boost work on Mobs AND Players with a PE Requirement on the Holy?

Why do Hybrids need Damage Boost? For leveling, yeah, I can see that. It would be like leveling with a TL 50 gun the entire time without it. But in PvP, why do you need it? So you can win every solo fight because you have PSI defense AND offense? Tough :p Get a PE friend ;)

I'm a big pure PSI fan anyway so I'm not too obliged to cater to the Hybrid lovers.

Entire REAL classes (i.e. PE) should get more love in this game than the subclasses (i.e. PSI Hybrid), imho.

SjanTeN^
12-07-04, 23:19
no... :mad:
can you rate a thread lower than 1 star+ :rolleyes:

tiikeri
12-07-04, 23:27
make damage boost a Pe class.. and kill hybrids.

Inchenzo
12-07-04, 23:36
Ok then - mayhaps make Damage Boost work on Mobs only and Holy Damage Boost work on Mobs AND Players with a PE Requirement on the Holy?

Why do Hybrids need Damage Boost? For leveling, yeah, I can see that. It would be like leveling with a TL 50 gun the entire time without it. But in PvP, why do you need it? So you can win every solo fight because you have PSI defense AND offense? Tough :p Get a PE friend ;)

I'm a big pure PSI fan anyway so I'm not too obliged to cater to the Hybrid lovers.

Entire REAL classes (i.e. PE) should get more love in this game than the subclasses (i.e. PSI Hybrid), imho.

you also need the holy damageboost for pvp, so don't you touch it :)

p.s. i do luv my PE just look at my sig..

Mr_Snow
12-07-04, 23:38
Do PEs really want to be only used for damage boosting?

As far as I can see PEs under use the DB spell in pvp and pvm so I really dont see this working.

It will also make a PE which essentially leeches xp from a group in an almost nescessity in a levelling situation and do PE want the same crap that PPUs get everythime they log on and get badgered to go out levelling for the simple reason that they are needed to take down mobs fast.

Its not the worst idea Ive ever heard but when I was playing a PE full time I would of hated my class being turned into just a db whore.

msdong
13-07-04, 00:25
PSI is not the PEs profession so it would make me wonder why a PE can do something the great crahn brothers cant.

im still more in to add a new PE only VHC.

-a mining VHC that extract chems from a mining sector
-a command VHC with that allow the setting of WP and enables the creation of up to 4 interlinked team channels.
-a medic VHC. when set up it offers a heal sanktum and drain energy from the PE Mana. it can be loaded with medpacks and boosters that ppl can [buy/get ] there.

or how about a psi disruptor gun. it use the PE mana as ammo and drain MANA from the target.

i really like the 2 last ideas because they represent the mundane basics of the PE with his bigger knowlege of PSI.
the first one reqires TC, VHC, PPW with DEX and PSI requirement
the second is simply a gun maybe a lotec.

Doc Holliday
13-07-04, 01:04
bad idea in the sence of it being pe only as not every pe wants to afford the psu for sake of a decent cast time. a tad unfair in my honest opinion. Hows about some kind of pulse gun for a kind of antibuff thing for a pe. yes i know spies got spirit mods but spies are the snipers and it would mean they would go back to being obsolete. The other option is this. give vehicles lower reqs for the pe. like a 2 tier system for op attacks defence. we can then drive cars etc and get our mates in to battle without having to gimp to fuck. pe becomes a supporter role. or have some kind of bonus pes get when using certain items like spells etc so they become a supporter char a little more.

Crono
13-07-04, 01:07
Gie them Dmg Boost only, that would be awsome, just take away Para :P

Para+Dmg boost if done before your dead = almost dead anything :P (people complain about shockers, para is over 2x the slowdown :P )

But yea man, would give a PE a true almost "Need" in op fights and a great use when in a hunting partie :)
Wouldnt overpower because they can use it alwready, but would atleast make a want for a PE over another class.

-Crono

[TgR]KILLER
13-07-04, 01:11
dmg boosts take what like 30 / 35 mana.. thats over 1/3 of my pool lol :) and i got 3 prims and s/d to go with that.. yes i do carry dmg boost around.. but i can count the times i realy use it on 1 hand i gues..

and din't read the thing above so good.. but like in chaos caves i dmg boost a few mobs here and there.. but like no way in hell i can do that full time.. unless i bring a stack of psi boosters.. and god no i aint gonna carry those.. i aint no bloody monk :p

edit..

don't know why in gods name there are like 30 threads about pe's on the forums.. what the hell is wrong with pe's ? been playing pe forever and forever will.. tho most of the people complaining and shit aren't "real" PE's but they went PE when the stealth tools came in.. and now pe's can't use them no more and they render their sweet stealth fucker all useless.. well get your nuts out of the PE area and go play spy or tank :rolleyes:

Crono
13-07-04, 01:17
:P Killer

Most the PE's complaining are of the same type of Tanks that will be complaining if melee gets nerfed. Which is also the same type of monks that complained when Hybrids got nerfed. Its the price you pay for making rolling "the flavor of the week" :P (in all seriousness melee is fine, DG does fine dmg, and POB mocks all you fools who thought you were safe skipping Poision resist in your con setups :p)

-Crono

Cyphor
13-07-04, 01:34
I voted no for the reason i think its fine as it is (mainly a ppu job) a ppu is passive and so is damage boost, I play my pe to deal the damage, not to be a support char, for that il log my ppu.

I don't think pe's really need anything atm, some of their weapons needs slight tweaking but damage output and defence is well balanced imo.
Think i said this in another thread but the one thing that i thought might work would be a tool to remove you from local (like droners were going to get) that way pe's can go back to sneaking up on people etc without being able to run away from a fight. You'd still be able to spy etc you'd just have to do it a different way from a stealther and actually stay hidden and on the horizon etc.

Mr_Snow
13-07-04, 01:45
we can then drive cars etc and get our mates in to battle without having to gimp to fuck.

Maybe a driving glove or an vehicle interface helmet that gives +50 vhc.

plague
13-07-04, 01:52
I don't realy like this idea just becouse i play my hybrid alot and when tech farming id be arsed with out teh dmg boost(non caped spells do sht dmg and with out dmg boost itll take ages noooooo)....

-FN-
13-07-04, 19:23
Oh, one point I didn't mention here, along with the class req changes:

- Increase RoF and decrease PSI Pool usage on the spell so it's more practical for a PE to use

Original monk
13-07-04, 19:23
euh, out of respect i will yust say that i dont particulary like this particular idea :)

Ozambabbaz
13-07-04, 19:35
good idea, but "say no to crack, say no to class X reqs"

Yes, sure the PE is a nice class in NF, PP and PvM, other than that, it's a gimp, and the way KK implements stuff, it'll be further gimped or restricted to some stuff, like VHC or dancing with the fat stripper

hivemind
13-07-04, 20:08
I like it.

Then again, I like anything that fucks monks. :lol: :lol:

slaughteruall
13-07-04, 20:55
Oh, one point I didn't mention here, along with the class req changes:

- Increase RoF and decrease PSI Pool usage on the spell so it's more practical for a PE to use

It actually has a good ROF and does not use that much of your psi pool. I still say no.