PDA

View Full Version : High-tech PE still viable?

VoxteX
12-07-04, 19:29
Is a high-tech PE even worth it now? I am high-tech atm and it seems very hard to cap the weapons I have because of low P-C. I just want to know if I should stick with high-tech or go low-tech.

{MD}GeistDamnit
12-07-04, 19:32
sure it's still good. I cap dmg on my judge and get a good rof. plus have nice defence with no -'s on any stat cept psi from the PA. also I use no drugs.

retr0n
12-07-04, 19:35
I find lowtech much better because 1) I get to cap my weapons and 2) I get
much better resists. You can cap your weapons even with high-tech though
not freq. a believe but only if you drug like a mofo, wich i never liked so I
gave up on the t-c PE.

I am talking pistols here btw. I dont know about high tech rifle uses but I
believe you can cap a RoG and still have a nice resist setup without using
any drugs, but going beyond that is not worth it.

Edit: ahh yes, forgot about the judge. There are some very nice judge setups.

- Primate

Jest
12-07-04, 19:37
I have a non-PA Judge setup on Pluto. You can ask the people I fight whether its good or not. ;)

Rob01m
12-07-04, 19:38
I find lowtech much better because 1) I get to cap my weapons and 2) I get
much better resists. You can cap your weapons even with high-tech though
not freq. a believe but only if you drug like a mofo, wich i never liked so I
gave up on the t-c PE.

I am talking pistols here btw. I dont know about high tech rifle uses but I
believe you can cap a RoG and still have a nice resist setup without using
any drugs, but going beyond that is not worth it.

Edit: ahh yes, forgot about the judge. There are some very nice judge setups.

- Primate

Is the Blacksun still comparable in damage to the Judge?

retr0n
12-07-04, 20:44
Is the Blacksun still comparable in damage to the Judge?

Not really, a while back rayguns got a nerf while the judge got a little boost.

Koshinn
12-07-04, 20:59
the highest TL pistol a PE can cap without drugs is Beam of Hell (very close to Freq too). You need drugs to cap pistols like RoLH, slasher and exec.

ezza
12-07-04, 23:32
high tech is as viable as it always was, all thats changed is that certain PEs cant stealth all over the show to avoid getting hit.

madmuggle
13-07-04, 00:05
I have a TC PE and even though I don't cap my judge I can still kick a lot of ass with her.

I don't think capping a weapon is all that important for PvP. It is far more important to have good resists and generally be good at avoiding damage and pvp.

The only thing I have trouble with is camo pa mc tanks (and even then only the really good ones). I took out a camo wearing mc tank in j-2 the other day when he attacked me at 1/2 health/warbot shocked/and shelter less. And I still won easily (took about 5 minutes but I ended at 1/2 health which is where I started).

So yeah, TC PE is still very viable. I could do better with lowtech and could get higher resists/etc, but it is not necessary.

Sleawer
13-07-04, 00:28
Usually I find the extra damage of top TC weapons more rewarding towards my play style, as long as your damage dealing and damage resistance abilities are well compensated you should fare well in isolated fights.

What worries me more is the PE role in OP wars and massive fights, where PPUs are present and their effect well noticiable, however this regards every PE, low and high tech.